Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Undying Quest: The Proving Grounds[IC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Reina stood silent for a moment after the strange old man vanished. She thought about the events that transpired before being reborn into this new land. They all died. Everyone...everyone is dead... Images of the battle and of the dead bodies of her friends and mentor were still fresh in her mind. And I couldn't save them. Tears began to well up in her eyes. Reina tried to hold them back, but her knees buckled and she wept softly. Reina instinctively pressed her hand onto the rune in her chest. Strangely, the rune soothed Reina when it is touched, bringing calmness to her mind. Eventually, Reina composed herself and wiped away her tears.

Reina looked down at the rune. The blue veins across her chest pulsated with the same magical energy that was passed down from bearer to bearer for many generations. She couldn't explain it, but it felt as if all the bearers of the rune before her had left their essence within this rune. She even felt her mentor, Assorin, within the rune.

Reina turned her attention towards the two paths before her. Though the path towards the plain is safer, Reina figured that she may need lots of supplies if she were to 'prove' herself and obtained that wish. With a quick turn and a skip, Reina made her way up the mountains. She hoped that she may find any materials or herbs in the mountains or near the top of the waterfall that she may use to craft potions.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

As the demon landed, Dezeroth sighed, quite fed up with the amount of dangerous, outlandish things he seemed to be encountering today. It didn't help that this one sprung from seemingly nowhere, landing directly before him and scattering the villagers. Which, he might add, were the exact people he'd come here for anyway. Well, whatever. He still had need of supplies, and this one was just trying to...Recruit. Not harming anyone, really.

He might look like the sort of abomination the Mage often fought, but Dezeroth had witnessed the power that had brought forth beasts that were as numerous as they were vile, and witnessed as Man attempted--and sometimes succeeded--in surpassing that level of horror. He had no fear in his heart for any who did not earn it. This creature had not earned it. Nor had he earned his wrath. Yet.

So he turned to where the nearest villagers were hiding and knocked on the wall. Almost tiredly, he said "It appears to be trying to convince you to join him under your rule. I think you're safe. I don't know. Could I perhaps convince you to spare me some food, maybe in an exchange of services?"

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"It?" Samael said, raising an eyebrow at the frail-looking human. "You dare insult me to my face, when, from physical appearance alone, I could crush your head like a grape with my bare hand? I respect that." He says, with a slight grin. "It's incredibly foolish of you, but you don't look like the kind of person to err on the side of caution. That, in turn, makes you appear ambitious. Why hide it, I ask?" He continues, planting the head of his axe on the ground in a, hopefully, non-threatening gesture.

"I am a he, for your information, and a Landed Knight and a Lord. My name is Samael, which, in an ancient tongue means 'Venom of God'. What is your name..." He sizes him up, "Wizard?"

Spoiler: Things I like 

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Karrha's eyes looked over the garden and coop for a moment. Not signs she was surprised to see but not signs she was pleased to see. But there was someone here, that much she knew. When she reached the door she waited a moment to take in the feel before she reached to knock, only for the voice to greet her first. She wasn't surprised but the tone of voice took her back. "Monster?" she murmured before looking over her shoulder at the foreboding woods. "Darkwoods." she sighed.

She supposed it made enough sense. a lone women on a little plot of land to such a foreboding forest. But why? that was the question. "Okay." Karr said slowly crossing her arms. "What can I do to prove that I am not a monster?" she asked through the door. Her only source of answers was behind this door, and even though she could ask the questions the women on the other side had no obligation to answer at all or correctly. She needed to find out more and in order to do so she'd have to gain some trust or risk wandering in the wrong direction. There was more dangers, she was sure, then just what sauntered out of the darkwoods.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Tala woke up groggily and looked around, looking at her hand. human, she thought, good at least that way there was less chance of people attacking her. Then looked around and the first thing she saw was a beautiful lake, licking her lips. She was suddenly quite thirsty, so looking at her hand. She focused, watching and feeling herself change. Going over to the lake and taking long drink from it. Having learned long ago, that drinking from lakes and streams for some reason were easier when she was more animal.

Licking her muzzle she headed towards the sign and looked around, they all looked the same for now. She was curious about the Darkwoods and made a mental note for checking it out. For now though she would head for Ales Elendra, hopefully it was a town. If it was, she could change into human form when she got closer. For now though, traveling on all 4 is faster than on 2 legs.

She was about start running, when she remembered her swords. Both of which were on the ground, one for her human form and one for this one. Each felt weird for one of her forms, so she made sure and keep both of them on her. Putting them on the straps on teh small of her back, where they wouldn't move to much when she ran. Then got down low and bolted on all 4s. Running as fast as she could in the direction of Ales Elendra, hoping she the area just off the path stayed high enough to conceal her form.

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Alessandro

At Alessandro's words, the fairy seemed initially confused. "I do not think... The only one I know from... Outside Ales Elendra is..." She paused. "The transporter. Man with beard and magic. He brought me here from... I don't remember." She blinked, and suddenly hovered down to rest on Alessandro's shoulder - a tiny weight that he could scarcely feel. "I am not in danger... Only... You are from outside. Ales Elendra is safety. People... Things from elsewhere... Dangerous."

She looked up at the Aasimar as if trying to gauge more about her. "Except... The fair folk. They are dangerous too. Might be hunted if you stay..." She sounded anxious now, as if her emotions were as ephemeral and flighty as she was herself. "I would not wish harm to you..."

----
    Samael and Dezeroth

As Samael's voice rang out through the village square, the villagers paused. They seemed confused, frightened by Samael's appearance, but at the same time intrigued by his unlikely charisma. Still, nobody who had entered a building dared come out. Perhaps they thought it was a trick, designed to lure them to their deaths. They stood there, silent, and those who remained outside watched him cautiously.

As Dezeroth engaged in conversation with a portly villager who was attempting to hide behind a wall, quite unsuccessfully, the man shot him a venomous look. "Oi, don't give me away!" He hissed between clenched teeth. "And don't even think about coming back here. This is my hiding spot, you hear!?" Perhaps the villagers words would have had more effect had his paunch not already been sticking out from behind the wall - putting him in view of Samael provided the half-fiend so much as even looked sideways at him.

Meanwhile, a braver villager had already taken a cautious step toward Samael. When he shouted a reply it was neither aggressive nor timid. Somebody experienced in reading emotions could tell that the man who came forward was terrified, but his fear was well concealed behind a measured mask. "Welcome to Greyshire!" he called warily. "Forgive me for being rude, but we don't exactly have much reason to trust anything we meet here. We only just started to trust each other, and this whole situation is all kinds of messed up."

----

Reina

The path was steep, but not treacherous. Reina climbed the soaring trail as it circled up into the mountains. If she were not particularly fit, she would find the journey arduous and taxing. By the time she had finally followed the trail to the summit of a mountain, she found herself looking out across a foreboding sight. The path that she was following dipped into valleys and veered around cliff faces. Furthermore, it stretched far off into the horizon. The sight that greeted her was a forbidding wall of mountains, treacherous gullies, and sheltered vales that might prove to be the only places of reprieve.

The sun that had seemed so glorious in the fields, now bore down on her like a merciless tyrant. Fortunately, beside the path, standing vigil on the summit like a crippled sentry was a crumbled, ruined watchtower. If it once had a door, that had long since rotted away - leaving only the skeleton of a stone frame. The watchtower was tall, and might provide an even better vantage point. Furthermore, it had shelter - and might contain supplies. Reina had been able to collect water from rivers and streams, but aside from small birds flying far overhead, she had seen no animals that could be utilised for food. Still - the watchtower seemed abandoned, but it was impossible to tell for sure. Perhaps something sinister lurked in the shadows.

----

Karrha

After Karrha asked her question, there was a brief pause. Then the voice came back again, sharply. "If you want to prove you're a monster, you can get the hell away from me! I'll wager it was you who wrecked my garden and killed my chickens too, no doubt!" If Karrha was perceptive, she would notice the uncertainty in the woman's voice. It seemed she wanted help, but her fear was overruling her wish for assistance.

----

Tala

Tala's journey, while made much swifter by her lycanthropic speed, seemed to stretch for hours. If she were paying attention to the scenery, she would notice rivers, hills, and animals. Cows, goats, and sheep all seemed to graze at their leisure around the Gilded Fields, and the woman saw not a danger in sight. Her nose, though, soon picked up a scent. And it was foul. It was not long before she was able to see the source of the stench. Marching along the path, in a stilted, jerky formation were roughly two-dozen human corpses. They walked like men, and seemed to bear no wounds other than vile sores that oozed green ichor. They carried farming implements for the most part; pitchforks, scythes, a few machetes.

Judging by their rough formation and weaponry, it seemed likely that they were bound for battle. This seemed to contradict what Tala had been able to gather from the Magistrate. As far as she was aware, this area was supposed to be more or less bereft of monsters.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Karr was silent for a moment before she looked back to the coop. "I can assure you Ma'am this is the first time I've been here." she said before looking back to the dark woods for a long moment before stepping away from the door to regard the woods again. It was a foolish thought, specially when she could turn the other way and walk away, perhaps there was a village she would by happenstance find. She had traveled once before in strange lands to find the deserts this couldn't be to much different could it?

She turned to regard the lands for a moment. She was suppose to prove something though. So... Turning back to the woods she spoke. "What if I found the monster that really did this?" she asked. "Would that convince you?" It wouldn't be the first time she'd fought something terrifying... but it would be the first time on her own...
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Samael turns to the man. "You re brave and wise for coming out. I understand you have no reason to trust me, and I am glad you have given me enough of a chance to face me. But something is confusing me." He gestures to the village. "You all just got here, you say? Judging by the wear on the stone of these buildings, as well as the various mills, this village is at least a few decades old."

He thinks for a minute, doing his best to try and figure this out. "Do you know of an old man, he calls himself 'The Magistrate', and he has a shifty look about him? He also has a smug, shit-eating grin that makes him look like he thinks he's better than you?"

Spoiler: Things I like 

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

While she laid on his shoulder, his blended Oriental features kept on her. It was upsetting to hear what she had to say. What could he do to ease her worry? The world here was terrifying for her, it made her alone. Was this land evil?

"I will protect you if you want to stay in company" Alessandro gave sturdy promise. "Please give no thoughts to my pain, I will care for you. We must find others who are kin to your confusion and hiding. You want to return home?"
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The Mage, for the most part, seemed to be making a point of ignoring the demon. Maybe if I ignore it, it'll just continue on its' business. By this point in time, he had his mission--And his mission wasn't to go chatting up every man, woman, and eldritch abomination he came across. Dezeroth blinked, then sighed. Quite frankly, by this point in time, he just wanted to get his supplies and head for somewhere where he was more likely to find Karrha. This place was not likely to be it. "Sir. I'm going to be blunt here. A being of that size and strength could likely strike you through the wall. It certainly can see you, if not smell you. I'm the safest person to be standing next to right now. If it starts becoming a problem, then I'll do something about it. In the mean-time, it's not causing any trouble, and I'd just like some supplies so I can continue on my way."

Really, this is why he usually just plotted and deceived. People actually were prone to doing the smart thing, if you can trick them into doing so. That being said, the Mage could actually use them for a little more than just supplies... But that wasn't something he'd discuss with the terrified villagers. That was something he'd talk about later, when they weren't all hiding and he could gauge their dispositions a little better.

Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast