Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Undying Quest: The Proving Grounds[IC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

After Reina took a swig of water from the river, she formulated a simple plan to approach the tower. This plan was one of the first basic survival escape strategies for any beginner alchemist. This strategy was developed by none other than Assorin himself, and it was named 'Run and Blow!'. All it required were a few explosion flasks and a thunder cloud flask.

Reina reached into her magical bag and pulled out two explosions flasks and a thunder cloud flask. As Reina made her way toward the crumbling tower, she would place an explosion flask down and camouflage it very carefully using loose rocks, dirt, and some foliage from the ground. Before Reina reached the doorway of the tower, she had already placed both of her explosion flasks, one a few meters from where she began walking and one a couple of meters from the doorway, and memorized both of their locations.

Reina stepped just before the doorway with her thunder flask clutched firmly in her right hand, and her dagger in the left. Reina knew the rune had a barrier to protect her, though she wasn't sure how much abuse it can really take before breaking. Well, now is a good time as any for experimenting, I suppose.

Reina stepped into the tower unwavered.
    Last edited by cashpop; 11-14-2016 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the dagger.

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Karrha

There was another long pause, as the woman behind the door thought over what Karrha had to say. "If you're really not from that forest... I'd say you should stay as far away from it as you can." The woman shuddered. "Went in there myself once. Sun never goes up. Even in the middle of the day, it's dark." There was another pause. "Maybe it'd be best for you to wait for the creature to come here... Unless you think you can handle yourself in that godless place."

----

Samael and Dezeroth

At Samael's words, the villager blinked in surprise. "Aye, might be I do... From what you describe... He's the last person we all saw before waking up here." He looks cautiously to the other villagers, not wishing to give too much away. "Although... None of us remember... much from before. It's like this is some sort of vivid dream."

Another man spat on the ground. "Well Stephan, hate to interrupt my 'leader', but it's a dream I'm happy to be living." He growled. "Unlike you, I remember something about what happened before we all came here. I'd just had my bloody throat cut, so I think this is a pretty damn good deal, don't you?" The second speaker looked up at the half-fiend without fear, and approached him. Stephan threw him a cautioning glance.

"The name's Jack Skorn of Hangman's Hill." He folded his arms. "You said something about power, didn't you? Well - fuck it, it's not like I've got anything to lose. I doubt any of these idiots will care to follow you, but if you want something from me - I'll lend a hand, provided you've got something for me in return."

As this conversation was taking place, the portly man near Dezeroth gave a reluctant nod, looking Dezeroth over doubtfully. "You sure about that? No offense, but you don't really look like the sort that could stand up to a monster like that."

----

Alessandro

The fairy shook her head gently at Alessandro's words. "You don't understand... This place... It is my home now. We call it Ales Elendra. It is... safe for us. But... as for you... Enchantments may harm you... and the fair folk..." At the mention of 'fair folk', the fairy became visibly distressed again. "They will... Do horrible things... to an outsider." She paused. She suddenly flitted up into the air and flew in the direction you came from. "You must... go back... This is danger... Danger for you... I will be safe."

The fairy seemed quite insistent on leading Alessandro back out of the forest, hovering, agitated, in the air.

----

Reina

Reina was greeted by an eerie, gloomy stone room. Silence. Nothing but the sound of her own footfalls filled the shadowy space. Looking up, she saw a stone staircase spiraling up and up - toward the top floor of the watchtower no doubt. A quick scan of the floor revealed a rotten trapdoor - splintered and weak. Reina doubted it would be able to withstand much damage.
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 11-14-2016 at 11:49 PM.

JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Without word, Dezeroth touched his hand lightly to the wall and channeled magic. A neat hole of sand was made in the stone wall. Dezeroth removed his hand, and the sand came with it. (2 spells used) "I leave the appearance of strength to those around me." He smiled, "Though, I'll be honest--I'd much rather I help your village defend itself. Is there, perchance, any sort of militia here? I suppose, really, that you wouldn't know much about that, yet, but as it just so happens, I was a tactician and a battle-mage before I...Well. Before I came here. I had some skill with enchantments, too. I really am in need of food and supplies, and any information you could provide. I'd be more than willing to help the people here set up defenses."

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Her further depths of worry and unease made the Aasimar frown deeply. Purity was his direction and though she said go, he was to travel forward.

"Your warnings are heard. But more saddening is the fear I hear in your voice. What is deeper in the woods is destiny. If this has irrevocably become your home - then it should be a place free of fright and the malicious" The blonde swallowed and blinked his high turned almond eyes. Giving a respectful nod of his head to the diminutive woman he turned to where Purity said to proceed. "Return to your shelter, I must travel toward this threatening place"

Alessandro started to walk deeper in, the silk of his cloak waving weakly and the clanks of his metal boots on forest ground sounded once again.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Reina was very curious as to what may lay beneath that trapdoor. It could be the supplies she's looking for or a monster waiting for an unsuspecting victim. If it was the latter, it better not be spiders Reina giggled quietly to herself, the soft sound echoed in the room. Reina decided to head up the spiral staircase and to check the trapdoor later, but not before laying down the thunder cloud flask in her hand carefully on top of the trapdoor.

Reina had considered using another explosion flask, but feared the resulting blast if triggered would also destroy the already crumbling tower with her in it. So instead, she used a thunder cloud flask. The worst that can happen if it were triggered would be a black puff of smoke slowly rising from the floor to the top of the tower, electrocuting everything below its cloud. Though it is possible that she may get caught in the miniature storm, she would rather be zapped than to be blasted.

With that settled, she pulled out her second thunder cloud flask and clutched the dagger tighter in her left hand.

Reina began her ascent toward the top of the watchtower.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Nice to meet you, Jack. Congratulations on making the best choice in your life." he says, proudly, before raising his voume so others could hear, "Perhaps you re right, some people are not lions, they are sheep. And sheep must be lead by lions." Turning his attention back to Jack, he continued. "These sheeple." he says, gesturing to the hiding villagers. "Said that you all basically just began to trust one another. Is there any form of government in this village. If not, I will appoint you headman of...Greyshire. You will be free to run it as you please, as long as you ultimately bend the knee to me, and of course, further my causes. In return, I will offer protection and security as well as enforcing the laws that you make that I approve of. If there is already a government or leader, I will convince them to step down. Is that a good start?"

Spoiler: Things I like 

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Karrha listened quietly to the women. "Dose it come every night?" she asked once again glancing at the garden and coop. No it was unwise to chase it into its home terf when and if it came out on its own. "If that's the case then you are right, Remaining here and waiting for it would be the better decision. then to hunt it down in its own home. If it comes." she said before looking back to the door. "Are there any other homes or villages it might terrorize other then yours?" she asked.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Tala was kinda tired from the constant running, but became quite grateful for her stamina training. Since she would be alot more tired without it. She slowed down at the sight of the livestock smiling at them, but not stopping. As they were a sign that she was getting close to some kind of civilization.

The foul smell that hit her hard and caused her to slow more than the livestock had. If this was a territory she was familiar with, she might go charging in, but sense she didn't. She got low to the ground and moved cautiously. Until she spotted the undead army? Undead farmers? Undead farming army? Whatever they were, she backed farmer off the path. Holding her breathe, not wanting smell their foul stench more than she had too.

Finding a tree, Tala hid behind it and stood up. Just keeping watch over them for now. Ready to fight should they notice her, for now she just watched them. Curious as to why they were there and want the army wanted or what whoever controlled them wanted.

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Samael and Dezeroth

The portly villager squinted at Dezeroth doubtfully, in-between snatching frightful glances at the hulking devil that loomed over the village. As sand poured from the stone wall, leaving behind a now empty gap, the man blinked in surprise and huddled up closer against the wall. "You're a wizard!" he gasped. Suddenly, his demeanor changed. He almost fell over himself trying to bow, and began trying to string two different sentences together at the same time. "Use some of your magic to blast that - yes we have supplies! Militia?" The man paused again, downcast. "Afraid not... hasn't been any need."

At Samael's words, Jack grinned. Clearly, this turn of events pleased him. He opened his mouth to speak, but another spoke first. The man named Stephan, who had first come forward. "There is no government here. We are a committee, who run by majority decision." The man moved toward Samael, until he was standing adjacent to Jack. "Forgive my rudeness, but I am far better qualified to lead than this upstart cutthroat. Let me prove my worth. I am no fool, and I can see that none of us could withstand you if you wished to attack. I will bend the knee to you, and will make a far better leader for these people than him." He tilts his head toward Jack, who fixed him with a deadly glare.

Jack Skorn was next to speak. "You always thought you were better than us, Stephan." he growled. "Let me tell you, as this fine, winged gentleman just said - it should be the lions who lead the sheep. I don't care how qualified you are - you're a craven pig, and don't have any right to be speaking to the lord like that."

----

Alessandro

As Alessandro pressed further into the woods, he noticed that the fairy had not heeded her advice. Rather than returning to whatever home he had come from, he had darted into the trees and kept a short distance from the Aasimar, scouting around Alessandro's perimeter for any danger.

Alessandro soon found himself moving through a gorgeous glade with grass the colour of russet and copper, as if modeled after every shade of autumn. The fairy was immediately at his side. "Careful!" It warned her desperately. "Ambush ahead..." her voice wavered. "Fair folk."

----

Reina

As Reina climbed the winding staircase, she was painfully conscious of the way her steps echoed around the tight cylindrical space. The silence from the rest of the tower was deafening, and it would require a nerve of iron for Reina to not be slightly unsettled. After a few short minutes she made her way to a place where the stairs ended at a wooden door that seemed to be on its last legs. Looking out of a slit in the wall, the alchemist was able to determine that she had reached the top of the tower. The mountain summit below her seemed a long way down.

If she were to listen at the door she would hear nothing. The air was still as a stale corpse, and yet still the woman felt a chill creep up her spine.

----

Karrha

The woman's voice softened for a moment. "I seem to be alone out here. No other buildings or villages for at least a mile. I'd walk further, but my legs aren't what they used to be." There was a pause, as the woman seemed to make up her mind. "Listen, it was rude of me to be so unwelcoming before. You seem like a well-meaning person, and I'm a good judge of character. I don't think I'm quite ready to let you inside... just in case, you understand... But this house was quite well-stocked when I arrived. I'll make you a meal, so you don't have to watch out for me on an empty stomach."

----

Tala

Tala ducked out of sight, and the undead didn't seem to notice her. They continued to move south in the direction that Tala had come, and then - just before they went out of sight - they turned off onto another path that veered to the west. Once their stench was out of her proximity, another smell caught the werewolf's attention. Smoke. Turning back in the direction the zombies had come from would reveal that indeed, a thin plume of smoke was rising in the distance.
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 11-15-2016 at 01:13 AM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Jack has a point, Stephan. While you ll wavered, Jack act with confidence and certainty. He is ambitious and brave, which I respect. But, Jack Stephan also has a valid point. As one of the major officials in my organization, you are to appoint a group of advisers known as the 'Small Council', who are basically the lords of small matters. These positions are things such as master of coin, laws, ships, industry, and so on. They provide advice and ideas for you yo approve or disprove, as well as dealing wit the day to day running of the territory under your control. Perhaps Stephan would fit in in this group? A wise leader staffs his council and advisors with men who disagree with him, so as to be able to look at matters from differing points of view." He nods.

"That done, I have two jobs for you, Jack. Your first is to get the other villagers to swear oaths of fealty to me, and also to find me an appropriate residence until my keep can be built. Once we have everyone on the same page, we can work on improving this village, arming and training soldiers, building up our industry and infrastructure, and then expanding our territory to the surrounding lands. Once we are ready, I saw another village a few miles from here on my way in. once we get the farmers in, and we have a good amount of soldiers, there would be a good next stop. Are we in agreement?" He says, with his arms crossed.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast