Page 47 of 126 FirstFirst ... 454647484997 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Undying Quest: The Proving Grounds[IC]

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Reina

This time as she leaped, the three furies that had been flanking her all dove in to attack again, seemingly unperturbed by her magical defences. She landed quickly, not having jumped a huge distance, but as she did two more that had moved to cut her off dove toward her and gripped her with their talons. All five that were adjacent to her grabbed onto whatever parts of her they could, attempting to pin Reina down with their combined weight and send her tumbling off the edge of the bridge.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Reina attempted to shake off their grip, the barrier manifesting itself to where the furies were holding onto. Even if the barrier had prevented the talons from sinking itself into her body, it only served as a good grip for the winged humanoids. With their combined weight and force, Reina fell to her knees and eventually onto her back. Strangely, Reina hadn't felt any impact to the back of her head. The answer was revealed to her the moment she turned her head to look. Reina was staring down the chamber and the furies were pushing her off the bridge.

Reina tried to fight them off, struggling with her dagger to slash at them, but she could only nick at their feet as her left hand was held down. Despite her efforts, it was all in vain as her body slowly inched away from the bridge. Still, Reina struggled, she couldn't just simply die like this. Not after how far she'd gone.

Just then, an idea came to her. Reina turned her head again to gauge her height and at the walls down below near the pool. At this position and that shape of the wall, I think it would be possible. A sly smirk crept onto her face.

Reina then simply stopped struggling, allowing the furies to drag her off the bridge.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Reina

The creatures forced her over the side of the bridge - at which point she began to plummet rapidly toward the rocks below. The furies, not wishing to end up in a similar fashion - scattered to the winds, watching her fall with malevolent glares.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As soon as the furies released Reina, she reached into her magical bag and pulled out her stonewall flask. She then quickly twisted around and angled herself so that her feet now is headed toward the pool. Reina quickly eyed the spot she earlier on the wall below and chucked the potion at it. Her plan of doing this was that the surface of the wall was flat enough to allow her potion to create a wall of its own, which in this case would be a platform given the position. Of course, the wall wouldn't be able to fully stretch to its full length given the shape of the chamber, but it should erect a platform long and wide enough to catch her before being impaled by one of the spikes within the water or jutting out of it. From there, she'd be able to enact her idea.

Also, given that Reina was falling to her seeming 'demise', this should give her enough time to apply the idea as the furies were still perched above.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Reina

The furies cried out in anger as soon as Reina found her footing again, and swooped toward her in unison - six fanning out to surround her, the other three hanging back.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Alessandro held her hand to try and calm her.

"They are going to help fight the Vampire queen, I know it. Have faith in me as I have faith they will work with us" How Dez went through life worried Alessandro because he openly flaunted his use of people. Did he connect frequently with the people who he led or were they always tools of ambition? He had to be careful for himself and Sel'ora.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As soon as Reina landed, she spun around to see the furies enraged. Hah, you're mad. Without a wasted moment, Reina quickly sifted through her magical bag for her bubblebounce flask and the glass lily from earlier. Her idea was to add the lily to the bubblebounce potion. When she added the oil to the whirlwind flask, it created the Fire Whirl. One thing to note was that the fire whirl was simply the whirlwind but with the added effect of fire. However, this lily was a rare component, used in very potent ice based potions. Reina wasn't sure what the effect this would have on the bubblebounce.

Would the bubblebounce still retain its ability to form a bubble around Reina with an added effect or will it alter it drastically? Reina figured it may be the latter, but there was no time to debate.

Now is a good time to experiment as any!

She then quickly grounded the glass lily in her hand and stuffed it into the flask, shaking it in the process. Hmm, a pale blue color. The furies were already barreling toward her and she hadn't a moment to lose. In one quick motion, Reina closed her eyes, held her breath, and dumped the contents all over herself. Reina yelped suddenly as the liquid goo within was very cold as it splashed onto her, causing her to drop her dagger. The effect should take hold instantly, given her experience with the bubblebounce before.

In a few moments, the furies would be already digging into her with those talons and Reina awaited the outcome.

She waited.

And waited.

And waited.

She opened her eyes slowly to see the furies that were attacking just stopped and hovered a distance away from her. Why did they stop? Reina could clearly see she wasn't in a bubble, so the potion had changed effects after all. Reina looked down at herself and gasped. Her leather armor was completely dark blue, as well as the rest of her clothes. She then held her hand up to her face and it was pale blue. Her skin had changed color as well. "Woah..." Reina said in awe as her breath became visible as if she was in a snowy day.

Reina looked at her hands, front and back. She then turned her attention toward the furies, who were still hovering above her. They must have been confused or at awe as well from this sudden change in appearance. There has to be more effects to this than simply a palette swap. Reina looked down at the dagger she dropped and knelt to grab it, but stopped as she realized there was something strange occurring around her feet. On the spot of the stone platform she stood on, there was ice. Simply ice. The ice seemed to have spread from where she stood. Reina was again surprised and decided to test this. Reina took a few steps around the platform, and ice seem to cover each spot she walked on. Her eyes widen as this goes on. Maybe I shouldn't grab my dagger.

Then her attention fell upon the pool of water and the tears from the Weeper's face. What if... Reina walked to the edge of her platform, knelt down, and stuck her hand into the water.
    Last edited by cashpop; 12-07-2016 at 04:27 PM. Reason: GM allowed slight control over the furies

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Reina

As Reina's hand broke the surface of the water, the liquid began to crystalise and freeze around her hand. The pulsing aura of cold that surrounded her didn't seem to negatively affect her, but the furies were staying away from it. Clearly they wanted nothing to do with such a powerful aura.

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Tala growled a little when she didn't get a response, but jumped when they disappeared. Confusion growing as more seemed to appear out of no where. This time the elves attacking a poor unicorn, she turned to look at the man as he started mumbling and grumbling. She sat down and wondered if he was doing this, showing this somehow. Reaching out, she petted his head. Hoping it helped the sleeping figure to feel better, not sure what else to do.

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Prisoners, you say? Before we go, I'd like to meet them. The mayor would be a good help. I like to leave as much of the leadership of a town I conquer intact, if I can. I find that the common folk respond better to people that they are familiar with, than those that they aren't. I only replace them if they prove inept or seditious. And as for the alchemist, I think I may take her as well. If she was just freshly turned, she might not look that bad. I have seen some zombies that looked almost alive, like they did before they died, though that depends on the Necromancer. I knew one, what was his name...Heinrich Kemmler, yes him. He liked to make his look extra monsterous. But excuse me, I am talking your ear off. Shall we go see these prisoners and said alchemist? Worst case, we wrap her in bandages and say she has plague scars, but because of you, she survived her terrible sickness and was cured. That will help to get my people to like you."

Spoiler: Things I like 

Page 47 of 126 FirstFirst ... 454647484997 ... LastLast