Page 51 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4950515253101 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Undying Quest: The Proving Grounds[IC]

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Tala listened and felt a little bad about asking why he felt the need to reward her. She didn't want to dishonor him, but took mental notes on what he said. Tilting her head and wondered if the pixie she met would be willing to help her in the looking like an elf department. When he finished she nodded, "Thank you for the advice, I'll be going now and I hope bringing balance back to this place won't be too difficult." She said, hoping to not insult him, but just wanted to wish him luck. Then she headed back through the forest, her nose twitching smelling everything as she went.

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"My magic? I can't imagine why not. Why, does it not have water, air, earth or fire? I mean--As long as the basic elements are there, I can still move them and such. It doesn't really matter where we go." And then he gave her this look like, and you're going to start getting skittish now, after all the stuff we've seen? "Also, we've fought an endless horde of darkness lead by a being whose sole point of light was a trap designed to suck the soul out of living beings, and who was a bastardization of the very deity we served. By this time, I feel like we've conquered that whole 'walking into the territory of pure, undiluted evil' thing."

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"True, but maybe an addendum like unless it is against the well being of you or me. But I don't know that much about necromancy." He says, and then turns to Sylvia. "Alright then. Nemarh, if you'd like to rest or do something else, I may be a while with her. If you would excuse us?"

Taking Sylvia with him, he removes her soiled clothes, then sets to work gently cleaning her, and then making her smell nice. Taking pieces of leather, he sews them into suit, stitching it into her flesh, so it is like a second skin, allowing trap doors around her behind and genitals accessible with a simple knot. Around her head, he constructs a Plague Doctor's mask, allowing holes in the beak for her to be able to breathe (though she does not need it, it does allow her to be heard when she speaks), and lightly packing it with herbs. The suit itself is very form-fitting bu flexible, and her curves are clearly visible.

His work done, he goes with her back to Nemarh. "There we go, one hidden zombie. What I'm going to say is that she was sick, but we, working as a team, cured her. however, this sickness, even though we ended it, Made it so sunlight burns her skin, so I made her this suit so she could walk around and be normal. She owes us her life and has sworn to serve me to repay her debt. She will, of course, be restricted to my basement laboratory unless I am with her. Shall we depart?"

Spoiler: Things I like 

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Reina

As Reina spoke, the mental pressure on her mind receded slightly. When the Weeper spoke Reina almost thought she heard a hint of hope in that rumbling tone. "I think it is past time that I found out the answer to that question." But don't think that means I'm going to give you any more time to compose yourself. The pressure in her mind resumed again with sudden force.

----
    Tala

Tala did not have to travel for long before picking up the scent of smoke. It was from deeper in the Nightwood, and mixed in with it were the smell of strange burning herbs and fumes.

If she were to follow the smell she would find her way to a small thatched cottage with smoke billowing from the chimney. It was in a small clearing, but had an air of foreboding to it. Its windows were dark, so she could not see inside clearly. Oddly, a "welcome" mat had been placed at the front door.

----

Samael

Sylvia watched Samael with a detached expression. "I will be able to play that role if you wish it."

Nemarh gave Samael a wry smile. "Of course, I always ensure that my undead pawns are ultimately loyal to me. Let us travel to this village, it will be refreshing to speak with some living men who don't wish to put my head on a pike."

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Karrha rolled her eyes at his look. "Don't patronize me mage and yes, we have." she agreed. "And every single one of them have felt wrong in their own way. But its never quite disturbed my inner magic the way this forest seems to." She muttered. "And its not even holy magic." She looked over her shoulder at the rest of the group. "The only one's not bothered is you and the kid. Of coarse he's admitted to being in here before and I only know of one other who's gone inside but I don't know what's become of her now."

She let out another thoughtful breath. "So strait through? We should still have some hours yet before it becomes dark..."
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Errgghh!" Reina grunted as the psychic attack suddenly regained its strength and pushed back into her mind. However, she was still able to hold her crouched position. Reina's breathing shook at first, but began to steady after a few moments. "Then...allow me...to grant you your gift."

Reina's 'gift' was to simply toss an explosion flask onto the Weeper itself. The power of this flask can destroy half a sizable cottage if well placed. The power of the flask wasn't something to sneeze at and Reina knew this very well. However, given the current conditions, Reina must be very careful when using this flask. She was a short distance away from the face and the her aura would begin to freeze the flask the moment she touched it.

Reina would need to move down the bridge toward a doorway, enough distance so that the blast wouldn't throw her off balance too much or harm her, and she needed to quickly throw the flask so that she won't freeze it to disuse, giving her less time to aim. However, Reina was confident enough to quick throw a flask from her magical bag with good accuracy, despite the psychic attack. So with that, Reina crawled her way toward one end of the bridge. Once satisfied with the distance, she would take some time to prepare herself to quick throw an explosion flask at the Weeper. The middle part of the bridge may very well be heavily damaged, if not broken due to the coming explosion.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Reina

It was all she could do to simply drag herself to a sheltered location through the pain drilling into her mind. She had to pause, and took some time to focus enough to line up a good shot. She was beginning to see stars again, and her vision was becoming blurry. Making this shot would be difficult... but she knew she had to try, because if she didn't - the pressure of the telepathic assault would soon send her tumbling off the bridge altogether. Clutching her rune with her free hand, it glowed brightly for a split second - giving her a single moment of clarity before guttering out altogether, its power seemingly drained.

Reina hurled the flask, watching its flight from behind groggy eyes...

and then her vision faded to black as she finally slipped into unconsciousness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It was midday at the School of White. The sun held high in the sky as its light reflected off the gleaming walls of the school. The highest tower of the school held a room known as the headmaster's office. It was unkempt and messy as paperwork lay strewn all about the floor and crowded the wooden walls. Tubes and beakers rested on the desk along with a small chalkboard that hung from one side of the wall. Within the headmaster's office was an old alchemist with a young bright student.

"Hey! Stop it! That tickles!" The child laughed as the old alchemist attacked her with his diabolical fingers.

"Oh hoho! I found a weak spot! This spells the end for you, Adventurer!" The old man bellowed with a tone of mockery and jovial. He continued his assault without end, bringing tears to the youngling through sheer laughter. Suddenly, a wooden block smacked him in the face, throwing him off balance. "Ow!" The old man quickly eyed the wooden block as it landed on the floor. It was perfectly shaped with no cracks in sight. He then turned toward the direction of where the block came from and could see a visible block shaped hole in the wall, as well as a broken flask on the ground. Finally, he turned his attention back at the now sheepishly grinning child.

"Oh, Reina, what was that potion?" The old man asked.

Reina looked at the wooden block with a sigh. "It was supposed to be the stonewall flask, but it looks like only a small wall instead! And it popped off! The potion was a bust, I'd say, Assorin!"

Assorin shook his head. "Now, Reina, you know better than to use potions within delicate places such as this. Especially, with potions such as that! That was very dangerous and irresponsible of you."

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to test it out, you know? Experimenting! Like you always told me!" Reina beamed with pride.

Assorin sat down on his chair and sighed. "I know, I know, but Reina this was very dangerous. Someone could have been hurt. What would happen if you crafted the potion correctly? What would happen to this room? To us?"

Reina's face fell as she pictured the image in her mind. "Oh..." Reina looked away downcast, clearly feeling awful of her actions. However, Assorin only smiled.

"Come here, child." Assorin called. Reina made her way around the desk toward Assorin, where he grasped her in a warm hug. "It is alright. Next time, use the potion in the training grounds outside." Reina only nodded solemnly. Assorin thought of what to do for a moment. "...but that was some quick thinking, as expected from an adventurer such as yourself!" Before Reina could react, Assorin yet again resumed his tickle assault.

Reina squirmed about as she laughed loudly. However, Reina didn't realize she knocked down a work-in-progress Lady Luck potion off the desk with a flailing arm. Assorin watched as the flask fell to the floor. "Uh oh"

Instantly, a mountain of white feathers appeared, filling up nearly half the room. Some of the feathers leaked out the windows, which caused curious alchemists from below to look up into the sky to see a small blanket of white feathers fluttering in the wind.

Assorin and Reina rested upon the pile with wide eyes and incredulous expressions. They looked at each other, and after a few moments of silence, they roared with laughter. Reina then crawled over the pile over to Assorin and hugged him, her head resting upon his chest. "Can you teach me this potion? I promise I'll make you proud!"

Assorin chuckled and stroked Reina's hair. "Of course. No matter what you do, you'll always make me proud."

They both stayed in each other's embrace for a time. Or at least until the teachers came by to help clean up this mess.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Reina

Reina woke in a daze, to the sound of rushing water and faint, faded bird calls. As her eyes eased open, she saw the world in shades of red and golden light. It took her several moments to adjust, and realise that the sun was setting. She was exhausted. Her body ached, and her mind was throbbing, but she was alive. Both the booming voice and the telepathic presence were blissfully silent. Looking up, she saw that the area where the face had been carved into the mountain had been completely blown open. Her aim must have been perfect. The explosion had revealed a tunnel that bored into the side of the cliff, from which an underground river flowed over the edge. Instead of two streams of tears, it was now a single, massive cascade of rushing water.

Looking down, she saw that the furies had all met their ends on the jagged rocks below. The telepathic power of the Weeper had completely destroyed their minds, a fate which she had only just avoided thanks to the help of Assorin's rune. It was weak now, giving of a faltering, frail light - but still it glowed, the promise of a friend who would never leave her side.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Reina groaned slightly as she groggily sat up. She closed her eyes and rubbed her head. The pain was finally gone, but now she was simply drained. The fight had taken quite a toll on Reina. This sure was an ordeal, just as the map said. Reina stood up with whatever power she had left to stretch. She moaned blissfully when she felt audible satisfying bone cracks within her limbs. After her bit of stretch, she assessed her situation.

It seemed like a few hours or so had passed since she had passed out, given the current time. The middle part of the bridge had been completely blown away, but luckily the rest of the bridge seemed to hold for now. She lost her cloak, her dagger, and whatever biscuits and jerky she had left. Well, not very good news, is it? The bounceshoes effect had worn off as well as the cold aura. Her skin and clothes returned to its original colors.

Reina looked to the now gaping hole that was once the Weeper. Her head throbbed with a slight pain as she recalled the psychic attack that she was subjected under. Reina wondered about the Weeper. Was the soul of the trapped adventurer, if the Weeper used to be an adventurer and not some soulless magical construct, freed from the curse? Well, given the result, he must be. His soul could now go wherever souls go. Maybe he will end up in another proving grounds with another magistrate, and end up being that land's Weeper once again. Reina chuckled softly to herself, though she did hope for the best.

She looked down to her rune to see it flicker blue light unsteadily, the blue energy that branched from the rune across her chest in several directions was darkened. It seemed the rune too was exhausted. Given its condition, Reina wouldn't be able to create potions for the rest of the day. Reina held the rune in her hand and sighed.

Reina sat back down within the cave doorway. There wasn't much she could do now except wait for tomorrow so that she could continue. She looked up at the golden sky, watching it turn more red, then darken as night fell. The moon shone down upon the chamber, bathing Reina in its ethereal light. She rested her head upon the rocky texture of the walls and closed her eyes.

She hoped tomorrow she'd find someway to replenish her supplies. Preferably, a new cloak and dagger.

Maybe the cloak could have a picture of a Sphinx etched onto it.
    Last edited by cashpop; 12-13-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Page 51 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4950515253101 ... LastLast