Page 119 of 126 FirstFirst ... 69117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1257

Thread: [M]Undying Quest: The Proving Grounds[IC]

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

The elf queen transfixed Alessandro in her dazzling eyes, and a smile lit up her face. "Your thoughts are kind, but incorrect. You are wrong. I am not like the angels, the angels are like me. Nothing can compare to my beauty, it can only imitate." Her smile grew slightly wider. "But imitation is the sincerest form of worship."

The other elves watched on, leering from behind scornful masks of superiority, so similar. They were like pale shadows of the queen.

"My name is Titania. I am Queen of the elves and Goddess of the fae realm. Your name is Alessandro, of House Aegis, and you failed to answer my question." Her voice was so mesmerising, so sweet - and yet there was a hint of mild annoyance in it. "I do not like to repeat myself, dear one. What has brought you to us?"

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Alessandro sealed his lips, unable to know any difference between right and wrong himself when it came to the Angels and to the fair Titania. Lowered, Alessandro stared up at her. He let the waves of awe coming from her splash against his many confusions inside. A light, she was light. She was the summer of the Dawnwood and it only reminded Alessandro that it was the light that was good, all darkness and shadow evil. To someone as impressionable as Alessandro, her face extended to become a fastened moral compass.

Alessandro’s shoulders dropped and his backside fell back onto his feet while he slumped more into himself. The weight of his uncertainty before seeing this holy face made him sick. How could he have changed and slipped so much? How could have asked so many questions? Titania’s face was the light, the reminder of where he came from. His sparkling face turned downward to her beautiful legs, lower to her feet while his depression ate at his morale.

She introduced himself and he perked up when she happen to know his name. The aforementioned summoning of his failure against her made the lad swallow hard and tears he had been holding from everyone as a trial of strength came out.

“I am sorry…I failed you…Radiance…” Alessandro shuddered to himself. ’What is it that I can do right?’ he criticized himself with defeat. “V…Veradyn brought me to you for I had wanted to retrieve Sel’ora. But…I do not want to be hurt in the way…the way he says…the way he said…” Alessandro couldn’t finish, his face flushed from the moment Veradyn’s name began to come from his warmed lips, and his tears amplified in the echoes of his lived nightmares from his formative years.

In a heroic call of his willpower Alessandro managed to find his words through his crying, syllables bouncing up and down with his heavy and shaking breathes. For Queen Titania she must be spared his further failures; splotches began to form in front of his knees upon the floor of the court. His shoulders were shaking up and down and at times his angelic face grimaced while he spoke through his weeping: it was as if he was breaking himself in half all for the sake of not further offending Her. It was a sort of unnatural state, yet remarkable Alessandro could juggle turmoil and conversation with equal attention from heart and mind.

“I was able to find Sel’ora with Purity but it-mn- was insisted I and Tala -mn- must come…Have I answered in a way that pleases you?
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Dezeroth nodded, and utilized Magic to pull Fire away from the tree any time it looked to be about to set another log ablaze, but otherwise slowly harvested the flame--Allowing it to burn a new section before pulling the flame into a sphere. He did this as many times as he could, producing as many flames as he could. When all was told, he had around ten flames. He looked at them, then smiled. "I should have just enough of the four elements here to form the arcane lattice, though clearly it's going to need to work on an earth-based mana refinery. That'll be an interesting conundrum--Blood's typically aligned more with the duality of flame and water than it really is with elemental Earth, though of course the physical manifestation of cloth is more earth-andcentric by nature. Hmmm...Perhaps...Yes, that could do it. Well, it'll be an interesting item, I'll tell you that much."(-10 spells)

Dezeroth formed one of the balls of flame into an essence pill and ate it, materializing the Arcane Aura that by now must be rather familiar. He turned all five feet inward, instead wrapping them around his sword. Why? Because the Intelligence he'd imbued it with was massively incomplete. It had been more or less a patch-job done in the middle of combat to keep the Vampire Queen from being able to simply skewer everybody in one go, but now that they were actually out of combat, a bottomless greed for magical power was, well, limited in its utility. Dezeroth did not suffer limited utility any more than he had to.

So for this time around, he used the first foot of Aura to infuse into the blade the ability to be satiated with the magical energy it devoured--Perhaps never truly full, but at the very least happy with what it had--And a basic sense of self-preservation. It would know when to give its' wielder some of its strength of its own volition would help to preserve it--or keep it out of the hands of the unworthy.

The next foot was used to describe the parameters for someone 'worthy.' They had to be a magic user, first of all--In the event that nobody else was around to feed, these kinds could at least easily feed the blade themselves. They had to be capable of wielding the blade, both with skill and on a higher capacity. And they had to be both willing to use the blade and capable of resisting its' urges. The Blue Waltz was a blade for the strong and intelligent--The predators. Under no circumstances would it suffer Prey wielding it.

The third foot was to help it with building relationships--And loyalty--With its' wielder. He gave it, first of all, the capability to develop likes and dislikes. Dezeroth didn't really fill in what those were, but left it to the Blade to decide as time went on. He gave it a desire for interaction with others, and ultimately, a desire not only to be wielded, but a desire to be wielded well. He gave it the want to find a cause worth fighting for, and left dormant the sense of fulfillment, for when it finally found that cause. Dezeroth was hoping to make that cause his own.

The fourth foot was used to design the negative parameters--He instilled upon it the capability of feeling loneliness, betrayal, and disgust at those who were unworthy of it. He gave it the capability of feeling hurt when those who it trusted and called friend turned on it, and also gave it a mild fear of being left without a wielder, alone.

The final foot he dedicated to imprinting upon it some of his own affection for Karrha. As far as Dezeroth was concerned, all of his magical products, even those that weren't intelligent, should have such a feature.

"Phew," Dezeroth sat down, then sent the various balls of flame to light the torches about the dancing hall, as well as the chandeliers. "Time to rest." He looked over to Karrha, answering her unasked question, "I'd noted during the battles we've fought that the first thing anyone seems to aim to do with you is take out your bow-arm. It occurred to me that in such cases, not being able to heal yourself was quite detrimental. So I'm working on designing a dress that can act as your arms when you're hurt, and that can be healed. Might add in some additional utility, too."

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Karrha watched quietly from where she was. It wasn't very often so got to watch closely as he worked, though sometimes there just wasn't much to see. It seemed to be a while before the mage came out of his focus from his newly acquired sword. He was certainly draining himself right now, but she supposed they had some time to prep for whatever could be ahead? She uncrossed her arms as she approached him as he set down to rest.

"Well of coarse, disabling the enemy enlists a win, most of the time but it is detrimental." she agreed as she stood next to him looking at him before to the dress. "A dress? putting some of your own fancies into play?" she asked looking over the green dress. She hadn't worn one since she was a child, she wasn't entirely sure how well she'd wear one anymore. Regardless it was an interesting idea, but a dress wasn't usually the best choice for combat. Of coarse with any luck their next destination wouldn't need her hand in combat as often. She slowly set down next to the resting mage.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Queens are known to wear dresses," Dezeroth replied glibly, grinning over at her, "But I wouldn't get too attached to the color. The nature of the dress means it's probably going to end up turning red. I don't think I'll be able to give it the ability to change colors, although I should think it will be somewhat capable of changing shape--It will essentially be able to move under its own power, and it'll be made of cloth, after all."

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"Queens are indeed..." Karrha wasn't sure what to make of that glib remark as she listened to the mage. Though supposing it wasn't so surprising considering his aim in life and if he managed to reach it... She looked to the green dress as he mentioned its color would most likely change and while it would most likely stay that way its chap may change. "Mmm I see." She said thoughtfully. "While I fancy green over red myself the ability to change shape would be appreciated. I haven't worn a dress since I was a little girl. My skills at being a proper lady might be a bit rusty." It wasn't as if she was nobility or anything but her mother had taught her the etiquette at one point in her childhood, that was just so long ago.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Alessandro and Tala

Titania's face adopted an expression of sympathy so quickly and fluidly that it was almost disconcerting. She watched him cry with a look of mirrored sadness in her eyes. "There, there... you have satisfied me. Clearly you have been through a great deal, child." She allowed a soft smile. "It is true that you are a failure. I cannot change your past, or amend your wrongs for you. But I can offer you salvation... I can offer you a chance to move beyond your miserable, defeated existence. Everything you have done has been for nothing - but I can give you purpose." She beckoned him forward, and stood to receive him. When he neared, she moved him closer to her - into a warm embrace. An embrace filled with compassion, tenderness and love. "Let me help you." she whispered. "Let me show you the correct path. Put yourself at my command, and I will guide you towards a pure destiny. Your wish... it is so hideously selfish. Everything you are is perverted and hypocritical. I have a goal that you can fulfil for me, sweet child. I can help you become the true embodiment of altruism that you yearn to be deep within your heart."
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 05-24-2017 at 03:11 PM.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Alessandro drifted in and out of consciousness in her arms. Titania, Her Radiance, Her embrace felt like the Heavenly Sphere extending its will to envelop someone. The arms were soft and lovely, like Aika, like mommy. Sweet, safe, a place where he wanted to be and his soul bartered for that yearning at nearly cost. Titania proposed a price, she broke his will and for a minute Alessandro closed his wet eyes. He flew away to the back of his mind where his ego crushed, dried and fell into granular bits of ash. Ego death rebirthed Alessandro into Titania’s control. What Alessandro felt was an alignment with Her promise. If he listened, he would be the light he yearned to be – the light his father couldn’t be.

“…I will do what you ask, Radiance”
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

"Good." Titania smiled that radiant smile of hers as she smoothed back Alessandro's hair. "I want to help you do the right thing, but I am afraid that your soul is still tainted. Before I can truly guide you to the right path, you must be willing to cleanse yourself of darkness. Become a true beacon of light." She pulled him even closer and murmured soft words into his ears. "A human village lies to the west, near to our borders. My scouts have reported its presence just on the eaves of the forest. I see clearly the taint of evil deep within them. They have faces, but their souls are twisted and horrible. I would ask you to go west, along with a hunting pack. Veradyn will accompany you, I think." She gave Veradyn a knowing smile. "You must cleanse the town of all hideousness. Cut down every man, woman and child you find. It may seem wrong, but you must remember that your perception is abhorrently stunted. Veradyn will guide you if you falter. They are evil and disgusting. Cleansing them will simultaneously cleanse your own soul. Are you ready to follow the path of light and righteousness?"

JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Dezeroth laughed, "And my skills at being a proper Mage have rusted significantly. I think I'm going to start having to be more liberal about maintaining an Aura at all times--The Queen has shown me that magical power here is far more...Unforgiving than in our world. But for now...I must rest. This step was simply one required to begin the next step, and...For certain reasons, I'm somewhat leery of the next few parts of this. Well. The part that ought to take a few hours won't be too bad."

For the time being, he closed his eyes, resting--Simply allowing mana to flow through and into him, slowly revitalizing him, bringing him back to where he once was. It would take a little while--especially since Dezeroth rarely abused the local mana. It was technically true that this method could rapidly restore his mana. However, if he did it in such a manner so frequently, the mana could also become corrupt. That wasn't something one tended to want in their magical items.

Page 119 of 126 FirstFirst ... 69117118119120121 ... LastLast