Page 1 of 126 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Undying Quest: The Proving Grounds[IC]

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default [M]Undying Quest: The Proving Grounds[IC]

The morning sun gleamed proudly as it began its ascent into the lonely sky. To the warriors who had been brought here from across time and space, it seemed a world away from the inglorious deaths that had greeted them just moments before. Each of them had been met by a strange man, who had explained to them their purpose for being here. They had something yet to live for, something that burned bright enough to gain the attention of this enigmatic figure.

He called himself the Magistrate, and explained to them that he was the supervisor of the world they now found themselves in. Although the assembled heroes could not know this, he had appeared to each of them in different places at the same time. Evidently he was a being of extreme power. The Magistrate spelled out the heroes' reason for being here. They were to explore the Proving Grounds, and demonstrate their worthiness, willpower, and strength of purpose. With that task accomplished, they would be allowed to take part in a tournament that would change the outcome of their destinies forever. Should a lone champion vanquish his foes, he would be allowed a wish with no conceivable limit. This wish would serve the purpose of finally fulfilling the quest that the hero had fought to complete in life.

As the heroes stood, alone in the Gilded Fields, they finally understood their miraculous rebirth. Although undoubtedly filled with questions, before they had the chance to press further - the Magistrate said a polite farewell and his form shimmered and evaporated into the fresh dawn air. It was a new day, and a new chance for the warriors to conquer destiny, once and for all.

Spoiler: Samael 

Spoiler: Alessandro 

Spoiler: Karrha 

Spoiler: Dezeroth 
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 11-13-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Karrha was unsure if she liked that knowing but brief glimpse of a smile. It spoke volumes of something she didn't know, and she wasn't sure she cared at all for it. Somehow though the stranger reminded her of a close companion of hers. She looked to her hand for a moment as she thought back on the events she could remember. It had been a stupid idea following the mage back into the war but she couldn't deny that he made her want to try. He had a vision where so many others still didn't quite know what they wanted from all that conflict. And if there was anyone she trusted to see it through it would have been him, despite all his scheming and slyness and the short time they knew each other, after their first major battle together against that massive Seran beast. They had biased their partner ship on a simple but perhaps terrible truth.

It didn't seem to matter now because she remembered burning. She'd died she had known that much but this proving ground and that man, the magistrait, made it seem as if she had a burning wish or desire for something. Her wish had been to see Dezeroth accomplish his goal, to bring about some sort of change to their warring life style. And with out him she didn't think she could do it on her own. None the less she'd been given a second chance, to prove herself but what for? There were to many questions on her mind in an unfamiliar place.

She looked up, noting the sense of unease which at first she had assumed was coming from herself and this strange occurrence that had just happened to her but upon her eyes taking in the sight of the forest she took a step back. She let out a shaky breath for a moment, the sigh of the trees reminded her to much of the stories she'd heard about a kingdom of monsters that had always sported itself in the war, more for its own amusement then anything else. Degrans the kingdome of monsters. Not to mention the Seran beast which was more along the lines of a demon that she had Dez had faced together.She took a few more steps back finding herself ill at the sigh and quickly turned away.

There in the west was a house, less foreboding and repelling. Perhaps she could find some refuge and answers there. Give herself some time to think a little more on the situation she was in with out having that chill up her spin from the looming dark forest behind her. With that she touched her bow string as her bow rested across her back before turning her steps westward towards the little cottage. The landscape was beautiful and had it been filled with cliffs and ragged edges might have reminded her of home, just a bit.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Alessandro stood where he was left by the Magistrate: a glimmer of hope to mollify the mind splitting image of his father’s claymore sundering his body. His blue mongoloid eyes wept while they took in the sunlight and he let the winds flutter his cloak. The hero teetered on collapse and recourse. Purity needed a new hand to wield it. Standing before the dawn of the sun and in the golden fields Alessandro searched through Purity for an answer. A low hum drummed inside in his chest as his wet gaze turned towards the forests he saw beyond the river.

A few of his fallen tears fell into the soil of the fields, but he used the tips of his fingers to flick them away and exile them. The pain of failure burrowed, but justice was waiting for him. Metal boots crushed healthy grass under their small steps. He took guidance from the sword he could call his only ally in this chase for a future. His feet picked up, Alessandro was running and letting cape fly with golden hair behind him. Into the woods he traveled, leaving tear stains to dry in the grasslands – his face drying with salty paths down his unblemished cheeks.

This world was beautiful, and being taken in by the woods led to no exception to this enjoyment. The Aasimar scurried for so much burrowed in him – pushing and pushing him past the stone standings and the gentle streams.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Karrha

As Karrha approached the cottage, she caught a glimpse of a face at the window. For a moment she found herself looking into a pair of beady, green eyes - before they disappeared, ducking beneath the windowframe. The building itself seemed charming, with white walls and a tin roof.

Upon closer inspection, the garden seemed to be in less than perfect condition - as if it hadn't been tended in at least three days. A chicken coup rested a few feet from the house - but if it had once housed animals, they were long gone. It seemed that the netting had been forcibly torn open, and nothing remained inside but a few assorted feathers.

As the young woman reached the door, all was quiet for several moments before a female voice hissed suddenly at her from within. "I saw you coming, monster!" Her voice was aggressive, hostile, and laced with fear. "Don't waste your breath. I'm not opening this door for anyone, 'specially not something sauntering up from the Nightwood."

----

Alessandro

As Alessandro made his way through the forest, he found himself astonished again and again by the increasingly breathtaking beauty of the landscape. Following a winding path, he walked through fields of vivid wildflowers, and groves of trees with leaves resembling spun gold and silver. Some trees bore ripe, juicy fruit that looked delicious, and released a fragrance into the air that would be enough to make any mouth water.

The golden fields were well and truly behind Alessandro now, and he was moving deeper and deeper into the forest. For a moment he may have thought that his mind was playing tricks on him, but the glowing point of argent light hovering six feet off the ground was certainly no trick. Closer inspection revealed it to be a small, winged form, flitting around a cairn engraved with mystical runes and symbols. It glowed with a shimmering nimbus of silver, and hadn't seemed to notice the Aasimar.
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 11-13-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Everything was as the angelic domains were. He didn't find much peace in its prepossessing qualities, not while he was following Purity's directional cues. He took the path forward, fulfilling what he had to. It was painful. His heart twisted with pain and even in the middle of all this beauty, his father's rabid face wouldn't stop staring back at him. The blood and pain of death were so ample. He wanted it to stop.

The Aasimar saw the hoisted figure up above in the sky. Purity led him to this direction, but why?

"Hello!" He called out to the finger, still keeping his sword aback in his heart. If he could practice peace and diplomacy first, then he must try.
    Last edited by Minkasha; 11-13-2016 at 09:51 AM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

The magistrate's smile irked him. He could not but feel like he was being manipulated. It caused him to grimace, for he never wanted to be the pawn of another again, but for now, all he could do was play this game. So, play he would, and win. Looking at the village, he could not see much. This land was indeed beautiful and fertile...ripe for the taking. Yes, this would would be his, and none would stand in his way.

Stretching his wings, he soared into the air like a bird of prey and began flying toward the village, feeling the rush of the wind on his face. It was relaxing to once again dance in the sky as he did when he was younger, before he had his fiefdom. He allowed himself some pleasure, but he refocused himself. As e flew, he began banking and slowed down enough to take note of any and all infrastructure, including the state of the roads, any checkpoints, bridges, mills (both grist and saw), the upkeep of the farms and pastures, and so on.

As he approached the village he banked into a circling motion around the village, some one-hundred feet up. He made note of walls (if any) the road and buildings, whether there be any smithies, stables, inns, storehouses, guildhouses, shops, or any other buildings of note. His assessment done, he would land in the village square gracefully, like a dove alighting on a branch. A big, muscular, manly dove.

Spoiler: Things I like 

JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Dezeroth blinked once, then again, then rubbed his eyes. They were watering. "Confounded Gods. Every single one of them has to be luminous as the sun. There is no bloody reason to pour that much magical energy into a light distortion spell!" Not that the Mage could replicate such an effect anymore. As a matter of fact, the wording on such a spell might yet escape him to this day. But nevertheless. He had died and been transported...Here. Wherever 'here' was. He could only hope that Karrha, too, had managed to find her way here. If not...He supposed an infinitely powerful wish would grant him the abilities he needed to return to her.

But for the time being, he had more pressing issues. For one, his supplies had been used up in the battle. The one where I died...And somehow arrived here. A village was the most likely location to find such supplies. That made it a natural target for examination. I suppose I'd best get walking, then. Openly, the Mage sighed and began his trek toward the buildings.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Alessandro

As soon as Alessandro's silvery voice filled the air, the little creature darted suddenly to one side in alarm, as if anticipating an attack, and then vanished. Several moments passed, with no sign of the little creature, before Alessandro heard a light thrumming of wings beside his left ear, and a shy voice murmur "I'm sorry... I thought you were... But now I see... You... You will not hurt me?" The voice was feminine, almost girlish, and it spoke in a stunted manner that suggested it did not speak the common tongue to a perfectly fluid degree.

Tilting his head ever so slightly revealed the nature of the figure. It seemed to be a fairy, a few inches tall, and glowing with silver light. Alessandro got the distinct impression that this creature was very much in tune with his aura of good. Tales mentioned fairies as very elusive and cautious being. This one seemed to trust him. "Why have you... Here?"

----
    Dezeroth

Dezeroth's walk into the village was not particularly long, and as he got nearer, he could make out several figures moving around the settlement, going about their business in what appeared to be a mundane way. Just as his feet stepped onto the fine earth that made up the village square, he heard a scream and his attention was drawn suddenly to the sky. A winged black shape - enormous in stature - was beginning to circle the village. The villagers scattered, running toward their homes. Soon, the creature descended into the square, landing with surprising elegance in the centre of the village.

----
    Samael

Samael's survey of the land revealed that simple earthen paths criss-crossed the grasslands. From his new height he could make out another village, several miles from the one he was now approaching. Windmills and waterwheels stood isolated beside rivers and lakes. The roads seemed in perfect condition, although they were not paved. Several signposts stood at crossroads, but from the half-fiend's height he could not decipher them.

The village itself was not surrounded by a wall, and was simply a collection of roughly forty buildings. A central village square served as the focal point around which most of the structures had been built. Another several farmhouses and residences lay scattered in the central square's periphery. Two large rectangular buildings which Samael could assume to be granaries or storehouses lay not far from the village proper. The village appeared to have neither a stable, nor a guildhouse - but there was a rude smithy, and a single inn.

As he landed in the village square, he heard screams, and saw people scurrying toward their homes. Some had already made it inside, and barred their doors tightly shut.

At the entrance to the village stood a lone man. Although he did not know his identity, this man was Dezeroth A'kyer, who had arrived almost simultaneously with the half-fiend.

----

Reina

Reina stood amidst a collection of hills and cliffs. Looking down, she saw the broad grassland stretch out below. Looking up, and behind her, she realised that she was in the foothills of a mountain range. She seemed to be on a border between field and mountain. It would be easy to descend to the plains below, for she could make out a broad, comfortable trail that snaked down the hill.

If she were to go further up into the mountains, she would need to follow the path upward, as it got narrower and narrower. High above, she could see a rushing waterfall connecting with a tumbling stream that rushed down to her right. Trekking up into the mountains looked like it could be dangerous, but if Reina had a heart for adventure it would surely be possible.

----

Tala

The area that Tala stood was defined by the gentle lake that lapped at the shores some dozen metres from her position. As it had no connection to a river, she could only assume it was fed by underground springs. Not far away, a road cut its way through the grass, splitting into four routes - one travelling north, one east, one south, and one west. Examining the sign would reveal the following information:

North: Ales Elendra
    East: The Nightwood (this sign had the word "DANGER" scrawled on it in sloppy, slanting handwriting)
    South: Goldhill
    South: Orkovan Mountains
    West: Orkovan Mountains

Although she had no visual landmarks to go by, the signpost and junction were fortuitously placed.
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 11-14-2016 at 01:47 AM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Well, to be honest, I should have expected this." He says, sighing and facepalming. A winged demon thing circling a lone, probably unincorporated and primitive village would cause a stir. But, hopefully any damage could be undone by his wonderful oratory skills, of which he has had much practice, more than he would have liked. But 'the pen is mightier than the sword' as they say.

Clearing his voice by coughing, he bring himself up to his full proud stature, and brings his diplomatic weight to bear. "Villagers, hear me! I mean you no harm. I am a traveler from a distant land and I am tired. I have sought out your village for I am tired and hungry, but also because I see great potential in you all. I can give you a great purpose, more than mere subsistence. I can give your children a future they could only dream about, and even make you all wealthy. I can be the best friend you could ever hope for. So, for all who wish to take their destiny in their own hands, come out."

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Alessandro’s lips meekly formed a smile, seeing a kin so filled with light. She asked a question; Alessandro took pause search for the right words to answer it. The flutter of her wings tickled his hearing.

“I am trying to gain a wish. You know of the Magistrate? He promises to do good” The Aasimar answered with a nod of his head to her. “I am searching for his favor” Scanning the diminutive woman he tilted his head “You spoke with fear of harm – has someone given threat to you? Are you in danger?”

Page 1 of 126 12351 ... LastLast