Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Hands, War[m] Heart [Namingtoohard & Fanatasia]

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The prince's face fell visibly as his wife brought up one thing that he had not considered, concerning the events of earlier that day. That of his mother, who had now lost a child, along with her husband not so long prior. Indeed, just as he had predicted, Leith had not even paused to consider the repercussions on that one particular point. He bit on his lower lip gently as he pondered it, suddenly much more concerned. "...no. No I haven't" he answered simply, a wince flickering across his features. He resolved to go see her at some point before they left, just...not tonight. He didn't think he could face her so soon, and it was probably best to let her come to terms with her grief first.

Still, the talk of just how crowded things were going to be crowded in the carriage on the way back had him frowning - for one main point in particular. "Is Oron even going to fit in the carriage now?" He questioned simply, before quickly nodding his assent when she announced that it was about time that they moved on. He was more than willing to comply, given what awaited the two of them once he had managed to contact the guard and pass on their child. Fiora would likely not be pleased by this new sudden change in plans, but Leith expected that she would comply regardless. She always did.

"Let's not linger for too long, then. The sooner we distract her, the better" the prince announced with a soft chuckle, unable to help himself. Reluctantly pulling away from his wife, the prince would lead her back towards the adjacent changing room, pausing briefly to call out to Irina and let them know that they were leaving, so she could follow. As she scrambled across to join then. Once both he and his wife were dried off and clothed, he would head for the door. Fiora, naturally, was waiting patiently outside, as was her current duty is a guard. She glanced across at the prince as he opened the door, though the look on his face immediately worried her.

The guard frowned briefly as the prince offered up Aine's earlier suggestion - both because it meant she would have to deal with the child herself, and that she would need to arrange for someone else to look after the prince and his wife without disturbing them or infringing on their privacy overmuch. Reluctantly, though, she agreed rather simply. "As you say. What about him?" She questioned simply, flicking her head towards Oron briefly, who had not yet allowed her to remove Yelena from his back. "Is he going to insist in coming along? Or even let me take her down to begin with?" The guard questioned simply, eyeing the lizard briefly. She wasn't sure if she was expected to look after the dragons too, or the royals would be content having them around. It would mean she didn't have to worry about their safety, but either way.

When the matter was sorted, the prince would take his wife's hand again, content to leave things at that and lead her back to their room now that all was said and done. As always, there was a flagon of wine waiting on their table when they arrived - having been left by the servants who had cleaned the room during the day. As they settled in, Leith would immediately move to pour two glasses. He hesitated briefly given how his father had passed away not so long prior, but quickly pushed such thoughts aside. "Are you content with wine, or should we send for something a bit...stronger, and just use this to tide us over in the meantime?" He questioned simply as he walked over, pressing the glass into her hand to compensate for her poor vision.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Aine would move to snap her fingers, "Oron. Down." The dragon folded his legs beneath him, his snout flat against the floor as he waited for Yelena to be claimed. Once the child was claimed, he stood, shaking himself off as he followed his mistress slowly.

The queen paused briefly as her husband handed her the wine, sipping it slowly, before she murmured, "Stronger. You need something stronger, love." She'd find a table, setting her wine down to find his chest with her hands, whispering, "If I had my way, we'd be drinking Sinderian whiskey, andjumping off waterfalls again." She teased, nuzzling against the man.

"But, I don't think there is any of that around here. So that'll just have to wait for when we're home." She leaned to press a firm kiss to his mouth, murmuring, "I love you, Leith. And I know everything you've done has been to protect us--Yelena, Ledora and I." She slipped her fingers across his jawline, whispering, "And I know it must have been hard. But," she nipped at his chin, pausing for a moment, "you've done it--protected us, Sinder, and now, lover, we can create a world for our children to grow up in."

She'd drag her nails gently against his clothed chest, avoiding where he had been injured. "You, baby, are the epitome of strong. And you have to know that it's okay to break sometimes." Aine's voice was soft, and she only paused to listen to Oron grumble at Irina as both dragons curled up by the end of the bed, on the floor. "You're so much more than just my husband. You're a king I can be proud of."

The woman's fingers found their way against his face once more, and she whispered, "The people of Sinder are lucky to have you leading." She'd suck softly against his Adam's apple, before reaching back for her wine, murmuring, "You are everything I never dreamed of." She'd drink from her glass, humming to her husband as she swayed to-and-fro.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Having handed his wife her glass of wine, the prince more or less presented himself to his wife, standing before her calmly as she set her glass down and reached out to find him with her hands once more. A small smile flickered across his features, and he stayed out calmly, content to sip from his drink and simply allow her to brush up against him more or less as she wished. Leith enjoyed the simple contact, needless to say, and he was more than happy to let Aine do as she wished. It was more or less a win-win situation, or so he thought.

A wry smile flickered across his features at her mourning the lack of a waterfall, and the memories it brought up of their first encounter...and second, for that matter. "As long as it's actually diving off the waterfall next time. Not falling" he announced, wincing slightly at the thought. It had been a painful event, but the memory itself was pleasant and amusing, now that any remnant of the pain that the situation had once caused him was now well and truly forgotten. Of course, any more of a reply was lost in the firm kiss that followed, and the prince returned it wholeheartedly. The words of praise that followed garnered a rather different reaction, though.

Indeed, almost immediately, Leith could feel his cheeks starting to burn with the beginnings of a blush. The prince had never been good at taking such genuine compliments. Exchanging of pleasantries in a formal setting was something he could take in his stride, but such intimate and heartfelt talk had less president. He enjoyed such talk, but a lack of experience and the inability to hide behind anything else made him feel squeamish - in a good way, of course. The political lord, brought low by something as simple as a heartfelt admission. It was almost laughable.

"I...thank you, Aine" he started simply, voice soft, and somewhat genuine. His visage was cracking again, it seemed. "I'm not that strong. Just determined and persistent, motivated by something more powerful than a lust for personal gain" he stunted in addition, naturally trying to waylay some of the praise he felt so undeserved. It was hard maintaining his focus, though, given how intoxicating her touch. It was taking a lot of self-control to just forget the drink and throw himself at her on the spot. Leaning down, he would plant another quick kiss on her, before drawing away - just for a moment, he was certain to assure her.

Passing the two dragons, the prince walked over towards the door, pulling it open o find the to guards Fiora had sent waiting outside. The more senior of the two immediately glanced back to meet the prince's gaze, ready to receive him. "Have a cask of Pandyissian Rum brought up" he ordered simply, before immediately withdrawing and shutting he door again. He didn't bother to check that his orders were being followed, simply moving towards his wife again. Draining what was left of his glass in a single go, the prince would set the empty down on the same table Aine had made use of just a moment ago.

Having decided that it was his turn, the prince would shift around behind his wife, moving slowly and carefully. Doubtless she was aware of what he was doing, but he wasn't going to give in so Ching it, he would slide his hands around her from behind, hugging her back against his chest. Humming thoughtfully to himself, he would slip his hands under her clothes, to rest on her stomach. He would draw patterns across the surface of her skin with her fingertips idly as he continued, leaning in over her shoulder to nip at one of her ears briefly, before speaking up.

"Still, I suppose that I need to thank Sorei properly when I get the chance. For bringing me a wife more beautiful, intelligent and caring than I could have ever dreamed" he started simply, voice low and husky as he practically whispered the words directly into her ear. "One who would pick me up when I was low, encourage me to do what was right and necessary, bear my children...I don't think any of us imagined for things to turn out this well. That I would end up being so grateful for my arranged wife, or love her so unconditionally"

Leith was almost embarrassed just saying the words, feeling them a tad cheesy, but they were honest, if nothing else. Given his already established shortcomings in the area, it was no surprise, but hopefully it had the desired effect. As soon as he finished Leith would press his lips to her cheek and jaw, unable to stop himself from smiling as he went over the thoughts in his mind, or from tightening his arms around her midsection on reflex, if not so much intent.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Aine flushed as he returned the praise, and she ran her fingers against his arms, murmuring, "Damn you. Did I make you blush?" She tipped her head back as he pressed his lips to her cheek, to her jaw. "Did I make you blush, is this you returning the favor?" She shifted to sneak a kiss, only to have her plan foiled by the manner in which he tightened his arms around her.

The woman paused briefly as she heard the creak of the door being opened. She heard the soft clink of glass as it settled onto the table sharply, a guard had sat the rum down, and retreated without a glance to the royals. Aine's brows furrowed, and she moved to lean against the man once more, stating, "Was that the alcohol arriving?"

She would stay quiet as she snuggled into his embrace, fingers dragging against his arms as she thought about her husband; the woman was letting him do as he pleased for the moment. Then, she spoke softly, "I think you could thank Sorei by sending Fiora ahead of us. I can only assume how much she misses her." She tipped her head against his collarbone, murmuring, "It's cute--the way they act."

She loved seeing her sister with her girlfriend--or rather, hearing Sorei talk about Fiora afterwards. It was much too sweet; and Aine was all for giving the guards their slice of heaven. The woman grinned upwards, as she twisted to face her husband, whispering: "Leith? About the dragons--I think Oron can fly. I mean, he's big enough that he could take one person."

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

"Mmm...well, maybe a little" the prince responded softly to her words, a soft chuckle escaping him. He left it at that, quite content that one statement answered both of the insightful little questions that she had posed to him. Naturally, she had seen right through his plans and intentions, as she always seemed to do. A side effect of how much time they spent together, and of how well she knew him? Or was he actually that transparent? Honestly, Leith wasn't quite sure which answer or outcome that he preferred. Any further thought was cut off with the arrival of their alcohol, though, which immediately drew his attention.

"It was" the prince conceded simply, though he lingered for a moment longer, somewhat reluctant to relinquish his grip. The alcohol called to him, but so did the warmth and comfort of casual intimacy with the woman he loved. It was a tough decision, and while the prince knew he could always fetch the drinks and come back, that didn't stop him from wanting to drag it out for just a few minutes longer, instead pondering her suggestion about sending Fiora back early. "I...suppose it makes sense. Not having her around is always an extra worry, but I suppose we could make do for a few more days" he announced simply.

With that, the prince would finally withdraw once more, reluctantly withdrawing his arms and straightening up again. For what felt like the millionth time that night, he made the crossing to where one of the guards had left the cask and the clean glasses for the two of them to use. Given their Roy with such things, and their prior arrangements, Leith didn't bother asking, instead just filling up two glasses, though he paused briefly as talk turned to Oron and his abilities. "Already? He might be the size of the horse, but I hardly expected him to have the fortitude to carry a person like one. Yet, at least. Testing out his capabilities would be fun though, if not a tad risky" he conceded simply as he made the return journey, moving to hand Ane her glass.

"Pandyssian Rum. Hardly as strong as your beloved whiskey, but it burns on the way down and is enough to put a fire in your belly for those long winter nights...well, by Nevian standards, at least. The queen of all things fire might have a different opinion on the matter" he announced with a soft chuckle, repeating his actions from earlier as he made sure his wife knew where the glass was and had a firm grip on it before withdrawing his hand. With that Leith would help himself to a seat on the side of the bed, moving to quickly kick off his footwear, before he would raise his glass. "To family" he announced simply, before tipping his head back and helping himself to a generous sip. Whether he meant the family that had just left this world, or the new one that was growing at that very moment...well, only the prince himself knew that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

"Leith. She's so loyal to you, she'd drop everything in her life if you ordered her too." Aine moved to settle on the edge of the bed as her husband left her to get their alcohol. "Sorei's a bit worried about her--she thinks Fiora blames herself for being distracted when Yelena was taken, when I got hurt." She moved to drag her fingers across the blankets on their bed. "I think sending her home before us might do some good. It'd let her settle in without having to watch after us, let her deal with her feelings without worrying what you might think." She quipped, as her husband settled the glass into her hand, tipping her head as she settled both hands against the glass.

"I want to try." She chirped, tilting her head as she followed her husband's voice. "He might not be able to carry someone the entire time, but it would certainly be fun!" She offered a giggle, as she canted her head to the left. Her lips found the edge of her glass, and she took a deep swig of this new drink, closing her eyes. The familiar, albeit weak, burn brought a flush to her cheeks, which had paled--along with her skin--due to the lack of sunlight she had access too.

"Mmm... weak, but certainly good." She whispered, leaning to nuzzle into her husband. The woman settled against the man and spoke, as she swirled her beverage.

Meanwhile, Yelena. The baby had slept for the first bit of time, after being handed off--until she had become hungry. And then she had chosen to scream, to flail, becoming restless was certainly a trait of Sinder girls--from Aine herself, to Ledora, to Yelena. The baby refused to eat her usual bananas-and-strawberries, which meant the room ended up in a mess as she grabbed handful of mushed fruit and flung them--or gagged herself when a bite was put into her mouth.

She had never, ever given either of her parents this much trouble--but nobody other then her parents had fed her fruit. At this very moment, she was gagging herself with her fingers, coughing and sputtering as her stomach upheaved all over her front. Then, she slapped at Fiora's hands, shouting something in gibberish.

As this went on, other guards had become worried from the sounds--and one dispatched to knock quietly on the royals' door. The queen hissed under her breath as she pulled away from her husband, fingers reclaiming her glass as she glared toward the door. "Enter. And have a good reason for doing so." She called, sipping her rum.

The guard paled as he entered; the queen might be blind but she commanded the bigger dragon. He cleared his throat and spoke quickly, "I believe, ah, miss, that Fiora is having troubles with the princess."

"What gives that idea, sir?"

"Well... there's quite a bit of shouting? And maybe cursing? But the screaming is nonstop."

"I see."

"Shall I send for a nursemaid to take the princess?"

"No. I daresay Fiora can hold her own against a baby. You can go." She waved her hand dismissively and moved to find her husband once again, murmuring quietly, "Should we help Fiora, love?"
    Last edited by Fanatasia; 04-07-2017 at 02:43 AM.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Fiora, rather predictably, was having a fair amount of trouble with the baby - as the report that would eventually reach the nobles foretold. As was her want, a fair amount of swearing could be heard through the door. The guard didn't seem to care that the little one might overhear, for much the same reasons as Aine hadn't been bothered in the bathhouse before. It was unlikely the child would remember any of it regardless, through she at least had the self-decency to just mutter them under her breath. Most of her efforts were dedicated to making sure that Yelena didn't choke, since she could always clean the mess up afterwards.

"As long as you don't fall" the prince announced simply, a bit of a wry smile flickering across his features as they tied off the talk of riding dragons...or at least trying to. There was no real guarantee that they would succeed, after all. Better to play it safe, given the consequences of a mistake or failure. At his appraisal of the drink, though, the prince gave a bit of a defeated shrug. "Unfortunately it'll have to do. Our drinks are brewed more to keep you warm than to knock you off your feet" the prince answered simply, before they were interrupted by a knock at the door.

Staying silent for the time being, Leith glanced up, feeling Aine's objection an adequate appraisal of their situation. At their explanation, though, he winced slightly - unable to help but feel that their plans were about to be cut short. When the guard withdrew, the man would let you a soft groan, bringing a hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose briefly as his wife questioned whether they should go and help her or not.

"Weren't you the one who just said she was capable of dealing herself?" The prince muttered, unable to help himself, before giving a reluctant sigh. Lifting the glass to his lips, Leith would take a hearty sip, draining the cup before setting it down on the bedside table once more. After a brief hesitation, he would once agin rise to his feet. "I suppose we should give her a hand. It's hardly fair of us to sit around merrymaking and enjoying ourselves while she suffers because Yelena won't behave herself" the prince finished simply.

With a soft whistle he would summon Irina to his side. Upon hearing the notes she had been trained to respond to - even if they were made by mouth, and not by his pipes, as she was accustomed - the dragon would climb u other side of the bed, before lunging at Leith from almost halfway across the room. Digging her claws into his side, she would quickly climb up his body until she could once more drape herself down over his neck, as was her usual custom.

"Shall we go give her a hand?" He asked simply, reaching out to offer Aine one of his.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Aine was almost greatful for Fiora's prediciment. She wouldn't admit it, but she missed her baby--one would find that there was separation anxiety on both sides of this coin. She stood slowly, and found her husband's hand. "I mean, I was hoping that would keep her busy--as in, give her someone to handle... Not drive her mad, Leith. She's never, as far as I know, handled a baby before." She felt Oron stand and brush against her side, and she stated: "Yes, yes. Let's give her a hand. Hopefully we can get Yelena to settle for her and resume."

The queen's free hand found the harness, as she was accustomed too. She never liked being led by others, and that was where Oron's training had started--and why. The dragon was her eyes; and obviously her guard. Oron would lead the way slowly, pacing himself with Leith. The creature was silent, except for the tapping of his talons against the rough floors.

As they neared Fiora's chambers, Aine chuckled wryly as she found the door--seeing no reason to knock, she would simply push the door opened and enter, clicking her tongue to keep Oron from rushing the woman. Yelena was mid-scream when she saw her parents, and she hushed almost immediately. The infant crooned loudly, reaching out, little hands indicating she wanted one of her parents. The little girl was covered in food, and vomit, her face was red and blotchy, wet with tears.

Aine would move slowly through the room, as she'd never been inside before and did not know the layout. She was following Yelena's cooing. As she reached the baby, she leaned to claim her gently, inquiring, "Are you giving Fiora trouble, love?" She'd tsk at the horrid scent of bile, and shake her head slowly. "All right, all right. Bathtime for princess."

The woman turned, reaching out gently to find Fiora's hand, stating, "Ah, Fiora. Now is as good a time as any to tell you, you're leaving tomorrow morning--for Sinder. Hopefully you can catch Ledora and Sorei's convoy, but if not, I trust you'll be fine." She bounced a gurgling Yelena, and murmured to the child, "What have you been doing? You smell terrible." She felt Oron brush across the front of her legs once more, and moved to settle Yelena onto his back. The dragon would then scuttle to wait by the door once more.

"So sorry she was a handful. She's never... misbehaved, really, for us." She crinkled her nose, "That may be the problem. I don't think I've let anyone else really handle her for long periods of time..." She grumbled, her head turned in the direction of the babies giggles. "Got to work on that."

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The prince spent most of the short journey to Fiora's room in silence, practically brooding over the loss of their plans, and the night that they had finally gotten to themselves. He was sour about it, no doubt, not that the prince would ever admit it. After all, it was hardly fair to entrust their child to another and ignore the suffering all around that seemed to result from it. He nodded at the guards stationed in the outpost as they passed, but no more and no less, immediately making a beeline for Fiora's room and following his wife inside as she helped herself and pushed the door open.

The guard herself, rather predictably, was somewhat happy to see them. She was out of uniform for once, having decided to don some more comfortable yet plain wooden garments. Several suspicious stains had appeared on her clothes, though, and her hair was slightly disheveled. She let out a sigh of relief as the child stopped screaming, even before she had noticed that both of he royals had arrived to take the girl off her hands. When she spotted them, only one sentence slipped from her mouth.

"Thank fuck" she grumbled softly to herself, a look of relief flickering across her features briefly as Aine quickly claimed the child, who was now blissfully silent. Leith would let out a defeated sigh at that, pausing briefly to run a hand through his hair, though the action caused Irina to growl in irritation. "Guess we should've sent Oron to keep her calm at the very least" he added, almost as an afterthought. Such talk would do little good now, after all, and it seemed that his wife had flicked back over into full on nurturing mode. Her focus seemed to be entirely on the child now - and rightfully so.

Still, the sudden news that she would be leaving soon struck Fiora as unexpected...and a tad strange. Crossing her arms across her chest, she raised one of her eyebrows in a puzzled manner, eyeing them both. "What, just like that?" She questioned simply, almost unable to believe it. "How do you two plan to survive without me for a few days? Leith, you have no problems with this plan?" She questioned simply, glancing across at her charge, who shook his head in the way of a reply.

"I'm sure we can manage just for a short while, despite how much you normally do for us. That's why we wanted to repay you" he answered simply. That...well, that seemed to catch Fiora off guard a little, who hesitated briefly, as if trying to come up with what to say next. She opened her mouth, closed it again, then tried once more to speak up. "V-very well" the answer came simply, accompanied by a defeatist shrug, though that couldn't stop a smile from flickering across her features. She knew full well what such a plan entailed.

"Now, let's get you cleaned up and off to bed, shall we?" Leith added, turning to face Yelena had Aine again, leaning forward to prod at his little girl with an outstretched finger, who gurgled in some sort of reply.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The queen chuckled softly as she tugged at her husband's arm. "Is she smiling? She sounds upset, but did she smile?" Aine beamed as her husband answered the question softly, and she moved to throw the door open, ordering Oron to take the child to the nursery.

The beast started walking, Yelena giggling and clapping as she swayed between his wings. Aine's fingers claimed her husband's hand, and she whispered in his ear, "We'll get her laid in the nursery, with Oron for the night. Our fun isn't over, no, no." She'd nip the man's earlobe, grinning as she pulled his hand.

"Come on. We'll get her cleaned up." The woman twisted to flash Fiora a smile and a wave, "We'll see you off tomorrow!" With those words, Aine was pulling her husband behind her, however that changed. She decided to let Leith lead, obviously, and snuggled into his side with a soft sound, "Yelena'll be okay if we get her cleaned up with Oron in bed with her... Probably should have done that earlier." She huffed.

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4344454647 ... LastLast