Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7555657

Thread: Cold Hands, War[m] Heart [Namingtoohard & Fanatasia]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The woman would let out a soft grunt of annoyance as the staff in Sorei's hands collided with her shoulder, sending the girl stumbling forward a step. Was she really so off her game as to be getting caught out already? That said, her lover was certainly more skilled than the brand of footsoldiers that she normally found herself up against. She was quick to remind herself of that fact, before turning and confronting Sorei again.

Without a word, she would lunge forward, bringing the bo staff down with both hands, lashing out. She had the restraint to avoid targeting the girl's head, instead swinging at her collar. The attack was more or less a feint, though, and was followed by a low-cutting sweep at her feet made with the opposite end.

When they were finally clear of the thicker part of the city, the prince would turn back to his wife, scowling briefly as she questioned whether or not he had a fever. "Cold? The girl is practically burning me here. I doubt I need to remind you that I'm the one who is holding her" he would answer simply, almost unable to believe your ears.

"If anyone is running a fever, it's her. Here. See for yourself" the prince would answer simply, reaching for one of her hands. Naturally, he would quickly guide it up to grasp one of Yelena's little hands, thinking that she would see the truth of the matter as soon as she tried again. "the baby was just sitting in the middle of a fire. How could she be anything else?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorei grinned, however as her lover lunged toward her, lashing out, she moved to step to the side only to have her feet swept from underneath her, and the breath knocked from her lungs. She laughed, releasing her bo staff to reach out and pull Fiora down by a hand. "What was that, revenge?" She teased, pressing a kiss to the woman's knuckles.

"Ready to run?" She offered, as she pushed herself up, and slipped an arm around Fiora's midsection, fingers brushing across that barely-there bump.

Aine scoffed. However she let her husband guide her to grasp the child's hands. However, the man would see that upon touching her mother, ice began to spread once more. "Leith. She's freezing. I'm telling you--she's cold." Aine stated, firmly, as she brushed a hand against the infants palm. By the time she released the child, the light coating of ice was melting due to her own higher-temperature.

"I'm telling you, you've got to be ill to feel that as hot." However, as Aine spoke, Leith's shirt would start to smoke--the baby was indeed catching her father on fire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"I suppose you could say that. You didn't expect it to be that easy, did you?" The girl would answer simply, a soft chuckle escaping her as she watched Sorei climb back to her feet. Against anybody else then Fiora would likely have decided to press her advantage, but she was inclined to look upon her opponent somewhat favourably this time. Instead she would simply grin as her lover stepped close, offering to move on to the next stage. A gentle brush of the hand followed, before a reluctant parting as Fiora strolled back over to the weapon rack to return her staff.

"Aye, aye. Let's hurry up and get a move-on. Do try and keep up, won't you?" The girl would tease simply, leaning in for a quick peck, before finally pulling away. She would jog backwards a few steps, before pausing slightly, bounding from one heel to the other in anticipation. "Just remember, there's no excuse for losing now, while I'm pregnant" she would add hastily. Just like that, then, the girl was off. She would turn on her heels and break out into an accelerated jog, steadily picking up speed. The guard had no specific destination in mind as she ran - the desire to push herself and swear was enough, and that familiar burn at the end proved its own sort of sweet satisfaction.

Rather predictably, Leith was distracted from their petty little argument as his clothes began to smoulder - the heat becoming noticeably uncomfortable now. Swearing none too quietly, the prince would hold their baby out away from his body with both hands, gripping her under the armpits, just to stop his garb from outright bursting into flame. At this point, he would throw his wife a rather pointed look.

"I'm sorry, you were saying?" He questioned simply, a wry smile on his face. Of course, this was somewhat worrying in its own right, and his hands quickly began to overheat from the extended contact as much as his clothes. "I really hope this is just a temporary thing, or that she at least has some control over it. Not being able to hold our own child for an extended period of time doesn't sound very...pleasant" he answered, frowning briefly as he forgot his smug little success and turned his attention back to the matter at hand.

"In any case, are you alright? You must be the one burning hot to feel Yelena as cold...but then, it didn't feel that way when I grabbed your arm earlier" he mused, partially thinking out loud to himself at that point
    ~Currently looking for new RPs~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorei grinned, watching the woman as she watched her. The woman tipped her head and snorted--she allowed her girl to get a headstart, before she started at a jog. She caught up easily, though, flashing a grin.

"You're not losing me that fast, Fia."

Aine scowled as she reached out for their child. She'd claim the little girl, and whisper in the child's ear, "You cannot burn your papa, little one." Despite the fact ice was travelling across her bare arms, she held the girl close and murmured, "Do you understand?"

Of course, the little girl did not. Aine was unaware that children from the town had found their way to her, and were watching her with such hopeful expressions. "As quickly as a fire starts, and spreads, it can be put out." Aine's voice was gentle, as she moved to settle the toddler on the ground, the ice evaporating from her skin.

She claimed the child's hands, she brought them together, and stated: "You must never let your fire be put out; and you must never let it spread too far." As she brought the child's hands apart, a small fireball had begun to form, and Yelena giggled softly, watching with wide, wide eyes.

The child's gaze never left the fireball, and neither did the towns-children's. "Look!" One called, "I thought she didn't have fire." An older said.

Aine shifted gently, leaning to stretch her back. "Clap your hands, darling." As the princess clapped her little hands, laughing shrilly, the flames were put out and her skin would feel cold to both of her parents.

By this point, the towns-children were trying to get closer to the queen, and as one of the younger ones touched her shoulder, bumped into her, she shifted to brush her fingers against the child's hands. "Hi. I'm Aine."

The child appeared baffled; and she whispered her name, "Ellae."

"Well, hi, Ellae. What are you up too?" She inquired, listening to Yelena as the child giggled over the fact she could make fireballs in between her hands. However, midway through, one of her fireballs would freeze solid.

"Just... Just watchin' you, miss. I don't have fire. Nobody here does."

Aine's head tilted, and she inquired, "You've not got a teacher? Do your parents not...?"

"No, miss. Nobody."

The queen pursed her lips, and claimed the child's hands, musing, "It's an anomaly to live without flame, child. Let's see if we can find it."

She would instruct the child, much as she had Yelena, and she smiled as she felt a wave of heat cross her face. "Everyone has fire."

"But you don't."

Aine fell into a brief silence, before she stated, "Well, see, my hair is this bright, bright... red, right? All of my flame went into my hair."

"Is that why we're all dark-haired?"

"Exactly. Too much flame would be directed to your hair, otherwise."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

With a quick glance back over her shoulder, Fiora would grin smugly as Sorei quickly put on a burst of speed. Sprinting about like this was entirely different to her routine cardio training, and brought back memories of being chased about during her childhood. The exhilaration was enough to push her just that little bit further.

"Of course not. It'd be no fun if you wussed out this early" she answered with a soft laugh, unable to help herself. Still, as they reached the edges of the training ground, a bit of a cheeky grin flickered across her features. Time to make this a little more interesting

Suddenly, as they passed one of the open doorways, Fiora would take a sudden turn - darting back into the main building. She would sprint along the narrow hallway, not slowing in the slightest, even as two servants stepped into view. The two let out a cry of alarm, throwing themselves aside just in time for Fiora to barrel past, a giggle on her lips. She couldn't help but wonder if she could convince Sorei to run through the council room with her.

Leith would hand their child off to his wife gladly, quite content to let her take the lead in this matter, where she had infinitely more experience. He would cross both of his arms across his chest, watching on idly as she tried to instruct their little girl; a smile upon his lips. Of course, the situation changed somewhat drastically when the other children arrived, butting into their otherwise private conversation.

He hesitated briefly as the child ignorantly stumbled onto what he knew was a sensitive topic, but his wife masked it well, slipping an excuse in easily, almost without missing a beat. He would step close then, moving to place a hand on her shoulder gently - just enough to draw her attention.

"Mm. It seems somewhat worrying, to think so many kids are growing up ignorant of their gift. Maybe we need to arrange to send an instructor out here or something" he offered simply. It seems a weak suggestion, but t was better than nothing. Sinder on a whole would likely suffer if there were less users in each generation, and who knew how many villiages this was happening in?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorei grumbled as Fiora took a turn, and she jogged after the woman; though she was more respectful of the servants going about their duties. "Fiora!" She shouted, as she tried to catch up to her, once they'd hit a path without too many people. "What are you doing?"

Aine shifted as her husband spoke, shaking her head slowly. "We don't have teachers. In the capitol, there were never teachers because I never had fire." She moved to stand, "But I can teach them before we have to leave..." She mused, listening to Yelena.

The child was going between fire and ice, idly. The other children were watching her in awe; though many of them also watched the little girl Aine had been helping, as flames burst to life between her fingers. "Look! Ididit! I did it!" Aine giggled softly, and leaned against her husband, "See? I can teach. It's all about emotions."

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7555657