Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Hands, War[m] Heart [Namingtoohard & Fanatasia]

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The prince would pout a little as his wife offered him the rest of the bottle, urging him to finish it off in a single go. Still, he would reach out and take it at her urging, though not without an objection. "Drinking alone is never as fun, though" he announced simply. Despite his words, though, Leith would do as he asked; downing the rest of the brew in a single go.

At her urging, Leith would also roll onto his back, allowing her to straddle him with a content and slightly smug grin. As he lay back, he allowed the empty bottle to slip from his fingers, rolling out of his hand and disappearing into the sheets of the bed...from his vantage point, at least.

"Well it's not as fun as I have to just tell you outright. " he answered simply, though his smugness remained. His hands slowly found their way to her thighs where they rested on either side of him, running his hands up and down their length slowly.

"Playing games is much more fuuuun" he would coo, laying his head back onto the mattress gently, though he kept both of his eyes fixed on her. Withdrawing one hand slowly, he would gesture in a small flourish, before pausing and frowning as nothing happened. After a quick shake of his hand, a small ice chess piece would blossom into existence - a queen, specifically. He would hold it up to the light for a moment, before setting it down beside him, paying it no further attention even as it fell.

"Not sure if I prefer the real or the fake games anymore. The real ones are more exciting, but so much more stressful. With actual things at stake" he mumbled softly, trailing off a little, before giving a bit of a dismissive shrug...or at least as much of one as he could manage from his position splayed out flat on his back.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Aine grinned down at him, leaning down to trail kisses against his jaw. She paused, as he gestured something--squinting at the chess piece, before she listened to his statement. She reached to rest a hand on either side of his head, fingers rubbing his temples. She'd whisper, "Baby, are you telling me the thrill of the play, the thrill of the ploy, isn't what you want?" She leaned to nibble against his jaw, whispering, "We can talk, if you need."

The woman shifted to grind gently in place, against the man. She'd gaze down at him, fingers still rubbing his temples, before her fingers would trace against his cheekbones and jaw. Those gentle appendages found their way to his chest, and she braced herself gently; fingers splayed across his chest. With a soft coo, she leaned down to kiss him, nuzzling into him.

"I love the man who took great pride in his games." She whispered, as she nuzzled against his throat. "I loved the man who could out-strategize even the greatest foe." Aine's fingers curled into her husband's hair, and she whispered, "I love you, Leith. And if the real games are too stressful, you need to find a way to make them fun again."

"I won't have you giving up doing what you love," she murmured, pulling him upwards gently for another kiss. "You can't simply give up on something because you get scared--the kids and I, we'll take care of ourselves, always." She'd nip his earlobe, whispering, "Even if we can't take care of ourselves, I have complete faith in you, my love."

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

"You misunderstand" the prince announced simply, though there was no hint of annoyance or anger in his voice. Indeed, not even so much as a questioning tone. Rather, just a simple statement, plain and direct. "The thrill is as strong as ever. I enjoy it as much as I ever have. There's just so much more at risk now. Things that I'm not willing to let go should I lose. Even if you say that nothing bad will come of it"

Despite the serious nature of their conversation, though, the prince couldn't help but relax under her seemingly expert touch. After so long it almost seemed like she knew just where he wanted her hands without him so much as breathing a word. Still, the prince found another problem within their current circumstances, even if he could get past his moral obligations.

"Besides, who am I to play against now? Matters in Neve are resolved, and we already hold power in Sinder. Who else am I to try and challenge?" He questioned simply, tilting his head a little. As he spoke, the prince reached out with a hand, as if trying to caress her cheek gently. Unless she leaned down slightly, though, brushing his fingertips against it was the most he would manage. "Unless you would have me antagonise one of the other nations. Or turn on my past brother"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

"Oh?" She murmured, chuckling softly as he continued to speak to her. She shifted her hips, hands splaying against his chest by this point. "Aren't you a sweetheart?" She whispered, nuzzling into him.

She grinned softly as he caressed her chick, whispering to him, "You're a doll." Her fingers dragged against his chest gently as she shifted her hips again, settling into place against him once again.

"Baby, baby, baby." She chided. "Baby. I want to expand Sinder." She leaned over him, gazing down at him silently for a second, lips hovering over his forehead. Then, she whispered, "And I need you there--okay? I need you there. I've never met someone with such strategies as you, love." The woman nuzzled into him again, whispering, "I want to expand Sinder--become a great empire. And we'll need your brother, and Neve's help, someday."

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

A soft groan quickly slipped from Leith's lips as is wife shifted atop him again, unable to help himself, especially in his current state. Still, he paused briefly at the words that followed, pondering Aine's words...or at least attempting to. He had not expected her own plans for her country to include potentially aggressive expansion, but she had surprised him before. Before he pondered it too much, the thought slipped away, and the prince gave a bit of a casual shrug again. Instead he simply settled for reaching up to embrace her, sliding one of his hands up to tangle in her hair even as she leaned down over him.

"Mm, that could work...but enough talk of such serious matters. For tonight, at the very least. I can think of at least one fun thing I'd rather be doing right now instead" he answered simply, a bit of a cheeky grin flickering across his features. Of course, it wasn't hard to figure out what exactly the prince was thinking - given both their respective positions, what his wife had suggested before, and a quick glance downwards that he made despite himself. Apparently subtleness was not one of the prince's strong suits when he had been drinking, though that should hardly come as a surprise to Aine.

"I mean, you yourself did say before that you wanted to play before, right?" She chimed simply, hands clumsily seeking out the join of her robe, so that he could try and slip them underneath. Of course, he knew that she had requested he not come to bed if he had drank too much on previous evenings, but she had encouraged him this time...and his mind didn't seem to want to recall the possibilities that didn't suit him at that exact moment.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Aine grinned softly, her fingers trailing against his chest. She did promise to relax him. She shifted against him once again, chuckling. "All right, my love..." She'd move to pull his robe aside, grinning as she helped him undo her own robe. "Yes, yes, yes, we'll play." She crooned.

As the night went on, Aine would take good care of her husband--taking the time to make him feel good; to make him ecstatic. She, of course, was enjoying herself as well--but tonight was all about him, and how he felt. Because tomorrow, it was back to the real world. Tomorrow, he had to handle preperations for their trip.

She rolled beside of him as a knock sounded on the door the next morning, grumbling lightly as she stood, hugging her discarded robe to her front. "Yes?"

"Breakfast. Yelena helped make it."

Aine chuckled softly as she claimed her daughter, bouncing the girl. She'd wave the nursemaid in, moving to sit on the edge of the bed, cooing, "Did Yela help make papa breakfast?" She'd chuckle again, as the baby made little chirping noises, reaching out towards her father. "Shhh. Let's let papa sleep just a bit more, hm?"

The redhead would settle the infant into a highchair, as she took a seat herself. She had no intentions of eating without her husband, but she was going to let him sleep a bit longer. As they waited for Leith, she fed the toddler egg, grinning lightly.

"Nomnomnom, nom," she murmured, cooing at the child.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

As had become characteristic for Leith, the prince awoke slowly, and some time after his wife had already gotten up and started tending to their child. It started slowly at first; a groan and vain attempt at getting up, followed by the slow and oddly painful recollection of who and where he was. The prince had not quite consumed enough alcohol to cause him to black out, so he still remembered most of the previous nights' events, but it was still enough to leave him with a dry mouth and a sizeable headache.

He quickly sobered as he remembered the cause for his drinking, though. Suddenly a headache seemed like a small price to pay for a night of restful sleep, as opposed to what the alternative likely would have been. With that, he would finally push himself upright.

"Mornin" the prince mumbled drearily as he pushed himself out of bed, temporarily overlooking both his wife and daughter as he moved to pour himself a glass of water instead. Once he had done so, the prince would move to join the rest of his family.

"My my. She actually managed to get some in her mouth this time" Leith observed idly between sips, pausing only briefly to reach out and tousle Yelena's hair for a moment before straightening up again. Today was to be a busy one, if not a tad dull, but the prince was determined to get it over with as quickly as possible. "I'll go grab Fiora after breakfast and we'll see my brother about arranging our trip home. The sooner we get out of this damn city the better" he added quietly, unable to help himself

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

"Leith, you leave that girl be. She's packing to leave this morning and I won't have you offsetting her leave-time." Aine chided, as she continued to feed the toddler, who was staring up at her father with wide, blue eyes. As her mother had been distracted, she hadn't noticed the baby claiming the egg from the spoon in one chubby little hand. It was not until the girl was holding that piece of egg out to her father, that Aine even glanced down at the child.

"Guess she's telling you to eat, papa." Aine teased, as she moved to stand, to circle around and slip her arms around the man. She'd lean to whisper in his ear, "Don't be so tense, hm? It'll be over soon enough." The woman nuzzled into the man gently, hugging him tightly.

"We'll be home, soon enough." She stated, nipping the man's ear as she straightened, hands resting on his shoulders. She'd rub his shoulders gently, "Am I going to have to feed you, like I feed our daughter?" She inquired, gazing down at her husband in brief silence.

Yelena soon began to protest, little fists hitting the table repeatedly, until her mother moved to settle into her seat once more, and started to spoon egg into her demanding little mouth. "Yeesh. Cannot wait until you can feed yourself." Aine muttered, biting into a piece of toast while she waited for the child to finish with that spoonful of food.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The prince scowled briefly as his wife pointed out that Fiora was probably packing to leave, given that they were allowing her to return ahead of them. Truth be told, the man had completely forgotten that they had offered her such a choice on the previous evening, tied up with other activities as they were. Unfortunately, his wife had a point - there would be no more relying on her until everybody was reunited back in Sinder. He would have to meet and arrange things himself, and with less competent and less familiar guardsmen at his back. Still, there was no time for dwelling o snuck things as daughter and wife both immediately demanded his attention, in their own ways.

"Alright, alright. Food first, and then I'll go see my brother alone" he announced simply, letting out a soft sigh of defeat. Of course, despite his words, the prince didn't exactly feel like snatching his daughter's egg away from her, even if she seemed to offer it to him willingly. Of course, such a theory proved valid immediately, as Yelena started the throes of a tantrum until her mother began to feed her once more. Content to simply join them, despite his wife's offer, the prince quickly moved to retrieve his own breakfast from the spread that the servants had set out for them at morning. One of the eat joys of noble life, he reflected, as he gathered up a plate and moved a chair close enough so that Yelena would hopefully be satisfied.

"If that's the sort of temper she has around food, perhaps it's for the best that you didn't get to nurse her yourself" he joked as he began digging into his own meal. Perhaps it was a bit soon, considering how offended his wife had been the first time she found out she had been unable to nurse Yelena herself, but there was only one way to find out. In the meantime, he would glance across at his little girl with a calm smile, pulling a funny face and making itself go cross-eyed when their gazes met, before returning to his own meal. After a few more mouthfuls, he would pause briefly for another sip of water, and to pose another quick question.

"So, what do the two of you plan to do with your day?" He questioned simply. Of course, if she could help him make arrangements they would be able to leave all the more quickly, but he didn't want to be quite so presumptuous.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Aine chuckled softly, shaking her head at the child. "Perhaps that is a good thing. I can't imagine what I'd do with a child grabbing at my breasts all the time..." She ate in silence as her husband played with the toddler, and eventually her gaze fixated on his face, and she murmured, "I planned to help you with the arrangements--go with you to see your brother, leave Yelena with the nursemaid." She shrugged slightly, offering a wide smile to her husband.

"You aren't doing anything alone today, you silly man. After all," she leaned to find her drink, struggling for a moment as it had been moved from Yelena's reach, and thus from where she knew it had been. "You married me. And that means we're in everything together." She flashed him another wry grin, as she moved to ruffle Yelena's hair.

"Are you done? Hm?" The child was drinking eagerly from her bottle, yawning loudly enough that her mother grinned softly. "All right. Eloise," she waved the nurse over, "Put her back to bed and don't leave the room, understand?" As the woman disappeared with the toddler, Aine moved to stand, finished with her own meal.

She moved around behind her husband again, rubbing his shoulders. "Eat up, lover. I'm going to lessen this tension before we go to make preperations." She murmured, tugging one of the stools behind him, so she could sit behind him and rub his shoulders and back.

Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4546474849 ... LastLast