Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There's A Lie Upon [M]y Lips [Ashen & Fanatasia]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Cosette laughed softly as he joked about her clumsiness, especially for a dancer, and she shifted as he found the soap for her, wiping at her eyes quietly. She sniffled softly as he told her she was bleeding, furrowing her brow as he began to run the soap across her newly created wounds.

Her cheeks were flaming, she'd realized where he had to be settled to properly clean her wounds, and she reached out for him--only to hear water splash as he fell. She giggled quietly, shaking her head. "Now you're clumsy!" She joked, as she felt her way along the side of the creek. She'd settle on the moist earth, tipping her head.

"Prunes? Wrinkles, you mean?" She inquired, as her fingers ran across each other. "Can you help me out?" She inquired, feeling around the flat surface. As she leaned forward, she found footing that caused her bottom to stick out in what could be a provocative manner if she realized she was doing it. However, as she didn't, she didn't think anything of it.

With a soft grun, Cosette would start to pull herself up onto the shoreline, before settling on moss as she dangled her legs across the edge. "Luuk? Where's..." She was searching for the clothing he'd brought for her. "...am I close to it?" She inquired, feeling around in all the wrong places, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Cosette laughed softly as he joked about her clumsiness, especially for a dancer, and she shifted as he found the soap for her, wiping at her eyes quietly. She sniffled softly as he told her she was bleeding, furrowing her brow as he began to run the soap across her newly created wounds.

Her cheeks were flaming, she'd realized where he had to be settled to properly clean her wounds, and she reached out for him--only to hear water splash as he fell. She giggled quietly, shaking her head. "Now you're clumsy!" She joked, as she felt her way along the side of the creek. She'd settle on the moist earth, tipping her head.

"Prunes? Wrinkles, you mean?" She inquired, as her fingers ran across each other. "Can you help me out?" She inquired, feeling around the flat surface. As she leaned forward, she found footing that caused her bottom to stick out in what could be a provocative manner if she realized she was doing it. However, as she didn't, she didn't think anything of it.

With a soft grun, Cosette would start to pull herself up onto the shoreline, before settling on moss as she dangled her legs across the edge. "Luuk? Where's..." She was searching for the clothing he'd brought for her. "...am I close to it?" She inquired, feeling around in all the wrong places, however.

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

He was embarrassed when she called him out on his fall, but he soon recovered and laughed with her. Luuk had a reason for his clumsiness, but then, he supposed, so did Cosette. He quieted then, watched as she steadied herself and considered his statement. "Eh?" he murmured, then shrugged. "Ah, yeah, wrinkles. Prunes, they're plums that have dried up. I guess you don't have them in these parts, do you? Guess I never will shake my roots." He felt his fingers, at the deep wrinkles now lining them. "I bet yours are, too."

She asked him for help, so Luuk looked up at her again, just in time to watch her lean forward and give him a much better view than he'd had before. He hesitated, not wanting to get close enough for her to, by chance, brush against his legs or anything in between. He swore she was playing him now; she was positioned too perfectly, too seductively. Luuk looked away. He moved to help her up, but she seemed to do just fine on her own. The grunt that escaped her brought more red to his cheeks, and aggravated, he cursed himself for thinking such vulgar things. "There you are," he said when she was out of the water. "You don't need me at all."

Cosette seemed to look around, or might have if she were able. She asked of the location of something, and soon Luuk realized he had never told her where he'd put their clothes. "One sec," he said, hopping out of the water to retrieve the bag he'd brought. He removed his clothes, carelessly tossed them onto the grass, and handed her the dress he'd brought. It was a simple thing, reaching about the knees with short sleeves. Most of the dress was blue, though a brown midsection wrapped around like a corset. Luuk also held a string, ready to adjust the size of the waist as needed. "I hope you like it," he said, looking between her and the dress. "It's blue. I guess that doesn't mean anything to you, but I think it's your colour."

For a few moments he just stood there, staring between her and the dress. Would she have trouble getting into it? "Would you like my help?" he finally asked. "Ah, why don't I just..." He placed the dress and string beside her, then went to his own clothes. He pulled on his trousers and returned to her. Now, concealed, he could rest slightly easier, even if he'd had no reason to worry before. "Here. I've never helped someone get in a dress before, but I'm sure I can figure it out. Does it feel alright? I have more at home if this is not fitting to your tastes, pidge." There it was: he'd called it his home, and didn't even realize that he might have been giving himself away in that.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Cosette tipped her head to one side as he told her the color of the dress. Her eyes widened in excitement as she exclaimed, "Can you tell me about 'blue'?" She loved, and always had loved, hearing how colors were seen through the eyes of different seeing-able people. By the time he had dressed, she was standing, hugging the dress to her torso as she waited for him.

"Why do I have a color?" She inquired, furrowing her brow as he moved to help her dress. She nodded brightly, grinning up at him. "This one feels fine, yes." Cosette was still focusing on how the dress had a color that he thought was her color--how could she own a color? She didn't catch his slip-up; or perhaps she just didn't care.

The woman bounced from toe-to-toe, fingers trailing along the length of the dress as he tied her midsection securely. Fiddling with the string, she swayed in place, tipping her head back to feel the suns rays upon her face. "What's your color, Luuk? Do you have one?"

She was simply too enamored with the words he'd used to describe the dress to focus on anything else. "Tell me how you see things." She demanded, latching onto his forearm, leaning against him. "Everyone sees things differently, that's what I've learned. How do you see things, though?"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Uh." Luuk didn't know how to answer her at all. It was the classic situation: try describing colours to someone who could not see. He hesitated, trying to find the right words. "It's... an expression. It just means blue looks really good on you, you know? It, like, complements, right? The colour completes your look. I guess because its darkness contrasts your pale skin, and the, um, blue of it just complements the dirty reddish colour of your hair. Yeah? Blue looks like... Like the sky, or, well, I guess that doesn't mean anything to you either."

He was distracted in her question, trying to find the proper words to describe a thing that could only be described with the eyes. "Well," Luuk started again, more slowly, choosing his words. "Blue is the colour of... water. Of relaxation, and royalty, and endlessness. It's the colour of limitlessness. Of taking chances and being okay. Is that... Is that good?"

He turned away from her, not wanting to catch her reaction to his attempt at a description. It was an awful description to him, and he wanted no one to remember it. While distracted, he pulled on his shirt and shoes. "I think everyone has a colour," he went on, gathering their belongings from around the riverbend. I think mine is like... red. Red like blood and passion and hatred and... love." He almost laughed at his last word. "Never mind that. You're asking a lot of me, you know? It's very hard to explain colours without saying their names or anything. Now, come on. Are you ready to go? I need to get back to my friend's house and get myself a decent meal."
    Last edited by Ashen; 03-15-2017 at 12:54 AM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Cosette's head tipped to one side as he described 'blue' to her. She seemed to be aweful; her blank gaze wide as she fiddled with the dress. "Red? That word sounds angry." She stated, fingers resting on her upper arms as she moved to take a few steps forward. Her head tipped.

"Red sounds angry, and aggressive. But also like its special." She reached out slowly, seeking Luuk as she walked. "Can't you make colors have texture? I understand texture." She murmured, her other hand reachingout to seek him as well. Her steps were slow, and calculated--she did not want to fall and mess up the dress that had been given to her.

Then, he was asking to go. And that is when she realized how hungry she truly was. AFter all, they had foregone food for bathing, and the promise of a meal was simply too good to be true--so she did not get her hopes up. She didn't want to have them dashed; her day ruined, or worse be cast onto the street by the man.

"I am." She stated, softly, hands moving through the air as she walked; until she came into contact with a tree branch, latching onto it to hold herself up as she came in contact with a patch of slick moss.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The boy wasn't good at explaining texture, either. "Red... could be angry, yes," he agreed. "I don't think I'm angry. Not usually. Let's see... Red has a... firm texture. It's a strong colour. It feels hard, but also somewhat... comforting. Blue feels smooth, and silky, and--oh, do you need help?" For the first time Luuk noticed Cosette reaching for him. He took her hands and led her away from the river. "Sorry," he mumbled. "I, ah, right. Let us get back."

They walked back to Luuk's house with the boy trying and failing to pair textures to colours. He didn't think himself a poet, but his comparisons were odd and filled with imagery even she would understand. When he arrived at his house he finally gave up trying to describe what she could not see. He walked into the house and disappeared upstairs to put their bathing materials away. When he returned, he paused. "Food," he said. "What would you like to eat? I'm not sure what we have available here, let me check."

Luuk had found enough food stored to feed both of them. He typically didn't keep food in his houses, opting instead for something fresh from the markets or something he caught--or pilfered--himself. He found some bacon that was not too old, and enough barley to make a decent loaf of bread. As their meal was cooking, Luuk came back to Cosette with a comb. "You will let me tidy your hair?" he asked. "It might hurt a bit. Ah, let me get my hunting knife. I'll need to cut some bits, but the roots, they're looking better than before the bath. You do like bacon, right? And bread? Everyone likes bread. I should have ale around as well, which I will grab when the bacon is nearly cooked. Ah, your hair, I will cut this knot..." Luuk was jumping from subject to subject, nervous. He wasn't used to company, especially not female company. He was nervous to be cutting her hair, not wanting to mare her appearance but also not wanting to leave her hair as was. Luuk tried to clear his head. "Are you alright? I, uh, here I go..." He began cutting the knots out of her hair, combing the rest, and trying hard not to hurt her. "I'm no hairdresser, but..." When he finished he looked her over. "Feel any better?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Cosette giggled the entire way back to the house, as she listened to the boy--she would claim he had a silvertongue--explain colors and matching textures; or try too. She thought he was doing a good job, really. With a bright smile, as he offered her food, she bounced slightly in place, waiting.

A proper meal, that was something she had not seen in ages. As the scents of bread, and bacon filled the house, Cosette settled onto a chair she had found, and this was when the man offered to tidy her hair. She felt pampered. It was strange.

He was strange. But so was she.

"Please tidy my hair." She chirped, hands folding into her lap as she waited patiently for him to begin. The fact that it may hurt did not bother her one bit; as he rambled, Cosette deemed it unimportant to answer his questions--especially when it was from subject-to-subject. The poor man seemed startled to have company.

This led her to understand he must not go around people often.

"I feel better." She beamed, as she reached up one hand to feel her hair--the rough knots gone, and while she had lost a good portion of hair, he'd turned it more or less into a chin-length bob, less length in the back. However, Cosette's first voiced thought was: "This can't get tangled when I go back on the streets." She sounded impressed. Shorter hair did prove to tangle less, especially hair as short as this. That didn't mean it'd look tidy, but it certainly wouldn't be an honest bother.

"Thank you!" She stated, clapping her hands. It never occurred to her that perhaps her new hair style did not suit her--she simply thought it was logically, and reasonably, the best style for a homeless girl on the streets.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Luuk looked over Cosette, looked at his handiwork. The girl had a new charm to her. While Luuk liked longer hair for women, he had to admit that this short style did suit her. He put a hand to his chin and scrutinize her. "You look better," he said, and he meant it. This healthier option gave her a new glow. "I'm glad you feel better. You look happy. Your smile suits you, yeah?"

So caught up in looking at her, Luuk had forgotten about his food. He glared over at the next room, where an open fire sat burning in a pit. The skillet on top of it was steaming. The oven Luuk had expelled greyish smoke. He dashed to his makeshift kitchen and pulled the bread out of the oven, removed the bacon from the skillet. He placed the bacon on the bread, making a sort of sandwich, and gathered some ale. Luuk then took these meals to a table. "Eet smakelijk!" he chirped. "That's something we'd say back home. It means enjoy your meal."

He took a moment to realize she wouldn't know where the food was. Luuk hesitated, then took Cosette by the hand. He led her to a small table with barely enough room for the two plates on it. "There we are," he said with a sigh. "It might be a little crispy. I am sorry. You have ale before you, on your right, if you fancy it." He took up his own ale, took a long swig. "Do you have many meals like this? I imagine they are better than burnt bacon and bread."

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Cosette was seated with his help, and he apologized for the food as she explored the tabletop, finding her bearings. Then, as she claimed the sandwich, she bit into it and sighed softly, leaning forward. After she had swallowed, she managed to speak: "N... No. I don't have... meals, often... This is... great. Thank you."

She smiled briefly, before biting into her sandwich once more--she was clearly enjoying herself; her meal as well. Soon she had decided to taste the ale, gasping softly as she drank--it had been ages since such liquid had touched her lips. And by her own choice, at that!

She gave a soft squeal of delight, pausing as she heard the front door creak under the pressure of an applied weight. This caused her to tip her head, and shift to set her ale down, asking quietly, "Luuk? Is your, ah, friend coming home soon?" He had said the house belonged to a friend of his.

The sound disappeared, and Cosette calmed--however, about the end of their dinnertime, the door was thrust open by three men, garbed in black, their faces hidden by masks. "Get the girl, and you, the target." The man in the center ordered, his voice gruff and muffled by the mask.

Cosette's eyes widened as she reached out frantically to find Luuk, and having moved to sit directly beside of him during supper during their conversation, this was easy. She'd attempt to latch onto him, and stand--she knew what he was going to suggest. Running. Especially if these were the people who had ordered her to delay him from leaving this town.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Luuk was glad to be enjoying a meal with his company. It was a rare occurrence, and even if he had managed to burn both the bread and the bacon, he thought it all tasted delicious. He wasn't a picky eater, and it looked like Cosette wasn't, either. She ate up her sandwich happily, and sipped at her ale as if it was the first drink she'd had in days. Briefly, the boy wondered if perhaps that was the case, but soon dismissed the idea. Regardless of what Cosette was used to, today she would enjoy her meal.

Luuk looked up suddenly at the sound at his door. He only glanced at Cosette when she suggested his friend would be returning. He shook his head softly, but still watched the door. Who would be knocking on his door? The townspeople wouldn't have caught up with him, there was no way. "Sometimes people come to spread news of new shops, or to teach their gospels and faith. Don't worry none." He turned back to his food, figuring he could do the same. If someone who was out to get him was at his door, confirming his own presence was the worst thing he could do.

Their supper returned to normal, until Luuk heard his door burst open. He looked up suddenly and saw three strangers in his house, people come to kidnap him. He was used to this, and so he didn't even think twice about getting up from the table and preparing to dash. The running, after all, was his favorite part of leading these goons on. But then he remembered Cosette, and suddenly the situation got a lot more complicated.

"It's time to go." Luuk took Cosette by the hand and pulled her up. He led her upstairs, knowing the men would follow. He raced up the stairs, then to the larger of two rooms. It was filled with a bedroom and intricate-looking decorations, and an impressive collection of dust. There was a window in it, and Luuk walked right up to it. "They're blocking the door," he explained. "We're going to have to take the window. Don't worry, there's a ladder here. I'm used to stuff like this." He peered out the window, located his ladder. He started to climb down it, but then realized Cosette might have a hard time. Luuk hesitated, not sure what to do. "I'll go down first," he said. "Will you be alright? If you fall, I'll catch you, alright? We need to get away, and now. Just trust me." He hopped out the window again, and practically slid down the ladder. When he was on the ground, he held out his arms, not daring to make a sound. Luuk was quick, he just hoped he would be quick enough to catch her if she fell after all.

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast