Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Skyrim: Rise of the Stormcloaks

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Default Elisif Meets Jo'Kar

Jo'Kar had woken before the others as they started to gather their belongings. Packing up after camp and extinguished the fire pits and packed the food. He watched as Lady Elisif was preparing for their long journey. He sighs as he pushed himself off of a nearby tree he was leaning on. Walking over to the Jarl of Solitude, he kept his shield and sword with his horse to show he was truly unarmed, but still dangerous.

"Lady Elisif." He announced as he kneels down in front of the Lady. Knee on the ground, fist formed and placed on his chest, and his head lowered. A simple bow.

Elisif woke rather early, knowing that things would need to be packed again and stored for the rest of the trip. She changed into one of her her Jarl's outfits, then combing her flaxen locks and adorning her crown with her signature gold and ruby circlet. Pleased with her appearance in the mirror, she left her tent to let her servants begin packing her things again.

Quickly, she was addressed by a Khajit, though it was not the one that had broken the vase of wine. He looked oddly familiar.

"Yes," She paused, looking at the Khajit man curiously as he knelt before her, "I don't believe you left Solitude alongside me and my companions. Have you business with one of my new vassals?" She asked, trying desperately to place his distinct fur markings in her mind, "Wait a moment... you have been in my service before. I apologize that I cannot quite recall your name... Things have been rather stressful as of late, sir Khajit. Please refresh my memory."

The Khajiit was caught surprised by her words. She knew him. But could not recall his name. He thought for only a moment to decide whether to tell her his name. Or deny his existence to her. But, he had feared about the Dragonborn hatred for the Imperial Legion. If he had said, he was an Imperial soldier. An Elite soldier of the Legion. He had feared he would be cut down by the voice. A voice, which he never want to repeat ever again.

"Lady Elisif. What do you mean?" He asked with a humble voice and a smile. "I am a mere mercenary looking for work...I may have offered my services to you before....during the war of course, and I would like to offer my services once again...free of charge." He bowed his head once more. "Only payment I would like to accept...is the company on the road." He chuckled, "it is quite dangerous to be on for this land has many strange creatures."

The Khajiit raised to his feet, his smile still on his face. "This one is called, 'Jo'Kar.' and I am experienced with sword and shield. My arms is ready to serve....heh, should you have me, of course?" His ears perked with curiosity. His mind pondered if she should remember about his name, and remember his service. Jo'Kar had an answer ready. "Many of my Khajiit brothers share the same name of course, and Jo'Kar is quite popular back home." Home filled his head, he remembered the dream he had. The dream of warm sands and warm sun. Not like this, cold and harsh.

Elisif watched inquisitively as he explained himself and further introduced himself. She quirked a brow when he said he would offer his serviced for free. Surely he had some other motive...

"Jo'Kar... I find your suggestion of working for free troubling... but I must admit, I'm not really in a position to turn down free recruits..." She sighed, brows furrowed as she recalled the many men and women who had recently fallen under her service. Thinking hard, she looked him over. He seemed honest enough-- though the stereotype of dishonesty was commonly thrust upon the Khajit and it was a difficult feeling to shake. He did, though, look familiar, and he claimed that he did serve during the war.

"It looks as though you have introduced yourself to some of my other men and women. I suppose if they sense nothing strange about you, I'll accept you into this band. It's nonsense to not expect any payment. I shall at least provide you with food and shelter. But, I digress," She paused, "If anyone senses anything suspicious about you, I will cast you out swiftly."

"Now, if you would, please assist in the departure of my caravans," Elisif ordered in a dignified manner with a nod, "Thank you for your assistance. I must excuse myself for breakfast. I've become quite hungry."

With that, she took some fruit and bread from a table near the fire that had been put out and began to eat, her gaze drifting over to Starkad's tent, as she wondered how he was getting along. Surely, Amber knew how to heal him and he would be recovered for the most part. But, she still worried. Glancing around, she wondered if Amber or any of the sisters were awake yet.

The Art Vandal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Aura finished the sweet roll while the Orc questioned her sudden entering. Licking her fingers, she thought for a few moments, looking at the odd looking Mer. She had big teeth on the bottom that stuck out and seemed to get in the way of her smiling. She wondered if such a Mer could whistle.

"Hmmmm... Just bored. Heard Raven talk to you about thing behind your back," She snickered, "Not hide anything from me. Can smell and hear everything. Almost. Live in dark for hundred years, you learn." Aura nodded, then folding her legs under her while she continued to get more comfortable on the floor. This Orc was interesting, in the least.

"Can smell and hear feelings, motives, lies. All in nose." Aura poked her own nose and winked, "But, you not worry. I not tell. Mer sister smells like nice person on inside."

"Why so scared and angry? You smell most like that." Aura flared her nostrils slightly, then licking her fingers again for the last tiny remnants of sugar from the sweet roll.

The mention of the coin caused Che to clam up once again, and her grip ruthlessly tightened around the bag in her hand. She obviously had not been quick enough to properly conceal the gold, which prompted her to curse inwardly. Although, on second thought, no matter, she mused. The instant it had transferred from Raven's hand, it was hers, as far as she was concerned. She would never let anyone else's dirty hands touch it.

Though, in the spur of the moment, the orc could not figure out how to best react to Aura's mention of it, nor of Raven. So, instinctively, she played as if she was clueless, which... was partially true, she supposed. The response she gave regarding Raven was nothing but a shrug and quick shake of the head. As for the rest, Che's response was much more genuine. Just what was this stranger going on about? Smelling lies? Smelling feelings? Living in the dark? All of it sounded like pure rubbish. In fairness, this woman obviously was no eloquent speaker, so perhaps she was simply struggling with the delivery of metaphors. Either way, Che was beginning to conclude that this one was a bit of a nut. So she continued listening with this degree of skepticism, until something was said that changed the tone of the conversation, from Che's point of view.

She is one that believes that Orsimer are true mer?

It was an opinion that was up for some debate, Che had found, depending on who you spoke to. Even she herself had grown skeptical over the idea the last handful of years, yet it had always been quite an interesting topic.

"I'm not scared," she then blurt out somewhat defensively at the intrusive last question. What was the correct way to respond to a stranger inquiring over such personal things? While the mer did seem friendly enough, Che would not shake the fact that she barely knew her, or anyone here. "I just am tired of being forced to do things I don't want to do."

All right, that was that. It was time to veer the subject away from herself and, more importantly, anything pertaining to the money. Che lowered herself to sit crisscrossed on the ground, all the while keeping the money carefully concealed. "Anyway, what is your name? I haven't seen you... anywhere." Once again, she found herself wondering about the woman's ghostly pale features, and the previous mention of Elisif. She could not recall this one's presence in the courtyard, but she could be mistaken on that, of course. Referring back the earlier cryptic conversation, she was beginning to recognise the hints that the raven had left, telling her that he had indeed been there; and she had not seen him, either.

Aura sat there another moment, taking in her surroundings, though her expression was aloof. Almost so that it didn't look like she was listening at all. After a long moment and another deep breath, she finally replied, "Aura. Been here for a while. Was in courtyard eating tart when trial happen. Elisif pretended to be tough." She smirked with a chuckle, "So funny." she laughed again and then stood up, remembering that Che's neck had been cut slightly. She leaned closer to her, most probably invading Che's personal space, and saw the cut.

"I fix small cut," Aura held her hand out and it started to glow lowly while the cut disappeared, "Not bad cut. Not know much healing, but can fix one small cut." She smiled, almost childlike in appearance.

"Maybe 'scared' wrong word..." Aura recalled her being corrected in her assumptions, "More like, 'not sure'." She nodded and stepped back, "Don't worry. Elisif too soft to hurt you bad. You probably could leave-- she not chase you right now, I not think. But, you should stay. Have fun." She nodded with a smile again.

Aura then paused again and folded her arms looking to the side, pursing her lips, "She going to not have healthy baby if so stressed," Aura shook her head in pity, "Oh well..." she shrugged gently and pushed the musing away, "It getting late. Goodnight Mer sister," She patted her shoulder and headed for the tent opening, "If need anything, ask. I figure it out." She turned for a moment before leaving and gave a toothy grin, "Secret safe with Aura, always... maybe..."

The sound of laughter caused a feeling of ease to wash over Che for the first time in several weeks.

"Oh. Okay. Well, hello. My name is..." the orc started to respond; yet, as the mer visitor began to veer a bit too close, she waffled. "It's…uuhhhh… Che…!" Not exactly sure what Aura was at, Che backed herself into the tent canvas behind her, and was nearly swaying left when a pale hand extended out, stopping her from doing so. As a dull glow began to illuminate near her neck, the orc found herself initially alarmed, yet mesmerised... so decided to allow Aura to continue. Was this the gift of restoration? While Che was well aware that such an ability existed, she had neither seen it, nor experienced it firsthand. In Orsinium, relying on magic was considered a sign of a weak body; so let the feminine Bosmer, Altmer, and Dunmer hide behind such things, the Orsimer scoffed. An Orsimer could take the pain. An Orsimer could take the bleeding. An Orsimer could take anything thrown at them, willingly, to the death.

Once the glow had died down, Che felt a warm tingle on her neck, and brought her hand to where the cut had been. While the laceration was indeed gone, that was not what truly hurt; rather, it was the need for her to be abased for a display of strength. It was her wounded pride. What a laughably thin veil of strength the jarl hides behind. Let her come to me, eye to eye next time, and we shall see who ends up in the dust. However, as Aura prattled on about Elisif not intending to ever hurt her, she realised this was very likely true, in actuality. Raven had said so, as dubious as that conversation was... and now Aura was saying the exact same thing. Even Elisif herself had attested as much, Che suddenly remembered.

Most likely I won't hurt you. I can't speak for some of my associates, though.

As Aura expressed her wish for her to stay and, as she called it - "have fun" - Che scowled. "This is a nord's idea of fun?" It was a rhetorical question that, unsurprisingly, received no response. Instead, Aura once again jumped to another topic, seemingly a person of quite a short attention span. Yet, even so, mention of the jarl being with child did not go unnoticed. Nevertheless, despite the surprise of it, that was a thought for another time.

"Er, thank you. I will. Good night... uh... Aura?"

Che raised a brow as the strange mer woman made her exit, a bit nervous as to what she meant by that parting comment. But she could not even think on that for too long. She had received such a deluge of information in a single day, that her mind could only process so much of it at once. So, she simply turned around and fell backwards into her bedroll, overwhelmed, all but forgetting about her initial intentions to go find Jo'sha.

Have fun, the mer had said. Fine, Che thought to herself, pulling the covers over her face. She would do just that.
    Last edited by Leanna; 08-02-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Medieval Fantasy, Apocalyptic, War, Zombies
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Wraith awoke to a presence in his tent. Carefully listening, he ascertained that the person had stepped just inside, and was approaching with nary a whisper to betray their tread, though the sound of leather brushing against cloth allowed him to track the movement. Waiting until they were close, he turned over rapidly, drawing a dagger even as he slammed his arm into the back of the person's leg, contorting his body as the person fell so that he was on top of them the moment their back hit the ground. At that moment, he became aware of both the sensation of breasts against his chest, indicating he was on top of a woman, and the fact that she was holding a dagger to his femoral artery even as his rested against her carotid.

"I see we're at a bit of an impasse." He commented, raising an eyebrow.

Talon smirked. "Not really, considering I'm threatening more than your life."

With a grin, Wraith stood and offered a hand to help Talon to her feet, then turned to put on his shirt while she stood in the doorway to keep an eye out for others while they talked.

"I found something yesterday. Two bodies, drained of blood." Talon said, watching Wraith go still. "No defensive wounds. Bodies mutilated."

"Anyone else see them?" Wraith asked, pulling on his cloak.

Talon shook her head. "No. I hid the bodies, but we should keep an eye out. Do you want to inform the others?"

It was Wraith's turn to shake his head. "Not yet. We don't know that it's him."

"And if it is?" Talon asked, already knowing the answer.

"Then he'll die by my blade." Wraith said, finishing packing away his items. "Pack up the tent, then seek out Elisif and stay by her side."

Fantasy, Historical, Parody, Original
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Elisif stood outside Starkad's tent for a bit, biting her lip nervously, wondering if she could just go in and check on how he was doing. She looked around for Amber, but didn't see her, so she wondered if perhaps she had gone ahead and packed up or was perhaps finding something to eat. Surely, if something bad had happened during the night, Amber would have told someone and they would have told her.

"Hmmmm...." she whined quietly to herself, tapping her foot, unsure of what to do. "If he doesn't make it, it's my fault." she thought, feeling guilty all over again, remembering how he looked in the rain yesterday, bleeding and broken after his display of massive strength and will. She recalled how he appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, to come to her rescue, scooping her up in his arm and taking her to safety. His arm had felt so powerful in the brief moment it was around her. This man was hardly just any man.

That was it, she had to know if he was alright. She set her plate of food down and went over to the tent, parting the flap of the entrance rather hastily.

Within, the tent was as cozy as it was cramped, smelling faintly of peaty healing salves, sage, and if the Nord's present state was any indication, Starkad's natural scent. He was seated upright, at last, prodding at the freshly closed wounds with bruised fingers. Starkad's mashed lips quirked in bemusement as he heard the tent flap pull back.

"I would lecture you for knocking, but since I seem to be lacking a door, I can forgive it this once," Starkad laughed tightly, wincing in the effort and immediately regretting it. His eye regarded Elisif evenly as he leaned back on one mighty trunk of an arm, rummaging through a rucksack to his side with the other.

"Step in or out. Either way, close the flap. It would be a shame to burn out your templar's eyes," Starkad fished an unsullied pair of trousers and smallclothes from the bag beside him. If Elisif was not already aware, she would likely realize in that moment that only a fur blanket covered Starkad's otherwise nude figure.

"O--oh. I'm sorry," Elisif stared at the bare chested man as he picked at his wounds and gathered some of his own clothes. Her face continually flushed, but she tried to hide it, turning and making sure the flap of the tent was closed. Turning back hesitantly, she returned her gaze to him. He looked to be much better, if not still a little bruised up. She recalled how he had told her to not be embarrassed about nudity, so, she gathered her composure and sat down next to him on the cot, face still ruddy and warm across her cheeks and nose. Folding her hands into her lap, she looked quite dignified, save for the blush on her normally pale face.

"H-how are you feeling? You look much better." Elisif averted her gaze from the nude man for a moment, but then decided to merely focus on his face. His unmentionables were covered by a blanket, anyway.

Slowly, a smile formed on her lips, "I suppose we are even since when I changed clothes you made no effort to look away. I could feel your gaze all down my back. Such a typical Nord," She chuckled quietly and held a delicate hand to her mouth as she did so.

"I am very happy you are alright, Starkad." She said, her voice soft and comforting like a warm blanket, "But, I haven't been able to come up with a way to repay you for going beyond the call of duty for me," she gently took his hand in hers and held it a moment, looking down at the rough and dirty digits that contrasted with her clean and well manicured ones.

"I would like to have you and Mara accompany me in my carriage for the trip. It would be much more comfortable. And... I would enjoy your company." She looked up again, her face redder than it had been before, "I mean-- if-- um... Amber doesn't mind..." She added, trying to subtly ask if there had been anything between the two.

"Well, I feel like I fought a dragon," Starkad said plainly, chuckling modestly as he laid his clothes out beside him. "I can't imagine I look much better, but thank you." Starkad looked Elisif's way with a smile that was surprisingly genuine. There was no sardonic gleam in his eye, even as he saw the rosy hue of her cheeks and ears. Fair, indeed. Breaking eye contact with the Jarl, Starkad snatched up the clean linen smallclothes. Throwing back the furs, he set himself to wrapping and tying the garment about his loins.

Elisif returned a soft smile to the man, appreciating a moment of something that seemed to be sincere. He certainly was rough around the edges, but his actions often made it clear he was indeed more sensitive than he realized. This thought caused Elisif to laugh very softly. No doubt he would refute that sentiment. Elisif quickly snapped out of her thoughts when he threw off the blanket and began dressing. She looked away, unable to stare so brazenly as he had at her. It was simply uncharacteristic for her to do so. She did return her eyes to him after she was sure he had certain parts covered. The man was a colossus. A scarred and beaten warrior with stories of valor hidden behind every mark. An expression of admiration and perhaps awe came over her as she regarded his form.

"You will never hear me refute such accusations, Jarl," Starkad said, tying off the breechcloth as he gingerly pulled his trousers up his legs, careful not to snag his sutures. "A man in my position would be foolish to turn from the sight of supple spine or silken flesh. Such glances have proven to be few and far between, at least until I came to Solitude..." He smirked this time, a mischievous curl finally showing at the corner of his lips. Being the typical Nord, he could conjure a handful of ways he could be repaid, but the Jarl seemed to find an answer to her own question amid her expressions of gratitude. Above and beyond his call of duty? Starkad did not think so. For as long as he cared to remember, killing dragons had been his duty, to the point of smiting their god. Looking down at her hands grasping his, Starkad flexed the thick digits, giving Elisif's delicate fingers a squeeze.

Elisif responded to his remark with an eyeroll and a smirk that she desperately tried to hide, but was unable to with Starkad squeezing her hand in return.

"That would be appreciated. Though be warned, Mara may talk your ear off," Starkad shrugged on a tunic, not even bothering with the laces, same with a vest with a fur mantle. "Why would Amber dictate where I am to ride? We bathed in a public bath-house once, we are not engaged," quirking an eyebrow, Starkad grunted as he stood, rolling his head with a satisfying chorus of audible pops. Surely, there was nothing there, or had Starkad really been apart from the wiles of women-folk for that long? Feeling suddenly disquieted by the contemplation of his age, only exacerbated by the aches, pops, and pinches amid his frame.

"I do owe Amber my thanks, though. I was lucid enough to know she was the one who tended my wounds..."

Raising her eyebrows slightly, Elisif replied gently, "I see," she nodded, making sense of what had been said earlier. For some reason, his making so light of the encounter with Amber made some of her worry wash away. She wished that she didn't care at all about any of it, but she did find herself doing just that.

"You certainly do owe her some thanks. I do as well. I would be smart to keep such a capable healer around. Especially with my pregnancy. With all of the stress I've been under, I have been worried about my child's health. I hope that this child is as stubborn as I am," She smiled and stood up, "I find it strange, though, that I already seem to have developed a distinct bump! Perhaps it is quite a large child." Elisif laughed, "Here," she took his hand and placed it on her stomach, not really thinking about it in her enthusiasm.

"Can you feel the bump? I haven't felt any movements yet, but it's just amazing... it's growing so quickly." Elisif looked down at his hand on her stomach absentmindedly, off in another universe thinking about her unborn. She returned to Nirn after a few seconds and realized what she was doing was incredibly inappropriate. She stepped back, flustered. All she wanted was someone to share this with so her desire to share overwhelmed her and had overridden her decorum. She seemed to lack it altogether when around this man.

Starkad, who had sense enough to remain quiet when Elisif went on, quirked his brow as she pushed his calloused hand to her stomach. Indeed, there was a fullness there beyond mere suppleness, and he found a nostalgic pang of primal melancholy. It fanned in his mind the embers of memory, bringing to light a the better days of a time gone by. It made something in his core flutter and lurch, giving his cheeks their turn at being red. Clearing his throat, he pulled his hand back,

"Gods, I'm sorry," Elisif apologized, embarrassment rising from the pit of her stomach and filling her entire being, "I don't know what came over me..." she shook her head and sought to change the subject, "We should go now. Call for Mara and follow me." she said briefly, exiting the tent back out into the camp, scolding herself as she walked very quickly towards the carriage that had been prepared for her.

The guards standing outside the carriage opened the door for her, but Elisif stopped before she stepped inside.

"I'm having Starkad and his daughter travel with me. Please get some extra refreshments for the cabinet inside the carriage." she said, then stepping inside and sitting down on the bench, which was upholstered in purple velvet. The walls had been intricately painted as well, giving the carriage a regal feeling from top to bottom.

A few servants returned to the carriage with extra refreshments that included fruit, bread, and cheese, stepping inside briefly and setting a platter on top of the small cabinet inside, which was between the two benches. Another servant handed a jug of wine and also a jug of water to the first, and they were placed underneath the cabinet behind two small doors. Everything fit snugly, so it was unlikely to spill.

"Thank you." Elisif nodded and dismissed her servants, now waiting for Starkad and Mara. A feeling of hope and dread coexisted inside of her now. Why did she have to act so ridiculously?

Helping Mara in, Starkad allowed himself a low smirk as the girl's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. Until this moment, she had only ridden in Starkad's rickety cart to and from Dragon Bridge on market days. Yet, this carriage was easily of a finer quality than the cottage in which Mara had spent most of her life. It felt more spacious, somehow, yet not from any sort of magic or sorcery. Climbing in behind the two, Starkad hunched his massive shoulders through the tight space of the carriage frame, his broad back taking up the better part of half the cab, his great sword resting across his knees.

Any embarrassment left on Elisif's face swiftly faded upon seeing the awestruck little girl. Laughing lightly, she sat next to Mara on the bench opposite Starkad-- as he seemed to take up the whole side by himself, anyway.

"Today, in this carriage, Mara," Elisif began with a smile, then working her circlet off of her head and out of her hair. After struggling to untangle it rather humorously for a moment, she set the circlet on Mara's head, "You are a princess."

Sitting back to admire the little girl now adorned by a ruby circlet, Elisif chuckled again, "It suits you." She nodded and then began running her fingers through her own hair to smooth it out from where the circlet had been. She closed her eyes and turned her head to the side, looking rather elegant as she combed the silken gold of her head.

"That's better," Elisif stopped combing and sat back against the wall of the carriage, now noticing that Starkad had brought his weapon, a great sword, into the carriage.

"Starkad, you could have my guards store that for you somewhere," She laughed lightly, thinking it looked rather silly, "I suppose men like you are always ready for a fight," she shrugged, "Lucky for me," she laughed again, "Actually, you might be able to put it between the bench and the wall, there."

"The ride to Windhelm will probably take until early evening. Candlehearth Hall is going to have most of the rooms set aside for the nobles. So, once we arrive, you should make sure you can get your own room before they are gone," She suggested, folding her hand into her lap, her expression slowly turning sad, "I will most likely stay in my own room as much as possible. I expect to be jeered and threatened the moment I arrive," She sighed with furrowed brows, "The Moot will be first thing in the morning. I hope it doesn't take long. But, Starkad," Her expression grew serious, "I will need you to watch my back. Raven will keep an eye on the broader spectrum of things, but he is only one man. Stay at my side until the Moot actually begins. I would say to stay nearby the whole time, but since you once worked for Ulfric and now do not, it wouldn't be good for him to see you with me. No doubt he would remember you. I would say you are hard to forget."

She then turned to Mara, "I want you to stay close to your father. If you aren't with him, find Amber and Adra. But, mostly, I think it would be safest for you to stay in your room, unfortunately," she placed a hand on her shoulder, "I hate to say it, but we all know how hateful most Stormcloaks are to anyone but Nords..." she trailed off, knowing that Starkad would know more than anyone of this fact.

"But, for now, enjoy the ride in the carriage. Have some breakfast!" Elisif gestured to the platter that moved slightly with the bumpiness of the ride, but did not topple off the cabinet.

"Given our sour fortunes as of late, I'll keep my sword where it needs to be, if it is all the same to you," Starkad said with a mirthless smile. Like a familiar article of clothing, Starkad's stern and impassive mask fell back over his face. Mara, on the other hand, was wide-eyed as could be, sampling the comfort of every bench, cushion, and blanket. Starkad watched her with a faint smile, but his eye twinkled as she finally made herself comfortable in a nest of velvet cushions.

"Neither of us will be among friends there, that much is assured. Assume everyone you meet wants you dead. Chances are they do."

Elisif sighed with a nod, "Very well," but she smiled at the little girl curled up next to her, obviously enjoying the ride, "Just try not to impale yourself if we hit a pothole," she added, with a twinkle in her eyes and a smirk.

"I will be as alert as I can to any danger. I can't say I'm excited to try and sleep tonight," her smirk faded again, "Perhaps I'll try to sleep here, instead. It will be a long ride. I suggest the same for you. Gods know, you still need to rest."

She watched the steady rise and fall of Mara's chest, now. She smiled again and then chuckled when the little girl stretched in her sleep, pushing Elisif's thigh and taking up most of the bench.

"It seems she has laid claim to this bench," she stifled a laugh and scooted as far as she could, but ended up against the side of the carriage. She shook her head and moved to sit next to Starkad, being careful so that the blade across his lap simply lay across hers as well. She looked up at him kindly, about to say something else, but the words didn't make it past her lips. She turned her head and simply rest it on his arm, closing her eyes and listening to the steady sounds of carriage wheels on cobblestone.

It was a few hours before they reached Windhelm and early evening was upon the Stormcloak infested city. A gentle knock on the door from a guard woke Elisif up. Had she really slept the whole time? She was still against Starkad's arm and her own arm had hooked around his in her sleep, it seemed.

"Oh..." Elisif let go and sat up straight, "Thank you... I guess I was still tired. I didn't even realize it," a blush came over her cheeks again and she broke away and opened the cabin door, exiting with the help of a guard's hand to steady her from the step down.

"My Jarl, there is a room reserved for you in Candlehearth hall," the guard said.

"Yes, thank you. I would like to head there immediately," she nodded, then looking back at Starkad for a moment, "Make sure Starkad and his daughter have lodging as well."

The guard nodded, "Yes, my Jarl. We will see to it right now."

With that, the guards began unloading Elisif's things and the room was very quickly ready for her. Before she departed for it, though, she came up to Starkad's side and took his arm for a moment, standing on her tip toes to whisper quietly in his ear, "Should you find yourself unable to sleep, I would welcome your company."

As quickly as she had came up to him, she left, going inside the Candlehearth and to her quarters. Now cringing at herself. Did she just-- say that? "Oh gods..." she muttered, feeling ill for numerous reasons. She sat down on her bed and put her face in her hands, "I'm pathetic..." she said to herself.

"I'm not cut out for being alone..." she thought, having this thought run through her mind on repeat, now laying back on her bed and staring at the ceiling vacantly. She was fairly sure she would never see that man again. Only someone as lonely as her would even respond to her suggestion. Especially since she was with child.

"If they call me a whore, they might not be wrong..." her thoughts continued along those lines, all the while her gaze didn't move from the ceiling of her room in the Candlehearth hall.
    https://i.imgur.com/cFZlNYP.png
    Awesome Signature set by Hayabusa

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

The Khajiit stood up as Elisif had given him permission and accepted his service. Jo'Kar felt rather excited to be working with the Jarl once more, but even he had to kept this hidden as possible. He still not trusted the Dragonborn for what he did to his men during the war. He had lost so much already, but taking it back piece by piece brought little joy to the Khajiit. He returned to his small camp and sat on the same log he used before making introductions to the Jarl. He takes his pipe and started to clean it out from his previous smoking.

The ride to their destination was long, Jo'Kar mostly smoked his pipe and made conversation with the other Khajiit, speaking in his native language brought back many memories for the worn soldier. His battles, his wars, his share of blood spill. He had missed his homeland greatly, but when had failed his duty and chosen exile. Jo'Kar wondered if he should have picked to stay behind bars and live a crucial life instead of wondering in this harsh cold land.

The group arrived to their destination, Windhelm. Jo'Kar stopped his horse, observing the city covered in snow and filled with Nords who hated those who were different. He hummed to himself before giving his horse a slight kick to continue moving on. Following the guards and others. The battle again'st the Stormcloaks was quite difficult, he did not forget and never forgave.

At the gate, the Khajiit stood with the other. "I am not sure if we are still welcome in this city." He looked at the Orc and the Khajiit. "But, we should remain close to the Jarl." He led his horse to the stable nearby to relax and eat. Grabbing his weapons off of the horse and a few belongins. He placed the bag of coins in his bedroll, keeping rather quiet about the coin he found and slung the roll over his shoulder as he followed the others to the Inn. Candlehearth, he heard about the place. He wasn't impressed, instead of following the Jarl and the guards to the Inn, he took a different path and searched for a different Inn to stay. He made an oath to protect the Jarl, but he wanted to protect her from a distance where assassins and killers would hide.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Default Co-post Part 1

"Are you trying to engage me in court intrigue, Sir Liam?" Lucine asked, feigning shock. "Not very knightly I must say, but it is fun" she added, smirking. She nodded in agreement of his assessment of Starkad. "I would add that Starkad, that's his name, is a seasoned warrior, it doesn't take Clockwork Mage to figure that out, you can also tell he has lost something, or someone, very important to him, and I think the Stormcloaks, his former allies, have something to do with it based on how quickly, and savagely he hewed his way through them outside the Blue Palace during the Skirmish" she said. "Not that you'd have seen it from inside the Palace, thanks for helping us outside with the fighting by the way" she added, the last bit was slightly sarcastic, and her voice showed it, but she was still smirking.

"I guess I should mention my sisters, starting with Adra. She's mastered almost all archery styles, from Khajiit and Redguard mounted archery, to Bosmeri woodland archery and Breton longbow. The only ones she hasn't trained in yet are the Saxheel archery styles in Black Marsh, the Altmer styles, and the Akaviri schools. She may appear to be quiet and prefer to be away from people, but get her in a social gathering and she's more talkative then Amber sometimes, but she's generally friendly if she likes you, which is information she keeps close to the vest" Lucine said.

"Amber on the other hand, is a powerful sorceress, almost as powerful as our mother, maybe more, but since they've never had a serious magic duel we may never know. She's the most friendly of us sisters, not to say me or Adra are mean or unfriendly, she just likes to make people happy, and she's the life of the party. Another way she takes after our mother, is when there's some kind of ball or social gathering, she's the most comfortable in it, sometimes I don't understand it but she's my sister, and I wouldn't have her any other way"

Lucine looked at Liam. "Your turn, we have that strange Elf, Aura, that shadowy Nord, Raven and his friend, Talon, the Dunmer, Ali and that templar....never did catch his name" she said.

----
    Liam smirked before giving his opinion, the Breton thinking about his words carefully. "Well, I don't know much about Aura really. She's quite polite to me though I've rarely ever spoken to her in a full blown conversation. She's a bit of a mystery to me, what with her unusual origins and all. .. Has a sad look to her sometimes, as if she's lost a lot of people close to her. " Liam grabbed his cup of wine and begins to drink out of it, before smirking in amusement. "She's also quite attractive but don't tell anyone I said that."

"Then there's Raven and Talon... I don't know, something about the two of them unnerves me. Sometimes when I'm in the palace, I feel like there's someone watching from a distance or staring at me from somewhere - probably not them but with how secretive and quiet they are, I wouldn't put it past them. Raven, is what we call back in Daggerfall a "Trou du cul ténébreux" or "Shadowy Asshole" - so you could say I don't like him. Talon is a bit more difficult to give my opinion on as I've barely ever spoken to her and she's made no effort to speak to me so I guess we're not exactly going to be the best of friends."

Liam then tried to remember the other two members of court before putting names to faces. "Ali is the Dunmer Ashlander, correct? She's an interesting person from the very little information I coaxed from her in the past. Definitely someone who knows how to play The Game so to speak, at least I can see that from the counsel she's given the Jarl in the past. Other than that, I don't really know." He took a large sip of his drink and slowly started to realise that he was becoming slightly inebriated: He was a terrible drinker.

"And then there's the "oh so pious" Templar, Isus. I'm sure me and him aren't going to see eye to eye on a number of things when we return to court. I wasn't exactly pleased at how he handled the situation with you, your sisters and the Dragonborn, especially when you consider that you didn't do much wrong to begin with. From the reports I was given by Bolgeir, he's one of the few people who attempted to locate the Lord's Mail within Vvardenfell, and he's got an impressive status amongst the people of Ebonheart. I'm not sure about his methods in regards to the law, but I suppose I'll just have to see what happens in the long run."

With a drunken grin, Liam slowly stood up and steadied himself against the wall. "I feel slightly light headed... Ah, that's better. So tell me Lady Lucine - what do you think about our fair Lady Elisif?"

----

"Well, she lives up to her title of the Fair, for the most part" Lucine said, watching as the bosun of the ship, Erik, dressed down a relatively new crewmember for messing up a simple knot. "Her handling of the Orc woman, Che, seemed to mesh Isus's extreme sense of following the laws of the Divines to a T, and Raven's propensity for extreme levels of violence, which has me concerned slightly, one can't go to either extreme and be considered fair in that aspect" she said. "Although on looks, she has fair down to an art form, just wait until my mother arrives with us in Solitude, she'll have access to some of the best make-up from Hammerfell, High Rock and Valenwood" she added. "Seems you're getting drunk though, maybe we should turn in for the night, we'll be awoken in the morning, probably by Erik rousing the day crew" she said.

-----
    Liam grins a wide smile before steadying himself against the railing. "Oh, this isn't drunk. One time me and Bolgeir were given leave from the Jarl to head down to the Winking Skeever for a day or two and me and the big man got plastered with a man named Sam Gueveene. Woke up the next day in Markath's temple of Dibella with no recollection of what happened. Turns out, Bolgeir nearly married a hagraven, ha ha...". The young Breton burst into hysterics, clutching his side in mild discomfort from laughing so much before abruptly vomiting over the side of the ship. "Okay, maybe I'm a little intoxicated... I'm gonna have a nap. If Erik wakes me up in the morning with shouting, I'm gonna throw him in the sea myself...".

Liam slowly walked to his quarters and gargled a cup of water before laying down and falling into a blissful sleep...

-----

Lucine chuckled at Liam's response, and threatening to throw Erik overboard in the morning. "Well isn't he in for a rude awakening come the morning" she said quietly, smirking and finishing a bottle of firemead she had found. "It's not like the stuff from home, but it still warms you up" she said, walking to her quarters.

In the morning, drums were heard from the deck, big war drums by the sound of them. But Lucine was already awake and had knocked on Liam's door to wake him a few minutes before Erik roused the day crew. She stood on the deck as the crew gathered around them. They had crossed into what was considered High Rock waters, and a few other ships were in front of them. "Who goes there? Identify yourselves!" a voice shouted from one fo the ships as it came alongside them. A voice Lucine recognised. "Captain Anders?! Is that you?!" she called back. "Lady Lucine? Well I'll be! I take it you're heading to Jehanna port then?" Captain Anders called back. "Indeed we are captain, I need to see my parents, I have a representative from the court in Solitude with me as well!" she yelled to the other captain. "Alright, follow us in!" Anders responded. They were escorted into the House Starseer section of the port, and once the gangplank came down, Lucine disembarked, as did some of the crew. "By the Hist, look at the size of that ship" Swims-through-Ice said, pointing to the ship they had moored behind. "That is the Wakerunner, sister ship to both the Starcharger and Pride of Starkeep, she's a transport ship, similar in design to the former Emperor's ship, the Katariah. Three internal decks, three large masts with six sails each, and some space for ballistae, both internally and on the main deck, she is the pride of the House's fleet, and the only way we'll get any troops back to Solitude in any sort of good time" Lucine said. "I'd take my hammer to the gates of Windhelm myself to help run that ship" Erik said. "Well suicidal attacks on the current seat of power in Skyrim aside, I might be able to swing it so you guys can help command her" Lucine said. Swims-through-Ice smiled at this. "Alright, Liam let's go, we have to walk to my family's house" she said, slinging her backpack over her shoulder and walking to the main street. The docks were alive with merchants, and captains from other noble houses unloading and loading ships, dockworkers moving goods around, fishermen either going out for the first time this morning, or coming back from a long, cold night of fishing. And seagulls, lot's and lot's of seagulls and other seabirds. As she came out onto the main street, Lucine could smell fresh baked bread, and the sounds of people going about their business. Jehanna was a thriving city, a far cry from the war-weary, and battle scared Solitude, it actually reminded her of Solitude before the war. Not that Jehanna didn't have it's own scars, one of which was in the center of the city, a statue laying on top of a ruined bit of the road. "I remember the battle that caused this" she said, to herself mainly, although she hoped Liam was still following her.

----
    Liam was not in the best shape if he was entirely honest - his head felt like a giant was standing on top of his skull and he felt like he was going to die from his hangover. "By Magnus , I'm never drinking again...". The Breton knight had his hood up for the majority of the walk, the light snow settling on the mans leather armor - normally he would wear chainmail or maybe plate mail for protection when in a city he wasn't familiar with, but Jehanna's less than warm weather called for a more weather resistant piece of equipment.

As he strolled past the docks, Liam couldn't help but feel reminded of Daggerfall and home. The bustling markets, thriving dockyards and familiar Breton architecture brought about a wave of nostalgia within the knight who managed a weak smile at the thought of being back in High Rock, even if it were for a limited amount of time. He was trailing behind Lucine and Swims-Through-Ice who were strolling ahead at a quick pace while Liam was slowly looking around the area for anything of note, spotting a jewellers shop not far from where he was stood. Normally, he wouldn't have spared the place a second glance but a certain piece caught his eye: In the middle of the shop was a gold necklace of ornate design that depicted a rose entwined with what looked to be a heart, probably Elven in make, with a beauty to it that the Breton couldn't help but associate with Jarl Elisif. "She probably already has something similar to this but I think she'd appreciate the gesture if anything.". Within five minutes, Liam had bought the piece of jewellery and hurried off to find Lucine and the rest, spotting them at a ruined road.

"So Lady Lucine - Where are we headed from here?"

-----

Lucine pointed south-east, to a walled manor house on a hill. "Jehanna Keep, where House Starseer is lead from" she said. "Not so fast, you Starseer bitch!" a male voice said from behind them. Lucine turned around and smirked. "Well well, if it isn't Count Motierre, still sore about your family being trounced by mine and our allies I see? Stabbed any family members lately?" she said, slightly snarkily. "Don't be so high and mighty, we all know the only reason you won was because Count Clais betrayed us. Turncoats got what was coming to them though after the Count married my sister" Count Montierre, a young man not much younger then Lucine and Liam, said. "I have business to attend to, so if you don't mind we are much to busy to indulge the ramblings of a loser who's own uncle caused the assassination of Emperor Tidus Mede II" Lucine said, walking off towards the manor house, leaving Montierre grumbling curses behind them. "That statue we were near is where his House lost to mine for control of Jehanna, after my parents helped the city to recover they commissioned that statue and left that small part of the road where a trebuchet fired the first shot of the siege as a memorial" she said as they approached the gate. "State your bus- Lady Lucine! You and your companions can got right in m'lady, your parents are in the dinning hall having breakfast" the guard captain said. "Thank you, captain" Lucine said, smiling as they entered.

The dinning hall was a simple affair, by nobility standards, with the usual decorations of statues and silverware in cabinets and portraits of important members of the House. And a single, 8 seated table, at which sat an elegant Elven-looking woman dressed in fine mages robes, and a tough looking Redguard man in traditional Hammerfell nobles garb. The man looked up as they entered, and a smile spread across his face. "Ah Lucine, our daughter. What brings you back from Skyrim so soon? And with company too!" he said, his air of command masked by the pure joy of seeing his daughter again. They hugged and then Lucine's mother came over and embraced her daughter as well. "Business, unfortunately, Solitude calls for aid, the war left her coffers dry and an attempted coup two days ago left the guards weakened, and the people relatively impoverished" Lucine said, holding up the request letter she had drafted on the ship. "We'll deal with this after breakfast, come you three must be hungry, there is plenty of food" Lucine's father said, taking the letter and pocketing it. As they sat, Lucine's mother was the first to speak."I am Salendrial Starseer, Matriarch of House Starseer, and this is my husband Timur" Salendrial said, Timur bowed his head as he was introduced. "And you two may be?" she asked, looking at Liam and Swims-through-Ice. "Pleasure to meet you both, I am Swims-through-Ice, slayer of smugglers, culler of corsairs, perforater of pirates, and all-around gentleman of the high seas, at your service" the Argonian captain said. "He's a pirate hunter, to put it simply" Lucine said. "Well if you want to say it that way you can, personally I like my way better" Swims-through-Ice said. "I like this man, he would make a bard blush with his alliteration, and he kills pirates which would have to be the best bit" Timur said. Timur and Salendrial then looked at Liam, waiting for his reply. Lucine grabbed some of the roast pork that was near her, and started eating it while a tray of drinks was carried around to them, which she grabbed one and took a sip. Apple cider, her favourite, and something she had missed being in Skyrim, she would savour this drink.

----
    Liam bowed in one perfect elegant move before flashing his trademark smile at the Lady Salendrial and shaking Timur's hand firmly. "Tis good to finally make your acquaintance. I'm Ser Liam Leoncourt, son of Lord Steward Thierry Leoncourt of Daggerfall and currently serving the Jarl of Solitude as her protector.". The tall knight smiles in the direction of Lucine before continuing. "It's been a pleasure fighting beside your daughters, they're fine soldiers and even finer friends.". The knight was going to grab a glass of red wine but decided to have a large glass of water instead, noting the looks he was given by people. "I shouldn't drink... I have a tendency to become intoxicated quite quickly.". Hoping to continue some conversation, Liam looked at Timur and smiled.

"I hear you're a fine swordsman Ser, at least you must be considering the skills your children possess with sword, bow and spell."

-----

"Why thank you, Liam. Although my wife is responsible for the magic abilities Amber possesses" Timur said. "Yeah, dad can barely cast a basic Flames spell" Lucine said, smirking. "No I just refuse to, as both my hands are usually full anyway" Timur said. After grabbing a bunch of grapes, Salendrial used a telekinesis spell to bring the note to her hands and read it. "Let's see...funds for their coffers...food and other supplies for the civilians....engineers to repair the city....and soldiers" Salendrial said. "Not asking for much I see, I'm guessing the Jarl gave you free reign as to the requests to be made" Timur said, eyeing his daughter. "Yes she did, father. Also Swims-through-Ice here wants to captain the Wakerunner on the way back, he saw the ship as we docked his behind it" Lucine said. Salendrial folded up the letter and placed it on the table. "Everything in this letter can be dealt with of course, as for captaining the Wakerunner, her captain will have to be met with and convinced, but we can deal with that" she said. "Feel free to walk around the city while we sort everything out, well send messengers for you three once we're finished on our end" Timur said.

After everyone had finished eating, Lucine and Swims-through-Ice left the manor house and looked down at the city. "Jehanna is a lovely city, hopefully we can help to bring Solitude back to being this prosperous again" Lucine said. "I'll go back to my ship and check on my crew" Swims-through-Ice said, walking down the stairs into the city.

----

Liam nodded at Lucine's words, taking a sip from his canteen of water before speaking. "Aye. I had heard stories about the cities beauty when I was in Solitude but those failed to live up to it in person. ". It was a minor white lie if honest - the city was nice enough but it had nowhere near the character that the capital city had. With a minor shudder from the cold, the young knight waved Swims-through-Ice off before asking Lucine a serious question.

"Any ideas on where to head off to? Preferably somewhere warm which serves hot drinks perhaps?". Liam should have been used to the cold, mainly due to his time within Skyrim, but he had never truly accustomed to it the way hid other kinsmen had. He pulled his fur coat tight towards his chest and sighed, watching his breath steam up in the cold weather before turning back to Lucine. "Didn't actually think it'd be this cold... Ha, should of packed warmer clothing."

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Default Che / Ali Co-Post.

Spoiler: Chenin's Dream 

Clutching her blanket with iron fists, Che roused from sleep to find Jo'sha beside her, quietly packing his belongings.

"Where were you last night?" the Khajiit asked her, placidly.

"I... went for a walk," the Orc answered after a moment's pause, rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes.

"Where to? Oblivion?" The Khajiit chuckled lightly, intending to show that he was no longer irritated with her. He had temporarily shelved, but not forgotten, the conversation he wanted to have with her about Cyrodiil. "This Khajiit was in the forest searching for you last night, much later than liked. When you didn't return after the storm, well... it was worrisome. Even so, we are fortunate that no one took notice of our absence." At least it was his hope that no one had.

"I go where I please. I do what I please. I'm a grown woman." Che stood up, stretching her arms up and around, seeking to banish all tension from her muscles. She then flashed her friend a cheeky smirk accompanied by playful eyes. "Besides, perhaps I want to go to Oblivion."

A flat look crossed Jo'sha's features. "Elisif is that type of woman, too, this Khajiit fears. The Jarl's allies far outnumber your own, Shey. You are in her country, surrounded by those loyal to her. In the end, it is her that matters to them, not-" The Khajiit was about to say you, but he bit his tongue once he saw Che's pertness quickly fading into discontent. So, instead, he offered her a smile, his ears twitching in a friendly flutter. "Shhhhhhhey. Cheer up. You have an ally in the Khajiit. Always. This will soon all be forgotten once that damnable Nord is pacified."

"Piss on that," Che blurt out, pithily. Even the thought of having to appease such a man was extremely bitter to the taste. Che stood to her feet, took a few paces, and began to take her leave.

"Shey! Where are you going?"

"Oblivion."

Once outside the tent, Che took a moment to study her surroundings. All around, Elisif's vassals scurried about like mice, gathering up the camp as quickly as possible. Everything that everyone did was for her, it seemed. They lived, worked, died, and for what? Her? Jo'sha really was right. Her life mattered very little here. She sighed. Had her life ever really mattered anywhere, though?

A few moments later, Jo'sha also exited the tent, just as a Nord guardsman began approaching the duo with a purpose-filled look. "I am instructed to make the two of you useful. Khajiit, come help the guards load the carriages. Orc, find Elisif's ladies. Help them prepare the Jarl's carriage," he ordered, as he began to list off a strange combination of foods that he had been instructed to find. The guard paused, realising something: perhaps that rumour of the Jarl being with child was valid. What else could be the reason behind such a suddenly strange palate? "Anyway. I have a hunch that our Jarl would appreciate cushions, as well."

As the Nord motioned for Jo'sha to follow him, the Khajiit gave a parting glance to Che, silently shrugging his shoulders. Che merely shook her head at how pathetic her lot in life had become, before eyeing the perimeter for a familiar face. She found none; so her focus simply narrowed in on the nearest person to her. By chance, it happened to be a stately looking Dunmer woman with dark hair and sharp cheekbones. Walking up to said woman, Che tapped her on the shoulder to garner her attention. "Hey! Eh. Hi there. I really need some cushions." Che rolled her eyes, realising how utterly stupid she must sound. "You know. For your Jarl's princess carriage. And I need food..." Che paused, failing to recall what foods the guard had listed. "Oh, to hell with it. I don't remember. Do you know where the Jarl's ladies-in-waiting are?"

_____

Ali had already packed her tent away and was preparing to head out ahead of the caravan, being part of the outrider group for this final leg of the trip. She heard the Orc woman ask her something. "Any food, really, would be in the food carriage over there" she said, pointing to a carriage moving up behind Elisif's carriage. "As for cushions, they would still be in her tent which hasn't been packed up yet" she added, grabbing Che's hand and leading her to the tent, like a friend pulling one of their friends somewhere to show them something. "My name is Ali'andra, but everyone calls me Ali" she said as they entered the tent. She grabbed some of the cushions and looked around the small table, a box containing various kinds of makeup powders, and some warpaint, was sitting on it. They were lucky no one was in the tent as she snooped around a bit. "Oh look, she brought her make-up" Ali said, giggling a bit.

_____

The Orsimer was quite surprised when the Dunmer presumptuously lead her right into the Jarl's tent which, strangely enough, was left unguarded. Che looked around, noticing that some of Elisif's personal valuables were still within. Idiots, Che thought to herself regarding the dolts that Elisif called a garrison. Sure, she had easily intruded into Raven's tent, but... really? Wasn't Elisif their liege, and it was this easy to get into her tent, too? Well, it all does seem rather fitting, I suppose. Idiots who serve an idiot.

A beat later, Che's eyes were scanning the area more closely, even as her Dunmer companion began appreciating Elisif's many cosmetics. "Hm," was all the Orsimer said in response, detached and disinterested. Instead, her eyes were focusing on something of more interest: a nearby pile of scrolls and quills, lying next to a candle and seal. Che specifically narrowed her gaze on the seal, making a mental note of the insignia of this Jarl of Solitude.

Then, suddenly, the tent flap flung open, as two pretty Nord ladies entered in a fit of lighthearted gossip and laughter. Their revelry quickly turned into shock at the presence of the two uninvited strangers in their Jarl's tent, and Elisif's ladies-in-waiting immediately grew suspicious. Their usually bright, long-lashed eyes darkened at the sight of the Orsimer and Dunmer. "What are you doing in here?! You have no right to be in here! This is the Jarl's tent! Get out, both of you! Or we will call the guards!"

Che's own eyes studied the two women in retaliation. "A guard instructed me to find you here. This Dunmer was simply showing me the way." Che looked up at Ali meaningfully. "We are taking these to Elisif." In an attempt to validate what she was saying, Che speedily begun grabbing cushions. Speechless, the ladies-in-waiting skeptically took stock of the Orc's exit, her arms brimming with a mountain of colourful velvet.

Once outside, and assuming that Ali had followed, Che began speaking whilst heading towards what was obviously the Jarl's carriage. "You must be some close friend to the Jarl? I mean, you must think very highly of her to be so far from home, to follow her all the way from... Morrowind?" Che then threw the cushions in, in a deliberately unceremonious fashion, before turning to see if the Dunmer had indeed followed.

_____

"Oh no, I was hired by a strange Nord man to help save Elisif from an attempted coup a couple of nights ago" Ali said as they threw the cushions into Elifis's carriage. "Before that I lived in an Ashlander camp near Kynesgrove, outside of Windhelm, we'll actually be going past it on our way there" she added. As they walked Amber and Adra caught up with them. "Ready to go ahead of the caravan, Ali?" Adra asked, placing an arrow back into her quiver. Ali nodded and looked at Che."You come with us yeah? Four people will be better then three" she said. "That's a good idea, Ali you can go with...sorry I didn't catch your name?" Adra said.

_____

The Orsimer soaked in all that the Dunmer said, considering each word she spoke with genuine interest. As a child, Che had always found herself greatly intrigued by the plight of the Dunmer, including that of the Ashlanders. True, their reliance on the arcane arts was considered abominable and their nomadic lifestyles distasteful, but she couldn't help but feel a kinship with that race, much due to her opinion that they physically resembled her own more than any other race.

Although, Che had always held a certain degree of affection for all types of outsiders, in spite of the Orsimer tendency to shut out the world. Hers were an insular people, ones who chose to live by a strict penal code and, as such, were often left alone to practice their unusual traditions amongst their own kind. It was in such a community that she was reared, steered by a strict culture that scrupulously dictated the way each Orsimer should live. Yet, the suppression of thought only heightened Che's curiosity, with every criticism of other races only fanning the flame of intrigue. The outside was just so fascinatingly tempting, so fascinatingly... delinquent.

"I'd love to see such a place as Kynesgrove. Tell me, in an Ashlander camp do they want to be-" was all he managed to utter before the dark sisters approached the two of them. As Adra and Amber voiced their enquiries, Che set her own aside. As requested, she introduced herself to the sisters, telling them her name blandly, a bit annoyed that they had interrupted her talk with the Ashlander. This was quickly forgotten, however, when Che recognised Amber as being the one held prisoner beside her in Castle Dour. 

"You want me to join you?" she asked, feeling a bit skeptical at first. She then glanced around, viewing horses grazing in the foreground. The idea of her being seen trotting about in a vanguard before the very people who put her behind iron bars proved too great a temptation to resist. Plus, it beat sitting in the back in some servant's carriage, any day.

"May I pick a mare?"

_____

"A horse sounds like a good idea, I should get one too so we can both scout ahead and send messages back to the caravan if we need to" Ali said. "Sure, you two got get a horse each, we'll wait for you both up ahead" Adra said, her and Amber walking further down the road. "So what were you starting to ask before? Ali asked. She had kept the start of the question in mind so she could make sure Che got to ask it. As they looked over the spare horses one of the guards looked at Che. "I hope you're not planning on eating that horse" he said to her, smirking. Ali glared at him, and grabbed the reigns of two horses. "Ignore him, Che, let's go and catch up with our friends and make sure no bandits take this one by surprise" she said, a slight snarl in her voice as she lead Che and the two horses away from the exceptionally rude guard. "Orcs don't eat horses, everyone knows that. That misconception was debunked over 200 years ago during the Oblivion Crisis" she said once they were far enough away from the man and nearing where they were to meet Adra and Amber.

_____

"I just was wondering if Ashlanders are accepting of foreigners," Che replied, as she stroked the ear of one particularly beautiful mare, its coat shining bluish black in the sun light. "It seems to be a trait that grows increasingly rare these days." Che's admiration of the mare was soon interrupted, however, by the guard's crass comment. Bemused, Che fell silent, leaving Ali to respond. It did not take her long to recognise the guard as one of those who had roughly escorted her to Castle Dour. Yet, as Ali angrily took her leave, Che calmly followed, considering the comments she made. Did these Nords really believe her kind to be as savage as all that? That being what it was, perhaps utilising such a reputation could be... advantageous? A sparkle filled the Orc's eyes, as an idea blossomed within her mind. Carefully, Che mounted and took reign of the ebony mare.

"Pardon me a moment. I'll catch up with you soon."

Then, with a click of the tongue and tug of the reign, Che steered the mare back towards the guard in a strong gallop. As the space between she and he narrowed, she showed no sign of slowing, but rather clenched her jaw so that he could easily see her Orsimer teeth that she hated so much. Perhaps they never make me feel beautiful, but perhaps they will make me feel dangerous. Then, at the very last second, Che shifted abruptly left, before turning her gaze so that her vacant eyes met his. Ever so slowly, she began to steer the horse around him in a measured trot, circling around him predatorily. Her gaze was fixed, as it was her intention to make him feel as uncomfortable as possible with a long, cold-hearted stare.

"I believe we met back Castle Dour, when you shackled me. I never got a chance to introduce myself. My name is Che," she said calmly, ever circling, ever considering him how a raptor of the skies does a rodent below. "You poor human. You look so weak. It really is too bad you won't survive Elisif's petty war." She then paused a moment, feeling so amused that she had to actively stifle a smile. By now, the guard was flashing her the dirtiest of looks, and just as he opened his mouth to tell her off, she took care to cut him off immediately. "I'm not finished. You saw what your Jarl did to me in the courtyard. I could have crushed her, but I chose not to. Do you think she has regard for you? Our lives are her playthings for 'displaying strength,' if you will. But I'm leaving this place soon, so it will not be me who does the dying. It will be your bone turned to ash, so that she may live long to enjoy the fruits of life. But, enough of such dire talk. It seems that you haven't met many of my kind, have you? Perhaps I should give you some advice before you meet another. As for me, I really do try to be a rational individual. This cannot be said for many Orsimer, however, particularly of our males. Have you ever seen one of them in their great rage? I have. So you had best control your tongue, as we Orsimer are like to rip it out, should it offend us." She could no longer stifle that smile she had been holding back. Aura had told her to have fun, right? If emasculating a guard who once held your wrists in fetters wasn't fun, Che didn't know what was. "Also. One more thing. I'd keep an eye on that horse of yours, if I were you."

With that, Che gave a firm yah, prompting the horse away from the man, who stormed off as she left. Turning her eye to find her Khajiit friend, she lightly snickered to herself as she approached Jo'sha.

"Shey? How did you get the mare?" Jo'sha asked, as she approached, steering the horse to water and then gently petting the its mane.

"By talking to the right people," the Orc responded, before shifting her tone into a whisper. "Listen. I need you to keep your eyes and ears open. Talk to the guards and... watch everyone here, really. Just find out as much as you can, but don't seem too obvious. Also, find me something worth knowing about Raven, would you?"

"What? Who's Raven?" he said, a bit louder than she would have liked.

"Shhh! The man in black. Just do it, okay? I'll talk to you once we're in Windhelm."

The Khajiit eyed the Orc with confusion in his eyes.

"Jo'sha, I'm getting us out of here," she explained, once again taking hold of the reigns. "But better off than before, and... Elisif will be receiving a message from me." With that, she darted back off towards Ali, with a mind to question her and the sisters during the ride to Windhelm. She planned on starting with asking about everything that occurred in Solitude, and the circumstances of each individual involved.

_____

"Oh yes, there was an Orc Stronghold near Kynesgrove that got attacked by some mercenaries that the Stormcloaks hired and once the Stormcloaks broke the siege they....convinced the Orcs to move on, they came to our camp to rest since we'd been trading with them a bit and we convinced them to stay. And some of them did, mostly the women and children, and some of the men. Others left for Orsinium, hoping to fight against those they believe betrayed them" Ali said.

Once Che had rejoined them the girls went off ahead of the caravan. They stayed about a kilometer ahead at all times. On the horizon they saw some banners gathered. "What's that?" Adra asked. "Looks like the Bandit King's warbands, the bandits seem to be forming a kingdom based on something I found while clearing out a bandit camp a couple of days ago" Ali said. "Looks like 50 strong at least, but they aren't on our path so let's continue on but keep an eye out, we may never know" Adra said. About midday they passed a lumber mill with a wooden bridge crossing the river to a camp. "Oh there's my camp, and that bridge is new" Ali said. The woman who worked the mill looked up at her."Oh you're an ashlander?" she asked. "I'm the ashkhan to be more exact. Ali'andra Drel, but everyone calls me Ali" Ali said. "Ah nice to meet you, my husband actually finished helping with the bridge just yesterday, it made it easier to get supplies in and out of the camp, they provide us with fish and the occasional bit of horker or mammoth meat and we provide wood and what little crops we can spare" the woman said. "Then on behalf of my camp I thank you for your kindness, ma'am. You are what all true Nords of Skyrim should aspire to be, selfless and kind" Ali said. They reached the gates not long after that and waited for the caravan to catch up. Once everyone was caught up they all went into the city and got rooms in Candlehearth Hall. Amber saw the exchange between Elisif and Starkad and smiled, she was happy no matter which he chose out of her and Elisif, she saw Mara as more of a little sister or something anyway. As she left she saw a couple of manservents staring at Starkad and Elisif, she recognised the designs on their tabbards. The Horse of Whiterun and Ram of Markarth. And then she remembered what Ali had said about who the Stormcloak captain had said to Ali, about who hired him. She quickly wrote a note and handed it to one of Elisif's maidservents. "Get this to Lady Elisif ASAP, it's a note warning of Markarth and Whiterun spying on her" she said. The maidservent ran to Elisif's room, note in hand.

Ali had gone into the room she had rented. The girls had been sure to rent adjoining rooms, so she opened the doors between them once the main doors were closed. Adra turned around and faced the door to her room and Amber's room as it opened. "Between Stormcloaks, strangely brazen Falmer and bandit kings I say we have our work cut out for us" she said, looking at Ali. "Agreed, we'll need to keep everyone close and on guard, especially once Lucine and Liam return from High Rock" Ali said. "What of your camp? I know you Ashlanders are tough but that camp is in the middle of enemy territory" Adra said. Ali thought for a moment. "I guess they'll have to pack up and move, I might send word for them to do so soon and head up near Solitude" she said. Adra nodded and Ali returned to her room.

Amber was now out in the main part of the city, where she saw some people about to be executed. One of which was an Imperial woman. thier charges were inciting rebellion, and destruction of Stormcloak property. "I'll pay to see them released into my custody! They'd make good workers since they look strong enough!" she called out. The Stormcloak captain considered her for a moment before Ulfric's steward stepped in. "A good idea, it should be more humiliating other then a warrior's death to die in captivity working in some Breton mage's tower or being experimented on" he said, smirking. Amber handed over a chest with 10,000 gold and Reila and her fellow soldiers were brought to the back of Elisif's caravan on chains. "I am Amber and I am rescuing you guys, keep your heads down and act like you're still captive until we reach Solitude and then you'll all be free to go" she said in a low voice to the Imperial woman once the guards were out of earshot. If the Stormcloaks wanted this woman and her companions dead then they must be a large threat, and a threat like this in the field would keep Ulfric's armies on their toes.

_____
    Last edited by Leanna; 09-10-2017 at 11:38 PM. Reason: My stupid spelling and vocab errors gah

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Reila was pulled off the wagon by the Stormcloaks along with her fellow soldiers. Blood stains on the side of her lip, cheek arms. She did indeed fought hard again'st the soldiers in the cave, but watching her companions died around her was hard to swallow. She lead the captured group to a stage where a lot of people stood, waiting to see what happens. When the captain had recited the criminals' actions again'st Ulfric Stormcloak and his soldiers, the people boo and shouted at the small Legion outfit. Walking on the stage frightened Reila, her breathing shaken and her body trembled. 'Is this it?' was all she could think, seeing the headsman with his large axe, the pedastal where they lay their necks and the bucket that collects the heads.

She listened to what the captain said to the crowd, riling them up. Demanding their execution, a guard grabbed Reila by her arm and led her to the stump. Her knee was hit and someone shoved her body down, keeping their hands on her, grip was strong. Reila thought about her home in Riften, the faces of those she loved. Seeing them before watching the headsman raised his axe, ready to strike. Closing her eyes shut tightly, clenching her hands and gritting her teeth.

Someone shouted, she opened her eyes and looked to the one who yelled. Another woman, shouting about purchasing them, as slaves? "Go to hell!" Reila shouted at the woman who purchased every soldier and herself. But when the steward had agreed to let the woman buy the group. She growled at the one who bought them. "You think you can keep me as a slave, you are sure dead wrong lady." She growled at the woman who led the soldiers to a caravan. But surprisingly, the woman who bought them, saved them. "Who the hell are you?" Reila asked with a frown. Watching as the guards take their leave, she turned her attention to Amber. "So...your with the Imperial Legion?" She asked in curiosity before her men started asking what was going on. She silenced them before she could get an answer. "At least free us before we reach Solitude, we need to find our Legate." She kept her gaze on Amber, such a beautiful woman Reila thought, staring at her eyes for a moment before looking away.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Default Co-post Part 2

"Well the inn is over there, they have various warm drinks, some of which are non-alcoholic like tea and coffee" Lucine said, the non-alcoholic comment being a slight jab at Liam getting drunk on the ship. Just then a man and woman walked up to them. The woman was very pretty and wore mithril armour and carried a mace, where as the man wore leather armour and didn't seem to have a weapon, save for some heavy looking gauntlets, he also looked a bit like a boar in how he was built and how his face looked. "Well well, Lucine is back. How's our favourite warrior?" the woman said. "Camilla, it's good to see you again. I've been well for the most part" Lucine said, smiling, a slight blush coming over her cheeks. "How's the Heartbreaker?" she asked. "Which one?" Camilla asked, smirking and running her hand over the head of her mace. "Oh Liam, this is Camilla and Caleb Redmont, they're cousins and the best warriors of House Redmont. Camilla, Caleb this is Liam, he's the personal bodyguard for Jarl Elisif the Fair of Solitude" Lucine said. "Pleasure to meet you" Camilla said, smiling and stepping close to Liam. "I'm sure you guard Elisif's body all right" she added, winking at him. "Camilla, could you take Liam to the inn, I need to borrow your cousin for a moment" Lucine said. "It would be my pleasure" Camilla said, heading towards the inn, before looking at Liam. "You coming or what, Liam?" she asked before continuing to the nearby inn. Once Camilla and Liam were out of ear shot Lucine looked at Caleb. "Tell the Conclave the meeting is in Skyrim, more information will be provided when I narrow down a better location, but probably somewhere outside Solitude most likely" she said. Caleb simply nodded. "About time you gave us that much, the representatives from Cyrodiil and Valenwood were getting antsy, and you know how Khan gets when he gets antsy" Caleb said. Lucine nodded and then followed Liam and Camilla into the inn, Caleb right behind her.

----
    "Hey, the only reason I was drinking was because it was a social event... Kind of." Lucine's comment irritated the young knight slightly though he was certain that it was it meant purely in jest. Liam was merely happy to know that an establishment was close by and that he could put his feet up and stay out of the cold, snowy weather. He was about to head inside when he heard someone say something to Lucine, causing him to turn around rather quickly and giving him a pleasant surprise upon seeing the duo of Camilla and Caleb.

Liam, for lack of a better description, looked at Camilla in mild awe - she was quite simply, beautiful and the young lad couldn't help but blush at her insinuation that perhaps he did "more" than just protect Elisif, the risqué joke doing more than just interest the Knight in regards to wanting to get to know her better. The other new face, the broad shouldered warrior clad in leather and mail seemed nearly as tall as Liam, but was evidently broader of build and size; he looked like a bear ready to attack it's prey in comparison to Liam's lithe, lean physique. "Tis good to make your acquaintance." is all the lad could muster before he followed Camilla like a puppy into the inn, feeling the reassuring warmth of the fire burning in the heart as he stepped inside and ordered a small cup of tea.

"So, Lady Camilla - how do you and the triplets know each other? Must have some interesting stories about them.". Liam couldn't help but smile, the dimples in his cheeks showing themselves as he did so. He considered himself somewhat charming and hoped that his innocent demeanour and witty vocabulary could perhaps make him seem more likeable to the beautiful woman in front of him.

----

"Oh well our two Houses have always been close, ever since House Starseer was exiled from Valenwood back near the start of the 4th Era, so me and the Heartbreaker, my mace, have always been brought to bare to help defend them. Also me and Amber trained at the Temple of Dibella in the Dibellan Arts" Camilla said. She wondered if Liam knew what the Priestesses of Dibella were know for and what services they provided. "And me and Lucine were....an item at one point in time" she added as Lucine and Caleb sat beside her and Liam. "And what a time that was" Lucine said, smirking and looking Camilla over before ordering a cup of coffee. "So what brings the two of your here?" Caleb asked, looking closely at Liam, who was still smiling and blushing at Camilla.
    ----
    Liam was really, really, starting to like Camilla. She had a wit to her that made it incredibly easy to like her. Not only was she intelligent, amusing and risqué, but she had an "interesting" past to her that made the handsome young knight blushing like a young maiden. He hadn't heard much of what she'd said after hearing she had practiced in the Dibellan arts, the innocent young man merely trying not to let all the blood rush to his cheeks in embarrassment; that wasn't to say he hadn't heard of the "rigorous" training that followers of Dibella went through, but it didn't exactly make the young man any less interested in the attractive young woman in front of him.

"Oh, erm, we're actually here on business, representing the Jarl of Solitude. It's actually the first time I've been back to High Rock in around a year and a half, so I jumped at the chance to do something outside of Solitude.". Liam looked at Lucine for confirmation on whether to reveal what actual business they were doing in Jehanna but otherwise turned back to his conversation with Camilla. "I'd heard that followers of Dibella are... Skilled in many aspects of her teachings. Granted, I don't actually know much of what she does teach but it seems interesting enough." Liam didn't actually know what Dibella taught in essence, having much rather believed in the stories of Pelinal and Shor more than the Eight Divines... Well, he did believe in Talos but he tended to keep that little tidbit to himself. Regardless, he took a sip of his tea and turned to Caleb with a smirk. "So, you look like you've seen your fair share of combat, friend. Any notable battles or fights I may have heard of?"

----

"Maybe one day I can show you what I was taught" Camilla said, smirking. Caleb rolled his eyes at the obvious flirting going on between his cousin and Liam. "We were involved in the Battle of Jehanna, fighting against House Montierre and their allies for control of the city. And then the Battle of Elinhir Fields, me and Lucine were the only two of our Houses involved in that one though" Caleb said. "And then there was that battle against a Dominion-backed bandit king near Orsinium" Lucine said. Caleb nodded and sipped his drink. "So what business do you two have? Anything House Redmont can help with?" Camilla asked. "Aid for Solitude, my parents have already pledged what we requested" Lucine said.

----

"Well then, I eagerly await a time when we show each other our... Different skills, my lady." Liam took a small sip of his drink and smiled broadly, looking into Camilla's eyes with his own emerald green ones. He stopped when he remembered there was more than just Camilla sitting at the table, widening his eyes in surprise before turning to listen to Caleb speak.

Liam nodded at Caleb's words, having been in his early teens when House Montierre rose up in rebellion. "My brothers both served in the Battle for Jehanna - Thierry himself managed to help capture Lord Montierre's eldest son and took him back to Wayrest for trial. A bloody affair for all those involved from what my siblings told me." That was an understatement - Thierry had more than his fair share of scars from the battle, many of which were living inside his head. From what his older sister Cecilia had told him, Thierry had witnessed his whole army get slaughtered in front of his very eyes by the Montierre families mages and archers. "Thankfully, the crown executed that bastard in front of the entire kingdom..." With a small sigh, Liam continued upon what Lucine had stated. "Yes, the majority of Haafingar is in need of some form of aid, though Solitude requires the majority of it. That reminds me" Liam turned to Lucine with a smile.

"I took it upon myself to send a raven to my family and inform them of the situation in Solitude - I got his response earlier this morning. He's promised to send around thirty knights to the city, led by my older brother Thierry and my fellow knights, Xavier Lafayette and Phillipe Rezargout."

----

"Ah yes, he was the one who captured the father of the current Count Montierre, pity that little stain on honour didn't die with him" Caleb snarled. "So you're from House Lionheart or something right? I heard they've been given some boons by the current ruler of Daggerfall, not sure what exactly though" Camilla said. Upon hearing the news of the Leoncourt soldiers Lucine nodded. "Good, hopefully Lord Thierry's scars don't effect him to badly in the coming battles" she said. Just then a messenger came into the inn. "Lady Lucine, Lord Liam I have word from Lord and lady Starseer, all requests have been filled and the Wakerunner and....Winter's Warmth, never heard of that ship before must be from Skyrim with a name like that" he started, chuckling softly for a moment before noting the look in Caleb's face which suggested he should hurry up. "Anyway, the ships will take the personnel and a couple of chests of gold back to Solitude, you two can report to the docks when you are ready to head off" he said. "Thank you, you may go" Lucine said, handing the messenger a small pouch of coins as his payment. "You know what, this sounds like fun, I'll come with you two! I wouldn't want to miss out on any of the fun" Camilla said, winking at Liam. "Well I already have business in Skyrim, so I'll be there too" Caleb said. "Very good, the more the merrier" Lucine said, smiling. "Meet you two at the docks then, come on Liam we have some last minute stuff to do before we head back" Lucine said, heading out of the inn.

----
    Liam nodded at Lucine's words and proceeded to bid Caleb and Camilla a goodbye, shaking Caleb's hand before kneeling down and kissing Camilla's hand elegantly, earning a warm smile in return. "So... You have quite the past - never would have pegged you for studying in the arts of Love and Beauty." Liam stopped upon speaking the words, stammering with his words. "I mean, not to say you're not beautiful my lady, but it didn't strike me as something you would have been interested. Apologies if it sounded like an insult, twas never my intention.". With a sigh, he walked with Lucine towards where they were headed, his usual cheerful demeanour returning.

"Camilla and Caleb seem like decent companions... Camilla especially." Liam smiled dumbly at the statement, realising that he sounded like a young maiden at a tournament and was blushing like one to boot. "Ahem... Erm, where are we headed exactly? Back to your family's house?" The young Knight was going to continue his sentence when he spotted the vaguely familiar face of the Motierre lord they had seen earlier, the man punching a commoner in the face with a loud thud, prompting Liam to stride over there and knock him to the ground violently and putting his hand on the hilt of Duty. "I would ask you refrain from putting your hands on this man any longer - consider that a warning, Lord Motierre." With that, the craven walked away, spouting insults and empty threats in the warriors direction.

"Apologies, but I couldn't stand idly by and watch that bastard harm a member of the public."

-----

"Oh she is a good companion, most definitely. And I don't just mean in the field" Lucine said, smirking as she took note of Liam's blushing face. Before she could answer his question she saw him run ahead and promptly punch Count Montierre in the face, sending the man scurrying away, angrily cursing and nursing a bloody nose. It took all of Lucine's will power not to laugh, or do more then continue smirking. The commoner looked up at Liam. "Thank you sir, but it was entirely my fault. I work for the Count in one of his mines and my wagon broke, spilling the ore on the ground" the man said, indicating the broken wagon and spilled ore. Lucine grabbed her mark out of her pocket and handed it to the man. "Go to the nearby wagon maker and give him this, ask him to either replace or repair your wagon" she said. The man thanked Lucine profusely as he ran to the wagon maker. "The sight of Count Montierre scurrying away with blood flowing from his nose will stay with me for a long time, I'm sure my family will get a laugh out of it" she said to Liam. "We're going to the Starseer barracks actually, we need to get our troops before we head back to the docks" she said, finally answering the original question Liam posed. SHe lead him to where soldiers were training, or sitting around talking after training, all of them under the four pointed star and two crescent moons of the Starseer banner, as well a couple of other banners, one of which seemed to match the sigil on Lucine's shield. "Lucine!" a youngish looking lad called out, he couldn't be any older then 19. "Bryce, how's my favourite little brother" Lucine said. "Just training. I heard mum and dad are taking some soldiers to Solitude" Bryce said. Lucine nodded. "Indeed, which is what me and my friend Liam here are coming to collect" she said. Bryce pointed to the soldiers with full gear and travel packs. "Battlemages, Rangers, Lancers, Scouts, Footmen, Soulknife Infiltrators and Agents and Duelists" Bryce said. Lucine smiled. "A perfect army, although some look a bit green to me, and I don't just mean those orcs there" she said. "Yep, it seems father wanted some new recruits as well as veterans" Bryce said. Lucine chuckled, knowing exactly why he would do that. She walked up to the soldiers and one of the captains saw her, standing to attention and saluting. "Lady Lucine, the soldiers are all loaded up and ready to move out, on your orders ma'am!" he said. "Very good, give the order for the soldiers to march under Banner to the docks and embark the Wakerunner" Lucine said. The captain saluted again and grabbed the nearby Starseer Baner, raising it high. The vexalarius all followed suit and the soldiers marched across the city to the docks with Lucine and Liam at the head of them. Once all 100 soldiers arrived they say 50 Redmont troops also embarking the Wakerunner with Caleb and Camilla with them. "Our father gave us some troops to take with us, it's not much but it's what could be spared" Caleb said, looking Liam over closely before embarking the ship. Camilla smiled at Liam and followed her cousin, rattling off various information of import to their trip to Caleb. Swims-through-Ice came up to them with his First mate and Boson. "Your parents came through and the captain of the Wakerunner and his command crew are taking our ship while we take theirs" the Argonian pirate hunter said. "I bet you three are happy" Lucine said, smiling. "Oh definitely, this will be an interesting ship to command. Maybe once this is all over I can have one commissioned for us" he said. "Once this is all over you should have enough money to crew a similar ship and the Winter's Warmth" Timur said as he walked up to them. "It shouldn't take to long to return to Solitude, we're ready to disembark when you are ready" Salendrial Starseer said, quickly turning to some dockhands moving crates and chests onto the Winter's Warmth to tell them something. "We'll go on the Wakerunner, unless Liam wants to be on the Winter's Warmth and be ahead of the main force by a couple of minutes" Lucine said, looking at Liam for his answer.

----
    Liam smiled and nodded at Salendrial's suggestion, looking at the Wakerunner with a smile.
    "I believe I'll do just that. I'll see you all soon, it was a pleasure to meet you and your family, Lord and Lady Starseer.". With a respectful bow, the knight headed off onto the Wakerunner and heading towards his new cabin, before sitting down and realising he still had that amulet he had bought Elisif from the market, bringing it out and looking at it deep in thought - "Is it really acceptable for me to have feelings for the person I'm sworn to protect? Does that not compromise my position as her bodyguard should I have to choose between protecting her or protecting the people?".

With a sigh, the Breton decided to keep himself busy by deciding to pick up an old book and reading it, slowly falling into a blissful sleep, dreaming about his home in Daggerfall and the family he had left to go serve in the frozen wastes of Skyrim. He could see the memory of his father, Thierry the Elder and his elder brother Thierry the Younger arguing over why they had to send the best swordsman in Daggerfall all the way to a foreign court when they had immediate dangers within the courts of High Rock, especially against the state of Wayrest. It always ended the same when Liam dreamed the incident, with his brother storming out of the room and had Liam chase after him, only to wake up in his bed, with a sigh and a wish to return home.

Thankfully, home was coming back with him to Solitude as the Leoncourt family fleet sailed into Solitude with Thierry the Younger at his head, flanked by his youngest sibling Henry at his side. "Well, it's time to wait for our half brother in this frozen, uncivilized hellhole... C'mon lads, drinks are on me!"

-----

The Starseer ships, including four frigates lead by Captain Anders, made their way to Solitude. During the trip Camilla had visited Liam at least once, and according to Camilla it was perfectly innocent. The Winter's Warmth docked up where it had docked in Solitude Harbour before they left. Salendrial and the engineers disembarked, and carried the cargo off the ship. A few minutes later the soldiers onboard the Wakerunner disembarked and Lucine, Liam and their companions walk ahead of the troops in through the sally gate and up into the city. The militia captain met them on the streets, along with Thane Bryling. Lucine gave orders to the militia captain to escort the soldiers to Castle Dour, which her father went with. Just after the soldiers left Thane Bryling turns to Lucine, Salendrial and Liam. "Lady Elisif wont be happy with a foreign army in her city, and foreign nobility bringing supplies into the city" the Thane said. "Well if you'd prefer we could leave and take the supplies for the civilians, as far as I was aware Jarl Elisif authorized my daughter and her knight protector to get help from us" Salendrial said, her voice still as calm and regal as it had been. "Are you going to let these strangers speak to one of Lady Elisif's Thanes like that, knight protector Liam?" Thane Bryling snapped, looking at Liam.

----
    "Thane Bryling, with all due respect I'm not required to serve nor take orders from you; I serve the Jarl. She asked me and the Lady Lucine to find allies to help out the citizens of both Haafingar and Solitude, hence why Lady Salendrial is here alongside my families fleet - if you have a problem with it, speak with Jarl Elisif upon her return but for now there is very little to discuss. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to help get these supplies to the residents of the city.". With that, Liam walked past Bryling with a large crate of supplies into the town square, distributing them to the local populace with a grin before spotting a large man and a smaller lad marching towards him, smiles on their faces.

"Bonsoir, baby brother! I'm glad you have finally returned to see us once again." Thierry pulled his half brother into a bear hug, his dark eyes shining with humor before Liam managed to pry him away from him with a smirk, turning to the younger boy. "By Pelinal, is that you Henry?! By the Gods, you got big! Last time I saw you, you were chasing down Alice for throwing water upon you.". The young squire merely smiled before giving Liam a small, brotherly hug. "Father sent us here to help aid the city with supplies and manpower after he received your letter.". Liam merely nodded and pointed them towards the Blue Palace, stating he would see them at dinner. "Don't take too long mon frère, we have much to catch up on!".

Laughing, Liam walked back towards Lucine and smiled at the sight of their allies helping out in the city, happy that they had finally returned with the help Solitude required. "I must say, I rather enjoyed this journey of ours. I'm glad it all paid off in the end..."

-----

"Indeed, it was good to be home, and good to see my parents again" Lucine said, watching as two of the engineers moved to a nearby house to begin repairs on the roof. "Where do you want these chests of coin, ma'am?" one of the soldiers carrying the chests asked. "The vault, it'll probably be either under the Blue Palace or near the market" Lucine said, looking at Liam to see if he could answer better.

Camilla and Caleb came up to them a few minutes later. "Timur has set up a training area in the courtyard in front of Castle Dour, the guards and militia seem to have their spirits and morale raised now that they can train and get better" Caleb said. "Yes, and the first kegs and bottles of the Jehanna Firewine and Firemead have gone over a treat at the Winking Skeever, as well as the food of course" Camilla added. "Should we go and check one of those things out, Liam?" Lucine asked.

-----
    "Let's go check out the yard first, see what's happening there, maybe speak to Aldis about what's happened since we left.". With that, Liam headed up to Castle Dour, greeting the blacksmith Beirand as he walks past the Fletchers and into the yard, watching the men and women train and spar with each other before giving some tips on their fighting style, informing them not to stand so tense and to work on their footwork. He even had a rounds against some of the better swordsmen, beating them rather throughly before showing respect and bowing to them all individually. He had just taken off his sweaty leather jerkin off when he spotted Camilla standing near the Castle Dour entrance, causing him to smile and walk towards her with a wide grin.

"So my lady, how are you finding Solitude?"

----
    "It's certainly got a different feel about it then Jehanna, more Imperial than Breton feeling" Camillia said, smiling as she looked Liam over. "Just as cold though" she added, chuckling softly. She looked over the training yard, watching as a few soldiers spared against each other, and then to the old, inactive Oblivion Gate. "I'm sure Amber enjoys being near that Oblivion Gate" she mused. Just then the doors to Castle Dour opened and some soldiers marched out, lead by Lucine and Timur. "Oh here's the Duelists, this'll be fun to watch" Camilla said. Lucine grabbed a nearby glaive and pointed to a soldier who held a rapier and buckler. The sparing match commenced, and after a few moments of back and forth blocking, and a lot of moving all over the training yard, with Lucine catching the rapier blade on the haft of the glaive, she brought it up and under her opponents knees, tripping him over and quickly following up with pressing the blade to his neck. "Do you give?!" Lucine asked. "I give" her opponent said. Lucine removed her weapon from his neck and helped him up. he walked back to where Timur and the other duelists were standing and was promptly taken to the aside by Timur and given a lesson on what he did wrong. Lucine sat beside Camilla, resting her weapon against the bench they were sitting on. "He focused to much on defense, he was exploitable" she said simply. "Liam's last one focused to much on attack and was the same from what I saw" Camilla said. Lucine nodded. "We'll whip it out of them eventually" Lucine said, smiling. "So what are you two love birds talking about over here?" she quickly added, smirking and looking at her friend and Liam.

----
    Liam grinned bashfully at Lucine's remark before replying, feigining mild shock. "Lovebirds? Whatever do you mean, me and the beautiful Lady Camilla were merely discussing how she and Caleb were faring in Solitude." Liam smiled at Camilla before turning back to Lucine. "These are some green recruits. Thankfully, Aldis knows what he's doing in regards to tutoring people in the arts of war, though I question some of his methods." As soon as the Breton finished his sentence, his youngest sibling Henry walked into the training yard and began to spar with an opponent twice his size, using his speed to quickly trip the man up and force him to yield, Liam beaming with pride. "I taught him that move. Glad to see he still remembers some of the techniques he was taught when I lived back in Daggerfall. Funnily enough, whilst he's younger than Thierry and my cousin Christophe, Henry is easily the best warrior despite being fourteen.".

Smiling, Liam turned to Camilla and, with an almost seductive tone, whispered almost inaudibly to the young noblelady. "My lady, I know this is rather... Risqué, but I do believe everyone will be busy watching these duels. If you wish, perhaps I can show you your quarters in the Blue Palace?"

----

"Well Aldis is in charge of the guards and militia, but you also have me and my father to train them as well, the soldiers will be at their best when the time comes to use them" Lucine said. She watched Henry as he started sparing. She smirked as she watched her father bring Henry to a stalemate. "That tactic only works against those relying on their strength and using two-handed or no weapons, not so much polearms and sword and shield" she said.

Camilla smiled and looked at Liam. "Not very subtle, Liam. But I don't see why not, lead the way" she said. As she stood up and walked towards the Blue Palace, before stopping and looking at Liam. Caleb and Lucine look at both of them, Lucine smirking and Caleb giving a slightly untrusting look at Liam.

----

Liam led Camilla to the Blue Palace, noticing the almost amused look on Falk Firebeard's face as he brought hr the young noblewoman into the grand hall before giving her a small tour of the castle; the throne room, the kitchens, the famous Pelagius Wing and finally, the living quarters. "So, I believe this is where you will be staying for the duration you're here Lady Camilla. Hopefully, everything is... To your liking, so to speak.". With a small smile, the Breton tenderly placed a hand on Camilla's cheek and placed a small, chaste kiss upon her lips, before launching into a more passionate one as she reciprocated his actions, Liam leaning into her touch and holding onto her waist gently. He then broke the kiss and pulled away, breathless before speaking with a playful tone.

"So... I was wondering if perhaps you could teach me the arts of Dibella?"

With Liam busy inside the Blue Palace, Thierry had decided to walk into the training yards and watch the militia train, making his way to Lucine and raising an eyebrow almost suspiciously. "So... You and my brother are friends correct? Figures. He's always been prone to socialising with beautiful women."

----

"Acquaintances more so then friends right now" Lucine said, not looking up from her scimitar as she was honing the edge a bit more. "And I can tell, he just dragged Camilla off to the Palace, he's in for one hell of a few hours, let me tell you" she added, smirking and looking up at Thierry. "And I take it you are Thierry the brother, pleasure to meet you. I am Lucine Starseer" she said, putting her sword down and looking at the young man in front of her. He seemed pretty unremarkable to her, not that she was into men anyway. "He better not hurt Cami, or else" Caleb said, cracking his knuckles as he approached them. "And here we have Caleb, the highly protective cousin" Lucine said, chuckling softly.
    Last edited by Fox Xalian; 09-12-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Fantasy, Historical, Parody, Original
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Aura had nearly missed the caravans departing from the camp when they were leaving to make the last stretch towards Windhelm. She exited her tent and saw that nearly all of the people had gone, save for one last carriage trailing behind the others.

"W-wait!" Aura caught up to it and jumped in with some of Elisif's guards and servants, stepping on a few in the process. She smiled awkwardly and sat down on the floor of the carriage, "Heh... sorry. Is that food?" She asked, not waiting for an answer before snatching a food plate from one of the servants and shoveling in as much as she could, "So good!!!"

"What are you doing?!"

"The nerve!"

Elisif's men and maidservants yelled and protested, but they couldn't really do anything but that, knowing that Aura had been appointed personally by the Jarl for this trip. They eventually stopped griping at her and settled down. Aura didn't seem to mind either way. She was intoxicated by the taste of the food again. She quickly felt drowsy and fell asleep again, drooling on an unsuspecting guard in the process.

--

"Hey. Hey you. The carriage stopped. Get up!" A maidservant poked at Aura and pulled her out of the carriage into the snowy city of Windhelm.

"Hm?" Aura stumbled to her feet, hair tufted in all directions and eyes half closed, "Here..."

She stood there in a daze for a few moments, but then awoke to the hustle and bustle of the early nightlife of Windhelm. Scanning the area, she caught a glimpse of Elisif next to Starkad. She snickered to herself when she saw Elisif whisper something in Starkad's ear. Quickly, though, she had walked away into the place that, Aura assumed, they were all to stay. Aura headed inside and was told by one of the guards from their caravans that her room was down the hall and that she was sharing a room with Ali. Walking down the hall, she saw a maidservant slip a note under Elisif's door. She quirked a brow, but entered the room she had been assigned.

"We have same room," Aura saw Ali inside and then sat on the bed with a huff, "I slept whole trip...
    not tired..." she sighed, "Maybe will watch outside Elisif's door. Got funny feeling from maid slipping note under door. Fishy."

With that, she stood up again and opened the door, looking down the hall at Elisif's door. Now, there were two guards stationed outside of it. "Ah, taken care of. Guards stand lookout," Aura nodded with a smile, "What to do... what to do..." She mumbled in a bored tone, falling back on the bed at staring at the ceiling, "Uggghhh... so bored."

--
    Elisif was snapped out of her melancholic musings when a note slid under her door. She ran quickly to retrieve it. Opening it, she felt her heart rate increase. They were already watching her? What had they seen? She whispered profane word and crinkled up the note, throwing it to the ground. She scrambled for her key and locked the door, feeling her heart break a bit at the action. She had been silly for thinking Starkad would keep her company, anyway. It was also, apparently, a bad idea since she was already being tracked like a criminal.

She began feeling ill again, so she lay on her side on her bed. Tears welled up and stained her face as she fell asleep.
    https://i.imgur.com/cFZlNYP.png
    Awesome Signature set by Hayabusa

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast