Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: [M] Skyrim: Rise of the Stormcloaks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

All was silent in the Blue Palace as the Stormcloak captain held the Lady Elisif hostage on her throne, nobody daring to do a damn thing. It was practically empty in the great hall... Except it wasn't.

While everything was going on, nobody had noticed the tall, blond haired Breton knight dressed in the uniform of a Stormcloak, his face hidden by the typical helmet worn by most soldiers in Ulfric's army. Liam had been eyeing the captain in absolute fury, his hand clenched around the pale milky white blade known as Duty hanging on his belt so hard that his knuckles turned white as he stood directly behind the guard captain holding his employer hostage. "Come on, turn around... It only takes one quick move to screw up, you Talos worshipping bastard..."

------------------------
    Twenty minutes earlier

"By Akatosh you're a heavy fucker... Now, time to get in disguise." Liam was surprisingly calm considering everything that was happening at the time - Stormcloaks in the streets, people being killed and the Lady Elisif being trapped in the palace with Ulfric's boys. Deciding that he'd instantly be recognised if he simply walked into the Blue Palace, the Breton came up with a plan to try to save the courtiers of the Palace. As a result, he had knocked out the first lone Stormcloak he had seen and dragged the man to the basement where he had been hiding to change into the mans garb.

Putting the mans uniform on and hiding his distinctive blonde locks, Liam headed upstairsto the throne room upstairs and knocked another guard unconscious before seeing the scene laid before him - a guard holding the lady Elisif hostage with a sword at her neck. "Not on my watch. Not while I fucking breath." Heading up the staircase, the young knight placed himself directly behind the officer and waited for an opportunity.
    ------------------------
    The look of fear on the captains face when speaking to the Dark Elfs face was one Liam smiled at, sensing that his opportunity to strike was closing in. Slowly, Duty began to slide out of its leather sheath, the blade silently coming out of its scabbard before resting at its wielders side as the Knight of Solitude removed his helmet to reveal his face to the Jarl and get companions.

"Now or never..." With a rapid movement, Liam struck the man across his sword arm with Duty, sending it tumbling to the ground, dagger and all. As the mans screams echoed through the hall, the young knight followed up his second swing with a quick thrust to the throat, burying itself in the mans larynx and leaving him choking on his own blood. As the man died, Liam quickly went over to the Jarl and carefully held her by the shoulder, almost tenderly. "Your ladyship, are you alright? He can't hurt you now. Find somewhere safe while these bastards are dealt with, please." He proceeded to turn to the Dark Elf in the corner and nodded to her thankfully. "Thank you for the distraction - without it I never would have been able to get the captain. Please, see to it that Lady Elisif is safe while I hold the stairs for reinforcements to arrive?"

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ali looked slightly annoyed at being ordered around by this complete stranger. "Yeah, you're right without me clearing out downstairs with a Frenzy spell the group that was hired to do this would've had a harder time too" she said. "And who the hell do you think you are anyway, giving me orders?" she snapped at him, checking the dead Stormcloak captain. "Great now we can't get any info from him...." she added. "Not entirely true" Sybille said, holding up a black soul gem, smirking. "Boethia's will, you soul trapped him!" Ali said excitedly. "I can heal the body if you can find a way to put his soul back in" the first mate of the ship said, running over from where her and Raven had been hiding, waiting for their moment to strike at the Stormcloak captain. "And you are?" Ali asked, looking at the high elf woman. "Alendria, first mate to Swims-through-Ice, and friend of Lucine and her sisters" Alendria replied. "Ah, nice to meet you" Ali said. Alendria used a healing spell to heal the wounds on the Stormcloak captain and Ali grabbed the black soul gem.

A few seconds later Lucine, Amber, Adra and the rest of the team came through the door, only to find Ali, Alendria and Liam standing over the dead captain. "Okay what the hell happened here? And who the hell is this?!" Lucine said, raising the visor of her helmet. "He's the reason the captain is dead, and we don't even know who he is, but he's been throwing orders around like he's Elisif's lover or something" Ali said. Lucine simply put her sword back in it's scabbard, rested her shield against the banister of the stairs and walked up to Jarl Elisif, helping her up. "M'lady, we were sent by Raven to protect you" Lucine said, bowing slightly. "I am Lucine Starseer, Knight General of the newly formed Solitude Vanguard, and oldest daughter of House Starseer, a noble house from along the High Rock-Hammerfell border, and formerly the northern parts of Valenwood. My companions are Adra'liana and Amber-Lee Starseer, my own sisters, Ali'andra Drel, ashkhan of the New Zainib ashlander camp, and Starkad Long-Fang" she said. "When she says oldest, she means by 10 and 30 minutes, since we're triplets" Adra said.

Amber and Ali were busy discussing how to get the soul back into the Stormcloak captain, and after a few minutes they saw to the body being removed and helped with the clean-up, and the repairs to the doors that had been unrelentingly forced off their hinges during the battle. Lucine stood guard near Elisif, her helmet removed and sitting on a table near her where her shield sat. Amber walked over to Starkad. "Come on, let's go fetch Mara" she said.
    Last edited by Fox Xalian; 05-22-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval Fantasy, Apocalyptic, War, Zombies
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Talon eyed the Knight, annoyed with his arrogance. "It wasn't a distraction. It was the truth; there was a plan in motion, and your actions nearly made it worthless. And for that, I nearly feel sorry for you."

Wraith stood, his ice-like eyes at odds with the searing white-hot anger that coursed through his veins, belied only by his hands flexing on the handles of his weapons. Looking across the room at the young knight that had stolen a kill meant to be his own, he couldn't stop himself from twirling his dagger between his fingers, releasing his agitated energy. A Knight, huh? He could've gotten Elisif killed! he thought as he began walking towards him, ignoring the protective guards who'd surrounded Elisif after the Stormcloak Captain's death. Sheathing his sword as he reached the young man, he back-handed the youth furiously, causing the guards to draw their weapons.

"Shit." Talon said, drawing her own weapons in her master's defense. "Nobody make a move!" she shouted at the guards, hoping her position granted to her by Elisif would make them obey.

"You stupid, ignorant pup! What were you thinking?!" Wraith asked with a low tone, his face inches away. "Your actions could've killed her! Did you think this was a game? A chance to prove your worth? Because if so, you've only proven that your own arrogance is worth more than your oath to protect your own liege!"

Turning away without giving the man a chance to respond, the Assassin stalked over to the mages currently discussing resurrecting the Stormcloak Captain. Taking a moment to listen, he waited for a chance to speak. "Can this actually be done?" he asked, tempering his fury to ask them calmly.
    Last edited by Rayne7; 05-22-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    "Tragedy and adversity are the stones upon which we sharpen our swords so that we may fight new battles."- Simi in Infinity, by Sherrylin Kenyon

Wanna wear a suit, carry a gun, and be a part of a family? Join the mafia!
    http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65717

(Thanks to Naraness for the Sig)

A Storm Is Coming
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

While their little incursion was not particularly surgical in its execution, the shock and awe of such a sudden and violent assault on one of the most fortified structure in the Hold seemed to have caught the guard with their breeches about their ankles and their cocks in their hands, metaphorically or otherwise. In the wake of the assault, Starkad sat atop the stairway to the grand hall, a sullen eye drinking in his handiwork.

Starkad kept reliving the moment his Shout tore through the air like a clap of thunder, making his own ears ring. He recalled with crystalline clarity how the iron-banded doors of the Blue Palace became pliant as virgin flesh; bending, moaning, screaming, and ultimately opening against the overwhelming force of undeniable entry. Now cooling, the palace guards lay dashed against the carved stairs of the palace foyer in congealing black pools of their own making. Like Starkad, they all wore their storm-cloaks, and like Starkad, the blue was black with the price of slaughter. Sitting atop the polished granite steps, Starkad gazed down upon them all – like so many broken jugs of wine. Etched upon their skin, Starkad saw honorific tattoos, bragging deed and service. He counted at least three served beside Starkad in the war, making them shield-brothers. Yet, Starkad remembered not their names, hardly even their faces. He saw only the hyena-grins of the five sardonic, demoniac phantoms that invaded his home and did what they did. It was a broad brush of inhuman hatred with which Starkad painted the rest of the Stormcloaks thereafter, and it wasn't until Long-Fang tasted blood again that he truly felt that hellish fire in his veins, a rage that burned away pain and doubt and fear. Stronger the skooma and more bitter than the Sea of Ghosts.

On his hither side, Starkad heard his name invoked. Breaking from his grim reverie, the Nord ceased the absent cleansing of the watered steel to behold Amber, the mighty sorcerer. Faintly, a smile flickered on his bloodied lips, and Starkad nodded. Returning Long-Fang to its scabbard, Starkad slung it over his back on its baldric of braided leather. Grunting tightly as he stood, Starkad winced at the encroaching phantom pains that his waning fury could no longer subdue.

"Aye, though I would wash myself, first and foremost. I do not wish for my daughter to see me in such a way," said Starkad in a low rasp, descending the stairs with a limp he surely did not begin his day with. "I am sure Elisif can forgive the use of the royal baths, aye?" Chuckled the bloodied reaver.
    Last edited by StormWolf; 05-22-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denraven
    It's longer and whiter than mine.

"The bullshit stops when the hammer drops" Viking proverb

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789