Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Skyrim: Rise of the Stormcloaks

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Amber smiled as she watched Mara's enthusiasm for the new weapons. She climbed onto the side of the cart, bending over the side of it she grabbed the book to note down how much they had made, and placed the gold into the chest, she quickly slid back down and turned around as Starkad offered to repay her kindness. "And what did you have in mind, good sir?" she asked, the air about her changing from friendly to slightly regal, although a slight giggle showed she may have been putting it on slightly, possibly.

Lucine pretended to look shocked. "You insinuate the daughter of a Redguard tactician and sword dancer would only be a little bit experienced in some of these weapons?" she asked, smiling. "To be honest I am good with one-handed swords, like my mother and father, but two-handed swords, axes and maces are not my strong suits. Don't get me wrong if it came to it I could use any one-handed weapon well enough but swords are where I shine" she said, looking at the backswords he was studying. "Those backswords are, if tales are to be believed, the weapons of an old vampire assassin from the 2nd era, around the time of Molag Bal's attempt to combine our realm with Coldharbour, and the rubies contain the blood of his first, and last victims. But those are just stories told to drum up the price. Right" she said, smiling a bit.

Adra tilted her head and watched as the strange elf woman stripped herself off, as with most people in this area she didn't wear any regular clothes, or a padded gambeson, under her armour. She averted her eyes to study the strange armour. "Looks to be moonstone and steel....gold accents....definitely elven...almost ancient Aldmeri or Alyeid..." she said, mostly to herself. Lucine looked around the side of the cart at the armour. "If you're right then it would be worth a pretty septim, elven armour alone can fetch upwards of 15 septims just for the boots and sabatons alone" she said. Adra nodded and moved to the money chest and came back with a pouch of gold. "50 septims in total then?" she inquired. Lucine nodded and proceeded to see if she had anything she could give the near naked elf woman for clothes, if not just for warmth in this part of Skyrim.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval Fantasy, Apocalyptic, War, Zombies
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Shaking his head at the strange young elf, Wraith turned his attention to the Redguard addressing him in regard to the Backswords. Giving her a look-over, he deduced that she knew plenty when it came to weapons, especially if her claims were true. Returning his attention to the weapons, he listened to her description of the weapons history with amusement, evidenced by his chuckle at the end of it. Only I would choose blades made famous by an assassin, he thought wryly.

"Well I'd certainly be interested in purchasing them. Pretty good quality, finely made. I think they'll do quite nicely." Looking to the Nord who's daughter was looking with admiration at a rapier and glass dagger, he smiled. "I do know of a someone who might be interested in your services, if you're available." he said, turning back to the Redguard. "Warriors such as yourselves are a cut above the average mercenaries that can be found around here. You're smart enough to bring together a troop such as this, start an official business to sell the spoils...that shows a great deal of thought. That's something I think my employer could appreciate."

Fantasy, Historical, Parody, Original
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

After shedding the armor, another dissapointing sum was said to Aura. "50?" She asked, letting out a sigh and then thinking for a moment, "Okay, yes." She took the gold and left the body armor and gauntlets, but kept the boots since that was all she had to cover her feet.
    She put the septims in a coin purse and stuffed it in her boot since they were quite roomy (having been made to fit a man's feet.)

She looked over at the two men. The one that had tried to speak with her smelt strange. Like various body fluids. Mostly strongly she smelt vomit. That was odd. Maybe he was ill? There was also a very feint smell of blood if she focused hard enough.

She was about to mention something to the effect of, 'Why do you stink?', when her senses caught wind of something else. Her eyes widened and she readyed her bow.

"They follow me..." She said. And, knowing that there was no point in running at this point, she charged towards seemingly nothing. After about a quarter mile of sprinting she came upon her hunters. The Falmer. They needed her back if they were ever to return to the surface.

With an arrow ready, she stopped short of charging into them, "I'm not returning! You can't make me stay with that man!" She shouted in the Falmer tongue, ready to shoot an arrow the moment they decided to try and subdue her.

A heavy armor clad Falmor Warmonger stepped forward, shield and sword in hand, knowing exactly where she stood despite being blind. "If you return to us now, we can take back Skyrim and avenge our people! Your birth proves that it is time! You are the Rebirth of the Snow Elves! Accept it!"
    "I-- I don't care. Our people lost a war eras ago. A war I had nothing to do with. Why should I have to lead an effort to take back Skyrim? Maybe we can live in peace without wiping out everything but us?" She replied, regripping her bow as she held the arrow taught in it. Suddenly, about 20 more Falmer of all types appeared behind the Warmonger.

"This is your last chance to retun peacefully." He pointed his sword at her, "Come back with us, Queen of Snow elves!"

"No." She released an arrow and it headed straight for the Warmonger's heart, but he was quick and covered his chest with his shield.

"Charge!" He shouted, commanding all the Falmer to attack and subdue her.

She picked off a couple of Falmer off the sides with swift accuracy of the bow. Her eyes filled with tears, for she recognized the very ones she had killed. Friends she had grown up with.

Scrambling for a way to slow them down, she dropped her bow and ran the other way, putting up an ice cloak around her. After she gained a little distance, she shot several ice storms at the band of Falmer. It seemed to slow them down a little, but they were unrelenting, it seemed. They had resistance to cold, so the fact that they had frozen feet only irritated them.

Swiftly, she redrew her bow, readying several arrows at once to rain down in a storm over the whole band of Falmer. She took out 3 more, but they were gaining on her again. She had to run now. She turned and sprinted back the way she had come, hoping that the people she had been talking to earlier were very skilled in combat.

"Falmer!" She shouted, knowing the word for them in the Nordic tongue, "Fight or run!"

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

In the time the elf-girl had loosed her first arrow, Starkad's axe was in hand, his body between Mara and the Falmer that scurried through the gates. A growl tore from Starkad's throat, baring teeth in a wild-man's snarl as the sickly-skinned savages charged into Dragon Bridge. They had come from nowhere, shouting nonsense in their mother-tongue, saying something that spurned the odd elf-girl into a fury.

"Mara! Get to the inn and bar yourself in a room! I'll come for you!" Starkad bellowed. Mara trembled like an autumn leaf, her finger's like needles as they gripped his arm. "Mara, go!" Starkad rounded on his daughter, his eye wide, swimming with battle-fury. Mara's breath caught in a strangled cry, then ran for the inn. Turning, Starkad met an oncoming Falmer with his war axe. Blocking with the haft, crashing a swing against his foe's shield, stepping back to avoid a whistling sword-swing. The Falmer swung again, eager and greedy, but found his jagged sword caught by the beard of Starkad's axe. Starkad stiffened his arm, and the Falmer couldn't free himself before Starkad's scarred hand clutched the Falmer's throat. No longer was the Falmer able to draw breath as blood welled in his mouth and trickled to his belly. Falling in a heap with a yawning wound in place of his throat, the Falmer's failing heart made a puddle of blood-mud at the Nord's feet.

"Come then, you greasy knife-eared cunts..." Starkad growled at the three that formed a measly half circle in front of him, casting the ragged larynx of their comrade at their feet. Two hesitated, but one was brave and foolish enough to lunge alone. Nord steel screamed through the air and tasted elfin brains, cleaving the skull to the teeth, eyes nearly bulged from their sockets. A Falmer blade whistled for Starkad's flank, and he twisted to avoid the worst of it. Scarlet agony burst through the Nord's side like fire, a warm haematic sheet trickling down beneath his clothes. Leaving his axe where it preferred, Starkad drew his hunting knife, making a home for it in the wet hole that once held the Falmer's eye.

The third was on him, mace raised high and eager to meet Starkad's face. Eye wide, Starkad shouted in defiance and denial. Mace flying from hand, the Falmer knew a brief moment of icy fear in her belly, then unbridled terror as the Ice Wolf's mighty hands squeeze the life from her. He watched her eyes go lazy, swim with red as vessels ruptured, then glass over. Dropping her like rubbish, Starkad retrieved his axe from the cooling Falmer brain and faced yet a score more.

"Come then!" Starkad shouted his challenge, shrugging out of his cloak and bloodied furs. Splaying his arms wide, Starkad showcased the crawling tapestry of his arms; stalking sabercats, running wolves, rampaging dragons, twisting knots of the oldest oaks. Starkad pounded a fist at his wound, stirring his battle-fury. An inhuman howl tore from Starkad's lips, the bloodied yell of the Ice Wolf that once made keeps tremble to their foundation.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

The triplets sprung into action. Lucine grabbed her shield, a large rectangular shield, similar to the old Legion shields, but with no discernible markings on it, and her sword, a scimitar. SHe moved up with Starkad, her shield raised as a Falmer arrow struck it. "Adra we need archer support, Amber summon something up to help Adra!" she shouted. Adra had already made her way onto the roof of the inn by this point. She focused and loosed three arrows, one hitting a Falmer square in the chest, another got blocked by a shield, and the third managed to hit a Falmer archer in the hand it was holding it's bow in. Amber summoned up two Bonemen, spectral skeletal archers usually found in the Soul Cairn, beside Adra, they started firing at the attacking Falmer. Amber quickly went into the inn and prepared her biggest summoning spell, she knew she would be the last line of defense should the others fall.

Lucine shoved two Falmer back with her shield before slicing through the neck of one and slashing the torso of the other as it lay on the ground trying to recover from being knocked over. She then saw movement to her right, a Falmer had managed to get behind Starkad, she quickly grabbed a throwing knife and pegged it right at the Falmer, causing it to cry out and stumble back; Lucine then charged it, knocking it off the cliff and to it's death. She then moved up beside Starkad and stood her ground from the Falmer archers raining arrows onto them. Adra and the summoned archers did thier best to target the archers, but trees and boulders hampered their efforts. "Someone needs to get behind them!" Lucine shouted behind her, hoping someone behind them could do it. She looked the Falmer Warmonger dead in his eyes, or rather where his eyes should've been. "You're mine, you bastard" she growled.

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A shout drew Wraith's attention just as the Falmar burst into view, chasing the elf that he had spoken to only minutes ago. Seeing the others spring into action, he quickly snatched up the backswords and cast an invisibility spell. Hearing the archer shout, he took off behind the enemy, circling them before rushing two of the archers and ran them both through from behind, pinning their corpses to the ground.

Standing, he rose and deflected the blade of another Falmer, using the other blade to slash the throat of a second one, then drove his shoulder into the first to cause it to stagger just as he stabbed it through the chest. Without a word, he strode forward, activating his Ancestor's Wrath ability to cloak his body with flame. A Falmer rushed at him, slashing wildly, making Wraith dance to the side, raising his swords to deflect the slashes from both sides for a few moments before slapping both blades to the side and stabbing it in the abdomen, tearing the blade out of it's side.

Turning, he dodged to the side as two archers fired their arrows, one gouging the side of his neck as he rose from his roll. Throwing one of the swords like a spear, he drew one of his ebony axes and charged, cleaving into the neck of the first archer with his axe and turning the corpse to take an arrow from the second. Tossing the body aside, he swung his sword only to be blocked by the bow, then followed with a strike from his axe which he used to hook around the bow and pull it from the Falmer's grip even as his sword stabbed through it's throat.

Just as Wraith retrieved his thrown sword a roaring filled the air, making him leap aside just as an ice-spear struck where he had been standing. Looking back, he saw a Falmer Shadowmaster leering at him with a sword weaving in it's hand, magic in the other, an Ice cloak shifting around it's body. A smile graced Wraith's lips as he readied himself. The Shadowmaster feinted a charge, then used a frost-wall spell to slow down Wraith. Rolling forward inside the reach of the spell, Wraith stabbed at the Falmer's knee only to be deflected by the creature's blade. It laughed as it turned it's spell towards him, only to find the spell no longer in it's hand. Looking down, it saw Wraith's blade buried to the hilt from between it's legs up into it's torso. Even as it watched, blood flowed from the wound freely before the assassin gave the blade a wicked twist and withdrew the blade with a savage grin.

Pale eyes watched the body fall before Wraith turned invisible yet again, only to reappear behind another archer, cutting it's throat. Looking around, the assassin searched for his next victim, a smile upon his lips and his blades drenched in blood.
    Last edited by Rayne7; 01-16-2017 at 04:30 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Aura was able to gain some distance thanks to these strangers. Of course, anyone would be ready to defend himself against the Falmer-- or any threat-- it felt good to feel like she was being protected.

She scanned the area for the Warmonger. He appeared to be distracted, confused, and angry. She took aim, being careful to keep her new teammates out of the line of fire. With beauty, grace, and strength, she pulled back her killshot, locking on to the Falmer who was once her friend. "Auri-El guide my shot and give it strength." She pleaded to the deity of her true race, letting the arrow fly.

The Warmonger started to turn, hearing the arrow slice the air. By the time he did, the arrow punctured straight through his hardened helmet to his skull and into his brain. He fell into the snow, lifeless.

About that time, all the other Falmer had been taken down. Aura lowered her bow, continuing to hold it since she was no longer wearing armor that had a place for it to hang on her back. She took a deep breath and exhaled. She wasn't used to actually being in life threatening situations and here she was, almost being killed twice in one day. Well, the Falmer probably wouldn't have killed her on purpose. She was too valuable. But, they were notorious for getting caught up in their anger and they might have slaughtered her in the moment.

After a moment, she began to descend the little hill she had run up to get a clear shot before. As she walked down, her ice cloak faded. She felt awkward now, not sure if she should just move on or thank these people. She supposed she would return to the caravan they had been hovering around before the brief battle started.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Seeing the end of the battle Lucine and Adra walked back to the inn, Lucine placing her shield back in it's holder on the carriage and Adra climbing back onto the back to find the weapon maintenance kits. Lucine then walked into the inn and up to Amber. "We're clear" she said, smiling. Amber nodded and cancelled her spell and went around the rooms knocking on the doors to give the all clear. She took Mara by the hand when the girl came out of her hiding place and led her to the front door. "Your father should be around any moment now" she said, smiling warmly.

Lucine took stock of what they had left and noticed the backswords were gone, seeing Wraith had them she walked up to them. "I guess I could see that as testing them out before deciding if you wanted to buy them. So what was that employment offer you mentioned before that little warm-up we just had? And who is your employer?" she asked.

Adra was simply sitting in the carriage near the strange elf girl, seeing to her own bow before checking on Lucine's sword. "So what is your name" she said simply, not looking up from what she was doing but obviously talking to the strange elf girl.

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Aura watched the little band of ladies disband, going in different directions. One, however, a darker skinned, round faced Bosmer, took a seat on the caravan again. Now, she was trying to make small talk. Aura studied her for a moment, slightly confused about how she looked like three different races. She smiled, figuring that a lot of the people of Skyrim must not be so prejuidiced as she was taught by the Falmer. Feeling a small amount of kinship with this woman, she sat on the edge of the caravan, dangling her feet like a child.

"Name is Aura. Like, Auri-El. But, Aura." She nodded happily. Surely all other people knew who Auri-El was and gave him due honor. She didn't realize that it might reveal that she was something other than a strangely skinned Altmer. "Thank you for helping me!" She managed a fully understandable sentence that she had strung together in her own head. She was happy about how nice it sounded compared to how she had been speaking before.

"You look... not like... most Elf." She went back to struggling to find the words and the small amount of frustration dampened her cheerful 'I've made a friend' demeanor from a moment ago. "What... is... Your name?"

The little words that went in between the words you really wanted to say seemed to be the most confusing to Aura. "Sorry. My Nordic are not good. Um... is not good."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Looking around at the dead Falmer, Wraith was deep in thought when Lucine approached him and mentioned the blades before asking about the employment offer he'd spoken of earlier. Pulling a piece of cloth from one of the bodies, he used it to wipe down the swords, observing them closely. He'd felt a bit of a tingling sensation in his neck wound during the fight, only now it was closed, and he was positive it was an enchantment on the swords.

"Sorry about that. Having them already in hand just made it more convenient to use them rather than draw another weapon." he said, then pulled a coinpurse from a pouch on his belt and tossed it to Lucine. "That, plus the sword's weight in gold. And if you're willing to travel tomorrow, I'll do you one better than telling you about my employer, I'll take you to meet them. Besides, even if you say no, business in Solitude will be good."

Glancing at the sky and noting it was getting late, he grunted. "Does that sound agreeable to you?"

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast