Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Never-Ending Conquest (IC]

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default [M] Never-Ending Conquest (IC]

Rated M for mature. May contain scenes of graphic violence, political tensions, cursing, sexual references, suicide, and dark concepts.

OOC Thread

In the minds of mortals there are great goals that they live their entire lives seeking to fulfill. It is common for mortals to desire love, to lust after fame and fortune, to chase after secrets, and to wish to see everlasting peace. Often enough what should end with a valued life of happiness ends in only misery and suffering for the world. War can be rooted in hatred, in ignorance, in a blood lust seated in the throne of cruelty, but just the same it can be born of such good intent. It appears no matter the means or intent, battle will always persist in the world of mortals.

The Western Empire, a land grabbing imperial power from the North, further pushes South seeking to take in new provinces which can then feed into the giant beast of a nation. Its Emperor undeterred by the legends of the South, unfettered by the heroes that claim the lands as their homes, and unmoved by the loss of life that was going to come. It only took the will of one man to start, just one man was the catalyst for what would turn out to be one of the bloodiest wars the world of mortals would see.

To the Northwest the Barbarian clans gather prepared to take back what was once theirs. In the Empire's bid for the South they pushed out any that resisted their sovereignty. With a grudge to claim the Barbarians wasted no time in gathering their hordes, ready to show the Empire that it was unwise to tear people from their homelands.

To the North East the Two Hundred Year War had finally come to an end with the Five Princes of the Five Kingdoms signing treaties and forming an alliance. With their hands freed it dawned upon them that the Empire was growing to be too great a threat for them to challenge alone. With imperials encroaching on their borders those of Dong, Nan, Xi, Bei, and Hexin merged together into a grand army of the united states.

In the center of the White Sea in the lands of Mersus the Deathborne of the islands had been building up a civilization. Untouched for centuries, they had grown quite a deal. Their holy leader, the Prophet and Archlich Koryza rallied her subjects into a crusade seeking to bring the entire world of mortals into the eternal afterlife with them. To them the living were suffering from mortality, and needed to be saved. The Deathborne viewed them not as enemies, but as resistant sinners who must be purged of life so they may enjoy eternal bliss.

At the Southwestern corner of the area a great power emerged. Demons from some hellish world came and destroyed kingdoms only to reforge them under a new banner. These chaotic and vile entities seek to conquer the world, offering whatever one desires should they become a part of the Destruin society. Without hesitation the Destruin have taken to offense, aggressively pushing out and claiming land wherever possible.

To the South in the Southern Kingdoms hastily treaties and alliances are signed. While within them all a hatred burns for one another, with the threats rising all around them the monarchs wisely decide to call a truce and band together. They join their armies, begrudgingly marching with one another to gather their collective strength and use it to hold what they have and survive the coming war. To help keep a unified force under control they elect one of the monarchs to act as the High Monarch, with the victor being King Richgarde of Tidren.

But the war looming did not escape the gaze of the Southern Dominion. A land rife with internal conflict and squabbles. Always ones to seize opportunities, the many governors held council and elected to go to war to see just how much land, gold, and power they could steal from the many nations fighting one another.

All had their reasons to fight, all reacted to the words of the Emperor. But none were prepared for the cost that would come with it all.

Spoiler: Battle of Faali Shrine - Arael Zandramas 

Spoiler: Skirmish of Dahaljurg - Dreskaros 

Spoiler: 2nd Battle of Fort Eastguard - Bellmont Redblood 

Spoiler: The Assassination of Marquis Philandouil - Khanna Saree 

Spoiler: Battle of Fort Schwarztoteh - Kenna 

Spoiler: The Battle of Giu Sotto City - Destrin Verrux 
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Khanna scanned the surroundings of the manor again before addressing her unit. "Here is what we shall do. There will be two entry points." Khanna faced the assassin. "First, you shall head for the eastern wall and scale it, avoiding the eyes of the guard on the tower and guards patrolling the walls. Be sure to watch for an opening before attempting to climb. You will then make your way across the garden, using the cover of night and any foliage you may come across, and finally reach the balcony to where our target will most likely be. As for me..." Khanna took off her cloak, laid it on the ground, and pointed down at main gate. "I shall make contact with our 'informant' that is delivering the wine before he reaches the gate. I will hide in one of the barrels and pass through. I will be taken to the cellar no doubt, so it shall take me some time before I will be able to reach the top floor, where the assassin and I will converge and cover any potential escape of the target."

Khanna turned toward the archers. "Each of you, fan out and surround the parameter. Pick a section to cover and watch all movement. You are to cover us during the mission and when we escape. Be sure to signal the others and us if possible if anything does not seem right. Make the sound of an owl as a signal."

Khanna finally addressed the warriors. "You all shall hide within the brushes a distance away from the main gate, be sure to stay low and hidden. If the alarm has been rung and you see alarmed movement among the guards then most likely one of us was discovered. You are to attack the guards at the main gate, acting as a diversion for me and the assassin to escape. Once we have emerged from the manor, you are to immediately cease your attack and retreat. If only one of us has escaped, you are to retreat if the other has not emerged for some time. If neither me or the assassin has emerged from the manor for longer than expected when the alarm has rung, you are to retreat."

Khanna examined her unit, seeing the rough determined eyes of each she came to admire. "That is what we shall do. I have faith in your abilities. May your sword break armor and your aim be true." She then looked up at the moon. "ham chaand ko dekhane"

"aur yah aapako dekhata hai" The soldiers responded. And with that, Khanna and her unit set off to carry out the mission.

This blade of mine will shed blood this night.
    Last edited by cashpop; 12-03-2016 at 11:12 AM. Reason: slight grammar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Belmont lurched over the table with both hands firmly placed on the side, studying the map and marking out every intrinsic detail of the fortifications. It was going to be a tough fight, pared with the information from his scout's of a thousand man force approaching, they were at a five to one disadvantage. Heavily outnumbered, but they had the fort and a garrison of troop's to help. They would prove useful to some extent though what that was had yet to be determined.

He sighed, then looked up to his officer's, his gaze moving over them before he returned to an upright position. "Were outnumbered five to one and in a crumbling fort. Since we cannot rely on numbers, we must rely on tactics, strategy and the training of the troop's."

He paused for a moment to let his words sink in before glancing down at the maps again then back up to them. "In a situation like this, a weakened position requires an unorthodox strategy to survive. We will not kill them all. Instead, we will force their commander to retreat. Now, I have heard that the leader 'might' be the Shogun of the Five Kingdoms, but with a force that small, they are likely here to probe the defenses and take the fort for a larger army if the defenses are weak. Which means we are not left with many choices other than to inflict enough casualties to force the commander to recall his forces and consolidate for a larger attack or we destroy the fort, preventing the enemy from acquiring a strategic foothold into the Empire."

He would reach under the skirt of his longcoat to pull out the blade from the sheath attached to his thigh and placing the tip aimed at the map's, would begin to outline troop deployment, strategy and position.

"There is only one way to the fort and its through the mountain pass way far out near the contested border zone. They most likely have an outpost set up to maintain watch for any approaching Imperials but its also a lightly fortified base lightly, made of wood. Its an excellent spot that I would place an outpost and likely if I am a betting man, my supplies for the army too. We send my elite scouts and with blades, flint and steel, they will set fire to the outpost and supply depot and kill a number of the enemy's on their way out under the cover of night. The enemy commander will assume that an enemy force ambushed their rear guard and once they see their supplies are nothing but ash, they will turn heel and run, effectively routing them. Our primary strategy though will be to cause enough casualties to force the enemy back should the plan to burn their outpost fail. I will want arbalests and my riflemen on the wall's and in the towers. Lets also get some Ballista siege weapons up on the towers and the stable parts of the walls but assign some of my men the stations. They have better aim then whatever inexperienced men the previous commander didn't take to the afterlife with him."

It was a bad joke, Belmont's gaze shifting up only for a moment to notice the nervous coughs about the other officers before returning to his strategy's.

"Moving on. . ." He coughed, his gaze moving back downward. "Tell your men to abandon repairing the walls and digging trenches. Fill the trenches with pitch and when they get close enough that they can mount siege ladders to the walls, ignite them. It will keep them at bay and since the pitch will burn for hours and funnel them through to the main gate. I want that gate to be fortified with triple the amount of wood beams so that they cant knock it over short of using the cannon's that they are bringing along. . . and as for the cannons, I know for a fact that they cant be aimed higher than several feet over their position and despite their long range, they have a terrible drop off rate. They have the low ground, so they will need to get close for the cannons to be effective, which means they have to trek it through plains. Plains that are likely muddy with rain, blood and piss from people that have already died here. Therefore I want all trebuchets deployed to the hills and plains behind us to shell the field. Use this map here." He said as he pointed his blade to a rolled up map to the right edge of the table.

"This will be where I want all the siege weapons deployed in the fields. We only have four Trebuchet's so they dont need to be heavily guarded but once we start shelling them at a range they will send Calvary to rush us while the infantry will most likely be committed to the gates. I want spike ramparts on the front and sides of the siege weapons and two Ballista mounts in front of them to deter the riders from a forward assault. I also want two full platoon's of my riflemen and a single platoon of legionaries set to guard the weapons, split up evenly across the four weapons while everyone else is concentrated and in the walls, ready to fight when the enemy army gets here."

He took a step back, letting the commanders absorb the information and orders for a moment while he sheathed his blade back in the holster under the skirt of his coat.

"I have called for the rest of my personal troop's and reinforcements to come. I do not know when, but they assured me an army of thousands will be here once they can properly rally and marshal enough troop's to route this army if they truly intend to siege us. For now, we use what we have, rely on our skills and strategy's then pray to the god's we live long enough to see them reinforce our position."

He sighed, rolling his neck and shoulders as if he was stretching.

"For now, I will retire to observe other field reports and update our strategy if needed. All of you have your orders so see to it that the preparations are made before the enemy army is at the gates." As he began to walk and opened the door almost halfway, he turned and said to them one last parting remark. "And cut the bodys of the dead down too. Give their weapons and outfits to the scouts, they can probably use the disguises if they are not covered in blood." And with that he stepped out of the war room and back into the larger area of the fortress.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Destrin studied the map with a disinterested eye. He was fairly infamous for seeming not to give much of a rat's ass about the actual workings of the larger battle--Something that irritated tacticians to no end--But it seemed like he was operating to a greater plan, just not one he felt like keying anyone else in on--anyone else except, of course, for his own soldiers. The two nobles sat there, one about to piss himself, and the other spewing piss out his mouth. Making up for his own fear, probably. Destrin didn't care--He lived for the fight. Defensive battles were his forte, as well, given his previous job.
    "Oi. Both of you, it's just another enemy with blood an' guts. Just 'cause we 'aven't seen his, doesn't mean we won't be spillin' it tonight. An' don't you go thinkin' about failure--I don't care if you have ta rip out yer own spine an' kill 'em wit it. Killin' 'im 'ere and now'll give us the whole damned theater o' war."
    He wasn't saying anything they didn't know, of course, but the man was getting the impression they were needing someone who actually fought a fight or two to tell them what was up. Peasants were far better about their opinions that nobles were, of course--And less likely to pretend they understood what was at stake. They had their superstitions, of course, but they were blatantly ignorant, at least. "Aanyway, I'm imaginin' we'll have plenty o' cowards willin' to set up an' play support. I plan on bein' more aggressive. Knights plan on harassment, yeah? Well then, I got a bit of a plan in mind. I'll need one o' those fancy mangonels yeh have." He made a lazy gesture to the map, leaning forward just enough to point out a patch of land nearby to the hills pointed out--Closer to the city, yet far away enough from the walls to give it an angle, and most importantly, with a gentle slope and a minor copse of trees. "Ah'll have some men set up some nets, put somethin' on 'em. Thinkin' fish, mayhaps. Stop the arrows with that. Set up with a couple o' trenches, an' use the dirt ta' create a nice, flat area. Enough for...Say, four mangonels. Don't ask me where I'm gettin' three more, but bring me good men ta' load 'em, too. And lots o' ammo. Anyway, set up those trenches--" He was now gesturing to the front of the slope, "layer in tha pikemen an' the militia musketmen, if we have any of 'em, if not, our better muskets--Anyway, we'll 'ave 'em pepperin' the demons when they try an' go for the fortification. Give our lovely lil' knights a golden opportunity ta' cut down some demon bastards, an' will keep 'em at bay for a while.

Finally, he pointed to behind the sloped area, "Mercenaries'll be kept behind tha hill, when the demons figure out how ta' close the distance, we can flank 'em with the mercs, an' pincer 'em in. Mangonels can fire 'till they're outta ammo, and jus' like that--We'll pull back." He leaned back now, and watched the men. Before they could give any sort of response, however, one of his mercenary captains walked in--Another bloody mercenary captain. He was just wishing these arseholes would be allowed to run their own damned companies so they'd get off his back, but alas--The nobility seemed to think that winning a fight or two was worth saddling a man with soldiers. They only really slowed Destrin down.

"Anyway, ah'll run outta ammo eventually, so I need a way back into the walls." He looked to the two nobles before him, "So I'm goin' ta need some sorta plan fer hightailin' it back in through a side gate." Quite frankly, he wasn't certain they'd bite. More likely than not, they'd cite things like how the plan was 'suicidal' and 'unfeasible' and how mangonels were 'too expensive for a mere soldier like himself to possibly attain.' You know. The small shit.

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Another day, so far nothing. Kenna had little to do, much like the rest of her fellow war band. They were stuffed in this old wooden death trap waiting for either an invasion, or new orders that would likely never come. Still not having much to do was good for moral. Though Kenna was pretty sure this was still some form of punishment.

While she was out walking Kenna noticed a disturbance, and very clearly heard some messenger calling for her, or rather the commander of this garrison, Kenna could already imagine the shock on the rider's face when they first saw her, assuming the rumor about her size and shape had not spread around.

Scampering quickly to her place (marked by her hammer) Kenna climbed up onto the stool and stood there waiting, normally she stood on the table to be at roughly head height with the men but she felt some formal manners were needed here.

Upon receiving the rider, and her message Kenna sat down, making her hair hardly appear above the table, she scratched her chin for a second and closed her eyes in thought. Though in truth her mind was probably made up.

"I once lost my home to the Empire, then I lost everything else to them. I understand that fear you feel, I know more deeply what those bastards are willing to do to your home than perhaps anyone else in this fractured half assed warband they call an alliance."

Kenna then hopped up on the table, her full three foot two inch height hardly tall enough to look the rider in the face.

"You get some rest and take meal shield sister, throw off your weariness of your journey. For soon you shall have another."

Kenna then looked around to all those gathered.
    "And soon shield brothers we all shall have journey, Gather your armor, sharpen your axes, shod your horses, and take whatever prayer and ritual you choose. Tomorrow at dawn we ride to WAR!"
    Kenna shouted her last word before turning to the nearest soldier.
    "Sound the call to arms, let all here know that they are to prepare now, we will waste no time in the morn, haste is needed but it is unwise to leave unprepared."

Kenna then jumped down from her table and hefted her hammer. Then like one who has not eaten for a week but is suddenly presented with food she dashed off to arm herself, she was not wearing her plates, and she would need them in the coming battles, she would need all the armor she could handle to bring the empire to her level. All about her she saw her men, and as she hustled along she called.

"To war, to war! Brothers to war! gird thy armor, lift they sword! To ruin and death, we ride to war! for honor and glory, for hearth and home, We come with fire, we come with Doom! To war now brothers, to war we ride! Up! Awake, to war we make! With dawn's first light we make for sea, our foes are stron yet so are we! To war, to war! Brothers to War!!"

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

As the ships of Arael Zandramas made landfall, he was not on deck to see it. Instead, he was below decks gazing into his crystal ball. What he saw was unsurprising. The fortress was guarded, and the approach would be difficult - a narrow point that the missile forces of the Five Kingdoms had under their control. If he were to assault it directly he would lose a great number of soldiers, and possibly risk his army breaking before he even breached its walls. No matter. Direct assault had never been his style. The lich made his way on deck, watching his captains and their forces fan out on the beach. The abomination that rose from the depths was a welcome sight. Welcome, but clumsy. If subtlety was to be his approach, the abomination would cause an issue. Still, he was sure he could find some use for the monstrous creature.

His glamour, powerful though it was, was easy enough to replace. He made his way to his captains, clad in supple black leather and a rippling cloak that almost seemed to be made of living shadow. He looked them over mildly, and a soft smile tweaked his lips. "Oh yes, they will see our forces coming, that much is certain." He paused, stroking his smooth, sharp chin as he did so. "We can count on it. The surprise attack will be swift, and terrifying. No doubt it will put fear into their hearts, particularly when they see the monster we have brought from the holy land." He made a slight gesture toward the abomination.

"We will take advantage of that fear, and breach their walls in secret." He examined his generals' expressions, noting their curiosity or disbelief. "Vampires. Executioners, to me. I shall lead you to the shrine under the cloak of invisibility. We will position ourselves further inland so as not to raise suspicion." His bright blue eyes glimmered as he spoke. "Firstly, though, I must disguise you - and myself - as reinforcements of the Five Kingdoms. To do so in the middle of battle would be taxing on my own stores of magic."

Arael concentrated for a moment, feeling the silky touch of the illusion that shrouded him shift and ripple. His eyes met the captain of his Crypt Keepers. No longer were they bright sapphires. They had become hard and brown. His face was more masculine now, his body strong and fit - belonging quite clearly to an experienced soldier. His hair was tied back in a top-knot, in the style of the Five Kingdoms, and his features were exactly what one would expect of a general of his enemy. No longer did his staff resemble a long brazier of eldritch flame - it had become a glaive. Mercy, only a few feet away from him, changed from a sleek black mare to a fiery brown courser.

"This is the plan. As my select group of soldiers and I travel to the shrine posing as reinforcements, the rest of my forces will march toward the castle - making sure to never get close enough to take missile fire. Stay just out of range - and I expect the crypt keepers to be doing all they can to protect the Venomous Barbs in particular. Do not start marching until twenty minutes after I have set off. That way, I estimate that you should already be over halfway to the castle by the time I reach the gates. They will see the threat, and be all too glad of reinforcements - no doubt."

Arael paused, and raised one hand. Around his palm, the air seemed to distort and shimmer, until a powerful illusion fell over his vampires and executioners. Now, the vampires appeared as a unit of Tidal Arbalests, gunpowder missile units of the Five Kingdoms. His executioners now seemed to all who perceived them to be Changdo Warblades. His illusion changed sight, and even touch, but it could not mask sounds. He knew that much.

"Once we are inside, my vampires will travel to the walls. Once the gates open you are to cut down their ranged forces. It should be a massacre, their gunpowder troops will not expect a surprise attack from our most deadly infantry. You will have the element of surprise, and feed on their bodies to fuel your blood magic. Meanwhile, I along with my executioners, will make my way to the gatehouse. We will slaughter any who man it and open the gates from within. The blades of the executioners should make short work of the hapless sentries.

He nodded to the executioner captain. "More likely, of course, they will have no more than a few individuals posted at the gatehouse. As soon as we begin to open the gates, all of my outside forces will attack from the front. I place my necromancers in charge of directing this stage of combat. Ensure that our forces breach the fortress as smoothly as possible. Use the venomous barbs on the ground to cause even more chaos on the walls, if you will. At the same time, of course, my executioners will be slaughtering the living. When all is said and done, we will offer the slain the pure gift of undeath, and all will rejoice." He smiled, then. Among his own people he was known as the "Disciple of the Blessed Death" for his zealous commitment to the prophet Koryza.

"And now, we move into position. Let the bodies of the slain litter the ground. Let them rise again, immortal warriors of our eternal paradise." Arael murmured a silent word, and the air around himself, his vampires and his executioners seemed to quiver, before everyone in the area disappeared from view completely. "I have every confidence in you, my necromancers." His voice echoed from empty air. "You need do very little indeed. Simply ensure that you are there to reinforce our attack when the castle gates open.

With that, Arael began to travel toward the shrine, getting in position for the coming attack.
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 12-04-2016 at 12:29 AM.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Spoiler: The Assassination of Marquis Philandouil - Khanna Saree 

Spoiler: The Battle of Giu Sotto City - Destrin Verrux 

Spoiler: Battle of Fort Schwarztoteh - Kenna 

Spoiler: 2nd Battle of Fort Eastguard - Belmont Redblood 

Spoiler: Battle of Faali Shrine - Arael Zandramas 
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

At the Prince's loss of composure, Destrin laughed. Usually it was considered a dangerous move, but--Well, with men of his caliber, the worst the nobility usually did was send him into a death-mission. What the commander was proposing right now was already a death-mission, so there wasn't really anything the man could do to him. His anger, then, was just funny as hell. But then he got right back into planning, and that actually bought a lot of respect from the commander. He made a pretend motion to tip his hat to the prince, leaning back in his chair. "Ya got right pissed there, but were thinkin' the whole time anyway. Ah like it. Thinkin' you'll go join the other theaters if we lock this'un down? 'Cause I wouldn't mind servin' under a man who can keep his head even when it's steamin'."

He did actually glance down to see what they were all talking about. The Hounds of War...Yeah, whatever. He didn't really need heavily armored soldiers, anyway. A bloody suicide run that'd be for them. "Jus' make sure some o' yer hounds're ready by tha gate. If tha fight goes south, we're gunna need a lot o' armor ta repel the demons long enough ta' get inside."

For the most part, though, Destrin had to admit that he admired the balls on the Knight Captain for charging straight into the thick of the battle. If it weren't for the fact that knights weren't his people, he'd have wanted to go join them in their charge. "Well, Knight Cap'n, ah think yer gunna have the hardest time 'ere, so ah hope you live through this fight. An' remember," He was looking over to the prince, "Enough supplies and operators fer...Actually, make that six mangonels. No less. Leave the rest up ta' me, but ah don't wanna get down there an' learn that ah've only got a fifth of tha ammo an' manpower ah was expecting. Got it?"

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Dreskros grimaced as he saw how poorly this 'commander' was doing. Forced marches? Crucifixions? Dreskaros was never any good ad command and even he knew that that was shit-tier. But far be it from him to complain or criticize this noble, at least, not until he fucked up, which was likely to happen. He urged his rhino on silently and without complaint.

He could feel it, something was off. Some, electrical feeling in the air. He did not know what, or why, or how. But the turning of the wheels of fate rang like the clamour of steelsong in his mind. He did not want to bring it up, but then...the cry came out, and battle began. Dreskaros rushed to the site of the ambush, his rhino bellowing s it charged. Unfortunately, he got there just as the first ssault...a probing most likely, was rebuffed. His rhino trampled and gred a few elves, and with a mighty *CLANG*, his sword cleaved through several more.

Slowing down to a trot, he faced the collected soldiers of the Western Empire and held loft his bloody sword. "Men nd women of the Empire! These things re savages, but insects compared to us. But just like the bee and the hornet, they can sting. You all, however, are like lions; mighty, noble, and vicious! You are the hope of the Empire, heroes all! Men shall sing of the glory you shall win this day, for we hold the line, against all odds!" A silly speech, in a way, but sometimes men need to hear such things to regain their morale and spirit.

With that, he rides over to the commander. "So, 'fearless leader', the men are tired, cold, and demoralized. What is your plan?" He says, blade, still dripping with hot blood, resting on his armored shoulder.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Kenna hardly slowed down on her hurry to the armory to answer the rider's question.
    "Because, shield sister, by night we are surrounded by all sides, the moon, the wind, even the trees could betray our leaving. Before we march we make sure the walls seem manned, and the stores seem full. We do not want to lose a border fort to defend a city, if as you say the Empire is simply laying siege then your city will stand yet, and if not then we will simply take it back anyway. For now let us prepare in our own way, prudence is needed as much as vigor in war, far too few realize the danger this place truly stands in, even if that danger stands far away."
    With that Kenna disappeared into a small building to arm herself properly. There was yet much to do, walls must be made sure and watch must be set before the small army would depart, and that was what the night of preparation was for.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast