Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Live and Die in Gate City {M}

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Default To Live and Die in Gate City {M}

Rated M for violence, swearing, alcohol and possible drug use, possible racism, sexual themes and everything else that could happen under this rating.

Rules
    1. Regular RPA rules apply
    2. No godmodding, powerplaying etc.
    3. Be respectful to everyone in the OOC.
    4. Try to keep anything in the RP up to the year it is set in.
    5. Most importantly, have fun!

Setting: Gate City, Georgia (based off Atlanta, Georgia), 1st February 1970

Plot: The Gate City Mafia has been in power of the criminal underworld in this part of Georgia for as long as anyone can remember. Under them corruption ran rampant, major crimes done by the Family were ignored, while some smaller criminal groups, ones who didn’t pay tribute, often found themselves inexplicably taken out by the police. Now this is about the change. For the last 5 years, their power has waned, and now other organized crime groups are looking to rise up, to get a piece of the pie that is Gate City. What are the motives for each group? Revenge? Lust for power? Wanting to be out from under the thumb of an old, dying way of life? Only they know.

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Nationality:
    Appearance:
    Weapons: (only two firearms are allowed, one rifle/shotgun/submachine gun and one pistol. You are also allowed a knife or other easily concealable melee weapon)
    Equipment: (any special equipment you carry, possibly for your character’s job? For example, a locksmith might have their tools, a mechanic might have a k-bar)
    Job: (what legal job does your character hold? It can be one that helps with their life on the wrong side of the law)
    Vehicle:
    History:
    Song: (what song from the that era would be your character’s theme song)

Spoiler: Accepted Characters 
    Last edited by Fox Xalian; 12-20-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval Fantasy, Apocalyptic, War, Zombies
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Name: John Rayne

Nickname: Hell-Rain

Appearance:

Vehicle:

1970 Dodge Charger

Weapons:

Primary- M21 SWS (Suppressor, Leuopold Scope)

Sidearm- M1911 .45 ACP (Supressor)

Melee- Ka-Bar

Current Profession: Part-Time Mechanic

Equipment: Crowbar, Screw-driver, Pliers

Theme Song: Runnin' Through the Jungle- Creedence Clearwater Revival

History:

Born to a family of share-croppers in Hazelhurst, Georgia, John was the second youngest in the family. He graduated top of his class in '59, after which he and three of his brothers signed up for the Army with his father's begrudging acceptance.

When the United States deployed troops to Vietnam in 1965, the three Rayne brothers were sent in as Airborne Rangers. The middle brother died in the first week of engagements. Both of the remaining two were selected for the Studies and Observations Group, a special operations group that consisted of operatives from the various branches Special Forces as well as from the Central Intelligence Agency. They were deployed primarily in Laos, where they spent the rest of their service from '66-'68, when they were due to discharge and return to their lives as civilians. The week before they were to return, the older Rayne brother died, and John returned alone.

Upon his return, John found that his family had moved to Gate City, where his father had started another church and one of his brothers had opened an auto-shop. Taking a job at the shop with his brother, he quickly learned that yet more had changed; the city being owned by the mafia, many businesses including his brother's auto-shop were being targeted for extortion, though the rising cost would soon be more than they could afford.

Notable Family Members:

Michael - John's Father, he served in World War II and was one of the first members of the OSS. After the war, he returned home and became a Preacher.

Suki- John's mother, a stay-at-home mom who has become more and more active in the church, as well as working as a cook at Luke's Diner.

Gabriel - The oldest brother (he's 40), Gabriel has recently earned enough money to start up his own auto-shop, where John and their father work as well.

Luke - Second oldest brother, inherited a diner from a close family friend which he renamed Luke's Diner.

Zachariah - Twin of Ezekiel Rayne (and 3rd oldest by mere minutes), they own a Bar and Grill called 'Men of the Cloth' as part of a joke. They took out a loan from the bank to buy it.

Ezekiel Rayne- Zach's twin (4th oldest by mere minutes), Zeke is the other owner of 'The Men of the Cloth'

Theresa- The oldest sister of the Rayne siblings (though she's the 5th youngest), she works as a waitress at Luke's Diner and is engaged to a colored man named Dwayne Matheson.

Tara- Second oldest sister (6th youngest of the siblings), she's only a year older than John and works as a waitress at The Men of the Cloth

Angel- The youngest of all the siblings, she works as a waitress at Luke's Diner with Theresa and Luke. She's also caught the eye of Danny DeMarco, an enforcer in the mafia, though she's refused his advances more than once.

Matthew- Deceased brother (Died the first week in Vietnam)

Mark- Deceased Brother (Died the last week in Vietnam)
    Last edited by Rayne7; 12-20-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Don't forget to try the sweet tea! Just dropping off some links to help you gain interest in the RP. Let me know if you have any questions or need help, and have fun RPing!

If you've already got a submission planned, feel free to post it in the Roleplay of the Week Advertising thread.

Roleplay of the Week- For more information about how to have YOUR RP featured as Roleplay of the Week!

RPotW banner shop! If you need help making a banner for your roleplay, just hop in and ask one of our lovely artists for some assistance!

Staff Siggies are seen everywhere!

Roleplaying Games Directory is another means of getting your RP seen.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Accepted. Although we aren't in Atlanta, we're in Gate City Unless his parents aren't in the same city as him so in that case it doesn't matter :P Also you're missing vehicle and song.

EDIT: Thanks Dnafein, I'll look into those, certainly.
    Last edited by Fox Xalian; 12-19-2016 at 02:16 AM.

Spoiler:  

Medieval Fantasy, Apocalyptic, War, Zombies
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Changed it to Gate City; Vehicle and Theme Song are both now listed.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Awesome! Now let's wait until more people join haha

Spoiler:  

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Hello suckers guess who's back and ready to crush your CoD inspired hopes and dreams and turn them into jet fuel for my dank memes!

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Ah Naster! You found us! Welcome! I await any and all criticism you may have on the....two characters so far haha. Well thier weapons at least haha. Also my hopes and dreams aren't CoD inspired, thankfully :P

Spoiler:  

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Give me a moment to research suppressor capabilities, and timeframes because really that's the only thing iffy right now.

Also Rayne's rifle image is totally a SA Loaded M1A with a modern suppressor, it's cool though as a heads up Polymer wasn't really in heavy use until the mid 70's for rifles and the 80's for handguns (thanks GLOCK)

Update:

You're good, just remember they might not be as effective as modern improved systems and they really only reduce sound to hearing safe levels (sometimes not even that), so people will still hear the gun go off, just not as much from farther away.

And let more correct myself again, becasue that M1A is actually an 18" model as compared to a 20" or 24" model, still a totally viable choice just keep in mind the time frame, and remember that the M14 is really all you have the M25 was a later development, so it was probably a mod if you're not keeping the selective fire capability, which is quite doable and better for the system because it sucked at full auto.
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 12-20-2016 at 07:42 AM.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

So everything looks good (aside from the picture Rayne is using being of the more modern, polymer version of the rifle) weapons wise? I mean it's me and Rayne, we're not exactly the crazy kind when it comes to weapons. I mean we are crazy, but a different kind of crazy.

Spoiler:  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast