Thread: Worldbuilding 'n' Stuffs

2Spooky4U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Default Worldbuilding 'n' Stuffs

So, if you guys wanna know, I've kinda been brainstorming a setting/characters for fun. Maybe I'll do something with it, maybe not. But I figured, hey, some people might wanna look at this stuff. So I'm gonna take all the stuff I have collected in my phone and put it all here more organized. Keep in mind this will be very WIP since I usually just make up stuff as I think of it and in no particular order :P

The basic gist is a fantasy world with some Persian/Arabic-flavored elements thrown in. And magic n' dragons n' all that good stuff of which I will detail further.

Basically I started this by thinking of characters, then I built a world around them haha. I have a weird process.

Also if you want to comment or anything, PLEASE don't post in this thread. But feel free to shoot me a PM/VM/even rep if you want

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Default Races

Spoiler: Humans 

Spoiler: Elves 

Spoiler: Kalaabin (Jackalmen) 
    Last edited by Splat; 12-29-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Art Thread

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Default On Magic

Long ago, magic was given to the elves and humans by the dragons. They taught men how to harness the energy of the world around them, to control the uncontrollable and bend nature to their will. Sorcerers were plentiful, and magic was often used to facilitate the building of vast cities or to heal the sick. It was very rarely used for combat- that is, until the War of the Scarlet Sands, when the deserts turned red with the blood of every race.

When the dragons disappeared, magic users became less and less common. Very few people were born with the innate ability, and the masters of the art died off until almost none remained. Presently, only about one in ten or fifteen thousand are born with magical talent- signified by a small birthmark in the shape of an eye somewhere on their body. Almost all information on magic and magic users has been kept from the common eye and sheltered away by one large organization: the Circle of Sahir, often whispered among the public as simply "the Circle". It has agent who search for new mages, taking them from their families and training them to use their abilities to the fullest. It is incredibly secretive and isolated, however occasionally a wizard will perform a service for a king or wealthy noble.

Spoiler: Forms of Magic 
    Last edited by Splat; 12-29-2016 at 11:33 PM.

Art Thread

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Default On Dragons

Dragons were ancient, wise creatures who roamed the lands freely during their time.

They were massive beasts, averaging around 30 feet long with a wingspan of up to 50 feet. They came in almost every color, usually determined by environment or personal taste (some dragons were even born with the rare ability to shift colors). They were mostly scaly, although some had feathers on their wings, spines, or tails, and had varying horn sizes/numbers. A dragon's lifespan is unknown, but old texts estimated the oldest had lived over a millennia.

Thousands of years ago, dragons were plentiful. They were reclusive, not often contacting members of other races, but occasionally some young dragons would become curious and seek knowledge from men or elves. But suddenly and without warning, the dragons began a mass exodus from the continent. Flocks of hundreds, even thousands of the creatures were reported to have flown north over the mountains and never returned. Eventually, the dragons were believed to have vanished, perhaps hunted to extinction by the races of man.

The knowledge of the dragons was lost to mankind, and in due course, memory of the species was lost as well. No one in the present day can boast to have seen a live dragon...

...that is, until now....
    Last edited by Splat; 12-30-2016 at 10:46 PM.

Art Thread

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Default Religion

There are a smattering of different religions and mythologies throughout the continent of Akaresh, but one pantheon in particular is worshipped over the majority. There is no strict name for this group of deities, and patrons usually devote themselves to one specific god or goddess. While the existence of the gods is not certain, there have been many accounts of miracles and holy might performed by paladins and priests, and the majority of people are believers in at least some form of divine being.

Spoiler: Major Deities 

Art Thread