The Achenaran people are a race not all that dissimilar to humans... biologically, they might be classified as the same species, despite their origins on a different planet, in a different star system, many lightyears away from the world known as Earth by the humans. Several hundred years ago, the Achenaran race ascended to the stars, and with their ascension came a new era... or rather, an old era, redefined thanks to faster than light travel.
Over the next several hundred years, they colonized and conquered until eventually, a massive Imperium came to dominate a 5000 x 5000 x 1000 lightyear area on the Orion arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. This Imperium was composed of many races... some conquered, others annexed, and still others having peacefully joined the Imperium of their own accord. After a time, there seemed to be no external threat that could challenge the might of the Imperium.
However, in lack of external threats, the power-hungry nobility of the Imperium seek conflict not with foreign powers, but with each other. Despite their military might and force projection, the Imperium Invictum as it has been named in recent years is ripe with internal political struggles, with nobles constantly at odds with each other along with the Imperial authority itself.
Our story is not a story of war in the traditional sense, but a story of conflict in the Imperial court, the Senate, and the Council of Kings which govern the Imperium Invictum itself.
Welcome to the political arena that is the Imperium Invictum! In this RP, you will assume the role of a politician, be it a king, senator, prince, etc. You are welcome to create your own kingdom within the Imperium, just keep in mind the fact that technology within the Imperium is universal, and monarchs hold domestic sovereignty, but lack any sort of military power!
The two areas in which politicians are known to compete against each other are the Senate, and the Council of Kings.
I expect this RP will revolve more around the Council than the Senate, as it has greater authority and such, but we'll see how it works out. Now that you're somewhat familiar, let's make kingdoms and characters!
Various other information:
1. Respect your fellow RPer. In-character conflicts are expected, but OOC conflicts are discouraged. Try to get along.
2. Holeypaladin is the main GM. Co-GM may or may not be determined based on needs of the RP.
3. The Imperium Universalum is a long-term project of mine, and likely to exist long after this RP is concluded. Try to be respectful and mindful of this.
4. No military conflicts, please. This is a political RP.
5. All apps are subject to review and approval. If something doesn't fit, expect to be asked to change it.
6. For those unfamiliar with the Imperium (IE most potential applicants), please don't be surprised if your initial application is not approved and revision is suggested. There is a LOT to be aware of... far more than I can think of at the moment, else it'd be listed above by now.
7. The Emperor holds the ultimate authority in the Imperium, but he tends not to get involved in most domestic power struggles. If needed, he may appear in order to overrule or veto a decision made by the Council or the Senate, but aside from that he's likely to be an NPC type only.
8. No magic, please. This includes telepathy, telekinesis, Jedi mind tricks, or anything else that can't be explained through science and the available technology of the Imperium. If in doubt, ask first!
9. No humans, unless specifically requested and approved. Exotic aliens and feline humanoids welcome.
10. If you have read and agreed to these rules, include your character's favorite traditional food from their homeworld on your sheet.
11. More rules may be added as needed. This post is subject to frequent updates.
12. Have fun!