Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Imperium: A Council of Kings (OOC)

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I like the idea of passing the embryos off to someone else. They likely would be granted a race name other then Kalthr-Kai or Kalthr-Lei. If they choose to return to Kalthria they would be seen as a lower class and not likely to succeed. They wouldn't be able to advance in any field and be unlikely to arrange any sort of marriage, no one wanting to pass that sort of DNA onto their children. I would be cool with that idea.

Question what are the ways of becoming a citizen other than military service? The Lei would be extremely unlikely to be in the military but I still want them to have representation.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Noted. Although I am thinking that it might be cool to play "centralist, conservative and expansionist".

That being - wants to preserve the centralised government and thinks it's the best, most powerful option. Now the reason for being conservative would depend on the elves already being respected and powerful members of the council. Therefore they're happy with their way and don't feel the need to enforce their own culture so long as the non-established races are all screwed over for being uncultured barbarians. Expansionist in that he follows the warlike traditions of his people and wants to unite the galaxy under a strict rule that renders the other races as little more than slaves to the established council members.

That would mean that the elves respected the humans because they got conquered by them - and now see them as allies and equals. All the other races though... are fair game for racism.

Oh, and that would also kind of depend on the elves being generally unprejudiced against.
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 12-12-2016 at 09:24 AM.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Angel - There are nonviolent roles within the military, such as cooks and other service roles. Despite some of the more conservative gender roles of the Imperium, the Imperial Armada still shows a high female percentage in noncombat roles, thanks to the promise of citizenship. Other means of acquiring citizenship are through political service such as jobs in the Bureaucracy, which can be difficult to obtain without existing influence, yet perfect for the Lei.

Rain - Your idea does sound pretty good. The Imperial doctrine states that all races should be granted equal rights under law, yet this obviously is not the case in practice. The Emperor himself promotes equality, but as he has little say in the matters of the Council, this policy is represented primary in the Loyalist party but not so much by the Centralists.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holeypaladin View Post
    Rain - Your idea does sound pretty good. The Imperial doctrine states that all races should be granted equal rights under law, yet this obviously is not the case in practice. The Emperor himself promotes equality, but as he has little say in the matters of the Council, this policy is represented primary in the Loyalist party but not so much by the Centralists.
    Would it then be fair to include that the Asharians are not typically discriminated against and are on more or less even footing in terms of racial acceptance with the humans?

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Achenarans don't like to be called humans, but yeah it'd be pretty fair, since they're a more established race in the Imperium.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holeypaladin View Post
    Achenarans don't like to be called humans, but yeah it'd be pretty fair, since they're a more established race in the Imperium.
    Sorry :P I was just trying to write quickly and didn't wanna go back and check up on the name.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Okay I've tweaked my Kingdom a bit let me know what you think.

Heh Rain I just realized I forgot to mention the Kalthr also have longer ears. I have a feeling other races might often confuse the two. Something that no doubt would vex the Kalthr and be seen as an insult. They tend to be a little on the arrogant side (warning that's an understatement).

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

We got dem horns and hooves doe.

Yeah, the Ashari are very arrogant too. The racial prejudice stuff.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Kalthr look good! I could definitely see some Vai appealing to the Council to interlude on the affairs of the Kalthr, though, as they're supposed to be granted superior rights as citizens rather than treated as a lesser race...

I see a lot of racism and arrogance... this gonna be quite the political battlefield.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

In all honesty I would think that the Kalthr and Ashari would get on well considering they're both established members with a long history in the Imperium and have a few similarities too. Like, i doubt for instance that Ashari racism would extend to the Kalthr (unless it was forced as a response to racism from them).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast