Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Imperium: A Council of Kings (OOC)

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Default [M] Imperium: A Council of Kings (OOC)

The Achenaran people are a race not all that dissimilar to humans... biologically, they might be classified as the same species, despite their origins on a different planet, in a different star system, many lightyears away from the world known as Earth by the humans. Several hundred years ago, the Achenaran race ascended to the stars, and with their ascension came a new era... or rather, an old era, redefined thanks to faster than light travel.

Over the next several hundred years, they colonized and conquered until eventually, a massive Imperium came to dominate a 5000 x 5000 x 1000 lightyear area on the Orion arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. This Imperium was composed of many races... some conquered, others annexed, and still others having peacefully joined the Imperium of their own accord. After a time, there seemed to be no external threat that could challenge the might of the Imperium.

However, in lack of external threats, the power-hungry nobility of the Imperium seek conflict not with foreign powers, but with each other. Despite their military might and force projection, the Imperium Invictum as it has been named in recent years is ripe with internal political struggles, with nobles constantly at odds with each other along with the Imperial authority itself.

Our story is not a story of war in the traditional sense, but a story of conflict in the Imperial court, the Senate, and the Council of Kings which govern the Imperium Invictum itself.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Welcome to the political arena that is the Imperium Invictum! In this RP, you will assume the role of a politician, be it a king, senator, prince, etc. You are welcome to create your own kingdom within the Imperium, just keep in mind the fact that technology within the Imperium is universal, and monarchs hold domestic sovereignty, but lack any sort of military power!

The two areas in which politicians are known to compete against each other are the Senate, and the Council of Kings.

Spoiler: Imperial Senate 

Spoiler: Council of Kings 

I expect this RP will revolve more around the Council than the Senate, as it has greater authority and such, but we'll see how it works out. Now that you're somewhat familiar, let's make kingdoms and characters!

Spoiler: Kingdom Application 

Spoiler: Character Application 

Various other information:
    Spoiler: Technology 

Spoiler: Twelve Virtues 

Spoiler: Imperial Citizenship 

Spoiler: The Council and the Emperor 

Spoiler: Imperial Court Etiquette 

Rules:

1. Respect your fellow RPer. In-character conflicts are expected, but OOC conflicts are discouraged. Try to get along.

2. Holeypaladin is the main GM. Co-GM may or may not be determined based on needs of the RP.

3. The Imperium Universalum is a long-term project of mine, and likely to exist long after this RP is concluded. Try to be respectful and mindful of this.

4. No military conflicts, please. This is a political RP.

5. All apps are subject to review and approval. If something doesn't fit, expect to be asked to change it.

6. For those unfamiliar with the Imperium (IE most potential applicants), please don't be surprised if your initial application is not approved and revision is suggested. There is a LOT to be aware of... far more than I can think of at the moment, else it'd be listed above by now.

7. The Emperor holds the ultimate authority in the Imperium, but he tends not to get involved in most domestic power struggles. If needed, he may appear in order to overrule or veto a decision made by the Council or the Senate, but aside from that he's likely to be an NPC type only.

8. No magic, please. This includes telepathy, telekinesis, Jedi mind tricks, or anything else that can't be explained through science and the available technology of the Imperium. If in doubt, ask first!

9. No humans, unless specifically requested and approved. Exotic aliens and feline humanoids welcome.

10. If you have read and agreed to these rules, include your character's favorite traditional food from their homeworld on your sheet.

11. More rules may be added as needed. This post is subject to frequent updates.

12. Have fun!
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 12-25-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Spoiler: Player Characters 

Spoiler: Non-player characters 

Spoiler: King Vincent of Wirus 

Spoiler: Kingdom of Wirus 
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 12-23-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Very interested, though this seems more like a Sci-fi or General RP then Fantasy. I'm gonna post my kingdom before I do my characters so we can iron out any kinks. If you don't mind I plan on having two characters, once you see my Kingdom I think it will make complete sense as to why. Though I am willing to share one of them if someone is interest in playing my kingdom with me.

Spoiler: Kingdom of Kalthr - WIP 

Spoiler: Hayden Gabray  

Spoiler: Jorad Rattis  
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 12-13-2016 at 02:02 AM.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

So, are we able to play alien/fantasy races of all kinds because of all the different nations that became part of the Imperium?

This really looks like my sort of thing, definitely interested.

Nevermind, I read the rules and now I know :P
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 12-12-2016 at 08:02 AM.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

This was initially intended to be posted under sci fi, but the mod I PM'd to get moved seemed to log instantly after receiving my PM...

Angel, you reminded me of something important, and I added a bit of information regarding citizenship to correct something I saw in your WIP. Another point I'd like to make is that the termination of embryos goes against Imperial law... but genetic engineering technology exists to guarantee a high purity percentage to begin with, so such termination would be completely unnecessary. To guarantee Citizenship as you suggest, they'd likely reserve government service jobs at birth in order to meet the "citizenship is earned through service" requirement.

Typically each kingdom has only one representative on the Council of Kings, being the monarch himself/herself, but with multiple representatives in the Senate.
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 12-12-2016 at 08:40 AM.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Spoiler: Republic of Asharia 

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Ooooh I like Asharia. While the Imperium does not conquer races that have yet to discover interstellar star flight, "primitive" is a relative term in the galactic environment, as there is a vast technological difference between those who recently discovered space travel and the more established interstellar empires such as the Imperium, so it still fits. I can totally see their ethnic superiority complex coming at odds with the ethnic superiority complex of some of the more reactionary Achenarans!

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holeypaladin View Post
    Ooooh I like Asharia. While the Imperium does not conquer races that have yet to discover interstellar star flight, "primitive" is a relative term in the galactic environment, as there is a vast technological difference between those who recently discovered space travel and the more established interstellar empires such as the Imperium, so it still fits. I can totally see their ethnic superiority complex coming at odds with the ethnic superiority complex of some of the more reactionary Achenarans!
    Thank you c:

Yeah, that's an interesting thing for me now thinking about my character. You see, if he were to be conservative/reactionary in glorifying his own race - but at odds with the Achenarans - would he then be a conservative or more on the other end since it's technically going against the status quo with an emphasis on a different race?

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The Kalthr would be against genetic modification in preference of genetic superiority through breeding so I don't think I could see them using the technology. As for termination of embryos would IE law allow exile or a subservient class? Also I'm trying to think of some sort of work around for them legally being able to only allow genetically pure people citizenship. Some kind of legal loop hole. Maybe those with higher purity are granted better education then those with lower? Or since they rely on natural means of genetic superiority those with higher purity would only mate with people of equal or better purity so the aristocratic bloodlines would be family connected.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Rain - On a local level, they would be considered conservative/reactionary as you implied. But since they are a minority under the Imperium, they'd be more along the lines of liberal/radical for wanting to disrupt/destroy the existing status quo in favor of their own ethnic views being enforced on an Imperium-wide scale, rather than the views of the Achenarans who created the Imperium.

Angel - exiles and subservient classes are most certainly possible, so long as everyone is granted the right to live, receive an education (not all educations being equal...), and receive medical care. The Imperium itself is willing to buy any unwanted embryos to raise as members of the Jannissary program, which is a program where the government itself raises and educates orphans to serve as military officers upon reaching the age of majority. Such individuals are unlikely to return to a kingdom that despises them, so it's a form of exile in itself. I expect there would most certainly be cultural pressures to marry those of equal purity and social standing, such as is prevalent in any caste system such as yours.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast