Thread: The Road to Firenze

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Default The Road to Firenze

This is a small piece I wrote as part of the back-story for one of my characters. It's kinda short but then I don't often write stuff on my own.

~~

Hargun stared up at the steep sides of the valley on either side of them. "Are you sure this is the right road" he asked.

"Must be, it's the only one around" Liofar replied beside him.

Hargun nodded slightly. The innkeeper at the last village had told the two dwarves that to reach the kingdom of Firenze this was the only road they could take. "Alright fine" he said. "I guess we just keep going." He was then about to walk on when Liofar suddenly caught hold of his arm.

"What?" he asked.

"I thought I saw movement" Liofar replied.

At that very moment a black feathered arrow whistled out of the rocks ahead of them and struck Liofar on the side of the chest causing him to stagger back slightly and cry out in pain.

Hargun immediately grabbed his comrade by the arm and started hauling toward some nearby boulders. As he did more arrows whistled toward them. "Come on" he grunted "we need to take cover."

Somehow they made it behind the boulders. Liofar cursed under his breath as he yanked the arrow from his mail-shirt. Beside him Hargun unsung his axe and shield. When he turned and glanced out from behind the rocks he was greeted by the sight of several orcs charging towards their position. In response he narrowed his eyes and stepped out ready to face them. It looked like it was going to be one of those days.
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 12-12-2016 at 10:05 AM.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart