Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: [PG-13] Dresden Files: No Title Character (IC)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Spoiler: OOC Social conflict 2 

Niall nodded his head sagely, "I think you'll find that my resources are not insignificant. I do hope you'll keep me in mind if you have any other needs. I think you'll find we could help each other...

He looked at Morgan and quickly corrected himself, "Of course, after your contract with Mr Lloyd expires, of course."

Morgan smiled politely back. He was impressed with Adam. The young man was certainly holding his own against this tycoon of a business man. Then again, most people (and monsters too) ignore anything that doesn't fit inside their worldview. Niall's apparently included the idea that everyone has their price. That might be useful later.
    Last edited by Sirtain; 05-14-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Polly finally saw Morgan glancing up at her a few times. It seemed more of an acknowledgement than a signal, but perhaps he was bad at being casual otherwise? The pixie decided to chance it and head over to the table after another loss on the machine.

She came around and hovered between Adam and Morgan's shoulder's. "Ah, there you are! I apologize; I was detained by some unpleasant acquaintences. Not everyone is as open-minded as I am," she said with a small sigh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Until that moment, Morgan was not certain that the tiny fairy was, in fact, Polly. He certainly was glad to see her, although he didn't know how she managed to pass for a human (even a very short human). Polly clearly had tricks he wasn't aware of.

"Ah, Miss Aster, this is the gentleman I spoke to you about. Niall, may I present Polly N. Aster. She moonlights as a pharmacist in one of my shops and I think of her as a dear friend."

Maybe a stretch on the truth, but I'm allowed those. Morgan thought. Advantages of being human.

Spoiler: OOC conflict notes 

Fantasy, SciFi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Ah, nice to meet you," Polly flitted over and offered a tiny hand to shake. She silently played along with the 'friend' quip although she really barely knew Morgan. They had a job to do.

Fantasy, fiction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Adam nodded at the pixie, and smiled as she shook the hand of the leprechaun.

"Ms Aster, you look radiant as usual." Adam didn't reach for the pixies hand, feeling that his role as "bodyguard" would sell better that way. He looked back to the leprechaun

"I will keep you in mind Mr. t-Saoir, my shop is always looking for new acquisitions and new patrons in need of our services, both mundane and otherwise. Do call or stop in if you need anything, my partner or I are always around."

He pulled a business card labeled with the address, phone number, and hours of business out of his jacket pocket and set it on the side table next to the Fae. He was quite sincere with his words, as long as they weren't warlocks, or they weren't looking for something to harm mortals, he and his would love new business. Although he felt that after today the leprechaun wouldn't be to keen on visiting the shop, to purchase anything anyway.

Spoiler: Social Conflict pt 3 
    Last edited by Orick4111; 05-19-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Spoiler: OOC Orrick's Social Conflict 

Morgan saw Adam reaching into his pocket, but had no way of warning him, so he watched helplessly as Adam flashed everyone the vial of Leprechaun Bane in his pocket. Niall's eyes flashed recognition, Morgan winced. This might not be pretty.

Niall jumped up from the table, his guards preparing themselves, unsure exactly what happened.

"You dare to bring that into MY presence?" Niall seethed with quiet, but powerful rage, "He turned to Morgan, "Do you always have your muscle bring weapons specifically engineered against those you claim to ally yourself with?"

Morgan tried to look unperturbed, "I would have thought that his sword would be tool enough. I suppose he should be applauded, however, for taking such initiative. After all, I merely told him where we were going and whom I wished to meet. I can only assume he did the research himself."

Morgan resisted the urge to smile. There are so many times being human comes incredibly in handy.

Niall looked unconvinced and turned toward the Knight, "Is that so?"

Spoiler: OOC ONE MORE THING 
    Last edited by Sirtain; 05-19-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Fantasy, fiction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler: OOC Social Conflict 4 

Adam mentally cursed at himself for forgetting what pocket he had kept the vial in. Outside, he he tried to look more apologetic.

"Forgive me sir, but Morgan is correct. When you fighting with Denarians for as long as I have, you get used to having multiple avenues to tip the balance in favor of your survival. After all, our swords, while powerful in their own right, are not always the proper tool for protection. You have my word as Knight Commander of the Cross that, as long as you do no harm to my employer, I will not use the contents of this vial on you or yours.

Adam bowed his head slightly at that, trying to convey proper respect while at the same time trying to hide the beads of sweat he could feel forming on his forehead.
    Last edited by Orick4111; 05-20-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Spoiler: OOC Final Round, Ready, Fight 

Niall grimaces, "Well how about this. You turn over that vial to one of my men here as a show of good faith, and I'll forget this little incident."

Morgan smiles and nods his head at Adam, "You best do as he says. There is such a thing as too prepared."

After Adam hands over the vial, he takes his place quietly behind Adam and seems to play the bodyguard roll quite well. This is going well. Maybe the dragon's plan was a good one.
    Now if we can just get Polly on the inside we'll be golden.

Almost before the transfer of the vial was complete, Niall turned away from Adam and fixes his attention on the small pixie before him, "I'm sorry about that bit of unpleasantness, Ms. Aster. I do hope you won't count it against me. I don't think I've seen you around here before, and believe me that is an encounter I wouldn't lightly forget."
    Last edited by Sirtain; 05-20-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Fantasy, SciFi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Why, thank you, Adam," Polly responded with a bright smile. Moments later, she had to mask her annoyance with him for his blunder. She substituted shock and surprise AFTER the Leprechaun reacted, so as not to imply that she knew what it was. Thankfully, Morgan had been smart enough to divide up the extract and the exposed vial had been easily explained away.
    When the Leprachaun returned his attention to her, she replied with a wave of her hand and a concerned voice. "Not at all! It would be foolish not to be concerned for one's safety." Then she attempted reciprocate his flirtatiousness. "Oh nor would I Mr. t-Saoir," she returned with a quick wink and some real blushing. She actually found his appearance unsavory and disliked what she'd heard of his character even more, but she was a sucker for flattery and soaked it up and also had a job to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Spoiler: OOC Social Conflict Polly Round 1 

Morgan sighs internally seeing the two faries shamelessly flirt. Internally he thinks, wasn't she supposed to be seducing him? Maybe she's just better at acting than I think.

Niall gestures for Polly to come sit next to him and offers her some kind of fancy drink. They exchange small talk and courtesies. Rather mundane stuff really, but Morgan can tell Niall is really warming to Polly.

"So tell me about yourself Miss Aster. I'd very much like to get to know you better." Morgan thinks Niall is about as smooth as a granola bar, but perhaps some women like that...
    Last edited by Sirtain; 05-29-2017 at 02:43 AM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast