Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Magnificent 7 (Maya and Anti(M))

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Atris jumped at the loud cracking of bones and concrete, mixing in the spatters of blood and roaring screams. He placed his hand on the wall and pulled himself upward. He staggered a little not to his surprise but kept his foot and scanned over the people running as fast as they could in the opposite direction of the demon. The worst thing was that there was no real way out accept through him. In all the years they'd been in that tunnel they'd never managed to find a good escape route without the ceiling collapsing and having to re-dig it out, sure there places to hide, but it wouldn't be enough. At some point small demons would breach in behind the bigger ones and even small holes weren't gonna stop them.

"I..." Atris kept his eyes on the demon but had no real ideas on how to deal with the breach. "I have no idea, but standing here doing nothing is worse than trying anything." He lifted his gun and fired several consecutive shots at the beasts face. "Come on ugly! I've killed enough of you to know you're nothing special!" If he could maybe catch the attention of the big guy atleast some of them could run. "Corbin...I think we might be in trouble here." He said as the head horns angled down at them and the demon wailed with a loud screeching roar.

While the demon moved closer Atris fired a couple more shots only this time the winged colossus was easily close enough to watch the bullets connect. "The new face paint looks good on him I think." Atris even under duress wasn't known for going quietly or even trying to be serious. "I'm pretty sure if we find the right eye shadow we can pass him off as pretty. What do you think Cor?"

He smiled a little laughing at his jokes while trying desperately to hold himself together.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC
    War on High Interest Check
    Got a discord? Hit me up via a PM we can do an info exchange!

A Leaf on the Wind
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

There was no good escape route for a situation like this. It'd never happened before; but, it didn't mean their backs were pressed hard and firm against the wall just yet. "Atris, fall back!.." Which certainly would sound like an tried and true death wish to all caught within those stone walls. "Trust me, fall back. ..and for god's sake, stop firing and stop toying with it. It won't work."

If he and the others didn't do so willingly, they'd hear a loud, angry yell that would echo throughout the halls. "So help me, I'll shoot you myself if you don't go further inside!" Corbin's scream was the final warning. Time was quickly running out. They were dealing with a demon here, along with trying to save many innocent refugees seeking some form of shelter from it's wraith. Between Jill and Corbin, they'd spent hours scouring through the small library filled information on demons, angels and the like. Research from old tombs, books and magazines left behind over the years. It was clear bullets would not have any impact on this particular scourge; but, there were other options. Were they full proof? Won't know till they try.

She'd shake her head as Atris found ways to make light and even a bit of 'fun' about their situation as the beast drew even closer. Their situation was dire and time was of the essence. "How about we do the makeover AFTER it's dead?!?" Damnit, Atris..I would so love to kick your ass right now. Thinking to herself.

Whether by his own choice or them yanking Atris further within, they'd all fall back into the darkness as the demon made his approach. Those blood red eyes scanning over all within, now considering them meek and easy targets. The beast would roar which made her jump; but, didn't stop Corbin from keeping both feet planted less then fifteen feet from they creature stood. She could feel the quickening thud of her heart slamming at a manic pace against her chest as if trying to break of the danger itself.

She's going to get herself killed! One woman cried out as it was Corbin now refused to move.

Three more steps..come on, three more steps..

The Demon leered at her, licking his lips..almost seductively as it approached.

"..two...three! " Yelling as that last step was taken capturing the Demon in a Devil's Trap Heptagram etched in stone on the concrete ceiling.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

A giant claw swiped at Atris who rolled out of the way and slid himself into the crowd of people ducking and dodging while running toward the back of the metro following Corbin's every order. He rode the wave of people who all hunkered down in the stones and waited for the claws to rip them to shreds. The whimpered, huddled down covering the children first and foremost while only a few of the men, including himself stood to cover the women. Atris wasn't satisfied being hidden in the crowd and began to clamber up over them just in time to see Corbin standing there about to be done in by a bloodied claw.

He looked up to the ceiling and noticed the etching and a smirk curled up around his lips. "Oh, Corbin you clever minx." The demon's claw hit the edge of the circle and a flame enveloped and knocked it backward setting its back to flame as well. The demon jerked and writhed around slamming its claws against the barrier burning away its flesh. Several minutes passed of this Broadway spectacle while some of the refugees began to understand they were no longer in danger atleast from this giant oaf.

Atris walked passed the demon and shot it twice in the leg and once again in the arm. It roared in pain as the bullets burned into its muscular system. "Ten out of Ten Corbin, but we still have those guys to deal with." He pointed toward the entrance where several smaller soldiers began a slow descent down the stairs. "I'd assumed that sight right there means most of outside, if not all are dead. There's gotta only be five or six of us left who know how to fight."

The demon roared again loudly this time and Atris aimed his gun back and shot it in the back of its head. "Shut up, I'm talking!" He felt around his belt for a few grenades that he'd clipped there earlier. "Corbin,...we're still in a bad place here.."

He watched as the demons grew in number three, ten, fifteen...He could handle a few, Corbin could handle it, Jill...wait..where was Jill?
    Last edited by Anti-Hero; 01-30-2017 at 03:23 AM.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"What? Do you see the size of that thing! Honestly, would I go toe to toe with that if I didn't have an ace up my sleeve?" Oh ye of little faith. Had Atris still not figured out she was one to plan ahead and try to avoid bodily harm as much as possible. The problem was what to do with it now? "I've done my good deed for this second or two. You figure out how to excommunicate it back to hell." Despite the fact that the demon was effectively locked in a prison of sorts, when it swung out to try and hit her in the head, she ducked all the same. "I really, really don't like your attitude demon boy. Don't you know it's rude to hit people?" There was some satisfaction in seeing the creature shot a few times.

The wheels in the sky kept right on turning and with that, came more trouble. Just when you think there may be some hope and chance to rest, new pests began coming at them anew. "I am so over this..so..so very over this." These uninvited guests may be smaller in size; but, there was more of them. Roaches came to mind. Corbin did manage a chuckle when Atris shot the demon again and told the creature to shut up. "You tell'em A.."

As for their current life or death situation, she could only offer up a mumbled. "We're always in a bad place." Said while looking around for Jill, who'd went AWOL. "..alright, I'll..." sighs heavily. "I'll go look for Jill. Try to keep your head on your shoulders. It wouldn't look right anywhere else."

She'd take off down the stairs, skirting through those still in hiding down below. When Corbin came across Jill's war room, she'd find the woman gathering up every type of weapon they'd acquired over the years and many more that had been designed by her own hand.

"Alright, Corbin..take these to Atris." Shoving a handful of bullets into her hands. "These are for his revolver and, if you hit them in the heart or right between the eyes, they're deadly to the mother fuckers. ..And these.." drawing out a heavy steel scabbard and dagger both stored in a leather bag. "They were blessed in holy water by a high priestess. Do not ask, I can not tell you more..a cut causes grave pain, stabbing them ..death. Oh, and holy water." Offering one small vial withdrawn from her apron pocket. "I've no more left but this. Use it sparingly." Giving Corbin a hug before loading her down with few forms of protection she had left to offer.

"Thank you.." What more was there to say? She'd gather up the weapons and ammo then hurry up the stairs to pass the bullets and a sword over to Atris. Knowing this could be their last stand.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Corbin bolted off in search of Jill, there know it all sidekick who seemed to be absolutely full of knowledge and little techniques, hell had it not been for the annoying tiny woman they likely wouldn't have survived this long. She was so well read she'd even kept and been able to locate different incantations that banished anything from small fry demons to large scale abominations that otherwise were bound to this world by demonic spells and wards.

Atris aimed downrange and fired a quick three round burst that turned the demons focus on him, one of course roared in pain as metal tore through flesh but as painful as it might have been, it wasn't going to stop a demon. He flexed his hand and curled his fingers back to his palm as they closed in.
    "Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas...." Jill had taught Atris more than she'd needed too and to be honest? It was definitely worth all the hours Atris spent memorizing it and now he could put it to some seriously good use. The demon who pushed further ahead slammed into Atris first knocking them both to the ground. Atris planted his hand against the demon's chest and dug his fingers in while managing to roll on top of it.
    "Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, Domine.
    Ut Ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos!"

It was instant, the demon began to sputter its sounds gagging and gurgling while a black smog laced with a strange red color of blood ripped into the air and the physical body began to feel like it was deflating and ultimately it dissipated into nothingness. "Cool..." Atris smiled with a sickening grin and loked over his shoulder as the demons stopped in their tracks. "Well....who's next?"

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Hey, since you've clearly got this, Atris, I'm going to go take a nap. We've been at it awhile and I'm kind of tired." Which was true. She hadn't had a chance to eat, sleep or even clean up. Hell, a toothbrush would be nice about now. Unlike him, Corbin was not imbibed with all the knowledge that he and Jill had studied on. Give her a knife, a gun, hell..a damn rock and damage could be done. Spell casting, not so much.

"In my opinion, if they're still standing there waiting for an invitation to leave, fry the bastards....oh, and let me see if we have any chicken left in the fridge. I'll toss a few on the coals and we can have a barbecue. Maybe a few beers if we have some. Hell, Atris, you might even get lucky."

Casting him that wry little smile. Cause everyone knows they were a pseudo couple who seemed too stubborn to be the first one to make a real move to change their status.

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Excuse the Double Post.
    Last edited by Maya; 02-09-2017 at 03:15 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Look, if I'm getting lucky, I'm not dragging this out...although, we haven't managed to capture a live demon that massive in sometime and even then we only got half a corpse." Atris weighed his options while the demons started to back peddle and the single captured mass was writhing and trying its best to break free. "Let's be honest though if I'm getting you in the sack there Corbin, you gotta be sober."

It was about that time the demon foot soldiers left standing were far back enough that Jill, in all her brilliance, could erect a sort of temporary barrier based of the explusion spell that Atris had just used to rip demonic souls from their hosts. Atris shrugged at his loss of fun but also smiled at his, all be it low odds, other sources of fun. Corbin was hanging back a little a ways away from him while people started to move around the gargantuan sized demon who still hadn't given up.

Jill rolled her eyes at Atris and snapped in his general direction. "For whatever's sake just fuck her alreayd would you? Ya'll dumbass game is getting so old its like the taste of bitter tea leaves in my mouth..some laughed, others...nodded in agreement. "I'll take care of the big guy." Atris was slightly taken aback switching the direction of his head between Corbin and Jill...just waiting, in silence.

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Alright, so maybe Atris was a little rough around the edges when it came to women. And, maybe, Jill was tired of watching the two do a fire and ice dance around each other. However, the method both used to get Corbin in the mood would backfire in their faces like an atomic bomb.

"I have to be sober?!"
    "Just fuck her already!!"

Ah, romance was in the air! NOT!

Ooooooh, hell no! Corbin was now all sorts of humiliated, embarrassed and extremely pissed off by the slight. This was not how one woos a woman. And she certainly did not need the peanut gallery chiming in as well. Some things should be sacred. Of course, in such a small space it was hard to find any semblance of privacy but god damn it!

She was fit to be tied and ready to rip off a few heads. "I know you all mean well and I appreciate your great interest in my love life or lack there of." Speaking in a soft, sweet, very controlled tone which masked her true feelings over all of this. The softness of her words was not destined to last much longer. They'd not only hit a nerve; but, ripped that nerve out completely.

"While I want you all to know I appreciate your opinions..every single one of you can kiss my ass and GO TO HELL!!!!" Storming off to what little privacy her room would afford. The door was slammed so hard the bottom hinge was knocked off leaving it to hang crooked. Not that she cared.
    Corbin slid her back down the cold, concrete wall in the corner of the room covering her face in her hands. Exhausted, battle worn and done..just done. Everyone had a breaking point. This seemed to be hers.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Well...I guess I made one joke to many..." Atris shrugged it wasn't the first time he'd pissed of Corbin and it wouldn't be the last, most of the time he just gave her space and this wouldn't be much different. It was funny to think about though, as many jokes as there were, he sometimes forgot Corbin was a girl and it wasn't always funny to make a joke out of her sex life. "I'll have to apologize later and bring her a present...or something...." HE started to look around as if there was going to be a gift he could pick up and grab right there. His smile was slowly being replaced, with first a grin, then a slight frown while he began to clean up or salvage what he could, you never know what these demons might be carrying. Most of the refugees and Jill had been doing the same although Jill was keeping her paces around the giant demon using it like a big test subject.

Atris look over his shoulder to check and make sure everything was safe enough to head up outside. HE walked past the lifeless, torn bodies of some of the soldiers who'd previously been alive and didn't so much as blink. This was norm, less so since they'd found a place to hunker down, but even still people died. He figured the only one that might bother him would be Corbin, but she was different.

He ascended the stairs peering into the graylight, a word he'd coined do to the dourness of the sky lingering because of the on going war. The death of the supernatural tended to have a slew of side effects on the world including a grey-ish light from the sun. It wasn't uncommon to see another celestial being show up after even a small skirmish and this time wasn't any different. "How ya doing today Charlie?"

A visage of a young woman stood over the lumped over corpses absorbing an essence from human and demon alike. Charlie was a reaper. "Just business as usual Atris, I always keep wondering when you'll turn up dead." She chuckled, "You or Corbin...those little hourglasses just keep on spinning." IT was a metaphor of course, but reapers knew when anything was going to die, its how they knew to show up, there was a little known fact about both Atris and Corbin, none of the reapers had a clue when they were going to die. Atris laughed and looked around while listening to Charlie prattle on about her busy day while he nodded in agreement or gave her they half minded answers she needed to continue talking.

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast