Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Magnificent 7 (Maya and Anti(M))

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Varies
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It got old..this lifestyle. They could never change it. They could never escape it. What you see is what you get. The body count keeps going up and up. Their chance for surviving one more day keeps plummeting. Sometimes, she just wanted a small piece of normalcy. Is that too much to ask? Ah hell, even Corbin would have to say that it was.

Couldn't she just have one hour, one minute, hell..one fleeting second of time that's not about death or dying. Or, even worse, having her love life (or lack thereof) spread around the compound. Why couldn't this discussion stay between the two of them? She wouldn't have blown her top if people could keep their opinions out of her relationship. So, yes, it was one joke too many. Those who listened in had enjoyed the exchange way too much.

Which meant that door got a wee bit broken. It wasn't the only thing that was broken. The bat creature she'd run into that fateful day sliced her arm open where it had grabbed her like rag doll in the air. Being the stubborn sort, Corbin had completely disregarded her own wound to tend to his needs and go on fighting. Time passed, the shit hit the fan and she still never took the time to tend to it. Part of her extreme mood swings could easily be the fever she'd try to hide. Or the pain she'd never admit to. Corbin didn't take kindly to weakness. Especially her own. The teasing had been the icing on the cake.
    If you have something worth fighting for,

Then fight for it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

One thing caught his ear as Charlie kept her talking stringing along. "You gotta wonder, whats gonna happen to people who are seemingly immortal..what God or Demon is on your side Atris?" He stopped, slightly jarred by a question he'd never really thought to ask himself. Why was he special? Why was Corbin special? Why did it seem like everytime a reaper showed his or her face, the conversation always lead him to wonder about what the future held. Fact of the matter was, Atris wanted to leave more and more each day, but how? Corbin was here, he had a job to the others who couldn't protect themselves. He sighed quietly.

"Charlie, all you guys say the same thing, but look around us, I'm not going anywhere as much as I wish I could...."
    "Wish? Atris, all you have to do is ask, how long have we known each other?"
    "You have known me a lot longer than I have known you."
    "You so sure? Have you ever wondered what psuedo-immortality means? You transcend time. Its been alot longer than you've been alive that we've known each other and...I'm somewhat in debt to you, so if you ask...I'll whisk you away and maybe if you owe me I'll bring Corbin along."
    "I wish I could..." He stopped short interrupted by Charlie's sudden disappearance, not entirely unlike her. Oh well, dreams where just that..dreams.

He muddied around in the remains of torn up soldiers scrounging what little was left, pulling pictures or I.D's and of course bullets and guns, everything was sacred when supplies were limited. He brushed his hands over their eyes hoping in someway, though, he knew better, they'd rest easy.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Varies
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Now was not the time to have anyone try to whisk her away. Corbin still wasn't happy with him. Nor anyone else in the world right now. While she rarely made a fuss, Corbin still had needs, wants, desires and a whole lot of pent up frustration with life and her place within it. Safe to say, letting her stew alone behind that broken door to dwell in all of that angst, hate and misery was pretty much the best way to purge all that ailed her. She'd even fix the door. (Cause, lets be honest, it was not the first or last time an inanimate object deserved a good breaking.)

A much calmer woman emerged from that room. One who felt more than a wee bit guilty for leaving both Atris and Jill high and dry. She watched in silence as he started gathering up the effects from the dead who had owned them. Was a heartbreaking job for anyone. But, he'd so often taken the task upon himself. Maybe that was because he fully understood that life was not infinite. In a heartbeat, any one of them could be gone.

It was that realization that drew Corbin to his side where she'd lay her hand to his left shoulder without saying a single word. They'd seen death way too often. At times, he seemed way to hardened by the sight for his own good. Perhaps a good old temper tantrum would help him decompress. If and until that happened, she'd offer to help gather up the weapons, patches and personal effects. In many ways it was just another day where people live or die. No different from the days before and, likely, no different from those that follow. They seemed trapped on a merry-go-round with no way off.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have stormed off. ..hairpin trigger I guess." They can't save the dead; but, they could care for the living. They could also do better at caring for each other. "Forgive me?" It was out of character for her to go ballistic over a little bit of teasing.
    If you have something worth fighting for,

Then fight for it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123