Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Magnificent 7 (Maya and Anti(M))

A Leaf on the Wind
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Varies
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

For her part, Corbin never claimed to have any sort of common sense at all. Life had always seemed to run on pure adrenaline and not much else. There were many days where death seemed more of a beautiful dream than living in this insufferable mess of a world where up was down, down was up and happiness seemed to slide through her fingertips like the wind in a sandstorm.

Maybe it was her ignorance and belief that Atris was Charlie's golden boy and she a toy placed in front of him to keep him occupied during down times. However, now it seemed there was a wee bit more to it than that.

"Don't you think this whole process would have moved along much easier if someone..say YOU..would have offered up this information in plain speech in the first place? You being death is kind of a big deal. I never understand why sentient beings like yourself can't just cut to the chase." Which was not likely to please Charlie very much. But, if the woman knew anything about Corbin, it was that she didn't hold back any punches when aggravated.

It took a few moments of stewing in silence before another word was uttered. At first, her words might anger Charlie even further. "First off stop referring to me as a bitch. If you don't provide me with truth, I'm gonna give you some flack. Two, you best leave my fucking heart alone. It's one of the only things I've ever owned in my whole existence. If and when I decide to give it away, that will be MY decision." OK, so this was not a good start. Corbin's gaze drifted to Atris only to see he had vanished and she was left to float in the verse alone. That very heart she spoke of now racked with unbearable heart ache at the idea she'd lost him.

"Just know I don't do this for you, Charlie. I do this for Atris." Inhaling deeply, causing a long pregnant pause. "I agree....I agree!"
    A River Cuts Through a Rock

Not Because of It's Power,
    But It's Persistence

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

"Damn mortals. Do you know why you are in this predicament? Why every celestial being hates you? You're entitled. You essentially have the power of the Gods drifting right in front of you and are so convinced you control your own destiny and deserve to know it all. One, you have been gifted by those more powerful than I, Two, you don't deserve to know anything, you need to learn it, Three, stop thinking like a damn human, you're Nephilim. There's alot more to this world then you understand, cosmic laws in place that I just broke for you. Show some damned gratitude." Charlie growled at her before her hand flung out to the size and seemingly ripped Corbin out of whatever stasis she was in.

The last words Charlie said faded out with a slight echo. "Bitch.."

Corbin was left standing above the body Atris who was curled up on the ground holding his chest while lying in a puddle of blood. He was breathing but it was staggered and he looked as if he were in pain. He didn't move and now Corbin was alone, Charlie had disappeared and what was more.

This world was lifeless...or atlesst it felt that way, but how could it also feel like she was being watched.

A Leaf on the Wind
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Varies
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Stunned..Corbin was completely stunned. So much so her mouth couldn't form words for a time. There were so many questions she wanted to ask of Charlie. Information that was still needed to process it all. She'd been gifted..why? She didn't need to know..she needed to learn? The entity was already gone before she was even able to say. "I'm a what?" Nephilim. That was the word which still lingered in the air even as the world around her altered into a different reality. "But, I can't be. I'm human..I can't.." Charlie had her hands full with these two. All she asked for was gratitude just before slinging Corbin off to who knows where land. To be fair, there was a muttered..."Thank you?" to Charlie in the process. Followed by that sweet exclamation in return on Charlie's part. "Bitch."

Should she really be thankful for knowledge without understanding of it? Was a bomb just right for exploding. She'd soon discover there was no time for philosophical thinking nor the pondering of the universe and her place. Corbin didn't make it further than a few steps before spying Atris on the ground in a pool of blood.

"No..nonononononnoooo...no please.." Dropping down to her knees at his side, using both hands to try and stop the blood loss. "This is how you help us Charlie! ..By killing him! I fucking HATE you!!!" Let's be honest, there was no time to call the bitch out or rage to the heavens. Corbin could kick Charlie's ass another day. Right now, she had to figure out what to do.

She was a Nephilim. What did she know about them? ..."Think, think, think..you stupid brain...uhm..there's different kinds. Some that are almost mortal. Transcendents..they're Godlike. I don't feel god like." Slapping Atris across the face a few times; but, he didn't move.

"Isn't there a learners manual for this! What else do I know? Divine magic! You harness it and then it can be focused and you can heal wounds. Oh my god..Nephilim can heal wounds!" Taking in a few deep breathes to slow her breathing and calm down. Her hands were shaking as she rolled him over on his back and pressed her palms over the gaping wound. "I can do this. I can do this. Just breathe and focus."

It seemed to take forever to push out all the worry and fear that served to muddle her mind. She steadied herself, emptied all those manic thoughts from her mind and reached deep inside herself to draw up the elements from a divine arcane craft of the past. The magic did not come easily. She had to learn to move with the flow of the powers that be and harness them. While it may have seemed to take hours, her Nephilim traits soon moved to forefront of her mind. Again her hands were placed on the limp body of Atris, again she focused in on the energy now hovering right at her fingertips and over the wounds he'd sustained. The divine magic began to light up the very space they were in as she silently commanded the energy to make him whole again. "Please, Atris. Come back to me..don't leave me here alone." Surely one could not live without the other.
    A River Cuts Through a Rock

Not Because of It's Power,
    But It's Persistence

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234