Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Magnificent 7 (Maya and Anti(M))

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default The Magnificent 7 (Maya and Anti(M))

Smog was dense with the flames of war continually burning with no end in sight. He and several others were crouched in hiding behind a large distorted column of rubble. His head inched around rocks that hung loosely, while only small pebbles held them in place. His eyes caught a glimpse of demons overwhelming an angel pinning it to the ground and using some broken form of Crucifixion to send the heavenly soul screaming into the abyss and as the light began to build to a peak, the dust covered man with sweat cutting grooves into a filthy face pressed his finger to his lips and readied his weapon. The light compounded by the blood curdling scream of the angel erupted all at once and in the glory of an angel's fall vision was shattered for an instance while the light faded and erased the celestial body from existence.

A child whimpered in fear but he smiled with a finger still pressed to his lips and consoled the boy by placing a hand on his shoulder and mouthing, "Don't worry, I'll protect you." The group was barely five strong, with Atris at the helm steering them betwixt and between the war-torn streets. It had been nine long years, nine excruciating years that Heaven and Hell warred against each other, neither side flinching at the losses of hundred or thousands of their own at a time. Somehow, more just coming, the lines forever filling the holes left by the fallen. Among all of this, the humans scurried and lived in the rubble like rats, only now...rats lived the sweet life. Until this war, this Apocalypse began we never knew what it was like to not be riding the top of the food chain.

He pulled his hand back as the demon's resumed their movements which gave a momentary break in lines of sight allowing this exhausted group of survivors to make a run for it. It wasn't far where the humans were held up in hiding and he'd done this run more times than he could count so he wasn't worried but for the kid and four others they were petrified, no one lingered above ground, not anymore.

His hand held in the air counting five fingers, then four, his head peaked around the corner again, three, two, his feet adjusted in the rubble as he stood and they followed suit, one. He rounded the corner and aimed down range while throwing his arm in the direction for them to run. In front of them it could be seen, not even one hundred yards, other people armed and ready to fight. Atris watched praying to no God, but to something that everything would run smoo- and a scream cracked the patter of feet and grinding of gravel.

He turned his barrel to see the woman and child ducking out of the way of a 'bat'. The woman fell and hid up under fallen rubble where for the moment she would be safe. However, this 'bat' was about three times the size of a human and sported both legs and arms of its own, it actually was closer to a gargoyle than a 'bat'.

"Bat! Everyone move, move, move!" He pulled the butt of his rifle against his shoulder and fired into the air making precise trigger pulls but never connecting with the body of his target, all this while his feet kicked dust as he moved to act as a shield for the woman an child. They were so close to home that when the firing started multiple others crawled out of the hole and positioned for defense, but Atris, the woman, and the child were separated enough that the outcome looked bleak at best.

"Alright.." The explosions of bullets leaving the barrel in a burst came as an interruption, "...On my count..run, do not stop, do not look back.." The woman nodded but flinched in fear as she stood. "On my grave, you will survive." He aimed his rifle in the air and took a knee. "Three, Two, One!" He counted down loud and as he hit one he unleashed a hail of bullets into the sky.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC
    War on High Interest Check
    Got a discord? Hit me up via a PM we can do an info exchange!

A Leaf on the Wind
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

There was a time, when she was younger, where there was some memory of a green landscape, flowing rivers and the gift of a beautiful sunrise was almost always a guarantee. Corbin was just a child then...before the war. Before almost everything in sight was turned to dust, broken rubble and the air so heavy with ash, it was hard to breath without wearing something over your mouth. You get used to the desolate conditions with time. You never get used to the 'visitors' who stop by to wreak havoc. They came from the air. Denizens of heaven or hell. Killing each other and every innocent who stood in the way. Were these two factions truly any different from the rest of us? Did they offer anything of value aside from their own greed? She didn't think so. Get rid of both factions, heaven and hell, and the world would be a better place for it.

"Why do you wait for him, yet not tell him? You're afraid aren't you? That's funny. You always come across as so strong. So bad ass. You don't need anyone or anything. But, you're not. You need him. We all see it. But, you won't admit it, will you?"

The truth hurts. Corbin seems to think so. She keeps her eyes on the horizon when he's gone. An old habit, years in the making, that will never be broken. Always waiting. Always watching for that plume of dust floating high up on the horizon. The first sign of movement and life in a barren landscape. The drifting, blowing swirls of sand don't always mean his return. There is always a chance of warmongers trying to breach the gates of the compound. The beasts move swiftly. Their blood thirst unquenchable. Leaving only a path of death in their wake. But, this approaching plume wasn't moving fast enough to be the beasts. Nor were they moving fast enough to escape should there be an attack on the travelling group she knew was on the way. "In coming!!" Corbin yelled to the others within the walls. A warning to arm themselves. To give cover to those desperately seeking refuge. To prepare to help those in need reach safety and prepare to treat the injured.

Devry's eyes never left that horizon. Her eagle eyes were locked on to the travelers and the surrounding area, searching for signs of trouble. At first, it seemed like the group might have gotten lucky and found a clean break to safety. But, that so called luck didn't last long. Movement in the desert sands was often a call for opportunistic creatures to feed..to maim..to kill. Today was no different. Dark shapes left ominous shadows over head. Winged, bat like creatures circled high above. Massive in size compared to the bats found in cave dwellings. In a death spiral, one by one, the bats made their way to the ground and those caught in the open below. Good thing they still had a decent supply of ammo. Corbin yelled at the top of her lungs. "Blow them back to hell!" The men and woman of this small community may not be big in numbers; but, they'd become pretty good shots by now. Lots of practice. Corbin had an especially ornery penchant for blowing off the beasts heads if they got within range.

Atris and his group were in a bit of a pickle. They were so close to the gates of the compound. But so far away at the same time. She knew it would be hard for Atris to run and shoot accurately, while trying to coral the people he was working hard to get to safety. So, she'd give him a little help by taking the two 'bats now' dipping their angry teeth and claws his way. She took them out of commission with the blasts of her rifle. More would come in retaliation. Anyone caught outside the compound were practically sitting ducks.

As Atris began firing rounds into the air giving those on the ground some cover, she left the safety of the gated compound, rifle in hand; but, pointed down to the ground. Not wanting to scare those running to the open gate by holding a gun on them. "Get in! Get inside..hurry!" Trusting the two men taking point on the wall to offer enough firepower to get everyone within safely. When the woman and child were close enough to the opening, Corbin grabbed the child first and rushed to get the little one safely inside. When she turned back, the woman was on the ground. Too scared to move ..too scared not to. Call it tough love; but, the she would find herself yanked hard by the upper arm. "You will get up or you will die. There is no other choice. Go to your child.." Giving the woman a shove towards the open gate. Life or death was often in ones own hand. Thankfully, the mother chose right and found safety for both.

Only one more remained. Atris. Alive or dead, Corbin would not leave him to the barren wasteland and the menacing creatures within. Instead, she would use herself as a distraction. If she survived, he could yell at her later.

One of the men keeping watch on the wall saw her walking out much further than was safe. "Are you mad, woman? Get inside! You'll be killed."

"Been mad my whole life, Jacob. Nothing different now." Hopefully, Atris was on the move towards the gate. Hopefully, she could concentrate on the bat beast barelling down on him and not focus on him instead. Hopefully, she had at least one shot left. If not, well..they'd both be screwed. "Atris" Yelling out his name for all to hear. "..might I suggest NOW is a very good time to get your ass inside the compound? Just saying, I think it'd be better for both of us if..." unable to finish whatever brassy, sassy comment she was about to let fly because the bat's long, claws latched to her left arm, picking her up a good five feet off the ground and shaking her like a rag doll. "Jacob..don't you dare shoot it!" Knowing the man was just crazy enough to take pot shots with her in tow. Everyone knew he wasn't a sharpshooter. More of a hit and miss guy. The gun was still in her free hand; but, it would be risky to get an accurate shot with one flailing arm. Somehow, Corbin managed to blow one of the bat's feet clear off. Which was enough to make the beast screech out in painful, ear piercing screams, causing it to drop her to the hard ground below as the bat made an erratic descent into the air.
    Last edited by Maya; 01-04-2017 at 02:25 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Corbin hit the ground hard kicking up a small tuft of dust. Atris pulled a pistol from the small of his back and let rip three or four shots that tore into the wings of the bat who was spiraling out of control, bouncing off rubble and ultimately to the ground. He holstered his weapon and slung the rifle over his shoulder. "You know I enjoy my long walks on the beach, but you're holding me up..let's get a move on." Atris smiled down and Corbin while digging his boots into the ground and tossing her over his back. "Now, if I know you, you're gonna kick and moan, but just enjoy the ride." He snarked sarcastically while moving back toward the gate keeping his head down through sustained rifle bursts.

The gates were only twenty or so feet away when a small squadron maybe thirty to forty demons deep pushed through some of the concrete walls of buildings that were falling around down around them. 'That can't be good..' There were a few contingency plans incase of a full on demon assault and that was to move everyone who wasn't already into the sub levels of the compound that were built in an old metro. It actually contained all living areas and it was where most people were resting. Staying above ground typically resulted in problems, so there were only ever at most five or six armed guards.

Atris hurried his pace when the covering fire became more prominent as the demonspawn encroached on their dwelling. He slide them between the gates before they slammed shut reassembling the main gate sigil that protected them from demons and angels entering. The sigil was a large carved emblem that was embedded deep into the steel plating so that it made it extremely difficult to break. If even one break was anywhere in the sigil it was immediately inactive and equally as difficult to fix as it was to break. He knelt down just as the gates closed and let a couple of extremely over-exaggerated gasps for air. "Corbin....have you gotten heavier since the last time I carried you?"

His arms that had wrapped around her legs let go so she could hop down and a few people ran over to check on her gashes and/or cuts in her arm. The damage from the claws could vary depending on how well the bat had latched on, there was also the five or so foot fall, if she had gotten heavier it probably would have hurt more. He smirked at the thought, but she wasn't the only one they were all to concerned about. Earlier on during the pick up of that small group Atris had been in a fist fight with a demon he should have tried to fight and had gotten himself multiple injuries, though thanks to the child's mother they had temporarily been bandaged up. With the aggressive activity right toward the end he was pretty sure by the few specks of blood on the dirt his stitches had torn back open.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

There was more than one thing keeping her at bay when it came to Atris. Mostly, he was such a smart ass! Scooping her up to bounce upon his shoulder! As if she needed saving. "Put me down you oaf! I can walk." If her fall hadn't broke anything. Even if it had, she wasn't going to let him know. So yes, she was going to bitch and moan. "God dammit, Atris!!!" People were looking, laughing at the site of the pair as they closed in on the gates. Even with bullets still whizzing about, she'd still kick him. And yes, her good arm would still beat on his chest. "When we get inside, so help me..I'm kicking your ass. I swear to god!" Was it wrong that they danced around each other like this so often it was predictable? Comical even. It was always one step forward and two steps back with her. She wanted to want him; but, didn't want to admit it.

He muttered those words..'That can't be good.' Which led her to question. "What can't be good..exactly?" Only took a few seconds of hearing the flapping wings, more than just one or two, along with their incessant screeching as the demons trained their eyes on the pair. "I can run. Atris..I have two legs. Put me down before we're both demon chow!" God damn it, stubborn ass, hard headed, pain in the butt!! What seemed like an hour of bullets whizzing over head was really only a few minutes. Soon enough, they were inside the gate and he was securing their defenses once again. All the while, talking smack about her weight. "It's never smart to talk about a woman's weight. You loose touching privileges." Did he want to touch her? Doubtful after the beating he'd already gotten.

Suddenly, she was surrounded by 'helpful' people who wanted to tend her wounds. There was one thing she truly hated..being babied. Especially in a group setting. In private, that was one thing. With gawkers..another. "It's nothing, it's nothing. I'm fine..please just.." Sighing heavily. "It's just a flesh wound." Along with more than a few bruises. No one needed to know that. Let her keep up the tough girl facade.

Once the dust had settled and the sigil was doing it's job, Corbin gave a cursory glance to the gash on her upper arm. It looked gnarly and would likely scar; but, she wouldn't be too concerned until the puss started leaking out. Besides, this wasn't her first time to be on the wrong end of a claw or bite and likely wouldn't be the last. A little washing, a bit of medicinal cream and she'd survive. Be walking a little funny for awhile after the hard landing. Her attention would fall to Atris. Not noticing, until now, that he wasn't in the best of shape. Awww, damn it! Now she felt bad about pummeling him!

"Hey...Atris.." Unsure of what to say for a hot second. "You..uhm.." Look like hell came to mind. Here's where the fireball turned into a pussycat. She'd kneel down beside him to take in the vast extent of injuries. Gently cradling his chin. He had to be in so much pain. She hurt for him. "You're bleeding. ..God, A..what the hell?" Why try to box a bat, demon, thing? He was just asking for trouble. "Come on, lets go down to my quarters and I'll patch you up a bit better." See, she could be nice.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Future references, I did confirm that Demons hit like a high speed truck on an empty highway." He stood up wincing a little and clutching his side. "Addendum, claws suck." He pulled his hand away and was a little stunned that his palm was covered in his own blood. The problem was, that his blood was discolored and everyone knew what that meant. The day you die, you won't go to a grave, you won't go to heaven or hell, as if anyone would want to these days, you'd be burned and tossed to the open void. He grimaced his good mood rapidly fading. Corbin had offer to patch up his wounds and he supposed that there werent many who could do much better. Infact, she was probably the most gifted 'nurse' in the entire compound.

With the gates slammed shut behind them there would be atleast some peace for the moment, though with the sounds of gunfire still ringing in the open air, it wouldn't be long till a small battalion of those blood crazed monsters showed and where they were, angels would be too. "Alright Corbin, let's go, specially since I don't have the energy to even stop you. H-hey on the upside of you gaining weight...your punches will hurt more. Even under duress he loved messing with her, she had gained a pound but damn did it piss in her cheerios for him to act like he thought so.

He started toward the stairs that lead into the old metro, stumbling here and there along the way. They were beat up, hell the concrete was even starting to fall apart. This place had been beat down and rattled. The explosions of judgement and the ruptures from the hellfires were taking their toll on even the most well fortified of places. He grabbed the railing and the homestead came into view. There were roughly forty, maybe even fifty with the new additions and even in and among the chaos they were content. It wasn't a great living, but if everyone pitched in and did what they could to help it made it that much easier.

The soldiers through the compound were known by name, so when one passed it was considered a day of mourning but when one showed up hurt, the people were there to aid. Atris was not unpopular, with the children, the men or women, and neither was Corbin and while everyone knew they had eyes for each other noone was entirely sure they knew. Atris had always been attatched to Corbin and she to him, but for some reason neither could put the nail in the coffin.

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"So, what you're saying is you used yourself as a test dummy to see how hard a demon can hit? Nice.." Shaking her head in disbelief. He was definitely crazy in the brain. Most of the time it was a good kind of crazy. "I'm hoping you learned something from it." As for the odd color of his blood, it was already a given there was no way to alter the process. Despite that one tiny problem, his blood would still coagulate normally, so he wouldn't bleed to death any time soon. Which is why it was perfectly fine to poke him in the chest fairly hard with her index finger repeatedly. "Stop..doing..stupid..shit!" Sure, half the the time they bickered with each other; but, the other half of the time was usually nice. If he died, who else would she pick on mercilessly?

"You know, if you talk about my weight one more time, I'm going to be tempted to tie you up and stick you under Walter's bed. You know he's flatulent, even on the best days." The man who often manned the gates was rather large and loved chili, chili beans, plain old beans, black beans. It was a food staple still plentiful and easy to store in huge quantities with no fear of spoiling.

At first, her plan was to follow behind Atris down the cracked and flaking concrete stairs. Offering him no conversation..because he'd implied at least twice now that she'd gained a pound or two. After he seemed to falter and came very close to falling, it became clear to Corbin he was in no condition to be walking unaided unless she wanted him to kiss the pavement. But, she wouldn't dare challenge the worth of his man card by suggesting he was vulnerable in any way. "I might need your help down the stairs." Which was true, she'd had a fairly decent fall from grace back there. He'd feel her left arm sweep around behind his back, trying to be careful since the depth of his injuries was yet to be fully known. Her arm would offer a bit of much needed support for both of them.; but, she was careful to do anything that might further exacerbate the problem.

For now, her focus would stay on Atris and push other worries aside. She wanted to get him into her quarters so a better look could be had at his injuries. Many of the residents showed visible concern over the amount of blood he was losing and, if only in whispers, the odd color of the blood now dripping down from the wound. "He's fine.." She assured them in passing. Once she managed to get her door opened with one hand, while balancing his weight with the other arm, Corbin sacrificed her freshly, cleaned sheets on her tiny bed, not much more than a cot, for his use. His shirt was carefully removed, just in case the blood had started drying to his body already. Then guiding Atris gently down on his side so she could get a better look at the wounds. If he dare try to claim it was 'just a flesh wound', she'd give him the stanky eye in return. "Shhh.."

First off, she'd grab a bottle of rubbing alcohol to rinse out the cuts and gashes. "This might hurt. Before you bitch about it.." Drizzling the alcohol into all those lovely nooks and crannies he'd opened up. They'd bubble up in foamy, white streams. Doing most of the work to disinfect and deter infection. Of course, it would sting like hell along the way. Her lips pursed, giving a little blow which sometimes eased the burn of the astringent. She also just happened to have several jars of silver solution cream that would help protect from infection and hasten healing. What Corbin wouldn't do was talk much in the process. For she was far too focused on doing what could be done to ease his pain and get him back on his feet. Even when wrapping the bandage around his chest, it was done gently, but silently. What he may not realize was just how much she worried over him. The concern rarely showed on her face. She'd had years of perfecting being nonchalant. He'd come close to death more times than she could count. It was starting to take a toll on her.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The alcohol swarmed over the would like he'd just dunked it in water and just before the small amounts of stinging began ripping through the gash he smirked at the feeling of bubbles amassing on his flesh. He'd always thought it was cool to see chemicals react and whenever he spoke out loud about it there was always this sea of weird looks. 'Cool?' Not interesting? Or fantastical? but 'Cool'? That was Atris, calm collected and myriad of childishness and intelligence rolled into a fleshy balloon filled with gasses and liquids. He loved his outlook on life even in the bleakest of moments he was always fighting for one more breath, one last day and if he thought about it, Corbin was that main reason, but vthere were others. Even sulfur filled, foul smelling oxygen was still a reason to keep going. The memory of an older world where war wasn't all they knew, a family? Maybe. He'd probably be an alright dad.

"Ya know, in all this fighting and scouting I haven't asked, How's Core been?" He giggled liked a child at his clever puns although half expecting to get smacked in the back of the head for a multitude of reasons. Fighting demons, mocking her nonexistent weight gain, being punny..

The pain had already set in and passed and the after effects of a clean wound and the smell of alcohol were waft into his nose. Among other smells, Corbin was always a satisfying person to be around, even in her most ferocious moments she was relaxing by comparison to the rest of the world. He'd figured out a long time ago the reason he adored being around her and her. Just watch for a few days and its likely you'd see it too.

About the time she wrapped the bandages around his open wound and he was able to stand, there was a long ringing and torrent of voices being raised "They're here! Demons!" H his eyes and thought to himself, if nothing could bed said for how strong the demons were you had to wonder if they were stupid sometimes. Waves and waves and waves of monsters threw themselves at homesteads like this one and numerous times they'd fail...though, they did usually win in the end and that made him question if demonic numbers were finite. He pulled himself with use of Corbin's thigh to keep him balanced. "No rest for the wicked, huh?"

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

She might have poured a little more alcohol on that wound than necessary simply because he's mentioned she'd gained weight more than one time today. Corbin could have refused to help him at all. She could have let him face plant for being such an inconsiderate ass at times. But, no..she wasn't like that. He needed help and she'd help him. Besides, she didn't want any of these other ladies to believe they could step in and do so. H to the E double LL no!

At his comment, she'd smirk and come damn close to dousing that wound again. Would still burn the same a second time. "I don't care. If she's thinner than me, I may have to scalp her." If Atris was expecting a smile, he'd have to wait a little longer. For she wasn't going to let him off the hook that easily. Nope...he'd have to withstand the weight of her heavy glare for a minute or two. "Sometimes you're an ass..you know that." Giving a hard tug to his ear. "Why do I put up with you? Oh yeah, I guess I like you a little." Pressing her thumb and index finger so close together there was almost no space between them at all. "Very little when you give me a hard time."

In truth, she wouldn't have him any other way. Otherwise, life would be very boring.

"So" Putting the finishing touches on the bandages. "How we feeling now?" Picking up the silver solution for her own set of gashes. Regardless of what cream was used, there'd still be scars left behind. More of them anyway. As fate would have it, she'd never get a chance to tend her own needs before the sirens started again. "Noooo..I wanted a nap! Damn it!" No rest for the wicked.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

He pulled the the body of his pistol back that kicked the hammer down and readied it to fire. He flinched getting up, holding his side but to be honest it wasn't all to bad. Corbin was skilled enough rather than him having near no movement ability he'd only be reduced a little to what he was capable of. He smiled and rolled his shoulders forward two or three times having a good stretch from having to lay in one position. He felt his muscle constrict and groaned a little. "So, you ready for our date?" He flicked his wrist up the barrel of the gun insinuating that all this fighting was the only time they ever seemed to get out together. The gunfire echoed and people kept moving on about their daily chores. This really was nothing new so even the children could hear blood curdling screams and not flinch.

Each shot was echoing and you could even hear a few explosions out around the wall, frag grenades clearing demons, or maybe some of Jill's improvised explosives. Jill was another person that lived down in the metro, kept to herself mostly but that was due to the nature of her job. She was the outfitter and armorer, so dealing with soldiers was day in and out. She liked her tranquility when it was available. Speaking of Jill, Atris moved back what passed for a door to Corbin's room and there she was holding a backpack full of secondary firearms and some dynamite. "You and Corbin good to fight?"

"Are we ever not?."
    "Atris, alot of saw you take a good beating and you're not entirely recovered from the last time, yet your dumbass insists on making runs above ground alone."
    "Well, ya know I'm the best at it."
    "You and Corbin are the best at it."
    "Jill, we can't lose us both, we're down to our last two if we both get killed, this place, our home...its already tough to keep us running."
    Atris grimaced at Jill who looked down at his gun, which was due for a cleaning and fixing and it took him half a second to see where this was going.
    "Do whatever you want, but if you break my gun? Demons, Angels, Hell the Gods themselves won't be anything for you to worry about." She tossed her hair and kicked up her heels not taking anymore time from getting to the stair way to the surface.

He looked over his shoulder at Corbin before kneeling down to adjust his boot. He set down his gun with a light clank on the floor. His fingers pinched the ends of his laces and he tugged roughly tightening the tongue down onto the ridge of his foot. He moved his hand across the floor and wrapped his fingers around the hilt of his gun and his fingers squeezed, several soldiers came toppling down the stairs and to his horror the shadow of a set of wings and thing, large body cast a shadow and let out an ear piercing roar.

"Breach!!!" Rang loudly through the room that filled immediately with screams as the source of the word was torn in half and his blood arching out across the room in the shape of a large chipped blade.

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The sound of bullets whizzing by was starting to get on her nerves. Atris could probably lose his head and still keep fighting. He was tenacious like that. "I know you can't be convinced to sit this one out. But, when it's over, I'm going to force you to take some time to recoup if I have to tie you up with chains." Which was no joke. At some point, he needed to heal fully instead of the half ass patch job she'd been holding him together with.

"Our date? .." Was he referring to the jovial sounds of gunfire whizzing top side? "I'm not all that good at dating; but, if I ever go on a real date, I hope it's not to the serenade of gun fire, screeching bats, pissed off angels or demons or devil dogs or whatever the hell it may be." Checking the rounds in her 45 that hung from the holster on her right hip before doing the same with her rifle as well. Unlike Atris, she always kept her weapons clean and ready for action. It helped that SHE regularly visited with Jill to ensure there'd be no ill timed snafu's with her gear.

When Jill asked if they were good to fight, she had no qualms about telling her. "He's not." A fact. "But, I'll watch his back because he's going to go anyway." Stubborn ass that he was. No one was invincible. As the two continued their discussion, Corbin took that moment to lean against the stone wall to wait it out. This was between Atris and Jill. She had no dog in this fight.

When he glanced her way, Atris would get a shrug of her shoulders in return. "Not it.." If he told her to stay within the shelter of the walls and offer cover, she'd stay. If he asked her to go with him, she'd go. They had a fairly simple way of communicating. Hell, she could probably read his mind. Not sure if she wanted to truly know what was going on in there.

"You need some help A?" After all he'd been through, the art of shoe tying might be a little more difficult. Corbin was just about to rag him for taking his own sweet time when all hell broke loose. Soldiers were dropping like flies down into the stairwells. Bloodied souls who were in the right place at the wrong time. The sanctity of their home had been breached by another winged beast. This one was proving itself even more deadly that the others before. She'd seek cover in the stairwell which made sharp right turns all the way into the other levels, peeking around the bend to see where the intruder might be. If Corbin could get off a clean shot, she'd try to pop two rounds into his chest or head. A big if. "Atris! ....Any suggestions?" There were a lot of people living on the site. They had to do something to keep them safe.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast