Thread: Adventures in Akaresh

2Spooky4U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Default Adventures in Akaresh

Some little snippets of characters and settings from the world I am currently crafting. These will be very vague and disjointed because I haven't come up with names or any super detailed stuff yet, so bear with me. Here is the lore-building thread, if anyone feels like taking a peek: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85223

And, just as a forewarning, some of this stuff might be a little M. Not overly so, but I'm just putting that there just in case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're full of it."

A slightly-slurred man's voice reverberated from inside the small tavern. The owner of the voice, a short, gruff-looking man dressed in ragged clothing, sat with his feet propped upon a rickety wooden table. Sickly-sweet smoke drifted up from his hookah pipe, mixing with the odors of freshly baked food and the clamorous noise that was taken for music in this backwater bar.

"Magic, dragons, all that stuff. It ain't real," he continued, speaking to the similarly-dressed man across from him. "It's all made up by the sultan, just so he can keep lazing around in his palace all day."

"But what about..." The other man leaned in and lowered his voice to a dramatic whisper. "The Circle?"

The short man spat. "Pah! No more than a bunch of pansy scholars, the whole lot of them!" A drunken recklessness began to take control of the man and he stood up. "Anyone who believes in magic is just a stupid, no-good pansy!" His companion attempted to quiet him, but his words had already reached the ears of everyone in the room.

In the shadowed corner, the pointed ears of an elf perked upwards. With a small smirk, he ascended from his seat and approached the rowdy man with careful confidence. The man turned abruptly, momentarily startled by the presence of the elf, but quickly recovered.

"You one of those pansies, huh, pretty boy?" He had to look up to make eye contact with the elf, meeting his blue gaze cockily. "I bet you think magic will solve everyone's problems... well, guess what, it sure ain't helpin' the war in your land, is it?" The drunken man continued his rant, much of it slurred beyond comprehension, as his more sensible friend winced as if he was about to be struck.

The elf remained silent, cocking one silver eyebrow. A heavy cloaked concealed most of his apparel, although he carried no weapons to be hidden. The short man fumed, going on and on about how magic was a hoax and that dragons never existed. Eventually, he seemed to have come under the assumption that the elf was arguing with him, despite his silence.

"You... you..." The man balled his fists into tight wads. "Ghanir take you, damn elf!" The haze of too many drinks and too many smokes had taken effect, and he was completely delusional. The clenched fists became projectiles as he swung clumsily at the elf, but he was never able to contact.

In a blur, the elf's ebony hand came up and gripped his assailant's arm, pinning him to the nearby wall. His azure eyes flashed, and suddenly a tongue of blue-green fire formed around the knuckles of his free hand. Onlookers gasped and fled in a panic, unsure of what they had just seen, leaving only the elf and his attacker in the deserted tavern.

The short man breathed heavily, snapped out of any sort of stupor by the threat on his life. "P-please, sir, I-" He stammered, shaking in the elf's grip.

The elf sighed. He lowered his hand, letting the unnatural flames flicker out of existence, and let go of the man. Nearly stumbling over his own feet, the man dashed out of the building, his eyes wide with a mixture of fear and astonishment.

One thing's for sure, thought the elf, returning to his seat in the now-vacant room. No one will believe him.
    Last edited by Splat; 12-31-2016 at 03:24 AM.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on