Page 1 of 32 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Haelorin Saga [M]

A Storm Is Coming
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Default The Haelorin Saga [M]

This RP is rated M for all the usual suspects: violence, racism, possible sexual themes, language, possible substance abuse

The Haelorin Saga
    I

Mother’s Mercy

IC

Ages come and pass as the nations of the world rise and fall, borders flow fluid through the merciless march of time. Aeons of war mark the world, scars and festering wounds shaping the land and those who call it home. What should not have been forgotten, has slipped into legend and myth, or lost forever to indifferent progression of time.

This, the Ninth Age of Haelorin, is a time of tension. The world and its inhabitants still reel from the Shattering, the cataclysm that tore the World That Was apart and weakened the veil between what is and what cannot be. Monsters from children stories, long since thought extinct or unmade, return with a ravenous thirst for blood. The threat of uncontrolled magicks drive the icy nail of an all-too-familiar terror into the hearts and minds of all. The frightening progressions of technology hearten some while gravely threatening others. Shadows of war loom - long, dark, and unfathomable.

It takes more courage to suffer than to die

The many kingdoms, empires, and republics of Haelorin all know that the world is already teetering near the brink, and that the heavy shadow of war may very well provide the scales with the final tip they needed. In a last-ditch effort to try and assuage the bristling hostility between nations, the many powers-that-be have ordered a peace summit at the independent island-nation of Sanctuary. Behind the curtains of iron and black intent, forces have been set to sinister purpose, bringing with them a darkness that has not been seen since the Shattering. Mighty Empires seek to continually expand, pushing their borders with the fires of industry and the keen edge of a blade.

As summer comes to a bitter close, the Season of the Mother ages into the Crone, bringing with it hardships of age and metal. Uther Valkenschild, Kaiser of Sonnengard, sees his Empire strained to the brink. Continuing war with Ussaria to bring them under Sonnengard’s banner, continued investments of troops and resources to efforts beyond the Winterbreach, trying to maintain a foothold in Amun’sar. Lords and nobles of the homeland grow discontent with the Kaiser’s iron reign, threatening revolt. Only so much can be accomplished as an iron nation, Varadren has gotten far too small, and when the cage gets too crowded, the beasts will turn on the greatest of the lions.
    At the insistence and behest of the Kaiserin, Uther has, for the first time since before Imperial conquest, to outside nations for The Fading Festival. While the middling and common folk celebrate with effigies of the goddess and feasts befitting their station, the higher stationed don their best autumnwear and flaunt their finest gems to partake in the court of the Kaiser. It is a feast and festival to honor the goddess, but also to pave way for a new Sonnengard, a nation of industry and ingenuity beyond mere bloodshed.

So, whom might you be in this menagerie of masks? A dutiful soldier? A noble with deep roots? A serf in livery? A spy, perhaps?

Sanctuary, Freeport of Golden Spires

The Known Realms of Haelorin
    and their inhabitants

Full Resolution Link. Click "Download"

Spoiler: The Varadren Kingdoms 

Spoiler: Amun’sar 

Spoiler: Ryujin & The Sea of One Thousand Kings 

Spoiler: The Eldar Realms 

Spoiler: Dwarven Kingdoms 

Spoiler: Savage Folk 

And yet there is more of the world out there, beyond the borders of perception and recorded history, the supposed cradle of creation, where the gods were said to walk among mortals. Lands of legend, myth, and others long forgotten in the ruinous currents of time.

In times such as these, where the fanatics scream and holler as self-proclaimed heralds of the End, the people of Haelorin will cling to something - anything - as a means to give them security, safety, and peace of mind. Despite the advances in technology in the modern Age, there has been a resurgence of spirituality as all people, mortal or long-lived, look to something beyond the blood-stained soil of their plane to find the answers to the hard questions. There are some, though, who seek such answers through the clamor of metal and the murmur of alchemist's tools. None are right or wrong, but all are desperate to find sanctuary in the bosom of faith.

Faiths of Haelorin
    The Light in the Darkness

Spoiler: Human Spirituality 

Spoiler: Elven Beliefs 

Spoiler: Dwarven Deities 

Technology
    The bloodied promise of progress

Spoiler: Drake Powder 

Spoiler: Fantastical Materials 

Spoiler: Magic and Sorcery 

Technical Matters
    When you have read the lore and ready to play

Spoiler: Special/ Restricted Roles 

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Character Skeleton 

Spoiler: StormWolf’s Characters 

Spoiler: Accepted Characters 
    Last edited by StormWolf; 01-26-2017 at 07:04 AM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

can I be a creature of the fey?

Spoiler: Things I like 

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

That's a broad spectrum. Any particular denomination?

Also, the map will be going up soon. Just need to run some errands.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

A Redcap

which includes a species of dwarf, goblin, elf or fairy, so all of them could fit a base if you need one.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

I'll post Thom shortly, also working on that other chracter.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

A Storm Is Coming
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Haha, no. Redcaps are a different, special shagnasty. Be that as it may, fae tend to keep to their own dimense or places of power. The Wilderglen, for example.

Sounds good, DNA

Romance, Historical, Modern, Sci-fi, Adventure, Action
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Looks awesome, StormWolf!

Might I suggest some resources to help get the word out, and help recruit even more new members?

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me a message!

Roleplay of the Week

Roleplay of the Week Guidelines

Roleplay of the Week Advertising

Roleplay of the Week Banner Shop

The Directory

Directory

Staff Signatures

Staff Signatures Thread
    Amazing set made by the wonderful
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StormWolf View Post
    Haha, no. Redcaps are a different, special shagnasty. Be that as it may, fae tend to keep to their own dimense or places of power. The Wilderglen, for example.

Sounds good, DNA
    so that's a no, then?

What about someone who is the offspring of a redcap and something else? Would they still be similar in power and abilities to one?

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

You know cf if you want to be unique you could probably play a bast blood and with the dozens of types of animals out there you could probably pick something unique.

HEy Storm you may want to go through the op and check your images at least one doesn't pop for me.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

i could. I just thought the idea of l ittle person wielding a big (for his size) scyth nd killing people so that he can dip his cap in their blood would be funny

Page 1 of 32 123 ... LastLast