Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Champions of Groun: A Stranger's Tale [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Wow it's been a while since I did one of these. Hopefully I'm not too rusty with lack of practice. I'm deliberately leaving the bonds blank for now cuz I want to give other people the chance to see my character and judge if they want to have a bond with her or not. Hope you guys like it!

Name: Acera Shadeborn

Appearance:
    Acera is about 5' 8", with light grey skin and pupil-less blue eyes, which are rare among her people. Her long hair is artificially black, and she has added a stripe of deep crimson along the right side. She generally dresses in deep blues with silver accents, and she wears at all times with a wooden pendant in the shape of a dragon head, which her father gave her just before he died. In battle she wears chain mail armor.

Race:
    Fetchling (decedents of humans trapped in the Shadow Plane)

Archetype:
    Arcane Archer/Ranger/Sky Stalker

Noteworthy Equipment:
    A longbow and quiver, and a short bladed kukri knife. Her most prized possession however is her hippogriff Talyn whom she rescued as a fledgeling and has developed a close bond with over the years.
    Spoiler: Talyn: 

Magic:
    Acera has been trained in evocation magic, and she is particularly skilled in manipulating the elements. She has also learned how to combine her magic with her arrows, and will frequently use this to produce gouts of fire or blasts of ice at range. This combined with her almost supernatural accuracy makes her especially deadly against groups of enemies at long range.

Deity:
    The Raven Queen-Goddess of Fate, Winter, and Death

Motivation:
    Acera was born in captivity and lived under the cruel reign of an evil dragon for the first five years of her life. She fights to protect others and to liberate all who are enslaved from their shackles.

Bonds:
    Vashti Acera likes Vashti a lot. When she first met her, she was somewhat intrigued by Vashti's more shy nature, and made an effort to get to know her better. Acera appreciates Vashti's calmer and more observant outlook, and frequently goes to her for advice. Vashti has saved Acera from saying the wrong thing at the wrong time more times than Acera can count. Acera also can be somewhat teasingly competitive with Vashti when it comes to their archery skills, though she always makes haste to make sure that Vashti knows it's all in fun.

Ensley For Acera, meeting Ensley has been the best part of journeying with this group. The two of them have a very similar way of looking at the world, and Acera found herself drawn to Ensley's upbeat and slightly flirtatious manner. In time slightly flirtatious became very flirtatious, and before long the two were spending a considerable amount of time together. With Acera's wanderlust she knew that she couldn't be in a committed relationship, so she isn't bothered by Ensley's other partners. No matter how far away from Groun Acera travels, Ensley is always one of the big things that draws her back.

Morthos When she found out that Morthos worshipped the Everqueen, Acera immediately wanted to get to know him. So few people worship the Twin Goddesses that they almost couldn't help but to share a connection. As they traveled together Acera grew to respect Morthos's bravery and determination, along with his drive to do the right thing. They work well together as a mix of range and melee, and when the two of them work together there are few who can stand in their way.

Sabin Since both Acera and Sabin are representatives of very uncommon races Acera found herself relating to Sabin when they first met. Acera had only rarely met dark-elves before, and she found Sabin fascinating. She quickly realized that Sabin was somewhat unusual even for a dark-elf. She was inquisitive and eager to learn about everything. This fit very well with Acera's adventuring spirit, and the two of them became good friends, bonding over a sharing of knowledge.

Roderic Acera enjoys Roderic's upbeat personality and simpler outlook on life. She finds it easy to be at ease around him and when she's in town she is always ready to grab a drink with him and talk about whatever comes into their minds. She was one of the first to encourage him to go after Vashti, and she thinks the two of them are adorable. She was also the first one to tell Roderic that if he breaks her heart she will break his nose, and she's only half joking about that.

Flaws:
    Acera has a tendency to speak her mind before thinking of the feelings of others. As a result she can be a little blunt sometimes and has been known to hurt people's feelings without meaning to.

Personality:
    Ever since escaping the Shadow Plane, Acera has viewed each and every moment as a gift. She revels in everything around her, delights in brightening the days of those around her, and seems to go through life permanently with a light heart. To some this may be irritating, but those who take the time to know her eventually come to find it endearing. The one thing that makes Acera become serious is a threat to her friends. Anyone foolish enough to try to hurt anyone she cares about, be it man or beast, will find themselves the recipient of a barrage of magically enhanced arrows. Acera is especially protective of Talyn, and will not let even the slightest aggression towards the hippogriff go unchallenged.

Background:
    At first, the settling of things in Groun came as a relief to Acera. She welcomed the opportunity to spend time with her new friends, and to get to know the townspeople. But as the days turned into months and still nothing happened, Acera slowly grew restless. She and Talyn began to explore the land surrounding Groun, sometimes staying away for days, or more recently weeks, at a time. But not matter how restless she was, Acera could never bring herself to abandon her friends or her new home. She is now returning from her most recent excursion just in time, though she doesn't know it, for a new adventure to begin.
    Last edited by redgar; 03-12-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Imperfectly Impossible
    Hmm...Fantasy with a twinge of maturation. I'll throwdown in the arena too
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hey, welcome aboard redgar. I'll add Acera to the opening post. Also just a heads up I edited the intro with a link to a picture of Iona as I got some questions about what the performing bard would look like.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yay thanks a lot Imposter. Anyone who wants to add Acera to the bonds list absolutely can and I look forward to roleplaying with you guys!

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Iona the Honeytongue does not look like I thought she did xD I've been imagining her as a human lol.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Imperfectly Impossible
    Hmm...Fantasy with a twinge of maturation. I'll throwdown in the arena too
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Surprise!

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Regard feel free to message me if you want to make a bond.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

I messaged everyone I believe about the bonds I didn't have figured out?

Edit: Added Iana and Acera to my bonds. Harry and I decided that our characters probably didn't talk very often. Vashti might even go as far as to avoid him.
    Last edited by .Karma.; 03-03-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Okay I've read the posts now.... Finally.

I'm still trying to figure out some things, so hopefully you don't mind...

Hoef, I think Imposter mentions that everyone physically feels that sadness, almost as if it was magical, everyone feels it... I'm not sure how your character avoids that? That is kind of confusing to me. Also, if he lacks sympathy like his CS says... Why is he taking care of orphans and adopting one? Also wouldn't a house full of orphans be really draining on an introvert?

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Not really how I saw it. Imposter is more than fit enough to clarify. It's not really clicking here.

As for the orphan situation, he's trying to cope with his lack of sympathy by overloading himself. By playing his lack of sympathy he's trying to make up for that by taking on civic duties around the town. And by having these civic duties, it'd contradict his introversion (as he's trying to change that as well). Essentially he's trying to change that vital weakness of his, and yes it is taxing on him. However he knows well enough not to show it. He's trying to force himself into believing that symapathy is something that is a conceivable concept that wasn't there when he was with the Icestalked. Yes, I know it may seem contradictory compared to the character-sheet but I'm playing the inner-struggles of the character in wanting to understand what sympathy is, while at the same-time he doesn't how to go about it. Thus taking on these taxing duties, such has having a bunch of rowdy orphans over at his cabin; where he normally wouldn't.

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Okay, thanks... that explanation about the orphans really helped.

I mean the sadness was enough to halt all the festivities, made some cry with the sorrow that had overtaken... even made Iona unable to play something to shift the mood... So, I just feel like that was something that was clarified through examples...

Anyways, I can definitely see why he has the orphans now... Trying to fix a weakness within himself. Thanks for the clarification.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast