Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eclipse. [OOC/M]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Eclipse. [OOC/M]

Rating: M: Violence, Language, Pretty much you name its likely here.

"The deepest fears will always reside in the darkness...or...was it our deepest fear is darkness itself?" -Unknown

In brightest day we will know warmth, clear skies, the sounds of an ever revolving world.
    In blackest night we will sleep, wrapped by soothing dreams, the world's words falling upon deaf ears.
    Time is a funny thing, we are slaves to the ever spinning hands of the clock, tick, tick, tick tocking away each second of our lives. We measure our days and nights by time, twelve and twelve for a total of twenty-four hours in a single cycle. But, why do we measure time? Numerous reasons I'd imagine and I'd bet you could find them all and list them here for me. However, when I was child, my mother taught me something of value. That man can be an unpredictable being and that as the skies darken, man shows his true colors oddly enough hidden in the shadow. The value of the lesson was simple. Fear the darkness.

Whether you're looking under your bed for the unknown or feeling the skies wrapping you in a cold embrace, the darkness knows no warmth, no light, and no kindness. The second lesson was always let the light be your guide, by its warm hands, and gentle caress,it's light will guide you. Because of this lesson, I built philosophies, in-fact I'm sure we all have. I know people, better than most and I can simplify everything I know into Light-Born and Dark-Born. Those aren't real words, but it is and easy way to categorize them. People are like day and night and we are born in both day or night. Me? I was born in the darkness and even though that may be true there is always a sliver of light, much like in those born in the light there is a sliver of darkness. We vary so much from person to person, but the world needs us all for an ever existing balance. That balance, that existence of both yin and yang is where our story will begin. Welcome.

The Light and Dark

It should be no surprise that much of our world is built on the ideals of good and evil, light and dark, that time is measured in the same way. In this world, we rotate between the light and the dark daily, we are either rejuvenating during the day, regaining our vital nutrients and coexisting with others much like us. Its the time of day when we, as a race are up and moving and doing whatever needs to be done. The darkness, on the other hand is also a form of rest and rejuvenation. We sleep, surrounding ourselves with man-made warmth from blankets and beds and others who will have us, but this is also because we dare not tread the unknown,
    for those who have tried do not always return unscathed.

:Where it Begins:
    In a world where yin and yang are naturally in a total balance it is something of a concern when the balance shifts one way or the other. What I mean to say is, in our history we have always been on a very specific cycle, even when you take into consideration the daylight savings time, but recently, days have grown shorter and nights, they are steadily growing longer and longer. At first, it was nothing, science tried to debunk the reasons but failed and there were soothsayers, preaching the end of days but they went ignored. Truth be told, noone really cared, we'd always seen the world as just a sort of convenience, whether we looked at magic, or historical designs, or even made plans for the future the world was always beneath our feet and so as long as it was there we weren't concerned. Hell, parts of the world even went dark for months at a time and that was the norm. We should have looked harder, we should have thought more of it. Because now? Now we can't go back, and the sun...I haven't seen her in a week now.

It all started as simply as it sounds, several months ago we noticed that the days were growing shorter by minutes then hours, noone knew exactly what caused it. So I would bet you're looking at this thinking for atleast some what was so bad? Start some fires, create a human designed warmth and keep going. That would be all well and good, but here in our world surrounded by the positives and negatives of magic and science the darkness gives birth to entities known as daemons. Sometimes we call them "demons", "beast", "monsters". This isn't unusual though, infact as long as mana has existed there's been an influx of daemons roving the lands. Lights keeps them away though, that's why every city has adopted and standardized eight pm rule to make the cities glow as beautifully and as brightly as the sun, its breathtaking sometimes. To walk among the streets and see the dazzling lights, I have to recommend it atleast once. Though, there are also other laws in place, the curfews within the town. Its not so much people have to go home but at around nine pm the gates to the cities close until morning. Here is where we have our first problem, the morning doesn't come and even with all the bright artificial lights, daemon attacks aren't impossible. They're smarter than you think, especially when they gather.

When the nights started getting longer, cities began employing "hunters", a specialized person who typically didn't mind being out at night or hunting groups of daemons in darkened areas, caves, tunnels, old ruins, etc. Being a hunter was already a common profession but now its the most popular. "Want adventure? Danger? Fairy tale beginnings and endings? Join a hunting guild today! Best of all? Free room and board and pay!" They don't even need a perfect slogan.

So, guilds were formed awhile ago and when the "Eclipse" began, that's what we all call it, even small guilds exploded in numbers. Some of them just went hunting, some of them protected the small towns that couldn't afford as much light some even protected trade routes, but there were those, and mind you they were the fewest of the few, who didn't just hunt. They tracked, they ambushed, and they captured. That was how the hunters became scholars, sounds odd right? You'd be surprised that in this world, some people weren't afraid to dig deep and look into bringing back the light of the sun. I'm one of those people, I was born in the darkness with a shining sliver of light. This world needs people like me and like you...Together, we'll bring back the Light.

That was a bit of reading eh? Sorry about that, but trust me in the end its all worth it. Small or large, we're taking this to the end. So Here's a few more things before we get started.

Spoiler: Rules: Not Optional 

Spoiler: Some knowledge you need about magic and stuff. 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask via OOC or PM.

:Accepted Characters:

Rabbit-Everette
    You're already after my heart girl.

Juder-Juder de Ghulle
    I feel like we're gonna blow shit up

Anti-Hero-Saire Vile
    Last edited by Anti-Hero; 03-20-2017 at 12:36 AM.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC
    War on High Interest Check
    Got a discord? Hit me up via a PM we can do an info exchange!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Wow, this looks really interesting.

Perhaps with Gravity magic as an option.

So, with the mention of technology and sciences, this is set in the modern world as an urban fantasy?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Pretty much any rp I do is very final fantasy-esque. So in this case, it would be similar to FF15

Urban areas but not as dense due to prolonged destruction.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Hero View Post
    Pretty much any rp I do is very final fantasy-esque. So in this case, it would be similar to FF15

Urban areas but not as dense due to prolonged destruction.
    Sounds good to me!

I'll cook up something up for a Gravity Mage, woo

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Keep in mind if you do gravity, you'll have kind of a limited experience, there are not very many in this setting, so if you want to be particularly effective look into having an older character.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Hero View Post
    Keep in mind if you do gravity, you'll have kind of a limited experience, there are not very many in this setting, so if you want to be particularly effective look into having an older character.
    Older as in? Are we talking late twenties? Or like in their forties and beyond?

Pale Rider
    I Am The Thing Living Under Your Bed, Teeth Ground Sharp and Eyes Glowing Red!
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Hmm, would subconscious magic be possible? If not, I may be interested in the darkness option. CS to come tomorrow.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

What do you mean subconscious magic? I understand the concept but how would you specifically want to do it

Pale Rider
    I Am The Thing Living Under Your Bed, Teeth Ground Sharp and Eyes Glowing Red!
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

As in influencing dreams, memories, thoughts (but not directly controlling them as that would be OP)

If not then I'll just go fire or ice or something

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

-thrust hand in air-

Notice me senpai,

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast