Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] A Game of Demigods - Promethean Reawakening (IC)

August Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default [M] A Game of Demigods - Promethean Reawakening (IC)

Spoiler: Sacha 

Spoiler: Lysander 

Spoiler: Khodattas 

Spoiler: Jace 

Spoiler: William 

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Lysander had never been one to place much stock in fantasies.

So when he had received a vision in his dreams, he was willing to quickly dismiss it as a side-effect of an overactive mind preoccupied with his plans for the children under his care. He had been planning a journey down to the mouth of the river, to see the great ocean. The fresh waters of the Zoi river were their home, but the sea was where they came from. The children would need to learn that, if they were to become fully fledged adults and complete their rites of passage.

The vision had changed everything.

He felt a singing exultation in his blood, calling out to the sky, to the clouds. The atmosphere began to grow heavier, and strands of hazy mist streaked of empty space. Then the rain began. A clear, pure rain that seemed to drive out the woes and fears of the merfolk villagers.

His gift had awoken fully, and Lysander learned with wonder that his abilities extended to extraordinary acts of healing. He could regenerate bodies, cure blindness and sickness... anything short of bringing someone back from the dead.

He would not have wanted to try that in any case.

In that time he had become something of an awe-inspiring figure in the community. It would have been nearly impossible for it not to happen, after he cured the pain of the village matriach, making her feel twenty years younger - and healed the crippled leg of one of the huntsmen.

That was all in the past now, and Lysander had been seriously considering his place in the world. His task as a teacher... it fulfilled him. He enjoyed passing on his wisdom to the younglings...

but now he could do so much more good than just that. Another would take his place as mentor of the next generation.

He would bring peace and life to the weak, the sick and the hopeless.

The boisterous enthusiasm of the halfing Gaire caught his attention. He smiled serenly at the dear little creature and approached with a respectful nod of his head.

"The tale you tell is strange, dear one. I... have been considering leaving the village ever since this happened." He made a soft gesture to the tranquil rain that fell about them lightly. The rain that drove away fear and grief, leaving warmth and calm in its wake. The rain that was cool and refreshing, ever temperate.

"I do not fight. I do not harm other creatures. But if it is possible that I may be of some good to this foreign settlement, and perhaps bring peace of mind to this tormented demon, then I would believe it a venture worth taking."

He paused, giving a quiet, knowing smile to the halfling. "We?" He chuckled softly. "Anyone would think the prospect of adventure excited you. The people here will miss you, you know. The wisdom of unfamiliar lands is every bit as important as the knowledge of the river."

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Khodattas thought and thought until he nodded. "Humans, faithless and without nobility you are. I do not trust you, or any of your kind. You are quite bold to insult your captor. I should tech you your place, but...you are more valuable alive. I will let you go and you will tell me where they are, and to ensure your truthfullness..." He says, and, quick as a flash, he had taken out a knife and cut off a piece of the man's ear. He holds it up so the man can see. "If you lie, I will give this to the Wild Hunt. You must know the stories, the legends. I guarantee you, they are true. You cannot outrun them, and you cannot hide from them. If you lie, or we are unable to rescue them, the Hunt will be set upon you. Now, where are they?"

Spoiler: Things I like 

Anime, syfy, school, comedy, action
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Dasos Forest, Megali

William was guiding the dwarf to the next town attempting to have a small conversation as they walked, sadly and surprisingly the dwarf kept his distance in fear of the cub. William smiled thinking how the smallest creatures can be the most terrifying of them all. "So why are traveling through my the woods by yourself that's pretty dangerous?" William spoke up in hopes to of having a conversation; he doesn't get to actually to talk anyone very often considering most of the animals he has a common understanding with they aren't the greatest for conversations and the ones who are want to be left alone.
    Last edited by Versace69; 04-19-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The knuckles of the hand with which Jace gripped his staff turned white as he watched the two humans drag the elf through the gate. He was used to the harsh treatment he always received in human territories and he always disliked it, but he could put up with it. They couldn’t hurt him after all, with how powerful his abjuration magics had become recently. Slavery, on the other hand, was something he had never been able to abide. He knew that he should just avert his eyes and move on, but anger and curiosity got the better of him.

Jace closed his eyes, leaning on his staff, allowing his mind to reach out to the knowledge that was ever present to him now. He reached out towards the elf, probing at the web of words which surrounded her. The guards had written her name down as Bett, a typical name given to those whom they captured and enslaved. They had no interest in their real names. Her real name, however, was more difficult to find. Jace furrowed his brow, concentrating on the flowing lines of elvish script in his mind. He saw records of the duties she’d performed as a priestess, the many denizens of Oladove who relied on her and would clearly miss her, the respect she had garnered from those whom she serviced. Finally a name presented itself. Merethyl.

At that moment Jace’s concentration was broken by something hard hitting him right in the chest. The two guards dragging the woman had drawn level with him, and one of them had shoved his shoulder right into Jace, knocking him against the wall of the inn behind him. The impact rattled the wall and caused a sheet of snow to fall from the roof, landing on Jace’s head. The guards guffawed loudly.

“Watch where you walk half-beast,” one of them said. His companion jeered. Jace pushed himself off the wall, shaking snow out of his hair.

“Watch where you walk yourself.” he said before he could stop himself. Instantly the two guards stopped laughing. The elf they were carrying thudded to the ground and lay in the snow, still unconscious. They both advanced on Jace.

“What did you say to me boy?” said the one who had spoken earlier. Jace didn’t reply, he just glared at him. The guard turned to his fellow. “Did you hear what he just said?” His companion nodded.

“It definitely sounded rude.” he replied, “I think we might have to teach him some manners.”

“I think we might have to,” said the first man. He stepped forward, and swung a fist directly at Jace’s jaw. It never found it’s mark. A foot from Jace’s face the fist bounced off of some sort of invisible barrier with a loud metallic clang. Not expecting the sudden resistance, the guard stumbled backward. He steadied himself, and with an angry growl lashed out at Jace again, only to be met with a blast of air emanating from Jace’s now outstretched hand. He flew backwards ten feet and slammed into the ground.

His companion let out a startled yelp as the man sprawled in the snow. He grasped at his belt, fumbling for the sword there. Before he could draw it, the blade flew from its sheath by itself, and hovered in the air beside Jace, slowly spinning through the air. Jace took a step forwards, his staff beginning to glow as arcs of electricity began to course up and down it.

“If I were you,” he said, his voice deadly calm, “I would make myself scarce.”

August Member of the Month
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Spoiler: Lysander 

Spoiler: Khodattas 

Spoiler: William 

Spoiler: Jace 

Anime, syfy, school, comedy, action
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

William leaned against a tree thinking of a place where it might be. He knows of a place where it might be deep on the forest, but there's a large amount of Hydras in that area and recently there are more there than he's ever seen. William has been wanting to investigate but since some of the hydras like him but with so many there he might not be able to do so. He looks at the bear cub he was playing with some bark that had fallen off a tree, his injury hasn't fully healed yet so even if he wanted to go he couldn't, not anytime soon that is. He looked back at the dwarf with somewhat of a sad look on his face. "I'm sorry I can't help you and even if I could I need to take care of my little friend till he's fully healed. I'd happily help you find these ruins afterwards??"

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Lysander nodded slowly, taking his time to mull over the situation at hand. He was calm, patient, tranquil as the river. "Yes, dear one. Yes, I believe I am 'in'." He couldn't help but smile again at the halfling's passion for life. She was fiery and emotional and intense where he was liquid and cool and soothing.

If he was water, than she was fire.

"I need not stay near the river, anymore." Lysander explained patiently. "I cannot dry out when the air is so damp, and the rain will always be there to refresh my skin. I bring the water with me."

Her next question caused him to frown slightly. "Lightning? No, no I don't believe I have that power. I would not wish it in any case. I suppose I could create enough rain to cause a flood," he said doubtfully, "but I do not see why I would want to. This creature may enjoy my company, and if not... well, if she wishes to leave, that is her concern."

He spent a moment to look over his meager possesions. "A little more food. Yes, that could not go amiss. I'll have appropriate provisions arranged, but I prefer to travel light." he said seriously, watching the halfling calmly. "Inform me when you wish to leave, I will say my goodbyes."

Lysander would never admit it out loud, but the prospect of a journey intrigued him greatly. It was a chance to discover more about the world, and its people. It was a chance to spread tranquility and good health to the creatures of the land.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Jace took a deep breath, and forced himself to relax. The sword hovering next to him thudded to the ground. He glanced around, noticing the eyes peering at him through the windows of the inn as well as several of the other buildings. He sighed heavily, and cursed under his breath. This was exactly the attention he’d been hoping to avoid. Now he’d have to spend the rest of his time here looking over his shoulder.

A low moan caught his attention. He looked down at the elf woman, lying bruised and bloody on the ground. Jace sighed again. The woman was in no fit state to travel, and in all likelihood she needed serious medical attention. Jace strode towards her unconscious form, and bent down to take her hand. The moment his hand touched hers, their forms blurred, seemed to swirl in upon themselves, and a moment later vanished.

They reappeared in the dark interior of the cave that Jace had stayed in the night before. It was several miles from Eisig, and as far as he could tell it had been unused for some time. Jace felt that it was as safe a place as any to lay low for the night at least. He looked down at the woman again and opened his mind to the knowledge at his disposal, searching through medical texts to determine what exactly was wrong with her. Definitely malnourished, with several broken bones and a not insignificant loss of blood, he was amazed she had survived her harsh treatment. No doubt the guards knew their business and had been careful to not inflict substantial permanent damage. He shook his head, appalled by what the woman had gone through, then stood and left the cave pausing only to erect the strongest shield he could over the entrance.

He returned an hour later, several herbs in his hands and a stack of firewood floating in the air behind him. He built the fire, set his small pot over it, and began brewing. The potion took a further two hours to make, during which time the elf never moved. Jace had grown worried enough to check several times to make sure she was still alive. When finally the potion was completed, Jace waited for it to cool, then walked over to the woman, lifted her head, and poured a generous measure of it down her throat. He stood over her, making sure she didn’t choke on it, and when he was satisfied that she had swallowed it he sat on the ground next to her, leaning up against the cavern wall, and waited.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast