Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] IC - La Belle et la Bête - Dark pigeon / Scottishgal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

.... hours later, right before dinner....

Samuel was still shocked, combing his hair as he looked at his own reflection in the mirror. He had his own room now, right next to that of the older woman he was helping around. A simple door stood between their rooms, she only needed to call his name and he would be right with her. He had not gone home yet, there simply wasn't time for it as his talk with the king had lasted for hours. Salvador wanted to know everything, how the troops were doing, how the fights were going, what they needed, were they treated respectfully by their captains and other higher ranked officers. When Samuel had stated that this as not the case, and that things were going slowly down hill.. he had not expected what was to come out of the mouth of his king.. not that, anything but that.

He thought he had done great already, the youngest to lead an army, the youngest Sergeant... and now this. Was this really happening? He nervously let out a sigh and tried to smile into the mirror before he brushed his fingers through his beard and knew that he could not look any better than this. This meant he could take care of his family, hell.. he could take care of several family's from what he was to earn now! It meant though that he had a lot to learn, but when hearing that Nicklasson as to help him with such matters, Samuel could not be any happier.

He had to see Melia, he had to talk to her! He smiled as he thought of her, and his smile only grew when he remembered what the king had said about her. A lovely girl, he had said. One that gives me what I have been needing, Salvador had told Samuel. A girl that had brought change in the kings heart and mind, a girl that was the reason why the rules of old were back. If Samuel had not know better, he would have thought that the King felt something for her, something more than friendship. He had not asked, he did not dare to be so bold and so forward with his questions.

Someone knocked on the door between the two rooms, and as he told her to enter the older woman came up towards him. Smiling a proud smile as she already knew what had happened. She knew he as to be a great man, but this.. even she had not dared to dream about such things. "You look wonderful Samuel, now.. come... I want to see what that Dining room looks like. I heard that the elves themselves had carved the woodwork in there." She said as she took Samuels arm.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

.... hours later, right before dinner....

She had to sleep. Her mind was racing and she needed to close her eyes. Think of nothing else but green grass and blue skies. She had even remained in her bed to read her book. But that was not enough to stop the questions. Melia knew that if she went to find him now...that things would go badly. He was already running behind, having to do tasks slower than normal because of his injuries. After reading as much as she could, Melia decided to draw. She drew her brother...and her mother...her entire family. Then Samuel, gifting him the new beard that she had never seen before. It was just as the maids started to arrive that she decided to draw Vermin. Not as the imp he was, but as a man. She gave him the same eyes but gifted him the body of her brother. Stood him tall, let him hair reach his shoulders and gifted him a beaming smile. She felt happy about her work and stood proud when the maids started to clean her up.

She let them tug her into a new dress. Removing the one that she had dropped to the grass in. This dress was a deep red, a dress that hugged her body like a lovers caress. Her hair was left down to hang around her shoulders in gentle curls. They pinched her cheeks and wrinkled her nose as she playfully tried to bat them away. She hid away her drawings before following the maids from the room. One would walk with her, the same one that had returned to her released father one night. Melia spoke to her like she was an old friend. The woman tried her best to not smile massively, but with company like Melia it was difficult. The woman knew exactly what jokes to make, knew exactly what to say to make the woman smile. Melia was lead towards the dinning room. From what she could tell no one else had been invited as of yet. So it was empty or at least she thought it was.

-----------

Samuel took the womans arm and helped her from the room. "I've heard that they got a dragon to paint the ceiling and that fairies dusted the cobwebs from the corners." The woman batted her hand against his arm. "Stop your teasing young man." Samuel chuckled and lead the woman down the corridor. "I hope this change is permanent." The woman spoke softly to him. Her eyes flicked around the corridor. She had heard stories of the walls having ears. That many a person had died from saying the wrong thing out loud. Samuel patted her arm, "I hope the same." He gifted the woman a small smile. She was protected in his care, she knew this and that was why she clung to him.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Salvador was nervous about dinner. And as he was nervous he only became so much more unpleasant towards the people around him. He snarled at the maids that had washed him, and called those who were to dress him horrible names and told them time and again how easy it would to replace them. But as dinner came closer, and he finally decided upon the simple looking green, black, and yellowish-gold robe. And Nicklasson had come to see him to inform him that everyone was to attend, and that dinner would be as Samuel had advised. Salvador started to calm down, taking in deep breaths as he was most certain that if he was to be calm, he would maybe get closer to those he really did not want to be close towards. But he needed them, he needed to use them so his kingdom could maybe become as glorious as it ones had been. For the first time in his life said thank you to one of the maids as she helped him into his robes. She as absolutely shocked, the other girls slightly jealous. But as he had said thank you, he noticed something. He noticed that the girl was smiling and worked just a little differently. She was just a tag faster, she did not nervously tried to tie everything to together like she normally would and fail as he was criticizing everything she did. She even went the extra mile by making sure he had no dust on his robe, and that everything was sitting perfectly.

Before he walked out of his room he stopped, thinking before he thought for a couple of seconds. He glanced over hi shoulder, just barely turning his head "Thank you" he said silently to everyone there in the room. Every single girl was shocked. Some thought they would now soon die, others smiled and proudly held their heads just a little higher as they started to clean the room. Salvador had his guards following him to the dining room. With this many new people in the castle the security had gone up dramatically. Nobody could leave their room without being seen, and not a single soul that was now in the counsel was allowed to wander about, but none hardly did. All of them were taking baths, and enjoying the very soft beds that they had not felt.. well.. ever. Everyone would by now be waiting for Salvador to arrive in the dining room so they could eat. Salvador had invited Melia as well, there was no reason for him to keep her hidden away, and with her there people might be opening up just a little bit sooner.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Melia was met with an empty room, not a soul to be seen. The maid beside her was itching to get back to her tasks and Melia let her rush off. The dining room was set for a full table and Melia smiled. Company would be good. It meant she could not piss him off with saying the wrong thing. She let her fingertips brush over the dinning chairs and took full advantage of the empty room. Letting her words start softly as she hummed. Singing that old song that got stuck in her head over and over again. It took mere seconds and she was singing it loud and proud. Spinning around the room with a flick of her wrist to send her dress spinning with her. The singing filled the room and burst out into the corridors.

Samuel smirked down at Tracey, "Can you hear her?" He asked her gently and the woman nodded. "She is truly something else Samuel, especially with what you've told me." He nodded violently and in that moment, he looked about 12 again. Excited to see his best friend and the woman clinging to his arm could see it. The singing got louder and louder, not stopping even as they entered the dinning room. Samuel helped Tracey to a chair as Melia was too busy singing to the paintings. For they needed her attention as well. Samuel crept up behind her until she spun, her word cut harshly in half as colour flooded her cheeks. "What a set of lungs for such a small lady." Melia blinked rapidly before rushing forward. Her face crashed against his chest and he was nearly toppled over. "Hello to you too." She had her arms wrapped around him as he chuckled. "I..I thought you dead." His smile promptly left his lips as he rubbed a hand over her back.

Slowly trickles of guests started to arrive, surprised to see their massive bear being almost strangled by the strange girl from before. Samuel sighed and patted her back again. "Mellie.....I had to go...But you know I'd be okay." Melia dragged her face from his chest, tears already glistening in her eyes. "I didn't know that...you could barely deal with me when i got angry....how were you meant to cope with people trying to kill you." She told him, softly hiccuping as he chuckled. "I learned how to deal with you...it may have taken me a few years, but I learned. I learned how to cope with those other people, I just did it much faster." He gifted her a small kiss to her forehead and finally managed to wrangle her arms off him. She sniffed gently and gave a small smile to those in the room. "Hello." She told them sweetly as they all stood behind their chairs, waiting for the king to arrive.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Salvador would always enter when everyone was already there. For he was a king, and a king would not wait for his guests, but his guests would wait for him. As he entered the dining room, everyone fell silent. Tracey, the older woman pushed herself up to stand, a bit of shame and fear on her features as she knew that sitting in the presents of a king was seen as an insult when he entered. Salvador looked around the room, absolutely silent as he stepped forward as he let go of his staff. The 20 or so people that stood silently in the room, all wanted to step back as Salvador walked up towards him. Melia could see that he had outdone himself to tame his clothing down. No expansive silks or other fabrics that would show off his wealth. His robe did not have a train that trailed behind him but was sorter and cut by his ankles. It was made with a thin wool blend, and did not hold any gold or silver.

How Salvador did not know how to handle this situation. Where he normally demanded everyone to shut up, he felt that they should be talking so they could show that they were comfortable around him. "Please be seated, and for the love of god. If I was to kill you I would have done so already. Please feel free to talk... I wish to hear your stories" Salvador said as he thought that to be a good idea.. idiot.
    People only felt so much more uneasy as the king had stated that he was to kill them.. or feel free to do so, or.. well, he used the word kill! Samuel took the seat close to the king as he himself felt most comfortable around the man, more so than the other counsel members. Tracey was right next to him, feeling nervous like fuck as she did not know how this was to end. But somethig would distract her, the beauty of the room had truly mesmerized her as she was so certain that the elves themselves had carved the wood in this room.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Melia wiped away her tears in time for their wondrous king to enter. She blinked rapidly at his appearance. Gone was the long robe, the over whelming amount of material. It was still finely cut, it was still worth more than what everyone in that room made in a year. But it was better than his normal clothes. Melia gifted the bastard a small smile as he came further into the room. Please be seated. Good start...and bad finish. She rolled her eyes and watched everyone get on high alert. How their hair stood up on the back of their necks. Stories. What stories? Oh dear lord, this could end badly. Not a single person wanted to speak. Melia moved to her normal seat and sat down. The others slowly sat down and she knew that not one of them would speak first. "Stories...okay then." She said loud enough for them to hear. "When I was 13. I climbed one of the trees by the edge of the forest, it was twisted like a witches fingers. I got as high as I could get....and I got stuck." Melia told them all sweetly, their eyes now fixated on her but she cared little. Tracey however, had her eyes on sweet Samuel for his ears were already going red. He knew this story....and he never liked how it ended.

"Now my brother was a mighty good climber. But he.....was also up with me in the tree..stuck like a mouse in a trap." She said with a gentle chuckle as a few smiled at her. She did not have the same coldness to her as Salvador did. She was one of them...even if she was dressed in finery. "The only people left on the ground was my brother Sammy...and Samuel here." She said with a smirk. Samuel's ears were a bright red now. "Now....Samuel was tall back then...just not tall enough to get us. So he thought the best plan of action was to put Sammy on his shoulders and get my brother to help us." She chuckled a little louder and Samuel spluttered out a response. "It was a good idea at the time!" He said with a small smile. It was strange to see the man smile like a child but it was sweet. "Aye...until Sammy got himself caught on a branch and you got all three of us stuck up there." Samuel shook his head gently and rubbed his hand over his neck. "I had to go get ol Mr Jons to come help me." Melia nodded violently as she giggled. That small stupid story was enough to get the next man to speak. "Ol' Mr Jons...of Hendry Farm." Melia nodded and the man chuckled. "Oh I remember one time...Mr Jons and I..."

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Food was brought to the table as Melia told her story about the tree, and how Samuel had failed to get her and her brothers out. He chuckled as he heard Samuel confess that he had to get someone else to help. Salvador did not have any tree-climbing stories a she was a massive fan of reading and sitting on his bum while he did. He never played like other children, not because he wasn't allowed.. but because he wasn't interested in doing so. Counsel-man Hendriks chuckled and brushed his fingers through his hair as he looked at the lovely stew that was standing before him. It as just perfect, not to much.. and not to little. Even the king himself was eating this meal and that made him feel more relaxed. Relaxed enough to share his story.

"So, okay... " He looked up at the king and took in a deep breath before he looked at the other Counsel members that took their first bites of the stew before them. "We were friends when we were wee lads. Gettin into trouble and creating havoc where we could. So... we heard that the tree in the garden of the Captain of the guard. We never had any apples ya see, so we wanted to know what they taste like and all. We were.. what.. 7, maybe 8 years old. So we sneaked in, how don't be asking! I am still confused that we did! He's the captain of the guard.. you don't leak into their gardens. But there we were, and Lo and behold! There it was, a wonderful big apple tree.. green leaves in the branches.. really.. green! And.. yes, apples. Now, we never had any, and we knew nothing about apples! We sneaked closer yes.. nearly crawling over the grass as we got to that apple tree, and we found apples lying in there.. on the ground, right before our little noses" A few eyes looked at Salvador, as he had to listen to this man telling him about stealing apples. But Salvador was smiling, he liked the story and wanted to know what would happen.

"So we tasted the first one. It was a bit soggy but tasted rather well. Little did we know.. that those apples were bad.. really bad apples" He chuckled and looked up at Salvador who had leaned forward to hear every single word "How bad?" Salvador asked as he truly showed interest to the story. "So we ate an other, and another.. enjoying the taste.. until we started to feel a bit... well.. strange" He chuckled and took a bite of his stew, surprise on his features as he truly never had tasted something like that. Salvador frowned as he wanted the man to keep telling the story. Counsel-man Hendriks chuckled and held up his glass of wine. "They were fermented apples, and soon we were so drunk... that we could not get up on our feet. So, two very drunk boy's in a garden.. and the captain of the guard found us there. I.. will not bother you with what happened then.. but lets say... we could not sit on our bums for a week after he was done. But.. we had our apples, and we were to drunk to really feel anything when he gave us a firm beating. " The man chuckled, and grew a smile as he heard Salvador laugh.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Melia was pleased with the meal before her. It was not incredibly rich and not measly. It was a perfect blend and she knew it was Samuel's idea. For it had carrots....and that man adored carrots. She snapped him a small smirk and he nudged her arm gently. She chuckled faintly before taking a small bite of the meal. It was glorious and she truly hoped it was to his tastes. She listened to the man far down the table cough gently. She flicked her eyes to him when he spoke of the old man and Melia beamed at him. The garden of the captain of the guard...oh goodness. She had seen that garden, how full of life it looked. But she didn't dare go into it, for she preferred to have the skin on her back. Her eyes went wide and her spoon hover her meal. This could end badly, if Salvador say it as offensive.

Her eyes stayed on the older man, already figuring out how to get him out of here if things went badly. She was barely even paying attention to the story, it was only when Samuel started to chuckle that at the older man, he had an idea where it was going. She blinked rapidly and glanced up at her friend. He could see the worry etched on her forehead and patted her hand gently before whispering to her softly, "It's alright Mellie. Just wait." He told her as she settled her eyes back on the older man as he revealed that they had gotten rather tipsy from those rotten apples. Melia let a small smile tug on her lips as the room slowly filled with some noise. An older woman down at the bottom of the table started to tell a story about how her son had done something simple but that he had brought back berries for a pie without realising what kind of berries they were. Melia let the story wash over her as she took another bite of her meal. She whispered to Samuel with a small smile. "This was your idea wasn't it." He let a cheeky smile grace his lips and he nodded. "Of course. I couldn't get them to make yer favourite though." Melia smiled sweetly at the man as another woman started a story.

Everyone was feeling a little more at ease now. They didn't mind talking before the king now. Infact they were happy to do so.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

He liked every single story that was told, from black berries that were a different kind of berry that would make you ill. There was a story about a dancing goat, how a soldier had fallen over into the mud after he had misused his power, and many childhood stories about them misbehaving and getting into trouble. Salvador smiled listening to all of them, and would even be caught laughing at a few of them. He truly enjoyed himself as he listened to his new counsel men. For they did not try to sway him with pretty words and false promises. Instead he was in the company of men and women that were slowly getting more relaxed in his presents as they all shared their lovely happy little stories. "Might I ask sire, we all have shared stories. Would you honor us with one of your own?" Tracey asked as she looked up at the king that looked so awkward and childlike as he was enjoying himself. Almost as if he wasn't quite used being in a human body, or feeling any human emotions.

Salvador placed down his spoon and seemed to think for a moment. Stories.. from his childhood? He had not thought of his childhood for a very long time. "I would not mind sharing one or two stories myself. Let me think of one" He said gently as he truly was digging deep into his mind. He cleaned his lips with a napkin and smiled as he finally had come up with a story he could tell them. "When I was but a boy, I think I was 9 at the time. I was playing outside with my sisters in the castle's gardens. I was a rather clumsy child, always tripping and falling, walking into walls and had all kinds of allergy's before we visited a healer. Now, the clumsy part always remained, there sadly is no cure for such a character trade." He said smiling a little smile as he looked over to Melia for a bit. Noticing how both she and Samuel seemed to be very happy to be back together... maybe a little to happy for his liking. "I had a younger brother, he was about 4 years old at the time and we had to keep an eye out on him. He was a wonderful little child with a head full of big dark curls and gentle blue eyes that always looked around curiously at the world around him. My sisters, they always felt that they were the leaders of our little band of siblings. They were twins and found that even they were but 6 years old that they were the leaders. Seeing that 6 and 6 makes 12... so they were older than me. So there we were, my sisters, my little brother, and I running around in the garden while we were kicking around a ball. I must have tripped about 10 times, and hardly ever touched the ball as I was such.. such a horrible footy-player. The worst to be honest, it was almost a skill to be that horribly bad. Naturally I got frustrated, especially because my sisters were far better in kicking the ball around in their dresses. My little brother even, he kicked the ball further than I could, and that.. as a young boy, wasn't something you wanted to happen."

He picked up his glass of wine to take a sip, and gently placed it down on the table again before he started speaking again. "So, there I was. A little frustrated little prince that was bested by two princesses and a young prince. When suddenly I had the ball! I wanted to kick it as far as I could, running up to it, my little leg going far back so it could give that ball a wonderful big kick! And as I hit the ball, and it started flying through the air!! Both I, my sisters, and my little brother fell silent as the ball went up, up, up and further and further away!" We started to cheer in celebration, something that quickly stopped when we heard the noise of shattering glass. " He fell silent for a little bit of a dramatic effect. "I had kicked the ball through one of the castles stained glass windows. By then those windows were hundred years old. They had seen wars, horrible storms, and other dangers. And there they were, one of them shattered by the ball of a boy that could not even hit it most of the times he tried to kick it" Salvador chuckled and smiled as he heard others do so as well. "That must have made your father, the king.. rather angry" one of the counsel men asked as he watched Salvador. Salvador shook his head "It made him slightly proud, he had never thought any of us capable of doing this. He was of course a bit angry, and he would not allow footy in the gardens again. But he had told me that he was very proud that his crown-prince had kicked a ball through a window." He said as he remembered how his father had given him a crushing hug as Salvador had been crying, fearing that his mother of father would be angry at him.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Melia was half way through her meal when Tracey spoke to Salvador. She felt that tension hit her stomach again and Samuel patted her hand again. She was getting herself stressed now. She would want to protect them...and she didn't know if she could. She was only one person and that man at the end of the table could create chaos in second. It was only when Salvador started to speak that she felt safe enough to breathe again. She listened as she ate, feeling a little safer that Salvador was talking and that Samuel was so close. She let his words float over her, she was listening but she was trying to eat as well. It was a familiar comforting meal and she was glad that there were more people at this dinner than just her and the king. She didn't know that he had a brother....oh yes she did. Melia blinked rapidly as her neck started to flare up. She remembered a striking young man who was about a head shorter than his brother, he had a brain like a sieve...except when it came to war. He was always good at battle plans. Whatever happened to him. She stared off at the opposite wall, listening but letting her mind whizz around. He smashed a window. She snorted with laughter before quickly stopping herself. It amused her that he had done something so human like as a child. She dropped her eyes to her stew and let a small smile sit on her lips.

Those windows had survived such chaos....to be brought down by a small boy...made it hilarious. She was certain that she had heard this story before....probably on a walk around the castle. When he tried to show her that he had been a proper child at one point. Not one with his face crammed in books. Melia dragged her eyes back up to him and gifted him a warm smile. She remembered that day vividly now, seeing a window high up that looked rather new compared to the others. How the bottom left glass pane had his initials on it. So that future generations would know of his mighty feet. Melia remembered how she had chuckled that day and how it had made him light up. For she had many stories of her naughtiness as a child. Planting eggs in the garden to make omelette plants. Teasing the puppies outside with small bits of bacon...only to give the massive rashers mere seconds later. Hiding feathers in her sisters bed....Her smile dropped as her eyes returned to the meal before her. She had had a sister...only one. She had no brothers. Just one sister. With eyes as bright as the sky in that painting. With hair as deep as a burning fire. She had been so very beautiful, graceful and full of life. What happened to all these people. She felt sadness well up in her chest as an older woman down the table decided to regal the King with a story of her own. She had done something vaguely vaguely similar but she was skimming rocks over a small pond and it went flying through an open window and conked Old Man Heathers on the noggin.

Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4748495051 ... LastLast