Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The light of dawn ~LostMisfitxAlisterVanKleiss~

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Romance, Fantasy, Supernatural, Paranormal
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default The light of dawn ~LostMisfitxAlisterVanKleiss~

“damnit… again..” she cussed as she walked out the door of a small town diner, fired again because she couldn’t keep her cool while being pestered by some unsavory spirit that had taken to fallow her around the diner. She needed that job and now she didn’t even know what she was going to do, she already was late on the rent for her crappy apartment and now she had no money to pay it. Running a hand through the mass of dark chocolate waves that fell from her head in frustration.

Shoving her hands in the pockets of her jeans and walking away from the stupid two bit diner. She knew the park across the street like the back of her hand for she had often visited it in order to clear her mind and to doodle in the book she kept in the black leather backpack that was swung over her should. This time she needed the night air to clear her mind and come up with a game plan for tomorrow.

She would figure something out she always did, if only this was the first crappy situation her gifts put her in but it wasn’t. Instead it happened so often it was almost her normal, she felt so out of place sometimes it was unreal but she didn’t have anywhere else to go. Her mother and father left her when she was a young baby and she grew up in foster homes. The same story as the last no one wanted a freak. No one wanted to accept someone different than them and she was by far different.

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked to the sky and whispered “God if you can hear me… cant you cut me a break…”

Romance, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Slice of Life
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Up in heaven Daedalus was speaking to a fellow angel he knew. "So there I was taking care of my charge and a demon showed up trying to coax them into making a deal, I mean can you say classless? What kind of low level demon would even attempt such a thing in front of an angel?" Daedalus let out a charming chuckle. He thought it was funny someone even attempted it with him around. "I know exactly what you mean Daedalus, I had that happen to me not even a month ago.. those demons are getting bolder and bolder. I don't know what is going through their minds but they are becoming more active as of recently." The other angel exclaimed as he smiled at his friend.

Just then Gabriel walked over to speak. "Brother Daedalus, father is calling for you.. He has a task he wishes to give to you.. Please go meet with him, that is all I have to say." Gabriel said to Daedalus and then flew off. Daedalus was curious as he looked at his friend. "It would seem father has a task for me, I wonder what it is.." Daedalus said to his friend. "That is a good question, I would not suggest making him wait." As if in agreement Daedalus nodded to his friend and walked away to go speak to God. "You called for me father?" Daedalus asked as he stood before the lord's holy throne. "Daedalus I have received word one of your sister's on earth are in need of help.. I am sending you down to earth in order to help her." God spoke in a booming authoritative yet kind and caring voice.

"I understand father.. I am ready for your task.. Please allow me to help my fellow sister.." Daedalus exclaimed as he bowed to God respectfully. Moments later a bright light opened up in the sky near the park Ava was sitting in and blinded her. Across the street was now sitting a shop which was named Daedalus' Emporium. On the window was a sign which said 'Help wanted now hiring'. It was as if her plea for help was heard. I'm the shop stood Daedalus behind the counter. He was staring out the window smiling directly at Ava. "So That is my sister? I shall not let her suffer any further.. Father has tasked me with her happiness and I shall not let him down.." Daedalus thought to himself as he stood there still as a statue. His eyes were golden and he had platinum white hair, his skin pale and unblemished framed a lean and sharp chin. He wore a pearly white suit with a lavender tie to add some color. From across the street even with a very limited view of him it was obvious that Daedalus was quite attractive.
    I have nothing important to say here.. But enjoy some sparklies in my signature! uwu

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The light was so bright she could not help but cover her eyes and as if an answer to her plea a building she had not noticed before seemed to appear on the block. The hiring sign was clearly a sign and the man in the window stared at her and she couldn’t understand why. Human standards she was rather pretty, with dark hair and bright gold eyes that matched the man who was now looking at her.

Taking her plush lower lip between her teeth she chewed it slightly, what if this was a trap and what if it was too easy to be true. After all people prayed everyday and didn’t get there prays answered, but who was she to turn down a clear gift, so she walked over to store and opened the door looking at the man and noting he was just as striking in person as he was in the reflection of the window. She wore a pair of skinny jeans that hugged her hips all the way down to the curve of her legs tucking into the black heel boots that clad her feet. The shirt she wore was plain white low cut on the front showing the pale flesh and the soft curves of her breasts. It was one way she gathered tips as a waitress.

Looking through her long black lashes at him she sighed and decided to be the first to speak “I see you’re hiring. For what position? And would you consider hiring me?” her voice was soft and sweet the lower tones caressing his ears as she spoke slightly nervous and confused. It couldn’t be helped the shop appeared and the job was just so well places, if only she knew what was going on.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Daedalus gave her a charming and sweet smile and leaned forward on the counter. "Yes I am hiring, I am currently looking for an assistant to help me with.." While speaking to her he suddenly trailed off and looked into the air as if listening to something and then he looked back at her. "Sorry about that, I'm currently looking for an assistant for helping me sell antiques. They're said to be charmed." Daedalus stated as he looked at her. "My name is Daedalus Yaggdrasil it is a pleasure to meet you." Daedalus exclaimed as he reached out his hand to shake her hand and greet her.

Daedalus was very attractive, but he seemed a bit odd. He seemed to be legitimate in the way he was speaking about the job. It was obvious he wasn't trying to trick her, the job was an actual paying job. Daedalus looked directly into her eyes, his were so beautiful and golden just like hers but had much more of a glow to them.
    I have nothing important to say here.. But enjoy some sparklies in my signature! uwu

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As he told her about the job her eyes dropped to the floor a sign that life had kicked her many of times and she expected no different from this “I honestly don’t know much about antiques but I can learn if you willing to give me that chance.” Her voice was soft for in her mind she began to figure he wasn’t going to hire her on the purpose of she wasn’t qualified for this job.

As he reached out to shake her hand she simply shook her head and turned her back to him waving her hand over her shoulder in a dismissal sort of way, her voice defeated after her sign from god turned out to be something she had already convinced herself she could not do “Save a handshake for someone who is actually worth it.”

She could not help the dark place that swallowed her mind she had been raised in the human world and that had allowed her to experience sadness just as they did, she had been kicked at every turn never having a stable home or job and now she felt like she was drowning in the darkness around her something that showed in the gold of her eyes as her mind slipped into the thoughts the rich color of her eyes began to dull. After all he was handsome and she had nothing to her, not even the brains for the job he offered….

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

"You are hired miss, Antiques are a simple task to learn. I have no doubt in due time that you'll learn the trade well! An empty cup is better than a full cup, it leaves room for learning and improving!" Daedalus exclaimed as he continued to smile in her direction kindly. He wasn't going to show any sign of disappointment. He felt there was no cause to do so.

"May I ask you for your name?" Daedalus asked her in a gentle and charming tone of voice. He seemed to be very kind and caring in many ways. He wasn't going to be mean to her, that much was positive. As an Angel it would be wrong to be mean to one of his own, especially being of kin.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She looked up at him hope glowing in her eyes; he was giving her the job. Heat flooded her face as she smiled her first genuine smile of the day it was something she did not do often and it glowed with the radiance of heaven lighting up her features and making her inner angel show. Toning her emotions back she looked back down closing her eyes forcing the light to dim once again. Speaking in a soft voice “Thank you.”

Looking up at him she spoke once more “what time should I be here in the morning? It is getting kind of late so I should probably be heading home myself and you should do the same. After all running on no sleep isn’t really a good thing.” She said that but most nights she didn’t sleep her mind moved a million miles an hour. Thinking over this and that, picking apart how she felt so alone and different it was something that never changed so matter how she tried to change it. The older she got the worse people seemed to single her out and isolate her. An angel among humans would always be misunderstood and treated as if they weren’t even there, after all most of the time they weren’t seen. So why should she be any different, the not knowing who she really was had slowly worn away at her mind, and continued to do so when she should be sleeping.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Daedalus smiled back at her as he looked into her eyes. His figure seemed to glow with a heavenly response to her bright mood. "I live in the back of the shop, so I shall be alright miss.. Thank you for your concern though, it is much appreciated. So is such a beautiful smile, you should smile more often." Daedalus exclaimed as he straightened up his posture.

"I am quite lenient with time.. So any time before eleven in the morning is fine. The shop isn't all that busy until past the afternoon usually." Daedalus said as he started to wipe down the counter with a rag he had behind the counter even though it didn't seem to have a speck of dirt on it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

She blushed when he told her to smile more often hiding her blush with a joke “Well if you’re paying me to smile then I shall.” Turning around she started towards the door “thank you again. I will see you in the morning boss.” She waved and walked out of the shop, she took the short way to her rundown apartment on what was called the wrong side of town. She lived on the top floor but that didn’t stop the screaming of children and angry people from ringing through the floor. Over time it was something she had managed to drown out. Throwing her keys on the kitchen counter she went and sat in the little nook she had made for herself. It was supposed to be used as a space for a bench seat and table to eat off of but she had pulled that out and made it into a small little corner with canvases sat up. She had spent hours in the exact chair she sat in looking at her most recent work of art.

She had spent the night painted going to bed for all of two hours before waking up to the sounds of doors slamming looking at her clock she sighed. 7 in the morning was a crappy time to be up when you wanted to be asleep but that was what coffee was made for. She wandered into the kitchen making a pot of coffee, as it brewed she went and decided to shower before she tried to do something before going on her first day at work.

She was at the shop around 10 dressed in a very different manner then she was the night before. She wore black slacks that one clung to her hips before going straight down to the black pumps she wore, the white blouse was loose enough to look classy but it still managed to show her feminine curves. Her hairs were pulled back in a tight ponytail and her golden eyes lined in black eye liner. She didn’t know what kind of people came here but he wore a suit so she figured she need to be dressed nicely as well. Her hand hovered over the door as she chewed on her ruby painted lips debating if last was real or just a dream.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

"Very well, see you tomorrow Miss.. Have a wonderful night." Daedalus exclaimed as he smiled at her and when she left he went around the shop sprushing it up and cleaning the entire shop from top to bottom. "She seems like a very kind young lady.. I shall do my best to make her happy." Daedalus said as he spoke to himself.

Daedalus spent the entire night organizing everything in his brand new shop. He didn't know much about sales but he was great with memorization and history making antiques one of the best possible jobs he could have for making her happy with her life. Daedalus was knowledgeable about many things, except for most common sense matters.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast