Thread: [M] Dead zone: Opperation Containment

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Dead zone: Opperation Containment

I'm going to be a soldier, dropped into the city with his squad on the 12th day of quarantine. As with the original RP, there are several VIPs that need extraction. The city is the size of Maine, and has been completely walled off at this point by military forces in cooperation with the SCRU (Special Contagion Response Unit).

Day 1: patient zero (unknown at the time) arrives at North Star Hospital with unidentified animal bite.

Day 2: unidentified animal bite victims rise to 57, new rabies strain identified in 32 victims.

Day 3: patients become violent and strike out at healthy people. Bite victims continue to be admitted to hospitals across Rhino City (yes, yes, animal name for a city in a zombie RP, Raccoon city, haha shut up)

Day 4: Several infected patients break out of hospitals, curfew enforced as infection rates reach 10% of city population. Hospitals overwhelmed with bite victims.

Day 5: animals identified as mutant rats, extermination begins, investigations into city laboratories begins. Infection rate reaches 25% of city population, Hospitals no longer accepting new patients.

Day 6: SCRU contacted by local CDC representatives. River's edge, River's edge North, river's edge Park, and North Rowan districts are quarantined as infection rates reach 89% in those areas. Total city infection rate reaches 47%

Day 7: SCRU arrives and Quarantines the entire south half of the city to slow infection rates. Infection rates reach 90% in South Rhino City. North Rhino City stable at 13% infection rate.

Day 8: Breaches in three containment zones result in massacre of 47 SCRU personnel. SCRU deploys paramilitary forces and requests government assistance. Infection rate in South Rhino City reaches 98%. Infection rate in North Rhino City reaches 15%, shoot on sight protocol enacted.

Day 9: SCRU paramilitary forces fire on protesting civilians resulting in 4 deaths. Strategic bombing of South Rhino City commences. Infection rates in North Rhino City declines to an estimated 8% due to shoot on sight protocol.

Day 10: SCRU researchers discover highly mutative genes in the new Rabies strain. Breaches in two major containment zones result in 148,000 civilian casualties, SCRU struggles to maintain Quarantine.

Day 11: Military forces arrive in Rhino city and begin evacuating Uninfected citizens. SCRU advises Military to cease evacuations for fear of further spreading of disease. Infection rate in North Rhino city reaches 37%. Several new types of infected are identified.

Day 12: Military ceases evacuations after incident with infected on evacuation convoy. City quickly walled off entirely. Military forces overrun in several districts as new infection strains surface. Infection rates reach 90% almost over night. Military advises civilians to "take no chances" and "shoot suspected infected civilians on sight".

Day 13, 1st day of full quarantine: SCRU finds survivors are immune to this strain of Rabies, government approves human experimentation to find a cure.

Day 14, 2nd day of full quarantine: infection found in two other cities around Rhino City. All cities within 50 miles of Rhino City limits are immediately quarantined as well.

Day 15, 3rd day of full quarantine: military clears out infected in Parkview Heights, sets up FOB and defensive perimeter, civilians told to stay clear.

Day 17, 5th day of full quarantine: military makes headway in clearing infected and securing FOB's. SCRU distributes supply crates to uninfected civilians via air drops.

Day 22, 10th day of full quarantine: military FOBs overrun in five out of seven strategic locations, new infection strains identified. Survivors remain immune to infection.

Day 24, 12th day of full quarantine: Military special forces called in to evacuate key military and SCRU personnel.
    Last edited by garnetfrog; 05-23-2017 at 01:09 AM.
    Blob fish is tired of your shenanigans.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

I like it! Rhino City has a nice ring to it--LOL! I can work with day 24--I was thinking of having my character live on the outskirts of town--probably close to the quarantine line. Since the Northern part of the city has a lower infection rate, she would not be affected by the infected right away. Would you like me to make a character sheet? I am not going to be a nurse this time--just a citizen.

Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, new sheets

Louis (Spades) Smith
    5'9"
    Muscular, black buzz cut hair, green eyes, seemingly permanent 5o clock shadow.
    Military
    Military special forces combat armor, SCAR, M9 Beretta, grenades, and standard combat issue gear.
    Leader of team 3, commands three others. "Nail" is the SAW gunner, "Clover" is the medic, and "Cell" is the marksman.
    Last edited by garnetfrog; 05-25-2017 at 07:57 AM.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

JoAnne (Jo) Delmar--married
    5'4"
    Slender--almost boyish figure, wavy brown hair, hazel eyes, freckles.
    Veterinary assistant (part-time).
    Shotgun--very limited amount of cartridges. Glock. Swiss army pocket knife. Walking stick.

The first loss for Jo at the start of the outbreak was her unfaithful husband. Despite circumstances, he chose to spend his quarantined days in the arms of his 20-something blonde secretary. It wasn't a tragic loss, and if asked, Jo would have chosen a different fate for him--one that included him being eaten or at the very least infected with the new Rabies virus. His infidelity had destroyed their marriage years ago and his absence was actually a blessing.

The second loss came as more of a shock. The ranch that Jo called home was also sanctuary to several horses. On the 3rd day of infection, she was drawn to the barn after hearing frantic neighing and stamping. Armed with a shotgun, she encountered dozens of rats attacking the horses in their stalls. She managed to scare them off by screaming and firing the gun, but the horses were already injured. By morning, the six mares were all ill and after a visit from the vet, they were put down due to the recent outbreak and to end their suffering.

By day 5, Jo began seeing the infected on her property. The SCRU teams kept the numbers down at first, but by day 7, she was forced to retreat to her well-stocked cellar for safety.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 05-25-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...51#post2906151

and we're ready to go! I should mention tech is a bit more advanced than current day. holograms aren't quite a thing yet, but soldiers have badass mech suits that allow them to carry more and jump from longer heights with no problem. Fully functional robotic limbs are also common.

Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.d...gD6Es&pid=15.1

that's... I'm gonna say less than 1/20th of the entire city. It's the north East corner of the city (and I stole it directly from The Last Stand: Dead Zone)

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

I was hoping you could give me an idea of the types of zombies out there. Obviously, there are the walkers and the fast ones--which seem difficult to kill. Any others I should know about?

BTW--loved your post!

Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Walkers are class A (Alpha), varients are infected (no special attributes), armored (usually infected riot police or military), chitinous (infected grew it's own armor due to surviving heavy trauma), and Juggernaut (infected is wearing armor, has grown chitin plating, and is carrying a weapon)

Class B (Beta) infected are runners and have the same varients as above.

Class C (Charlie) infected are infected that have mutated. Varients almost always run and are stronger than they should be based on muscle mass. Recorded varients thus far are corpse jackers (what Wraith encountered), infected nests (infected is hollow and full of infected rats that burst out to attack when the nest is damaged. Immobile), and the Animal (huge infected around the size of a mini van, only one sitting reported attacking FOB Gamma near Rhino City West Zoo. Theorized that it may be an infected gorilla). New varients will pop up as I think of them and you are welcome to make your own.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

I hope you don't mind if I control some of the men my character is with right now. I assume they are NPCs? If you would prefer to control them, it is not a problem.