Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Before - {OOC}

it was better once

when?

Before...

This roleplay is rated M for the following: Definite Violence, Definite Language, Definite Blood and Gore, Possible Alcohol Usage, Potential Sexual or Suggestive Themes

Also, any offence taken from this, I apologise immediately. This is a work of pure fiction, and none of it is meant to be taken with any intended malice or insult.

This RP takes heavy influence from the (brilliant) film, Children of Men. But it is not a direct parody, nor does it take place in the exact same universe. Just one that's very similar.

just watch

It got too hot and so we overthrew the system
    'Cause there's no place for human existence like right here.

On this bright blue marble, orbited by trash.
    Man, there's no beating that.

It was no big thing to give up the way of life we had.

Industry and commerce toppled to their knees.
    The gears of progress halted.
    The underclass set free.
    The super-ego shatters with our ideologies.
    The obscene injunction to enjoy life,
    Disappears as in a dream.
    And as we return to our native state,
    To our primal scene,

The temperature, it started dropping.

The ice floes began to freeze

...Though I'll admit some degree of resentment,
    For the sudden lack of convenience around here.
    But there are some visionaries among us developing some products,
    To aid us in our struggle to survive.

On this godless rock that refuses to die.

Good Morning JOSH.

Here is your daily global view, courtesy of the National State Mandate.

We hope you have a productive day!

Australia - No word from the Northern borders. General country evacuation to the South still assumed.
    Brazil - Border Perimeter Barrier still in place. No contact from officials or otherwise.
    China - Border Perimeter barrier still in place. No contact from officials or otherwise.
    European Unified Alliance - Overpopulation crisis continues. The United States refuses assistance further.
    Eurasia - Rationing tightens in former India. North and South Korea land deemed deadly for human life.
    Greenland - Unknown. Presumed inhospitable.
    Namibia - Continues efforts to assert ruling over former African States. Former Ethiopia in sights.
    Russia - Unknown.
    The Free States - Northern Provences remain generally unoccupied. Southern regions still tackling population problems and food rationing.

most know of how it was before, but what sort of state is the world in these days then?

From time to time, we all get a bit restless, and the late twenties just happened to be one of these times. Most agree on things going to hell around then anyway. Specific dates don't matter too much in the end. Everyone knows the effects.

Political, Social, and Economic tensions came to a boiling point. A boiling point that boiled a bit too much though. A boiling point that bubbled, and bubbled, until it tipped the whole entire pan over, and all the water inside had to figure out what to do with itself rather quickly before it all dried up and died.

And that's pretty much what we've been left with. A rag taggle dribble of former countries that are either too busy fighting with each other or shoving their mandate down your throat, to realise that the remaining dump of the world's being consumed by ever dropping temperatures. At least in the North for now anyway...

A Little on the Plot.

(And whatnot)

So yeah.

The year is 2047, and setting is the current remains of the Kingdom of Great Britain.

General mass disaster and collapse of society and life, has left what remains of the Human race in a pretty sorry state. What few countries remain somewhat stable, now spend their days being generally antagonistic and malicious towards each other.

While no current official war or conflict is present between any nation, it's presumed by many, if not all, that this period of relative peace will not, last.

The RP will take place initially in the UK. A strict law is enforced in the Country. It proclaims only true British citizens may reside within the country. Any and all non-British citizens will be taken in by the state.

It's unclear what happens to these discovered refugees, but the general rumour presumes bad things.

Due to the complete lack of racial integration into the country, the British 'race' has become somewhat undiluted. As time has passed and genetical lineage has become more and more unhindered, the line has become weakened, and more prone to disease and illness. Nowadays, it's rare a baby gets past it's first few days. And then even if it does, it has to beat the odds of surviving it's childhood.

The RPs story will revolve around a group of individuals, who are discover an anomaly together. This rarity will force the characters into making a decision that will effect the rest of their lives indefinitely. The consequences and further outcomes of this choice, will be the majority of the story of this RP.

[
    Actual Rules now

Gotta have'em I'm afraid.

1) No godmodding straight into the IC please. If you've got an idea just run it by me first so we can check it fits in ok and everything

2) I don't have a particular posting requirement, as I understand that it can sometimes be difficult to get posts in to an adequate length and quality. But if you wouldn't mind writing up a paragraph every two days or so that'd be just swell

3) Now, I understand that within the context of the setting, diversity with characters is gonna be a tricky thing to do. But I'd still like you to try and make your characters unique in some way or form and different from others you see within the RP. But if there's something you're unsure of, just PM me and we'll see what we can do

4) I understand things I've said may be confusing or unclear so I cannot stress enough that I'm more than happy to discuss and answer anything you wanna say to me. Seriously, if anything, I'm happily waiting for discussion, I am just that sad.

5) I've written quite a bit so far and in my opinion it's all stuff that needs to be read to understand where I'm going here. So just to check you're still with me, put a funny joke at the end of your sheet

6) I mentioned towards the beginning that this RP is heavily based on the (Amazing) film, Children of Men. And yes it is, but with that in mind, it is not a direct parody, nor does it take place in the exact same universe. Just one that's very similar. An AU you might say.

7) Not so much a rule here, but more for context, the music video at the beginning is meant to serve as inspiration above anything else. Imagine it as a video explaining the world and all its excess before it went to absolute hell.

8) And finally, Have fun... OR ELSE

Character Sheet Base

Name:
    Age: I don't mind with this one, be however old or young you want.
    Appearance: Picture and/or description please. If the latter, please make it somewhat detailed though.
    About: History and Personality info here. I don't mind what you do here, as long as it conveys to me what your character's all about.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

"My social life is now quite a bit less hectic.

The nightlife and the protests are pretty scarce.

Now I mostly spend the long days walking through the city,

Empty as a tomb.

Sometimes I miss the top of the food chain,

But what a perfect afternoon."

Name: Josh M. Tillerman.

Appearance:
    Spoiler: What's Josh even short for anyway? 

About: Josh was born in the last few days of relative normality. He's lucky enough to remember a time where the ever present threat of war and disaster was no more than a distant nightmare. A time where equal rights and political justice were still a cause for protests and freedom fighting. He even used to do the very things. Way back in his youth, Josh protested and fought for what he believed to be moral right.

But now the world has caught up to him. And from the looks of things, I'd say its won.

Only a cynical eye remains of the mans former equalitarian youth. He's tired and down on his mind.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, BumblingBee! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.