Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: [M] University High Life (Holey & Wanderess) IC

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

After waiting for awhile, the wizard saw the fae girl come out of the bathroom, dressed this time, but far too shy to look directly at him. It was adorable like many of her other reactions, but given the circumstances... it probably wouldn't have been good to point that out to her. Still, he found her hair to be quite beautiful, and was glad she didn't cut it.

"Yes well..." he remarked, "While that may be true... I think you just forgot." Noting how her outfit was definitely more of a field uniform, he figured she had at least remembered that they had some training to do, but only after she had already left. "Are you ready, then?" He made his way over to the door, holding it open for the girl.

"To the Arena, then," he said. "Have you been to the Arena yet? They have a rank system. Any University student who can achieve B rank by the time they graduate can apply for advanced education programs, such as Arcane Knight and Arcane Infiltrator. So basically... we'll need to get you a B rank by the time you complete your undergraduate studies. You'll be expected to acquire an A rank in graduate school, too."

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Smiling awkwardly, Evalyn threw her eyes to the floor still as she blushed at how easily he had seen through her failed attempt at a believable explanation. "Heh," she gave an awkward laugh in response before turning to follow him out the door and towards the university.
    Listening to him carefully along the way there, coming up to walk beside him as she nodded at his words in understanding.
    "If I'm trying to reach B rank, how far do I have to go to get there? Or rather, what's my current ranking as a new student?" She hadn't realized that there was a ranking system that she had to pass, and was happy to learn more about it to further reach her goal. After practicing so many years by herself and being trained by her previous master, Evalyn could now only practice what she already knew. So honing her skills was all she could do, and this practice with her former war-hero Professor was a gift that she was graciously going to accept.
    "Once you've met someone, you never truly forget them."
    -S.A.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

As he walked towards the arena near the university, Varg remembered that Evalyn was supposed to be his girlfriend. As she approached him, he reached out to wrap an arm around her waist and hold her a bit closer. "Since you're my girlfriend," he reminded her in a low tone, trying not to look directly at her face as he made his way towards the arena for fear of reacting in a way that might blow his cover. Still, he couldn't help but feel how soft and warm she felt...

"I believe the default rank for new contenders is D rank," he remarked. "Though if you lose a lot of battles at D rank, you can be promoted to F rank. I don't know what happened to E rank... it's weird, is it not? But three consecutive victories at D rank should be enough to hit C rank, and so on up the ranks." Squeezing her a bit, he did sneak a peek over at her pretty face after all to see her reaction.

"You'll need to win some... individual fights.. before we can fight together as a team. Arena rules don't allow a D rank to partner with an A rank in 2v2... and I should really be S rank..." As an experienced battle mage, it was rather unfair for Varg to be beating up on students in the arena. An A rank was the minimum arena ranking allowed for any instructor of combat arts, and Varg himself had avoided the arena entirely up to this point as he had no particular need to prove himself.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ever since her proffessor had figured out her questionable past and told her that they needed to go undercover as a couple of sorts, she was having to adjust herself to the sudden uncomfortable position of physically playing a girlfriend role. Biting back the surprised gasp she felt nearly leave her lips, she was sucked to his side as his arm slid softly around her waist. The intimate contact made her blush, and even after having to do so many uncomfortable things to play her part, she still showed a flushed embarrassment at the sudden sensual contact that he sprung on her out of the blue.
    Shaking away her flushed expression she looked straight ahead, carefully listening to him explain the rankings and what she needed to do. As they reached the arena she stepped into the stands with her professor to see that there were indeed people sparing off on the sides, while a battle in the arena was already taking place with a few students spectating.
    "I know them..." Evalyn said as she stepped out from Varg's hand to lean against the railing of the stand. They were nearly halfway up, yet the arena wasn't too large that it was actually 5-7 rows away from the floor of the arena.
    Two students were getting ready to battle one another, both of them had a class with Evalyn in advanced potion-making. One was a young female light-elf, with flowing light blue straw hair and an agile-looking body that gave her away for an expert in maneuvering and agility.
    Her opponent was a younger yet much larger half man half bull, as the ebony furred Minotaur easily towered over the elf with both strength and stature on his side. Though he may have appeared as a large brainless brute, Evalyn knew that he was actually a first-year student like her who had managed to qualify for an advanced potion making class that was usually filled with third-years who had much more experience with potion making.
    "I... want to watch," Evalyn said as she watched them carefully, seeing which weapons they picked before heading into battle against one another. "What are the rules? What do they have to do to win?" Though the dark face was only slightly embarrassed that she didn't know how the arena worked, she was still focused on learning and understanding. Even enthralled with the match that was about to ensue by not taking her eyes off of them.
    -S.A.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Varg rather enjoyed the adorable reactions shown by his fake girlfriend to their little public display of affection. "You really are adorable, Evalyn," he remarked in a low tone... mostly an attempt to get her to blush even more. Well, she no longer seemed angry at him for earlier, at least. Heading to the arena, he noted several familiar people glance in their direction. Some of them didn't look too pleased, but most of them tended to ignore it... Varg definitely wasn't the only professor that was supposedly sleeping with a student, after all.

"I should think you would know them," the professor remarked as he looked over at the minotaur and the elf girl who were fighting in the arena. "They're in my alchemy class, after all... same one you're in. So we both know them pretty well." Gazing at the students, he remarked, "Toro is much bigger and stronger than Zena. Skills being equal... strength and endurance usually come out on top of agility. After all, it does no good for her to strike at him if her attacks don't hurt him... and she can't dodge forever."

Going off of the training he had seen, Varg didn't think Evalyn tended to fight fair. He was providing her a fair warning that her agility would only get her so far in combat. "But properly applied subterfuge and magic can overcome physical limitations. Plus, I think you're much more skilled and experienced than most first year students. But yes... it would be a good idea to watch for a bit before we jump in to the fight."

Taking a seat, he pulled Evalyn into his lap and held her gently. "As for the rules... competitions are nonlethal, obviously, as we're not barbarians. Fights continue until one party either surrenders or is rendered unable to fight. Injuries are common, but there are plenty of healers on staff to tend to them. You'd be surprise how much practical restoration magic is tested here."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

"'We'?" Evalyn quoted him skeptically as she looked at him from the corner of her eyes, raising an eyebrow at him questionably. "I thought you said that we couldn't fight as a team quite yet, and that I had to win a couple of rounds before we compete together?"
    The dark fae studied the two carefully, watching as Toro easily defended himself from Zena's blows from the front. Her doting was keeping up a speed that was a hair quicker than the minotaur's seats at her. But Varg's advice of the light elf's agility not being enough to win the fight was proving to be true as she watched her begin to look strained, needing to change tactics soon...
    "Hey!" A surprised help escaped her lips as the startling hand that pulled her into his lap threw her off guard. Before she could bark a complaint to him about grabbing her like that she remembered the couple they were supposed to be and choked that complaint down.
    Crossing her legs and keeping her hands folded in her lap, Evalyn continued to watch the match deal out and listened to Varg. Making her wonder how badly one can get injured while in a match...

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

"Perhaps I get a bit ahead of myself," the mage admitted, "I just... expect you to win your first several fights quite easily. So I was figuring that it'd be no time at all until we were fighting together." Watching the exchange between the elf and the minotaur, he noted a distinct lack of magic being thrown around in their duel. While the two of them were both students at the University... they still seemed to focus more on martial combat than magic use.

He chuckled somewhat at the fae's reaction to being pulled into his lap. "We must keep up our act, remember?" He whispered into her ear. Well, he no longer did this simply to paint an image for those who were looking at him... her adorable reactions and blushing were giving him a sort of sadistic pleasure in seeing how she would react.

Sure enough, it seemed the light elf had a few tricks up her sleeve after all. Using magic to conjure forth an illusionary mirror image of herself, she used a second spell to shadow step behind the large creature. As the minotaur's axe tore through the illusion and met no resistance, he already knew he had lost, as the quick fencing blade of the elf pierced through his back. It would have easily been a fatal blow had Zena not been holding back, and Toro admitted his defeat and stumbled off to seek healing.

However, Varg was more interested in distracting Evalyn's attention from this fight. Leaning in, he placed a soft kiss at the tip of her pointed ear, knowing full well how incredibly sensitive fae ears were.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Evalyn nodded in response as she remembered what he whispered in her ear. Adjusting herself to sit more comfortably in his lap she tried better to make it appear as if she was actually comfortable sitting in her lover's lap and came to a position where she was sitting across his lap horizontal to him. Though she felt slightly better relaxed in this position, she tried not to get too comfortable as she planned on going next in the tournament.
    Evalyn watched the two opponents now, and noted the magic that the light elf used to win the round. Making Evalyn gasp in surprise at the force with which Zena plunged the saber into her opponent's back. Had the light elf used more force she easily could have killed him...
    The dark fae's eyes widened in surprise as she audibly gasped again, feeling the soft lips of a kiss being planted on her sensitive ears and making her blush profusely before shooting up onto her feet with a flushed expression. Biting her tongue she tried not to make a scene or prove the teacher-student romantic relationship a hoax by yelling at him for physical contact. But all of this sensual touching without her permission was pushing her. The tingling sensation from the soft kiss was coursing through her body, making her unable to be mad but instead flushed with embarrassment as she prepared to head in for her first round.
    "I-I'm going to go in now," Evalyn tried to state clearly, though her stutter was a giveaway of her unfocused mind as she turned sharply before heading into the main level to go in.
    -S.A.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Varg found the young fae girl's presence in his lap to be... quite pleasant, really. Even though it was just an act, he could sense that it was... something he could definitely get used to. Perhaps it was slightly inappropriate to be having such thoughts about his student, but... well, it wasn't as if Evalyn was a child, after all. The gasp of surprise that the dark fae gave out at the precision of Zena's attack was surpassed only by the gasp she gave out from his lips being placed on her pointy ear.

Smirking a bit as she got up, the blush she gave and the way she stuttered betrayed her true feelings about the situation. "Alright," he remarked as she began to make her hasty retreat, "I'll be cheering for you. Try not to get too distracted... there's no need to embarass yourself. Just head on down to the ready room in order to register for a fight... they'll help you out since it's your first time."

Varg sort of wanted to head down with her, but he didn't really have any business doing so since he wasn't yet on a team with her. It would come across as too overprotective if he decided to hold her hand every step of the way, after all.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567