Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M][OOC] A Clash of Kings - A Game of Thrones RP

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default [M][OOC] A Clash of Kings - A Game of Thrones RP

A Clash of Kings

IC Thread = TBA

This is a WIP. Updates will occur with time.

The Setting:
    "Westeros is dying - its lands pillaged, battered and destroyed in the wake of a war as devastating as Robert's Rebellion eighteen years prior. The Stag King's son, King Joffrey "Baratheon" sits on the Iron Throne, standing against five different men all claiming to be Kings in their own right:

Joffery himself, is the psychotic, dimwitted son of Jaime and Cersei Lannister, a product of their incestuous relationship. With a habit for cruelty and brutality, evident from his treatment of Lady Sansa Stark and the execution of her father, the boy is already being compared to the Mad King Aerys... And is as deluded as well.

In the North sits Robb Stark, the son of Lord Paramount Eddard Stark and Lady Catelyn Tully and King of the North and Trident, eager to defeat the Lannister's and gain a measure of vengeance for his father's death and sisters imprisonment within the Red Keep. With the support of his bannermen, he marches south beneath the Neck, eager to bring the Lannister's to justice.

On the volcanic island of Dragonstone sits the rightful claimant to the Iron Throne, the stern faced and harsh man known as Stannis Baratheon - following the knowledge that King Joffery and his siblings were the product of incest between Queen Cersei Lannister and Ser Jaime Lannister of the Kingsguard (via letter from Ned Stark), Stannis raised his men and hopes to take his birth right.

In the Stormlands resides King Renly Baratheon, Robert Baratheon's youngest sibling and the current Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. Persuaded by Loras Tyrell, the younger Baratheon struck his banners and proclaimed his intent to take the throne, much to his brothers chagrin.

And with all this going on, the Ironborn have decided to rise up once more, sensing the opportunity to gain independence from the soft mainlanders of the Seven Kingdom. Balon Greyjoy, with the support of his Ironborn reavers, has launched his ships northwards to attack the lands of Robb Stark... Directly in the heart of the boy's new found kingdom.

With all these supposed "Kings", only one thing is certain - the Game of Thrones is a dangerous one indeed...

Rules

This will be a mature roleplay event - characters will die gory deaths, there will be harsh themes and nobody is safe. With strong language, violence and harsh, possibly upsetting themes, this RP is not for the faint of heart.

Here's some basic ground rules for the RP:

- We'll be following book canon for the RP - I can fill you in for certain bits missing on the show.

- Your characters do not and will not have diplomatic immunity. This means that they can die in certain circumstances, often very violently. That being said, it's up to you if you want this to happen

- If you're going to be pursuing romance in this RP, don't be overly explicit - cut away to black if stuff gets steamy Romance between players is encouraged if you're into that kinda thing.

- I shall be the GM yet encourage people to PM if they have an idea for the story to progress a certain way.

- Put "Winter is coming" at the top of your bio so I know you've read the ruleset.

- Other than these, regular RPA rules apply.

Character Sheet

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Map of Westeros
    Spoiler: Map 

Player Characters

Spoiler: Ser Daniel Youngflower (Played by Daniel_Darkholm 

Spoiler: Arah Harrow and King Stannis Baratheon I (Played by EveningRain) 

Spoiler: Lady Antoinette Blackstock (Played by .Karma) 

Spoiler: King Joffery I Baratheon of the Iron Throne 

Spoiler: Lord Rowyn Blackstock (Played by StormWolf) 

Spoiler: Valeria Antontella Sand (played by Mfable) 

Spoiler: Lady Madge Mormont (Played by Rabbit) 

NPC Characters

Spoiler: King Robb Stark of the North and Trident 
    Last edited by Daniel_Darkholm; 05-24-2017 at 10:29 AM.

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

You know I sort of promised myself not to commit to another RP, but I have a character idea going waay back that I'd love to bring in. My question is: how are you going to structure this RP? It seems like it could get very messy and chaotic.

This looks cool though, we need more ASOIAF RPs!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Well, my intent is to have it follow the majority of the plot points within the story with minor changes I.e. Robb Stark mobilising his forces and heading south, Stannis vs Renly, Battle of Blackwater will all have alternate outcomes based on user interactions with people of importance.

So, if I were to have a character convince Robb Stark to marry the Frey girl, it would prevent the Red Wedding and so on and so forth. Hopefully, more people join the RP on different sides to shed multiple different out looks and perspectives of the war.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

That's pretty damn cool. Sounds like a sprawl. Definitely mark me as interested.

The black Cat
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Ooooh shit, it's a GoT RP

Okay, get ahold of yourself Chat *slap* *slap*

I'm here to advertise!! It's a stock post, so keep that in mind, but there really are some awesome links in there and you should definitely check them out, okay?

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? 

Spoiler: I'm the cat who got the cream. 

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I'm guessing we could play characters of original lesser/vassal Houses?

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Darkholm View Post
    Well, my intent is to have it follow the majority of the plot points within the story with minor changes I.e. Robb Stark mobilising his forces and heading south, Stannis vs Renly, Battle of Blackwater will all have alternate outcomes based on user interactions with people of importance.

So, if I were to have a character convince Robb Stark to marry the Frey girl, it would prevent the Red Wedding and so on and so forth. Hopefully, more people join the RP on different sides to shed multiple different out looks and perspectives of the war.
    I love this idea of a plot of "what ifs".

Where the PCs aren't changing the story, will it be following the books or the show? Just because some events and characters (Robb, Stannis and Renly especially) are quite different in the show.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

@StormWolf Of course I'm also looking for people to RP as major characters such as Robb Stark, The Tyrells etc. as well though.

@Azazeal849 I'll try and have the plotline be book canon - if there is anything the books haven't covered though then I may use TV plotlines.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Wait, you're going to let people play major characters?

I mean that sounds awesome. I'd try not to if I didn't know them very well though...

i would also prefer the book canon - as it's much more detailed imo. I'm getting even more interested in this. Would we be able to pilot more than one character? I might play an OC and a character from the canon for example.

EDIT: Also I suppose playing someone like Daenerys or Jorah wouldn't really work since they're so isolated from the main plot?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Of course and don't worry about Jorah and Daenerys we'll see them af some point.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast