Thread: 「M」【A Descent into Darkness】「OOC」

Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Default 「M」【A Descent into Darkness】「OOC」

WARNING RATED R

CONTAINS: Blood, Gore, Strong Violence, Strong Language, Religious Afflictions, Sexual Situations/Nudity, Drugs and Alcohol Usage

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

August 17th, 1999 - Chilean Oceanographic and Maritime Research Vessel, the Soledad, detected strange, but faint, seismic readings within the Abyssopelagic Zone approximately 8046.72 km below the surface. Captain and Researcher, Rigoberto Morillo, sends these seismographs to the Chilean Institute of Research and Technology for he believes they may have found something. However, before Captain Morillo and his crew were able to successfully transmit these findings the vessel was lost.

September 1st, 1999 - The Chilean government classifies this under "Project Z", a purported joint-military project between the United States and Chile to hide the existence of unidentified terrestrial organisms. However, both the United States government and the Chilean government deny Project Z's existence and stated that if such a project were to exist there would be no conceivable way to hide the existence of these unidentified organisms.

September 12th, 1999 - Journalist and conspiracy theorist, Emmanuel Carvallo, obtains classified information from a whistle-blower only known as "the Divide". Carvallo releases this information to the Chilean public, and the information released eventually garnishes international attention. This leak has been commonly known as the "Carvallo Leaks".

September 19th, 1999 - A week after Carvallo releases the information to the international community, the Chilean government issued a statement as to credibility of said information. The information Carvallo provided were several accounts of the Chilean government as well as other countries, not just the United States, hiding the existence of U.T.Os. In the statement, they deny the existence of UTOs and continue to state that should UTOs exist there would be no way to truly hide them.

September 29th, 1999 - Ten days after the Chilean government issued a statement, Emmanuel Carvallo dies of mysterious circumstances. The official autopsy has stated that Carvallo died of alcohol poisoning, but Carvallo's family and friends state that Carvallo wasn't that heavy of a drinker. Thus creating conflicting reports.

October 3rd, 1999 - A paranormal and supernatural investigation team, commonly known as "U.F.Os United!", heads to Chile to try and investigate the mysteries surrounding the death of Emmanuel Carvallo as well as the Carvallo Leaks in order to unravel it all.

Informational Guide

Spoiler: Story 

Spoiler: Mechanics 

Character Sheet

HTML Code:
    [HR][HR][/HR][/HR]
    [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=7][B][U]Name Here[/U][/B][/SIZE]

[HR][HR][/HR][/HR]

[Wrap=Right]Image link Here[/Wrap]

[INDENT=2][SIZE=4]Titles: 
    Monikers:
    Birthdate:
    Bloodtype:
    Bloodline: 
    Sexual Orientation:

Strength: [roll]3d6[roll] (Enter / on second roll)
    Dexterity: [roll]3d6[roll] (Enter / on second roll)
    Constitution: [roll]3d6[roll] (Enter / on second roll)
    Wisdom: [roll]3d6[roll] (Enter / on second roll)

If you had one reasonable melee weapon to take with you, what would you take(?): 
    If you had one reasonable ranged weapon to take with you, what would you take(?):

Psychological Evaluation (Personality): 
    Biography: [/SIZE][/INDENT][/FONT]

Rules

1. Posting after the allotted time is strictly prohibited. That allotted time being a week after your recent post. I'll give you a warning on the fourth day, and if you fail to the post after the seventh day then you'll be subject to eviction and your character will be terminated. However, if you give a proper reason as to why you cannot post for an entire week, then I'll happily accept it and extend the time or ghost your character until your eligible to rejoin.

2. No vulgar or racist comments please. That's just uncivilized.

3. RPA Rules do Apply.

4. I'm not looking for quantity, but rather quality. You're expected to at least post a paragraph or two. I understand that you may have writer's block, but a paragraph is expected of you. And I will not ask for anything less.

5. GM's authority and word is absolute.

6. I have the right to change the rules as I see fit.

7. Any and all arguments will be avoided at all cost. Should an argument erupt, over trivial things or things of the sort, a strike will be handed to all occupants involved. Three strikes you're out.

8. Perma-Death is active in this roleplay. If you die, due to unanticipated circumstances, you will not be able to make another character. However, you can read along and talk with the remaining players.

9. If you've read this far then great, you get a cookie. No, but seriously, put this down in your character (Somewhere) to let me know that you've read the rules: "Are U.T.Os Real?"

Characters

Spoiler: Lance G. Donovan 
    Last edited by Dire Hoef; 05-16-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Lance G. Donovan

Titles: Head Paranormal Researcher of "U.F.Os United!"
    Monikers: Armstrong, Cookey Man Donovan, The UFO Man, Man of the Paranormal
    Birthdate: June 5th, 1978
    Sex: Male
    Bloodtype: B+
    Bloodline: Donovan
    Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Strength: (3d6)[15]
    Dexterity: (3d6)[13]
    Constitution: (3d6)[9]
    Wisdom: (3d6)[10]

If you had one reasonable melee weapon to take with you, what would you take(?): "My family's traditional sword, love that thing.."
    If you had one reasonable ranged weapon to take with you, what would you take(?): "Preferably a sawn-off shotgun, because those things pack a wallop!"

Psychological Evaluation (Personality): Lance is by far the most calm and collective man you'll ever see. He seems to be equipped for the kinds of fears that humanity has tried their best to avoid for years. Though having grown up watching B-rated horror films and reading nightmarish bedtime stories, he has become accustomed to the strange and scary. Although, one such author he often quotes is ▇▇▇▇▇▇ for he seems infatuated with his work. Honestly, his colleagues cannot count how many times he has quoted ▇▇▇▇▇▇. Most of his mannerisms and speech patterns are inspired by ▇▇▇▇▇▇ works, while still maintaining his British guile. Aside from his calm and collective demeanor and his apparent infatuation with ▇▇▇▇▇▇, he's alsp a caring and responsible fellow. Living in a house of two lesbians growing up really helped him shape his worldview by treating everyone the same way he wants to be treated. His mothers have hammered home that Golden Rule. And so he puts it to practice today.

Biography: ▇▇▇▇▇▇
    Last edited by Dire Hoef; 05-16-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Queen of Awesome
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

Hi Dire - Your game looks like it will be amazing! Horror is one of my favorite genre's to play. I'll be keeping an eye on this one!
    I just wanted to drop off some resources here to help you get your RP the most advertisement it can!

The staff advertise roleplays every week! You should totally submit this RP for it! It's called Roleplay of the Week. There are guidlines, but it's generally pretty easy. Then you can advertise is here and it has a chance of being chosen that week to be featured on the front page so other members can more easily see it!

It does require a banner though, so never fear! There is an RPotW banner shop, where one of our artists on the site will make you one so you can turn in your submission! You just give them a picture and they make it for you! Easy right?

We also have our directory if you want to add it there so members looking for a new RP can easily find you!

Last but not least we have our staff sig! If you would like us to put your RP in our signature, just post here!

If you have any more questions about how to get your RP advertised please give me or any of the other mods's a PM!
    Good Luck & Have fun!
    Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

This roleplay had been featured as

You are welcome to use the banner I made. Congrats!!

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

YOOO!!!

Fantasy mostly
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Count me interested.