Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (M)The Black Star Privateers: Blood and Blasters IC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M)The Black Star Privateers: Blood and Blasters IC

Rated M for possible mature content including sex, violence, language, graphic situations, and drug use.

The Black Star Privateers: Blood and Blasters

By the rings of Saturn and the tits of Venus, money is our game and defying death is in the contract.
    OOC here and still open

Manifest Destiny, this is being a widely held belief in the Galactic Alliance, that Planet settlers are being destined to be expanding across Universe. It is having three basic themes that is being the driving force behind it. But they are being big lies so here are the right words.

1: The special interests of politicians to be making good money.
    2: The mission of the Galactic Alliance is to be buying up and and be shooting down anyone who is saying no.
    3: An irresistible destiny to be paying smart mercs good money for looking scary.

Captain Dar-Jeela 2305 AD

In a room filled with the smell of jasmine and apple, a tall gray-skinned woman with long black and pink hair is seated at a desk dressed in an old t-shirt and red shorts typing away on her personal log. It was a few minutes before dawn and Dar-Jeela has been up half the night getting the final preparations ready for the crew's next mission to Dorcha a 'chala.

She'd been working on this for weeks and with the launch date here Jeela seems to be doing more now than she ever did. Traveling papers, paying the fees needed to get clearance, making sure Xantos had all the supplies and requisitions needed. Work, work, work, she's really kicking herself in the tail now for not finding a good First Mate before now. Her father and Evan were a helluva team, she might've even hired Evan on if he hadn't gone back home to be with his family. Leaning back in her chair Jeela saved her log and looked up at the clock on her wall. 4:55 in the morning, too late to get any sleep they're set to lift off at 5:30.
    Leaning back in the old swivel chair Jeela rubbed her eyes letting a big toothy yawn, not having a First Mate isn't the only issue that's been biting her on the rear. She had to call in a few favors to get a Head Mechanic, an Assistant Medic, and an Assistant Engineer on the mission. She guessed the stories her father told scared most of the full-time Hangar Staff off. They have a good deal here safety, good pay, and mostly free room and board. If Jeela wasn't Captain she'd happily stay in the Hangar herself. But the truth of the matter was she is the Captain and that means keeping everyone else alive and insuring the mission gets accomplished. Giving one more massive yawn the new Captain pulled her jammies off and dressed for the day. A few minutes later she dressed in her signature black vest and pants complete with some nice formal pink underwear. Coffee doesn't do anything for her people, but a nice tall glass of chill seal blood would wake her up. Heading up to the fourth level and made her way into the kitchen. The new Ship Cook Scab probably wouldn't be here, but the Chef Droid was just a flick of a switch away. The Shar entered the dimly lit mess hall and entered a quick code on her Master Brace computer and the whole room came to life with lights, soft music, and the Galactic News Channel, someone attacked a major city on Terra Prime, but Dar-Jeela could care less. She needed her seal juice.

"Cooky" as they called the Chef Droid buzzed around the kitchen getting coffee and breakfast ready for anyone in the Hangar who wanted to eat. Walking to the counter Jeela tapped her manicured claws on the stainless steel counter to get it's attention.
    "Dobraye utro(good morning) Cooky can you be getting me tall glass of chilled seal blood please?"

The tall silver colored robot spun on his single wheel and his face panel lit up with a smiling yellow sun. The robot sounded like one of those old TV announcers from Terra Prime and it always made Jeela giggle.
    "Good morning madame Captain! I would just be tickled pink to serve you on this fine day!" Whirring to the fridge the jolly robot pulled out a sealed metal canister and a mug with a handle. Opening the canister Cooky poured the deep red liquid carefully into the mug before rolling up and handing it to Jeela. "There you are Captain Jeela! Fresh squeezed last night so it should have all the flavor and nutrients your people need to grow up big and strong!"

Dar-Jeela let out another giggle and held off telling the robot she was already fully grown by her people's standards. "Spahseebah (thank you) Cooky, be having good day da?"

Cooky nodded at the woman before going back to zipping around the kitchen getting breakfast ready. Sipping her drink Jeela decided to take a quick detour to Uncle Xantos's office to see if they had everything ready for the mission. As the Captain moved through the two level between her and Xantos's office she heard a few sounds of life which allowed her to breath easier and calm some of the knots bunching up in her stomach. This was going to be her big chance at making a name for herself as a Merc and she was so worried something would go wrong, that'll be something else she hoped Uncle Xan could do for her calm her jittery nerves a bit. Togga often called Xan one of his most trusted Officers and someone he could always rely on for advice...not that the great Dar-Togga needed much advice. He was a man of great wisdom and experience himself, never in her whole life could she remember her father being stressed about anything. It was a trait she hoped she inherited as the launch time grew nearer.

Soon she reached Xan's door and knocked gently.
    "Hey Uncle Xan can I be entering and talking with you?" She slowly sipped her cup of blood waiting for permission to enter which to an outside person would seem silly since she was the Captain now, but her was her Uncle and she was told to respect him.

*Geppetto*

The gentle crank of a wrench could be heard in the darkness of the Hanger, a helmeted cyborg is knelt before the main engine of the Black Star. Anders Mars is his name, but he's better known around the universe as Geppetto. Assassin extraordinaire up until a few years ago when he took down the company that ruined his life and condemned him to a life without sleep until he eats a bullet. Forever moving, forever keeping his damnable augs charged so he doesn't just power down and die. Not until he killed every last one of them

That was what drove him on back on Terra Prime. Revenge, but once he fulfilled his goal the man found himself unable to stop and die. He had made good friends and a caring lover in his time as a Terrorist of Corporate Terra. But his skillset was unneeded and honestly he didn't want to kill anymore, not unless his life or the life of someone he cared for was in danger. So for many years he roamed the universe searching for purpose, and eventually he found it as a Mechanic. Fixing everything from old cars and bikes to interstellar spaceships. He still couldn't slow down so Geppetto dedicated himself to learning the complete skillset every hour of the day and night. He played Fixer for ten years before he found himself here, on the scorched planet of Carin under the employ of Space Pirates. Despite being one of the most qualified candidates for Gunner or Scout the cyborg chose to take the vacated Ship Mechanic position after his predecessor, a young girl called Sheki was contracted to build an entire planet left. And here the man feels he found his true calling, the simple repetition of cranking a wrench or swinging a hammer kept him charged and almost happy.

And now he's to join the Black Star in a Planet Rush, now there was an opportunity he couldn't pass up. He finished working the couplet and inserted it back into the engine watching the power power through the engine's circuits and the soft heat of the thrusters powering up warmed the former killer's heart. The clock on the wall chimed 5'o'clock and told the Head Mechanic it was almost time for launch. He would need to hunt down one of the full-time Mechanics to help him do the last minute check of the ship's systems, and maybe Taylor since she and Tsarmina were due to run checks on the software of the ship.

*Tsarmina*

Tsarmina Uberfang, a simple Tsok orphan trying to escape her mean-spirited parents would never have expected to find herself the Assistant Engineer for a group of criminals and murderers, nor would she have expected to have her own room where she could truly be herself. She could cover the walls in her drawings and painting, she could leave her clothes all over and not worry about someone stealing them, and best of all she could now coil up on a bed and get a good night's sleep. Never in her eighteen years of life has she felt so safe or at home, it always made her giggle to herself when she thought about it and it often filled her stomach with butterflies.

Tonight though those butterflies were doubled. She was about to be a Pioneer on a brand new planet! The Dark Harbor while scary sounding filled the scaly young dreamer's mind with so many ideas and giddy thoughts that she could only slither the length of her room checking and rechecking her bag and toolkit, making sure everything was perfect and making sure she had all the gear she needed to fulfill her job as Assistant Engineer. Ms. Kisa was a huge help for that last night, but the excitement made young Mina giddy and in need of something to do. But eventually even she knew everything was fine, at a lose of what to do next and with not enough time to go to bed, the young Tsok was eager to get started, she knew Captain Dar-Jeela had said all Mechanics and Engineers would need to be up around five to do final systems checks so thinking it a good excuse to bother her boss Mina slithered to Ms. Kisa's door and knocked gently peeking her pale head into the woman's room.
    "Ms. Kisa, I couldn't sleep. Think we can start doing those system checks Captain Jeela wanted us to do on the ship now?" She wasn't the most subtle Assistant on the planet, but at least she was quick enough to avoid anything the Head Engineer would throw at her for waking her up early.

*Medbot X03*

Grumbling could be heard from an office in the Medical Bay of the Black Star Hangar. In that dimly lit office Medbot X03 was busy getting all the medical paperwork for this Planet Rush mission filled out before launch. Being a robot he didn't need to sleep, so he was stuck doing the work the squishy Doctor Vasha couldn't do because she needed to "rest". Always getting the grunt work, Medbot had enough of this crap when he served in the Alliance Military. But as usual his logic circuits told him better to make sure it's done right rather than running the risk of one of Vasha's "biological needs" screwing something up. Eating, drinking, the need to engage in
    "coitus" whenever the mood struck, Medbot was sure those needs would get one of them killed someday and with this new venture to an unknown planet full of who knows what kind of distractions and temptation that possibility would grow exponentially in Medbot's opinion.

But as usual he would keep his speakers quiet and just hope he has enough time to fix it before it all goes into the scrapheap. With a sigh Medbot finished the last form and sent them off to the Galactic Alliance. Leaning back in his chair the old Medical droid checked his fluid levels and systems out of sheer boredom. The scaly Captain had given them orders to check the med supplies before lift-off, but M.B. didn't feel like dealing with Vasha's grouchiness so early in the day. He would have to eventually, but the downside of being an advanced A.I. meant he had to consider the feelings and opinions of others. Biologicals, particularly female biologicals get very annoying when they don't get their "beauty sleep". And while M.B. could argue all the points about how sleep doesn't stop the ravages of time, the following argument the good Doctor could make would bore him greatly.

It was an hour until they needed to make the 0530 muster time and a half-hour until he really needed to wake the Doctor. So the surly old robot decided to indulge in one of his few leisure habits. Plugging his access cable into the modem on his desk Medbot powered his body down and logged onto an old fantasy game called Warworld. It was ancient by all standards, but by some great miracle it was still active and full of players. Medbot was best at playing the Cleric class, and even with very little offensive abilities the robot had an undefeated record in both PVE and PVP areas. This was something he had always enjoyed and even being a robot from the ground up his A.I. was programmed as a learning computer and to him joy was like getting a fully charged battery once a minute, just wonderful to experience. Once he was in game the time flew by, before he knew it his internal alarm was telling him it was time to wake up Vasha and get the med supplies sorted. He gave an annoyed groan and saved his progress before returning to reality.

Standing up the bronze colored robot moved from behind his desk and sought the Doctor out.
    "Excuse me Doctor Jaleni, but we need to do the last check on medical supplies before we get up to muster."
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 07-04-2017 at 03:58 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

That one Reaper Guy
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Don't you go yelling at me, Sam! You know damn well that I kicked your ass fair and square!" June shouted as she stormed down the halls. Sam was trailing close behind, trying in vain to prove her wrong.

"You most certainly did not! We were sparring, and you pulled one of your knives! If I knew we were going Little Miss Hardass I would have pulled out my gu-" Sam stopped himself before he finished the sentence, but by then had already dealt his card. June stopped dead in her tracks, and slowly turned around. She looked up, teary eyed and quivered lip.

"You would have pulled a gun on me? On me? I thought you loved me!" She put her face in her hands, concealing it from Sam, who immediately rushed to her and took her in his arms.

"You know I'd never do that! I'm sorry, love. You know I didn't mea- OOF!" Sam keeled over, holding his stomach in his hands and looking up at a laughing June.

"Did I win, Sammy my love?" She asked mockingly. Sam nodded in agreement, gasping for air. June simply laughed harder, and before going to the Intelligence Room, gave Sam a quick peck on the cheek.

"Love youuuu~~" She called out before rounding the corner, leaving Sam alone in the hall.

"Damn... Next time, Sam, next time..." He mumbled to himself, straightening out and collecting his self. He and June hadn't been on the ship for very long, and while Sam remembered it perfectly, he was acclimating to the new people. However, he was mainly looking for a particular individual who shared a common interest and personal touch to Sam: He hadn't had the time to ask, but this particular person had something he wanted back.

"SAAAAAM! I WANT MY SHIT!" Sam shouted in the halls, being rather negligent of others. Other Sam had a gun that he wanted back, and by Golly was he gonna get his baby back.
    Last edited by Soulio; 06-05-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

Anything that lets me smash stuff.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

An hour until muster, plenty of time for Carcano to get his kit all sorted out. Time was a precious thing for the old Death Trooper, as he won't have much of it when his first big gig starts. Just outside the Quartermaster's main office, Carcano and his Exo-Armor sat side by side on a bench, still as stone. The man hunched low as he read off readings on a small tablet linked to his suit via a cable in its spine.

"Motor output, optimal. Sensory feed, live. Ammo counter, active... All systems, at full..." He muttered, satisfied his armor still held up despite all these years.

Every dent and scrape on its black surface was a testament to his survival, and his service to Lancaar. He sighed forlornly, and pressed a button on the tablet. On that command his armor stood from the bench with arms outstretched, pistons and joints hissed and moaned quietly with every movement. Posterior plates of armor buckled and parted open, revealing the interior. Carcano unplugged the tablet and set it aside, grabbing onto a safety latch from inside the suit and climbed in. Snug best describes the feeling of wearing Visorhound armor, always a slight struggle to fit fingers into the gauntlets and feet into the boots. When everything was in place the armor closed, resealing itself with air spewing out from vents hidden under the armor plating.

After a few test shrugs, Carcano now had full control. Motor output optimal, sensory feed life, ammo counter active.

"Now, where the hell is my team...?"

Mr. Carcano insisted that Garuda try to improve her marksmanship before the captain mustered the crew for the planet rush, but Garuda was not entirely sure if she was doing just that. Data collected from the downed combat bots from the course told Garuda she had an accuracy percentage of thirty three percent at the average engagement distance of forty meters. She supposed that was good enough, but Garuda knew she could do better.

Hm... Should I try one more run of the course?, Garuda pondered. Paint rounds were used for the past few hours, so the combat bots could just stand up and take posts again. She checked the time in her visor HUD and frowned.

"Oh drat, only an hour until muster..."

She sighed and punched in a few orders into the console she stood at. The lights shut down in the combat course and combat bots trundled back to their charge ports. With everything back where Garuda found them, she made her way back to the dorms feeling more than a little down. She knew she could better, but she just didn't know how...
    Last edited by IronQuill; 06-11-2017 at 03:01 AM.
    Hilariously derailing one-liner

Sci-Fi, Westerns, Crime, Thrillers
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"Cooky," he heard, muffled through the cabinet door. "Dobraye utro Cooky can you be getting me tall glass of chilled seal blood please?"

Scab lightly stretched out his arms and held back the urge to yawn. He heard the bot whizz around and cheerfully chat with The Captain. Scab thought about popping out and offering assistance, but wasn't keen on revealing his little nook just to help pour some juice - something the bot was obviously equipped for. Scab waited, quietly, while The Captain was served and walked off.

Light stings Scab's eyes while a small metallic claw swings the cabinet door open and a small face panel with a question mark awaits on the other side. Cooky looks to the left, and then the right, and then directly at Scab.

"You are not pepper."

Scab shuffles and pulls the grinder out from behind him and then tosses it to Cooky, who catches it with his other claw.

"Ah, excellent," Cooky says. "Will you be joining us this morning, Scab?"

Scab scratches his stomach for a moment inquisitively and then says, "Yes, I will."

He hops out of the cabinet and Cooky closes the door behind him. Cooky then continues to make breakfast, sprinkling pepper lightly in hand. Scab didn't mind the crew quarters with a real bed, of course, but sometimes he needed to sleep somewhere smaller to keep himself centered. The universe just needed to feel smaller. Just some anxiety about getting to work aboard the Black Star; the universe was suddenly going to get much bigger than Scab was used to.

He grabbed a knife and started working alongside Cooky.

Made by Hayabusa

Once known as ZanNight

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Default Co-Op Siks & ADN

She groaned at the sound of a soft tapping on the door, rolling over Taylor chose to ignore it instead pulling one of the extra pillows on the bed closer to her chest. Snuggling into the pillow she still tried to ignore the tapping sound. It was nice to have a bed that was hers again and was more than a cot built into the wall. Hell, an extra pillow was a luxury she wasn't used to. On the prison station it was hard enough to get an extra blanket, she didn't even dare ask for an extra pillow. Since getting out of prison she had move around a lot never staying in one place more than a night or two. Some places she stay at had decent beds others didn't. A couple of times she thought about going back to the mafia, remembering the king sized bed with silk sheets she had. She knew the Pakhan would welcome her back but eventually he would expect her to start earning her keep and that would put her back on the radar of the feds. She had been doing a little hacking since getting out but it was little things like taking enough money to pay for rent and food. Anything larger would no doubt draw attention to her.

That was why she had taken the job with the Black Star Privateers, it allowed her a steady place to stay, a pay check and she could avoid drawing the feds attention. Still hearing that tapping sound Taylor groaned again, this time is was coupled with someone calling out, 'Ms Kisa'. If Taylor wasn't still half asleep she would have laughed at the young girl literally calling out Ms Kitty. After a few moments she realized it was her assistant. That was another strange thing she wasn't used to having but a ship this size would be hard to maintain by herself. Taylor pushed herself from bed and straighten her night clothes, a pair of shorts and a tank top that barely covered her mid-drift then walked to the door. She leaned against the wall as she opened it, “Either call me Taylor or just Kisa but never Ms Kisa.” She said pushing her messy blonde hair out of her face.

Mina blushed a little nodding at the Head Engineer, it was always strange calling her elders by their first names or even their last names without putting a Mr, Miss, or Missus in front of it. But this was basically a pirate ship so informality was expected. The young snake woman straightened her standard issue Black Star short coat making sure the Privateers symbol was unwrinkled and swished her long blue ponytail to between her shoulder blades before nodding to Taylor.

"I will try ma'am, so how did you sleep?" The girl asked slithering a little further into her boss's room making sure to avoid knocking the cybernetic human over with any part of her white eight foot long body. "I couldn't sleep a wink myself." She said trying to hide the giddiness in her voice and remain professional, but her body quivered with excitement.

She'd never actually been in Taylor's room before, in her down time she even tried to picture it. Full of computer tapped into every feed on the planet, an army of Japanese Host boy bots waiting on her hand and foot, even giant robotic death bot protecting the woman's virtue crossed her mind from time to time. She coiled up by the door looking wide-eyed at the dark room, she was too nervous to think up what smart thing to say next so she just said the first thing that came to mind.
    "It smells nice in here, but where are your Japanese Host Bot Boys?" After realizing what she said the girl hissed quickly and hide her face in her clawed hands. "I mean...I mean...hi."

“My what?” Taylor said, not quiet shaking the fog of sleep from her mind. She realized the room was still pretty dark which didn't bother her as she wasn't all the way awake but figured her assistant was judging by her chipperness. Tapping into the hanger's system with her implant she adjusted the lights so they were at a dim level. Bright enough to see but not blind a half asleep engineer. The room was still pretty sparse with nothing hanging on the walls. There were a few data tablets on one of the tables but it really didn't look much different than when Taylor first moved in. The sheets on the bed were even the ones that came with the room. Taylor couldn't say she had many belongings. Most everything she owned had been on the asteroid field station and she was sure a good portion was sitting in an evidence locker somewhere. When she was 'released' from prison all she had was the clothes on her back.

She watched as the Tsok girl slithered around her, she wasn't used to seeing other races, the mafia wasn't really known for their diversity. She had seen a number of other races the first time she had been in prison but never really socialized with them. When in jail it's best to find a group and stick with them, making friends outside that group wasn't normal. “I slept alright. Could use some coffee though.” Taylor said, looking at the girl's jacket and recalling that she had been given one as well. She didn't know if uniforms were mandatory or not, kinda hoping they weren't. Maybe she could get away with sewing one of those patches onto the sleeve of her own jacket.

Mina quirked her eyebrow a little at the mention of coffee. She was still working on learning all the ins and outs of non Tsok races. Took her a couple of seconds, but she hissed softly when it came to her.
    "OH COFFEE! That bitter black stuff you softskins like, right?" She chuckled lightly looking to the door. "So uh do you need me to leave the room while you change? Or...or I can cover my eyes!" And after getting herself into a more comfortable coil she covered her eyes with her hands waiting.

"It's not bitter if you know the right way to order it." Taylor said. Mina offered to leave the room so she could change but at the same time covered her eyes. Either way Taylor didn't mind. Privacy wasn't something she was accustomed to, in the prisons everything was open and there were always others around. Even when she was in solitary there were always guards nearby. She quickly changed not wanting Mina to wait long, her choice in clothing was plain just her usual outfit but she chose her own jacket rather than the issued one.

Once she was finished she let Mina know and started walking to the forth level where the kitchens were. In the week she had been here Taylor had done some exploring of the Hanger and had been able to map out most of the facility. It didn't take her long to find her way to the kitchens where she walked right up to the chef droid. "Cooky, can I get two tall, caramel macchiatos with three shots espresso, two pumps of raspberry, a pump a chocolate, a pump of vanilla, a dash of toffee and extra whipped creme." Taylor said, taking the liberty to order a drink for Mina not at all sure if Tsoks drank coffee. "Oh and don't forget the sprinkles on the top."

Following a few paces behind Taylor Mina was in silent awe as they roamed through the halls of the Black Star Hangar. She wasn't exactly brand new to this place, but because of her people's love of technology she had a feeling she'd always marvel at the Hangar. The things her people could do with a spaceport like this, they could spread the Tsok philosophy of perfection in everything they do to all the uncivilized savages. Even if Mina herself didn't meet the high standards for that philosophy herself, too pale, too few arms, too plain looking. Genetics were cruel sometimes, but parents who have to deal with it can be crueler. Shaking the thoughts away before she got too emotional, Mina kept pace with her boss as they entered the mess hall and immediately a shiver went up her entire body. This room always seemed so cold, even after she spent the whole night and morning in her heat lamped bed. Maybe it was something she could ask Ms. Taylor to look into later.

Leaving Scab to carry on the breakfast prep Kooky wheeled over to the Engineers his face lighting up with the same smiling yellow sun that Jeela saw.

"You bet your bottom dollar you can Taylor! I'll even give you lovely ladies some cherries too!" A soft muzak style song began buzzing up from Cooky's voice speakers as he wheeled around getting the colorfully peppy drinks ready. A handful of minutes pass before the droid returns and hands the drinks to the Engineer. "There you are Taylor, I took the liberty of making Ms. Uberfang's extra hot, her people are cold blooded and this is sure to take the dither out of her slither! Have a nice day!" Returning to Scab's side Cooky went back to playing soft instrumental music as he worked.

Tsarmina smiled up at the robot thanking him for thinking about her as she tried this strange drink Ms. Taylor seemed so keen on. Looking past the droid she saw Scab, the ship's actual cook, he was young like her, albeit a little rougher and in need of a good washing. But he was what human girls might call cute, she waved at him before moving back to Taylor's side

"Hi Scab!" Looking at her boss now. "So this is the type of coffee humans like?"

"I don't think many people drink it quite like this but I like it. By far better than those that drink it black." Taylor said, pausing as she thought Mina wasn't human and might not know what that meant, "With nothing in it. Coffee itself is very bitter that's why you have to sweeten it up a bit. Or in my case alot." She took a sip of the sugary drink closing her eyes and savoring the taste. It was perfect, she hadn't had coffee this good since she was on the asteroid station and only after she had reprogrammed their cooking droid. Russians tend to drink more tea than coffee and it is usually Turkish which is very thick and bitter. Taylor didn't care for it at all and was shocked that the droid wasn't programmed to make other coffee drinks. It was nice to see that the Blackstar had a good droid. She looked past the droid to their new cook, she hadn't really met him yet but he seemed very rough on the edges. He looked like he worked in the engine room rather than the kitchen with grime on his face and messy hair. Taylor looked over to him and nodded before turning back to Mina. "So what do we have on the agenda today?"

Mina nodded slowly taking a tentative sip of her own beverage. For a second the wall of sweetness hit her mouth and made her teeth clench, if humans needs this much sweetness to wake up why not just inject themselves with liquid sugar. Not wanting to be rude though, she took another much smaller sip letting her forked tongue taste it first before drinking it down. The second time wasn't as bad so she kept taking small tastes beginning to enjoy the concoction.

"Hmm this is good, though a bit sweet for me. If you like this I can probably order some sugar gliders for you to eat. They're a Tsok delicacy, sweet and gooey weather eaten raw or cooked. She took one more sip before she pulled up her wrist computer opening her calendar which was decorated with bright colors and a couple of chibi rainbow serpents. "Captain Dar-Jeela and Quartermaster Xantos want all the support teams to go through the ship and the ship's systems with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything is ready for launch. Doctor Jaleni and Medbot are supposed to go through the ship's medical supplies, Mr. Geppetto is already checking through the ship's engines and stuff, and we are supposed to head to the ship's bridge and scan the Black Star's systems and processors for bugs." She turned her wrist to show Taylor her scribbly little notes for the day.

She didn't know what sugar gliders were or even what Tsok ate but the thought of eating something raw unsettled her. She had eaten some pretty unique dishes with the Russians so she had her share of strange foods. Then on the prison station they weren't exactly known for their culinary expertise, the prisoners ate a sort of protein paste that had all the required nutrients and absolutely no flavor. "I might take you up on that someday but only if it is cooked. Some humans will eat raw food but not this girl. I'll take my steak medium well thank you." Taylor said, with a smirk. Since escaping from prison the second time Taylor was glad to be able to eat normal food and a few times had even gone to gourmet restaurants just to tickle her taste buds. She was curious to see what Scab and Cooky would come up with when they were aboard the ship. She hoped they had normal meal services and not just rations though with a actual cook aboard she didn't think that it was likely they would eat rations.

Taylor looked at the wrist computer trying to read Mina's notes at first thinking they were written in a different language. She quickly ran a translation program through her ocular implant to translate the Tsok writing but it came back with no results. Cocking her head to the side she leaned in closer seeing that the hand writing was bad. Not quite as bad as her own but different. Taylor usually didn't write things down preferring to use electronic transmissions instead. It was especially easy with the implant since she mostly had to think whatever it was then mentally hit save or send. She gave up on trying to read the notes thinking eventually she would get used to the Tsok's handwriting and for now just took her word. "Okay lead on." Taylor said, she had been to the ship a few times but never from the mess hall and didn't quite know how to get there from here. It would be embarrassing to take Mina back to her room then to the ship especially if it wasn't on the way.

Mina finished her drink in a one gulp then uncoiled herself feeling a sudden rush of energy flow down her coils making her tail rattle gently.

"Hmm wow, I like that sensation. Like diving into the ice flows of Tsokoko, exhilaration!" The teenager shivered and pulled up her map of the Hangar. Right this way Ms. Taylor, think Mr. Geppetto will be there? He always seems so sad whenever I see him, so I try to tell him a joke to make him laugh. Sadly I'm not real good at it. Oo maybe you can tell him a joke?" The girl chirped before slithering towards the ship's hangar.

In the week she had been here Taylor hadn't had a chance to meet Anders or as he was known on the ship as Geppetto. In truth she hadn't actually met many of the people on the ship. Mostly she had been keeping to herself, learning the layout of the hanger and the systems of the ship. That was fine with her, she wasn't used to hanging out in large crowds. Most of her life she had been by herself first in school, then when she was working with the mafia and in prison. Since getting out she had avoided her old contacts dropping off the radar so as to not get caught again.

She looked to Mina amazed that she had just drank the whole thing hoping the girl wouldn't be bouncing off the walls in about 20 minutes. Taylor was able to drink the whole thing down without getting wired but had a feeling Mina wasn't as used to the caffeine and sugar, time would tell how it affected her. As they walked Taylor sipped on her drink enjoying it slowly instead of downing. "I can't really say I know many jokes."

Mina frowned lightly guiding the cyborg to the hangar and using her wrist computer to activate the ship's power making the Black Star come to live with a quiet yet chest rumbling boom. "Oh that's unfortunate, maybe there's something else you can do to make him smile? He's fifty years old, but being a cyborg I hear he's got the body of a young man. Are you considered attractive by human standards?" She realizes what she just asked and tries to recover. "I mean... I think you're quite pretty, which should say a lot since Tsok are known for beauty and things, but I don't know human males so well." The young girl continues to try and dig out of the hole she just dropped herself. "I mean as a human woman I'm sure you know the males of your species well." I don't mean "well" in a bad way, just...are you experienced in making human men smile?" And she has dug in too deep, time to bail out. "Maybe we should get to work." She gives a hissing sigh her pale scales reddening some.

Hearing her assistant stumble all over herself Taylor couldn't help but smirk at the sight. The girl kept rambling on and digging herself deeper. Taylor wasn't unfamiliar with love, she had been with a few people, despite looking like a teenager Taylor was in fact a grown woman. Her smirk turned a little wicked as she stepped closer to Mina deciding to play with the girl a little. "I've gotten to know a few men very well and consider myself quite versed in what is considered attractive by human standards but..." She said, trailing off as she reached toward Mina and tucked one of her turquoise tendrils behind her ear. Her hand lightly caressed Mina's cheek as she leaned in close and whispered in a sultry voice, "Sometimes I find men to be too rough and coarse. You know lacking that soft silky feminine appeal that can be oh so pleasant."

By the time Taylor was done talking her lips were so close to Mina she could feel her breathe on her ear. Taylor gently blew on her ear then stepped away taking a drink of her coffee as she looked at the ship powering up. She wasn't totally looking at the ship but rather the display that had appeared on her ocular implant. After being hired she had been given a login and a password to remote access the ship allowing her some access to the systems. While it was nice to have the login it wasn't totally necessary to have given enough time Taylor figured she would be able to crack the security. Actually during her downtime she had been doing just that, trying to break the encryption on the ship so she could go back in later and patch any holes in the security. Remote accessing the ship only gave her a limited amount of control over the systems to do anything major she would either have to be at a console on the ship or physically jack into the system.

Mina turned an even brighter shade of red as Taylor teased her her voice was a shaky titter and she instinctively coiled up almost hiding in them as the woman caressed her cheek and blew in her ear. "Heh...heh...heh o-o-ok." Was all she could say without completely hiding in her coils she was red from the cheeks down and her hands shook as she tried to bring up the files and systems they needed to check. It took a few seconds for the girl to regain enough control over herself to consider this lesson learned, don't talk to Ms. Taylor about her love life.

"S....so I...I...think we should check the security systems first. The former Engineering team Kat and Duke had upgrades and customized them from the ground up. And the ship's V.I. was upgraded to a full A.I. after the Light of Heaven incident. Her name is Warsong and I was told she's quite hackproof, but Captain Dar still wants us to look her over. Do...do you wanna start there Ms. Taylor?" A.Is were above Tsarmina's particular skill level so she hoped Taylor knew what to do.

Mina's reaction to her flirting was something else. She turned bright red and coiled up on herself seeming to take a few moments to compose herself. Mina struggled a little bit to get back on track but once she started talking about the system she seemed to get it together. Taylor almost confessed to Mina that she was just playing around but for some unknown reason she decided not to and to let the charade go a little longer. She had a feeling it would be easy to fluster Mina.

"Nothing is hackproof if you have the right hacker." Taylor said, looking through the systems. He had a few run ins with the A.I. when she was probing the system for any cracks. The little she had dealt with Warsong she had gotten the feeling that the A.I. didn't very much like her. Already Taylor had found a few backdoors in the software that she had made note to close and lock. Fortunately they were difficult to find and the average hacker couldn't find them, so she planned on fixing them later. "Activate the A.I. let's take a look at it."

Mina nodded and pressed a button on her wrist comp in the shape of a woman. It sent a pulse out kind of ringing the ship's doorbell. A few seconds later Warsong materialized, she was in the shape of a human woman, but nearly 6 feet tall and covered in what looked like pulsing electric clothing. Her skin is pale blue and her hair looks more like bottled lightning. All and all she was an impressive sight.

Her form solidified and she crossed her arms over her D-cup sized chest staring at the two females her eyes resting on and narrow on Taylor.

"Ah Miss kitty cat, gave up trying to force your way into my systems and just decided to ask?"

"You're just upset that I got in." Taylor said, looking over the A.I.'s projection not really liking being called kitty cat. That was something the Pakhan had called her and how her nick name came to be. The man may have been a ruthless killer but he was always kind to her and had almost taken on the role of a father figure. Bringing her mind back to the present she took another looked at Warsong. She had interacted several times before with the A.I. but this was the first time she had seen her projection. She should have known by the sound of the voice that the A.I. had chosen this form, or perhaps her creator had. Taylor did have to wonder if the A.I. had adjusted her height since she stood almost a whole foot taller than her. "Twice. I'm just making sure no bad boys can sneak into your room at night. You know like a concerned parent." Taylor said.

She wasn't a fan of A.I. or rather most A.I. weren't a fan of her. Probably had something to do with Taylor liking to poke around in their systems trying to see how they tick. For some reason most A.I. took offense to that. Some people saw them as conscious entities, with their own thoughts and feelings, while that was mostly true Taylor couldn't help but see them as computer code. When you broke everything down they were nothing more than ones and zeros. She generally was nice to them but still saw them as a program. Most of her life had been spent weaving in and out of programs she sometimes did forget that they had thoughts and feelings. "Warsong I need you to run a full system diagnostic. Warsong, that doesn't quite fit you. I don't know why just isn't vibing for me. Mind if I call you Melody?" Taylor said, thinking two could play the nickname game.

Mina wisely slithered back doing the smaller systems checks while Taylor and Warsong squared off. Tsarmina didn't think pissing off the living embodiment of the ship that you plan to take into deep space and do a planet rush was a good idea. But maybe that's why she was just the Assistant.

Warsong scoffed lightly stooping down a little looking Taylor in the eye. "Yes concerned parent that sneaks into my room anyway. And no Ms. Kitty you may not call me Melody, former Captain Dar-Togga gave it to me and he's quite protective of his investments." The sparking woman smirked gently and even managed to look smug about it. I can run the diagnostics easily enough." Her body dimmed slightly and she seemed to look up as is remembering something. It would take her a few seconds to do the full check. Mina slithered up to Taylor whispering to her boss gently. "Ms Taylor do you think it wise to tease Warsong? She may not have the Gunner Killbot at her beck and call anymore, but she's still in control of like life support and lights for this whole mission."

Taylor chuckled at the A.I. who she thought was indeed acting like a teenager. As the A.I. went through her scans Taylor pulled up a display of the code, watching it scroll by as the diagnostic ran. The code was moving far to fast for her to fully read it but she had to admit it was quite impressive, whoever had programmed was very skilled. When Mina came back over to her she continued looking at the code but nodded to her assistant. I'm not worried, when dealing with A.I. it's like working with a wild animal, you have to have a little dominance battle. Really it boils down to us both puffing our chests a bit then coming to an understanding. Besides most A.I. have safety protocols that prevent them from harming the occupants of the ship. But if you are really worried just make sure that you are always on the ship at the same time as Captain, looks like the ship may be fond of her like she is her father."

The display on her implant showed that the A.I. was nearly done with the scan and she wondered if the A.I. was powerful enough to have been running the scan, the other functions of the ship and eavesdrop on their conversation. Taylor had a feeling she was just based on the code she had read.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

That one Reaper Guy
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

June had been sitting in her work station for about twenty minutes before becoming excessively bored and hungry. She tapped the keys on her keypad for a moment, saving and locking her progress from intrusion. She made her way to the dining hall, having the small Labor Bot grab her a premade sandwich from the fridge.

She tore into it, getting halfway through it before she walked out of the room, and crossed the room where Taylor and Mina were working on ship things, but was interested in seeing Taylor looking inquisitively at the ship's AI.

June hadn't had much time to acquaint herself with most of the ship's crew much, and she had been wanting to properly meet Taylor Kisa. June knew a bit about her backstory, but only what she could get her hands on in terms of computer information. And if what she read on Taylor, she wanted her file like that and MADE it look like it did. It fascinated June.

"You know, Sam told me the ship had a V.I, but not an AI. Did you do that?" June asked Taylor, walking over to the console.

Taylor had gotten lost in thought again looking through the results of Warsong's scan on the display from her implant noticing that everything seemed in order. To anyone looking at her it would seem she was just staring toward the A.I. and the ship with her being the only one able to see the display. The only thing she really noticed was several logs of intrusion detection which she knew had been her attempts and the two times she had actually gained entry into the system. She hadn't been paying much attention to the people coming and going from the ship, since there were so many working on getting the ship ready to go. She looked over when she realized someone other than Mina had spoken to her. "Huh? Oh sorry. No this braty teenager of an A.I. isn't my work." She said, smiling to June as she took a drink of her coffee noticing it was empty and setting it down next to her.

"Bratty? Didn't know an AI could be bratty." June took another bite of her sandwich, before extending a hand.

"I'm June Holvinian. I've been meaning to meet you since I got on the ship."

"Oh yeah they can be. I don't think Melody here likes me very much." Taylor said, taking June's hand and shaking it. June Holvinian, Taylor had looked over her file while she had been in the Hanger. She had looked over the files of most of the key members of the ship.

"My name is Warsong, Miss Kitty Cat." The A.I. huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"And my name isn't Kitty Cat." Taylor said, letting go of June's hand. "Run a defrag."

"I ran a defrag seventeen hours ago." Warsong said. "Kitty cat."

"So? Run it again. The grown ups are talking." Taylor said to the A.I. then turned her attention back to June. Warsong huffed again then looked up running the programs. "Sorry about that. Like I said, moody teenager."

June couldn't help but laugh at the conversation between Taylor and Warsong.

"This reminds me of mine and Sam's son. He was quite the handful when he was at the brooding teenager phase of life. Metias and Sam butted heads so much, I had to call both boys down!"

"You know, come to think of it, what seemed to work on Metias was me just indulging him every once in a while. If he was being especially broody I'd let him blast his God awful music or what have you. Maybe that would work on her?"

"Perhaps." Taylor said, looking over to the A.I. again realizing if she stayed with the Blackstar Privateers she would have to come to some sort of agreement with the A.I. This seemed like a good opportunity for to find her place since leaving the mafia. Warsong would take a while to run the defrag and Mina seemed to have the other checks under control so Taylor thought this might be a good time to get to know some of the other crew. "So how did you come about being a Privateer?" Taylor asked.

"Well, Metias, my son, wanted to see the universe, so Sam and I used most of our funds to help with that. I then spent the rest of it on making sure he'd be safe. There was no way in hell I was going to send my son out into the world without making sure he'd be safe from anything thrown at him."

"So when we realized we had about seven dollars to our name, we kind of had to resort back to a life of less than legal ventures. Since Sam was a part of the first Privateer Crew, he had connections with the captain's father, and soon enough, Sam and I signed contracts, and were thrown onto the ship. What about you? How'd you end up working for a bunch of mercenaries and rapscallions?"

"It's been a while since I had steady work." Taylor said, trying to think of a way that didn't say too much about her past. While she was sure there were many others on the ship that had unsavory pasts she didn't really want to put it out there that she was a fugitive. As much as she wanted to trust her new crew mates she was worried that someone would want to cash in the bounty on her head. That was part of the reason she had dropped the Sullivan from her name. If anyone did a web search for Taylor Kisa they wouldn't come up with much. Now if they were to search Taylor Sullivan they would be linked to a number of news articles, both her trials and escapes had received much media attention. The news articles then would lead them to the reward for information assisting in her capture.

"I have a record so it is hard to find work." Taylor said, deciding to use the ex-con excuse. It wasn't entirely a lie she was in fact incarcerated, just ignore the bit about serving her time. "A privateering vessel doesn't really care much about that sort of thing, unlike other businesses."

"I see..." June said, nodding her head. She could tell that Taylor was hiding something, but she couldn't figure out what, and it made June all the more interested in figuring out who this girl was. If it took her months, she'd figure it out eventually. She wasn't in charge of intelligence for nothing.

"Oh, right! I meant to ask, could you do me a favor, and take a look at my compu-bracelet? The tech is going all haywire, and I'm not sure if it's the software or if the tech is getting worn out from all the use. Or it could be knife... Anyhoo, it was a pleasure meeting you, and I do hope to talk more with you. Good luck with Warsong!" June handed her right compu-bracelet to Taylor, and waved goodbye to her and Mina, whom had been quietly working away the whole time.

She waved goodbye to June looking at the compu-bracelet that had been thrust into her hand. June seemed to buy her excuse as to why she had joined the crew but being a intelligence officer she didn't quite buy that June would just leave it there. She would have to keep a close eye on her. Thankfully Taylor had set up a couple hacks on the Federal Criminal database to send her alerts if anyone researched Taylor Sullivan and she would know if anyone was getting close. Sort of a way to give her a head start if she needed to run again. In the year or so she had been on the run she had gotten a few alerts mostly from agents working her case. They had been more frequent in the beginning but had died down in recent months as what leads the investigators had ran cold.

Drawing her attention back to June's compu-bracelet Taylor thought it had seen better days. The outside housing had a number of dents and scratches on it making her wonder what June meant when she mentioned a knife. She shrugged and stuck it in her pocket to look at later when she had some downtime, hoping the innards were in better condition than the housing. She might just be able to resort it if they were. Turning back to the A.I. she noticed Warsong had finished the defrag program. "All done Warsong?" Taylor asked thinking of June's suggestion to indulge the A.I. She supposed being called Kitty cat wasn't so bad as long as it didn't catch on with the rest of the crew.
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Default Co-Post with Siks

Excuse me Doctor Jaleni, but we need to do the last check on medical supplies before we get up to muster.

Vasha had rolled over to face her room's doorway even before the bulky, copper robot had reached it, hearing the heavy clunking of his footsteps down the hall. She slowly sat up in her bed and waved nonchalantly at her mechanical assistant. "I'll be right with you, M-B," she replied, her voice still groggy from sleep. As the Medbot clanked away, Vasha's eyes roamed around her bedroom.

Even now, a little over a year since she joined the crew of the Black Star, she was still in awe of how much better it was than her previous jobs. An actual room to herself- no need to share it with a smelly mercenary. Not to mention the fully stocked infirmary and Captain who actually seemed to care about the well-being of her crew. Vasha yawned and climbed out of bed, checking the clock on her bedside table. Not like I'm not used to early rising, she thought absently as she got dressed for another day of work. I wonder what sort of mission the captain has for us this time... Hopefully it has less bleeding than usual.

Rubbing the last hints of sleep out of her eyes, Vasha exited her bunk and rode the elevator down to the medical bay. When she stepped into her pristine infirmary, every surface a sparkling white, she smiled. The doctor always felt at home in the infirmary, fixing someone up.

With this entire process being old hat for Medbot he began running the checks before the good Doctor was out of her room. Preferably, he'd have let the woman sleep until almost muster and done the whole thing himself , but the Captain and Quartermaster required Doctor Jaleni's signature on the manifest before they could be cleared for launch. Already plugged into the access port MB began organizing the meds by use and expiration date. He noted the elevator's arrival and nodded to the Korathian female as she exited.
    "Good morning Doctor Jaleni, I take it you got sufficient beauty sleep? It certainly looks like it." Medbot might as well keep her from getting in a bad mood with compliments.

"You flatter me, Medbot," Vasha replied, rolling her eyes. "Now, where were those herbs I ordered... Ah, there we are." She sifted through a cabinet, making a mental inventory of the stock. Though she did have a more scientific section of her supply, Vasha made an effort to include as many forms of medicine in her practice as possible. Another good thing about working outside the law: there are a lot of treatments you can get your hands on that aren't exactly "legal".

"I believe these were the only new additions," she told her robotic assistant as she wrote down the contents of the cabinet. "You can go ahead and add these to the list."

The Medical bot hmmed softly adding the herbs to the list. He never believed in the healing power of most "natural cures" The Scientific data on them was spotty and often from unreliable sources.
    "Maybe so, but I will keep plenty of the real medicine in stock for when your "magical" plants don't work Doctor. How in the world did you convince the shark lady and ratman to let you buy those?" He asked checking off the list some more.

Vasha sighed. "They're not magical, Mister Cynicism," she replied, thinking MB was quite sarcastic for a robot. "There's no harm in having as many different types of treatments as possible. Just in case someone's allergic to one of those 'scientific' ones. Who knows, maybe that little plant there cures lupus."

The doctor took out a stylus from her coat pocket and clicked it. "I'm ready to sign, my good assistant," Vasha told Medbot. She often enjoyed mocking the fact that she was his superior, despite the robot's significant intelligence.

Medbot made an annoyed whirring sound.
    "And if it does be sure to jump on your rainbow defecating unicorn and ride it right to the Galactic Alliance Science division with the proof." He retorted to the Doctor and sent the form to the woman's PDA at her belt. "I've marked the lines you need to sign madame, just to be nice."

"Mhm," she mumbled, bringing up the display on her tablet and quickly skimming the form over. She pressed the pen to the electronic surface and scrawled out her name on the dotted lines. Though she had been practicing a more neat, English-looking signature, it still came out mostly as a scribbled mess. Luckily, she had heard that many human doctors signed their name this way, so she hoped nobody would mind.

"There," she said, transferring the newly-signed document back to her assisstant. "That should be all for now, yes?" Not that Vasha had anything else to do at the moment, she simply wanted to get all the boring stuff out of the way.

Medbot nodded saving the forms and sending them to Xantos's office.
    "Indeed Doctor, you are free to do whatever it is you Organics do in the morning. Just don't forget the contraceptives." With that last remark said in a tone he assumed was joking the robot went to see the Hangar Mechanics for some spare parts should he need them.

Vasha opened her mouth to reply, but decided against it. She chuckled to herself as she strolled out of the infirmary, hoping to get some free time before the next mission. Perhaps she could play a game, or hit the gym. Another great thing about working for a privateering business that was actually good at its job.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Xanatos had been up since 3. As busy as the Captain was the Quartermaster was more so. He had to ensure the base would continue functioning in his absence; He had to make sure all the proper palms were greased; He even had created duplicates of the forms Jeela had to fill out, just in case. Unlike the Captain however, this is not the Rodentian's first rodeo. He had templates for many of the forms he had to fill out made years ago.

He had actually finished about twenty minutes before Jeela knocked at his door. He had spent the time frowning at a monitor over a nice brandy. At the captain's knock the quartermaster slid his hand along the bottom of his desk and keyed the door lock, he hit another button and the door slid open. "Of course, come in. Would you like something to drink?" He asked, already reaching for the vodka.

Dar-Jeela entered the smaller alien's office shaking her head gently showing him her still half-full mug of seal blood.
    "I am thanking you for the offer Uncle Zan, but I am still having this mug of seal blood to be drinking. Besides, I am not wishing to be running the risk of getting drunk before launch." She seated herself on the small sofa in Xan's office letting out a toothy yawn again. She was tired, but still so nervous, at least she could try to keep her mind on business. "So I am taking it you have been up for awhile da? Are we being good to go?"

"Of course." Xanatos responded, answering both questions at once. "I'm going to move that bench outside my office though." He stated glancing towards the monitor.

He turned his eyes back to the captain a d steeples his fingers on his desk. "Somehow I doubt you swung by to ask if I was done. What's on your mind plemyannitza?

Placing her mug down on the coffee table before the couch Jeela nodded sadly taking a deep sighing breath."Da dyadya, I am being so nervous. I am not used to being in charge of something this big. My stomach is being in knots for days now, what if I am making mistake on choosing this planet rush to be joining? What if I should be waiting to be having more experience under my belt before doing this? What if I am getting my ahtyehts's crew killed and be destroying the ship? The woman let out another sigh dropping her head into her clawed hands.

"What if the sun burns out tomorrow?" The rodentian asked with a smirk. "Being nervous is perfectly understandable. You don't have the experience to be overly confident. There is only one way to get that confidence. Go out and do it. However;" The quartermaster pointed at the young captain, "As soon as you call yourself Captain, and take charge of a ship it becomes YOUR ship and crew. You need to remember that, otherwise you're gonna question every choice you make."

Jeela nodded, but as right as her Uncle was it didn't put down the knots any.
    "You are being right Uncle Xan, but that is being almost worse. Everyone is being relying on me now, father was never being like this. He was leaving house with smile and singing to himself, and even after coming back with half crew and being torn up himself he was still smiling and humming. I am just wishing I could be knowing how he was doing it. I am feeling once the launch is done and we are being in space things will be easier. But...I am not ready, I think."

"If he wasn't smiling and singing would your mother have let him leave the house?" Xan asked with a shrug. "The concept of faking it till you make it seems to be popular among those in this line of business. Personally, I am more of a..." He raised his glass and downed what was left. "I embrace the classic approach. I can't tell you what approach to make, but you need to make one before we start or you'll risk shaking up the crew."

Jeela hmmed lightly lifting her mug of blood and sipping it deeply.
    "No she probably would not have, mother is being one of the few people who is being able to stop father. I am guessing that is making sense, father was always being good at acting. I can be trying the faking it or making it approach. Maybe things will be getting better when I am having a full night of sleep. I am thanking you dyadya." A chime began playing on the intercom in Xantos's office, a package was arriving from somewhere in deep space. Quirking her eyebrow, Jeela stood up peering out the window of the Rodentian's office at the transporter pad. "Are expecting a delivery?" Soon a very festively wrapped crate appeared in the center of the pad. "Or are missing holiday?"

The quartermaster raised an eyebrow at the package. "It's always a holiday somewhere. I wasn't expecting anything like that. Whose it for?" Xan closed his hand around his pistols grip, drawing his weapon from its holster under the desk.

Jeela hadn't grabbed her pistols before leaving her room, but with a flick of her wrists her arms loosened up and she made ready to beat the hell outta whatever came out of the crate. Approaching the box she crouched down and studied the holotag.

To: Captain Dar.
    From Shinkei

"It is being from the old Mechanic Shinkei." She reached over and pressed the receive button allowing whatever was in the box to turn on. The box thumped and hummed ominously before the lid flew off with some rather loud fanfare. A rather large ball of packing shells littered the air as something rose from the crate before shedding outwards, revealing the floating eye bot. A light whirring noise as the sphere shifted and rolled around in the air shortly before giving a rather unimpressive beep.

"Greetings and Salutations! At the behest of the great Shinkei, I present..." The orb began before the scan was completely done, slightly stunned by the new Sharterran bearing the captain jacket. One could hear the gears and processors before floating close to the female shark.

"You are not the Captain Dar. Are you... A concubine of his?" The droid bot asked the female while tilting to the side as it continued to study the new person. Before waiting to receive an answer, the orb floated over to the Quartermaster and gave a series of pleased chirps.

"Ah, quartermaster Xanatos! It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Self Gravitational Replica Beta 48, and I am to be a gift for Captain Dar. Can you please direct me to the captain? I wish to make my presence known soon, unless he is still indisposed from recent activities with his lady of the night. I surmise he was celebrating his next deployment?" The bot asked, lightly chirping as it swayed back and forth cheerfully.

"I would be happy to direct you that way if you survive." The Rodentian said with a smirk, trying to decide what to call the mouthful of a name.

Jeela at first resisted her sudden urge to sucker punch the small eyebot across the room, but as the little thing called her a concubine of her father that urge came back. Nerves were replaced by annoyance and she pointed a claw at her Uncle giving a single growl.
    "Not a single word from you." She picked up a large wrench from a nearby bench and grabbed the little robot thunking sharply on the dome. "Da, this is being a bomb, Xanatos quick be giving me an arc welder I must disarm it." She drummed the little robot with a wrench a few more times. She may have to slap Shenki the next time the small human comes to visit.

"Yes, let's disarm explosives with fire." The quartermasters voice dripped with sarcasm. "Perhaps you want to have our helm fly us into a volcano next?" As he spoke he walked around his desk to the Captain's side and gently grasped the wrench.

Turning his focus on the bot the quartermaster said. "Bot, what are your complete instructions? Whose orders are you to follow? "

"Please no volcano! I do not do well in lava" SGRB48 quipped with a worried tone in its voice. The wrench didn't hurt it per say, but it wasn't a pleasant feeling as she felt her internals shiver with vibrations. Not wanting to be assaulted anymore, the bot triggered it's holo disguise, now appearing as a small child now hanging from Dar-Jeela's hand. Other than the minor clipping around the class, the disguise was seamless. The eyes swiveled to face Xan as he began to ask his questions.

"My orders are to act as a scout under the command of the acting captain of the Black Star Privateers. If not possible, I am to find and follow the orders of you, the Quartermaster." SGRB48 responded before her eyes flashed back to Dar-Jeela, still a bit nervous even with the wrench being held at bay.

Jeela shook her hand watching the holochild sway back and forth.
    "Well I am being Dar-Togga's daughter and the new Captain, lucky for you we are being in need of Scout. Rooster is going to be having fun with you robot. Xantos where is that lump being? Rivet was saying he was arriving not too long ago, but I have not been seeing him."

"Knowing him," The quartermaster began, "He will probably be in his rack until immediately before departure; If then."

Xan shrugged, and turned his attention to the holographic child. "After you apologize to the Captain, we should go over how you're ​to be paid. No doubt Shin sent me some information.

"If there was nothing else Captain, I'm sure you'd like to make sure everything is ready on the bridge?" Xanatos said attempting to be discreet.

"You have a rooster as a team member? Is he used to make fresh eggs?" SGRB48 chirped inquisitively​. The thought of a massive chicken was rather humerous and a sight it needed to see. Completely overlooking the fact of the moment that Dar-Jeela was the captain, the talk of payment activated the protocol stored when the money grubby quartermaster mentioned it.

"Shinkei has given orders to set up a deal for both my protection and my service. 60 percent is to given to the two of you for my protection. 35 is to be sent to Shinkei for my services rendered. The remaining five percent will be given to me for any needs I may." SGRB48 chirped out cheerily, the hologram rotating to face Xantos.

"Oh! Also, I am sorry for calling you a concubine, Captain Dar-Jeela. It seems that my databanks are a bit out of date." SGRB48 quickly responded to Jeela.

Jeela nodded to the new Scout after putting it back on the ground.
    "You are being forgiven robot." She put the big wrench back on the workbench and looked down at her wrist com. Launch time was getting closer and there was a few thing she needed to get sorted on the Bridge. She would let Xan sort through the little Scout's payment plan. "Da, Quartermaster, there are being a few things to be handling. I will be letting you set up Sugarbaby's payment plan and be getting it on the crew manifest. I am needing to get Warsong ready to being our Navigator since we are being minus one. Do'svidaniya" She nodded to the two of them and turned on her heel before walking towards the ship checking the status updates for everyone's morning tasks.

The quartermaster nodded back to the captain, "Ciao." He said as she left. The rodentian then turned his attention to the Droid.

Steepling his fingers he narrowed his eyes at the holographic child. "So... Sugar... Baby," Xan stated after a moment of considering the bots designation. "Did Shin set an account up for you?"

"Yes, Shinkei set up the accounts for you to use for the financial needs." Sugar Baby chirped out, eyes following the captain slowly. Once the captain was aboard the ship, Sugar Baby linked into the ship and into the com system before ending the account info to Xan. Once the links were sent off, the bot excuse itself to explore the ship and find a place to call her own.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Anything that lets me smash stuff.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Co-Op Post with Black...

The sound of servos whirring softly commingled with the sound of cooling vents gently pushing out luke-warm air. X-1 was in a seated position atop of a 4 foot tall metal crate grav-locked to the ground containing ammunition. X-1 was in a hibernative state. Resting next to the mechanical creation was the standard-issue massive-ass riot-shield the Model DR-13 RCM’s carried, unadorned metal shaped in a rectangle with a central ridge down the middle to give it a heavy slope and pitch black and about 7 feet tall, 3 and a half feet wide and around half an inch thick, the thing must’ve weighed around 750 pounds.

Initiate Bootup . . .
    Accessing Functions . . .
    Arranging Neural Net . . .
    Searching for Wifi . . .
    Searching for Armament . . .
    Searching for Armament Sub Routine Connections . . .
    Updating Interface . . .
    Updating Firmware. . .
    Processing System Information . . .
    Organizing System Tray . . .
    Establishing Neural Contact With Model DR-13 Riot Control Mek
    Running System Diagnostics . . .
    Psychoschematic Integrity. . . 100%
    Power =/= 100%
    Armor Integrity 100%
    Hydraulics Operational
    Mk. 19 Infrared suite Operational
    Model 1445V Riot Control Variable Purpose Canon. . . Error, Please load Ammunition
    Bypassing . . .
    Neural Link . . . Operational
    Audio Input/Output . . . Operational
    Diagnostics Complete
    Bootup Initialized, BIOS startup approximately .013 seconds.

“Greetings Commander, I am X-1RZA-19T4, my friends may call me Rezza, my Colleagues may call me X-1 until they are classified as ‘Friends’” X-1’s voice was deep and warm, as if perpetually pleased and curious at the same time. “I shall assume you wish to get to know me, or at the very least my armament and abilities, so you can fit me into your gunnery crew according to your individual specifications for what makes a gunnery crew great?

I shall, of course, defer to this preference Commander Carcano, as even with my robotic advantages you have decades of war experience whereas I am literally just beginning my career. May I have your permission to bypass any security protocols in the way of my education in regards to the classified information of your career as a Death Trooper on the system of Lancaar? I wish to study your military history and ascertain any lessons on warfare that can be learned. I shall, of course, stay away from your private life as that is not my business and does not interest me in the slightest,” X-1 paused thoughtful for a second “For right now, at any rate,” he added belatedly, as if realising what he had said could be taken as rude.

Carcano stood in front of it, studying readouts as they came on his tablets from the robot. All systems at optimal parameters. A well put together machine indeed.

“Permission granted, X-1. Access files pertaining to my office within Lancaar’s 345th District Precinct, Riot Response Division. This should provide enough of a profile to how I operated.” Carcano said, already typing away at his tablet to grant all the necessary information to the combat machine. He was intrigued by X-1. A learning robot that could learn more than just tactics, never had the old Death Trooper heard of, or even fought, anything like X-1RZA-19T. Suffice to say, Carcano was glad the Captain got this war machine for the Gunner crew. A hammer was not a hammer without something weighty to crush things.

“I must say, X-1. Your body is quite impressive, and from what I am told your ‘modular’ brain can be installed into any interface. Care to elaborate on that?”

“Certainly Commander. The X-1RZA-19T4 actually refers to the model type of this Artifical Psychoschematic Brain, and I am one of a kind due to the efforts of my father, Dr Hanz Hessler. Before the crew of this ship extricated me from the research facility my father deleted every known instance of the X-1RZA-19T4 prototype brain. The only known way to reproduce this particular APS is to crack open my head, so to speak, and extract the information from my own mind. Or Dr. Hessler's I suppose.

Due to this there is nothing else like me on the market. The entire package is simply my brain, which is designed to process and handle information similar to the way you humans do, giving me creativity in function.

Essentially if we come across a Mek that the captain or yourself deems to be more suited to our mission than the current model, you’ll simply crack open the housing of this DR-13 and pull out the 100 pound brain inside. Make sure to carefully extract the neural uplink, as if that is damaged you’ll need to have it repaired before I can take control of anything. The only thing I can’t really be placed in without custom modification on our part are smaller droids, due to the size of my brain package,”

The X-1 caused the DR-13 to stand and then kneel in front of the Commander, lowering it’s head to about his eyesight level. The machine’s servo’s whirred softly and then the head opened up at the top, revealing a ovaloid package with a cord as thick as a wrist connecting the brain to the rest of the droid. “It is relatively simple to remove me from the housing. The Neural Uplink has a connector that you press down before pulling on the cord to eject it from it’s housing. The neural uplink is the only weakness you need to worry about when handling my brain. Everything important is hidden underneath a superdense titanium-carbon composite armor that can withstand even a shaped charge. Dropping me in adverse conditions, deflecting a laser or a bullet with my brain, while not preferred, are acceptable means of getting me to my new body. Once in that body you simply need hold the neural uplink up to a similar attachment. I am equipped with a multi-adaptive neural uplink that can adapt its endings to fit 98.98% of known attachments but i can modify that on the fly, as you humans say, so that even the 1.02% of unknown attachments shouldn’t cause much more than 5-6 minutes of exploration before I can configure a successful neural uplink. From there it is simply a matter of either already having the combat information uploaded, or downloading it from any available sources and i’ll become fully operational.

The only true limitations I have are the size of my armored brain package and the available processing power. I would not be able to just hook up to an interstellar vessel and fly it immediately unless I could access external processing power. I could hook up to a fighter or transport and fly us that way, probably without needing to leave my armor,” X-1 held up his grasper and a smaller version of the neural-uplink cord popped out of the palm. “It is a slower connection but will still allow me a faster reaction than most,”

The thought of X-1 being one of a kind cemented as the robot explained his entire origin and abilities. Truly, Carcano never seen a robot like him and he realized the kind of asset the machine will be to the Back Stars. A force multiplier onto itself; tough, precise, deadly, and best of all, clever.

If only I had few hundred of you during the Revolution…

“Very interesting, X-1, and informative. You’ll no doubt prove useful in the days to come.” The armor clad mercenary said, peering into the ovaloid case housing the vital mechanism that moved the massive war machine.

“Hm. As of right now, your current loadout is suitable for the mission at hand. Though we should look into searching for more weapons for the DR-13 you’re controlling. As you already know, X-1, adaptability is key.”

“Indeed it is Commander. I have learned this from my studies of ancient human military strategy as well as more recent conquests undertaken by the various governments of our day and age. Is there anything in specific you’d like to know about my armament, capabilities, or limitations Commander?” the DR-13 model closed its shell casing with a soft hiss as the inner chamber that contained the brain case sealed it up tight and pushed the air and moisture out, creating a tight vacuum.

The DR-13 stood to it’s full height of 8 foot 6 and lifted the shield next to it easily, holding it tight against his body like a legionnaire, the arm mounted cannon held aloft. “One business item I would like for us to do is to name our little unit of gunners and maybe come up with a sigil or coat of arms we can paint on my shield and body, it is awfully bleak just being just black and gunmetal grey.

Carcano raised an armored hand and gave the robot a vaguely dismissive wave. “Let’s not get too ahead, X-1, we have not yet met with the rest of our team before our first ever mission. Too early to decide on an emblem for our Unit. An emblem is something that is… earned. We’ll find our symbol in due time, until then we shall simply be the Gunner Unit of the Black Star Privateers.”

To recognize the importance of an emblem impressed Carcano again, the Death Trooper appreciated the machine’s sense of initiative.

“And as for your capabilities and limitations, I can guess what they are, but let me hear it from you. After all, you are controlling this chassis.”

“Very valid point Commander. An insignia is something earned by the unit for a notable future of one or more of its members. My limitation is my size, my weight, and my utility. My grasper is good only for lifting the shield and crushing other robotics or lifeforms. Delicate work is beyond its grasp, though I would be able to lift armored personnel such as yourself without crushing them.

This model of DR-13 is not prone to overheating or exploding, but harsh conditions in the high temperature range will be problematic, as it was not designed to cool temperatures in excess of 200 degrees celsius. Anything hotter than this will begin to negatively affect performance. I can easily handle the vacuum of space. Another, more vital, limitation is in direct relevance of my advantage. As you know, I can learn anything, the speed of which is only determined by my own considerable processing power and the download speed of our region. Inferring from this, if such a connection is not available, then my greatest advantage is negated entirely.

On an additional note, now that I think about it, it might be relevant to inform you that I am in fact an EOD Specialist. Nearly 84.5% of known methods for creating, arming, disarming, and dismantling explosives has been uploaded to my storage. This body is also ideal for disarming smaller bombs, as failure will result in only minimal damage to the chassis due to the sloped shape of the armor. With the uplink in my palm I can connect to or splice into most explosives and disarm them. Creating them will be a bit harder, as it would require a smaller chassis, which I will inquire the captain about. We might have a spare protocol droid we can hook my brain up to. Even if the chassis isn’t big enough to fit my brain we can create a longer, modified uplink to connect to and I can simply leave my brain in the middle of a room and use the body remotely to create anything we need.

Was there anything else Commander? If not, would you like me to accompany you to find the rest of our Unit?” The DR-13 lowered itself to a smaller 6’9 to allow it to walk comfortably through the shorter halls of the Black Star.
    “No, that will be all,” Carcano said, he set aside his tablet and turned around to leave their spot in the hangar, motioning for X-1 to follow.

“Come, X-1, let us assemble to the muster. We can meet with the rest of the unit there.”
    Hilariously derailing one-liner

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default And off we go.

Splat, Ninja, and Siks tri-op.

In the free an clear Rooster stowed his bag and gear in his bunk on the Black Star and had come to the decisions that he hadn't slept enough last night so he planned to lay down for a quick nap and maybe bypass all the annoying muster nonsense. He's heard enough Captain give their crews pep talks to already know what was going to be said. Stuff about bravery, science, money crap like that.

And he still remembered the dream he was having before his wife woke him maybe if he went to sleep quick he can go back to having it. He dimmed the lights in the Scout bay and had just made himself comfortable when his PDA began chirping like some evil cricket. At first he tried to ignore it, but the noise kept getting louder and louder until it reverberated throughout the metal bay. With a groan of annoyance he lifted the device and searched for the cause of his present annoyance. He found it in a reminder on his personal calendar, as Chief Scout he needed to inspect his underlings and make sure they were ready to go.

"Oh what the hell? Since when does being Chief mean I gotta babysit?" At least he only had two to worry about. Grumbling some more he got his boots on and went off in search of the crazy sexy robo chick and Hawk Girl as he has decided to call them. Robo chick was in the dorms, but he didn't know where Hawk Girl was maybe she was there too.

Rubbing his eyes the mutant shoved his hands into his pockets and headed for Garuda's room.

Garuda's mood brightened somewhat when she got back to her quarters, her little home away from home decorated with hanging bone fetishes and some small familial tapestry.

"Everyday must be started with you at peak performance. Just as mother always says~" Garuda chimed to herself merrily while putting on her bodysuit in front of the full body mirror she kept in the corner. With a snap of a switch, Garuda's suit sealed itself to her frame with not a single snag on its surface, just as designed. Now came the tricky part, the carapace harness and its dozens of segments, latches, and buckles. First the neck, then the torso, then the legs, and then finally the arms; the very task of making sure every piece of armor and buckle was it in place was a tedious task. But worth it for all the protection it gave her.

"This latch here goes to this snap here... And this buckle snaps to here... Oh bother this thing takes forever..."

Garuda grumbled along as her armor slowly came together, just knowing she would not be finished by the time muster came up. Not without help anyway, something she wished she had right about now.

Krahe, or "Hawk Girl" as the Scout chief was fond of calling her, sat up straight in her bed, her rifle laid across her lap. She did not know what a hawk was and she could only hope the moniker was a compliment. Currently however, this was not on her mind, as she took apart and reassembled her weapon for at least the tenth time this morning. The motions were muscle memory, yet Krahe found it calming. It was a sort of meditation for her, a way to clear her mind and focus.

Yet now, this ritual was interrupted by a buzzing on her comms pad. She glanced over at the small tablet, almost glaring at the notification. Almost rising time already? The Rak'sheba woman swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood, stretching her back. Her tail swished back and forth, relaxing itself. I suppose Rooster will be expecting my presence soon.

She opened the door of her dorm and peeked out, expecting an empty hallway, but was surprised to see the man she was looking for. The scout's chief looked like he was nearing the dorm of the mysterious metal woman (Krahe had forgotten her name).

"Greetings, Rooster," the sniper called out, waving a hand. "Anything is wrong?" The woman's grasp on the human's language was shaky, though she knew enough to communicate. The Rak'sheba tongue was not meant for such strange syllables, Krahe would say when the language confounded her.

The Chief was about to knock on Metal Chick's door contemplating if he should've gotten a cup of coffee or some kind of gut rotting energy drink before coming in this morning when he heard the soft swish of another dorm door opening then Hawk Girl was there. Still a little tired the mutant looked between Garuda's door and Karhe's.

Were they always this close to each other? He thought letting out a large yawn.

"Morning Hawk Girl, glad the Justice League of America let you join us for this trip. Hope you and Hawkman said your good byes we may be gone for awhile." He chuckled lightly turning back to Garuda's door knocking firmly. He knew the Rak'sheban didn't get the reference, but he did and he loved laughing at his own jokes. Rubbing his face slowly the man realized he forgot to shave this morning, ah well he was gonna be a Pioneer those guys have some epic beards. As he waited for Metal Chick to answer her door he played with the idea of what kind of beard he would grow.

A knock at the door just when Garuda was a quarter through with fastening her carapace.

"Ara, just a moment."

She went to the door and opened it, greeted with the cocky smile of her chief. "Ah, Mr. Chance. Good morning, is there something I can help you with?" She asked, surprised that her Scout Chief would come to her quarters personally. The mutant fascinated her, looking so much older than he actually is with his facial hair and experience. He could not have been any older than Garuda. He was full of so many jokes with more than half of those flying completely over her head.

I wonder what he means when he calls me "Metal Chick." I'm not a chicken to him am I...?

More than half of what Rooster said made absolutely no sense to Krahe, but she decided not to question it. Must be some Earth joke, was what she usually thought. The scout's chief often confounded her with his obscure reference. He usually gave the excuse that the Rak'sheba have no sense of humor-- but judging by the reactions of the other crew, she didn't think his jokes were funny by any race's standard.

Her tail flicked with curiosity. "Is there mission to prepare for?" The sniper was itching to have an enemy in the sights of her weapon.

As Garuda opened the door Chance hmmed softly seeing her partially armored up. He always thought the cyborg's armor was annoying as all hell, too many straps and buttons to mess with. Looking back at Hawk Girl the Chief nodded.

"Yea, we got things to do and a race of indigenous aliens to civilize in like a half hour. The Captain wants me to make sure you two are packed and ready to fly. And judging by Metal Chick's armor here that answer is no. Alright Hawk Girl grab a bit of bug mail we need to help Garuda get dressed." Picking up where the metal woman left off Rooster began fastening the armor in place.

"Oh!"

Garuda's cheek flushed red when Rooster put his hands on her. Never did a man lay his hands on her without the intent to kill her. Let alone help her get dressed for work. She was not sure how to proceed. Mother never taught her how to deal with men.

"Ara... Mr. Chance, you don't have to do this. Really!" She stuttered, arms held high to keep them out of the way of Rooster's work on her carapace. He was doing fast work, faster than Garuda could have done on her own.

Krahe raised an eyebrow. "It seems the girl is in no need of assistance," she commented, folding her upper arms. "And I have no clue how it goes together. Too many buckles and little bits." Krahe watched as Rooster made fast work of the woman's armor. He didn't seem to need any extra help.

"I will get supplies ready," she said, then quickly went back into her room. She carefully placed her rifle into its container, along with three different types of ammo: normal rounds, armor-piercing ones, and an interesting tranquilizer that the doctor had concocted for her. She also grabbed the two long knives resting upon her dresser and slid them into their hilts on her thighs. Aside from those, her rifle was the only piece of equipment she needed on a mission. No fancy armor, no gadgets. Just give her someone to shoot, and the job will be done.

"I am all ready, Chief," Krahe called from inside her bunk.

Rooster ignored Garuda's protests to his help.
    "If I don't help you, we'll miss muster and I am looking forward to sleeping on the long flight over, now hold still I'm almost done." He did the last buckle and pulled it tight, armor in general confused him, but over complicated suits like this just leave him mad and confused. Shaking his head he looked Metal Chick over and nodded.

"Well looks like everything is in place." He looked through the door as Krahe shouted she was ready. "Good, be sure you don't forget your electro mace! Can't have the Legion of Doom catching you unarmed." Looking back at his second Scout he quirked his eyebrow. "Do you have the rest of your shit ready Garuda?" He placed his hands akimbo on his waist still looking around at the cyborg's room.

Garuda's blush did not go away when Rooster took his hands off her. In fact, her face went a shade deeper when he made that closed the final buckle with a firm tug. The cyborg stammered something quickly in when Rooster asked if she was ready.

"Y-yes, Mr. Chance. With my armor now in place, I'm just about set for muster. Just a moment."

Garuda went to her bunk and picked up the black domed helmet she left sitting there as she trained, next to her tomahawk and dagger. She put it on, pressing a switch hidden in a panel in on the back, and hidden mechanisms vacuum sealed her helmet to her bodysuit. Next she picked up her tomahawks and pressed them to the small of her back, held in place by a small electromagnet in her carapace, attracting what little metal material were in the weapons. Her dagger she slipped into a scabbard strapped to her forearm.

"Alright, that should be all my equipment ready." Garuda said as she picked up her rifle and slung it under her shoulder. Her voice filtered through her helmet as a grizzly, tinny growl, a complete contrast to her natural, sonorous chime.

With a nod to his Clive's Angels as they would forever be known inside the mutant's head. Rooster adjusted his own gear and led the girls to muster, with a few minutes to spare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

GM Mover

An alarm sounded throughout the Black Star Hangar announcing the muster time has come. Sounds of many boots and shouting of orders in various languages fought to be heard above the din and bells. Crew and Staff were scrambling to their places securing cargo, topping off the ship fuel, rushing to get done and gone before the bay door opens allowing the first searing rays of another Carin dawn shine in and ignite anything flammable in about a hundred foot radius.

Soon the ruckus was over the expedition crew was standing in a loose formation at the bottom of the access ramp into the Black Star and a few staffers were hanging out by the doors to see the crew off even Togga and Yashy were present proud to see their girl off on her first planet rush. Bridge crew took up one file with Xanatos at the front, Gunners the next with the power armored Commander looming over the rest, Mechanics and Engineers shared a file with Anders at the front, as did the Medics and Scab the good Doctor Jaleni heading them, and the Scouts made the last file with a half asleep Rooster slouching slightly in front. Dar-Jeela was standing on the ramp, her purple bubble collar humming gently as it filters oxygen into the woman's gills. Like the rest of her crew she was dressed in armor and ready to go.

Never one for public speaking Jeela was doing her best to look calm and patient waiting for the right time to speak. But on the inside she was a nervous wreck and she just wanted to go hide in her Captain's cabin until the trip was over. But with a simple nod from her father through the small cloud of cigar smoke hovering around his head the young Shar female took a breath and decided to be her usual straight talking self.
    "Ok friends, I am glad to be seeing everyone here. I would be hating to know what my father would be doing with anyone who was being left behind." A low chuckle rippled through the Staffers along hey wall, they knew exactly what would happen. Clearing her throat the woman continues on. "I am not being a big speech giver like our former Captain Dar-Togga, I have always being one who is taking actions over words. So for those who would be expecting some epic rousing speech before we are setting off you are being very mistaken." She relaxed as another few chuckles were heard, her mother always said stuff like this would be easier the more you did it. "I am simply wanting to thank you all for joining the Black Stars and be thanking the full timers for keeping the ship repaired and the Hangar from blowing up. Now let's us be going no da?" With about as much ceremony as the crew has come to expect from their plain-spoken Captain Dar-Jeela tossed them all a quick salute before turning on her heels and walking into the ship.

The crew would follow her through the main bay of the ship, where cargo and the groups new Auxiliary vehicles were located. The dropship Jayhawk took up the most room equipped with guns, missles, armor, and all manner of things that explode or carpet bomb as well as the ability to survive reentry on any livable planet and act as a home away from home for the crew. Tucked under it's wings were the indomitable Thunderer Assault Vehicle and the four Monzor Waste Skiffs. The T.A.V is the workhorse and mobile command station of the Gunners planetside, but has enough room to carry the entire crew if needed. Fully loaded with guns, ammo, back-up comms, food and water supplies, everything you would want in a bug out vehicle. The M.A.Ss were the quick response and swift steeds of the Scouts. While not as tanky as some of the models out there the Skiffs have speed, maneuverability, stealth technology, and a whole market of mods you can slap on. Right now these four just small lasers hidden in the front and back of the vehicles, Geiger counters, ample storage, and removable doors. Tucked along the right wall is a repurposed Terra One scientific research vessel the crew has named Togga Jr while rarely used it is an essential vehicle should the crew find themselves needing to be under the sea. It is just big enough to hold the crew and their gear and it has some beefed up armor, a better engine, and a large photon cannon on the bottom of the vessel. Lastly lining the walls were the Zephyr Mk5 assault jetpacks. One for each of the crew and some modified ones for the more uniquely shaped Privateers, used for aerial recon and escape the Mk5s are older models of the Great Human Dominion's top of the line Black Razor Aerial Combat Wings. Not with nearly as many fancy bells and whistles the Mk5s are renowned for reliability and durability. They have hooks and small compartments for the wearer to use, but they are exactly what they look to be, a way to get the hell out of trouble when it comes looking for you.

These would be the tools the Black Star Privateers would use to keep the frontier planet of Dorcha a 'chala safe from whatever was looking for a fight. Jeela was the first to climb up the ladder to the rest of the ship and closed the ramp once everyone was in.
    "Bridge Crew be meeting me at your stations, Xanatos I will be needing you to be filling in as Communications for now and June you will be helping Warsong navigate to the planet. The rest of you be securing your gear in the bunks and buckling in for launch. We will be flying in five minutes, Gunners be manning your cannons, Scab, thanks to the warp tech that was stolen from the Skorne it will only be taking us a day or so to be reaching the planet. Be thinking up and preparing meals accordingly." She stopped talking and looked down at her crew smiling. "Now let us be burning our names across the stars." She turned once more and exited the bay making her way to the Bridge to prepare for launch.

( OOC Ok mates, posts responses, then I'll ship us out to the planet in a time jump and set things in motion.)

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast