Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighting for our Place in the Galaxy IC (Fox and Pendragon)(M)

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

"Oh no, they don't need to be replaced, it's just interesting and something I need to make a note of" Suzy said. Hanna grabbed one of the books from a nearby shelf and flicked through the pages. "Here we go, this should be the pistol from his locker" she said, pointing to the Colt Space Eagle. "Hm kinetic ammunition, good that means we wont need to stock up on older style energy cells...still uses a magazine, so it's a slug gun technically, guess I know what we'll need to stock up on then" Suzy said. Hanna looked at Meghan. "So what crawled up his ass and made a nest?" she asked, tilting her head towards Derek. Suzy looked up at them. "Hyperspace jump incoming" she said. Sure enough, a couple of seconds later they went into hyperspace, a momentary feeling in their stomachs, similar to when an elevator moves, except horizontal instead of vertical, was felt.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy, sci fi, modern fantasy, modern, fandom
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Meghan shrugged. "Still trying to figure that one out," she told Hanna before they went into hyperspace. After the feeling in her stomach subsided, she began to pull out the rest of her gear for Suzy to inspect. "Be careful of Big Bessie," she told her. "That's my baby."

"Who the hell is Big Bessie?" asked Derek.

"Got her after you." Placing a hand on her shotgun, she picked it up to hand to Suzy to look at. "She wasn't cheap but she was so worth it."

Set by Kicks

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Suzy took the shotgun and looked it over. "Very nice, reminds me of the one my father had to help fend off critters on the Jalcasa asteroid mining system" she said, aiming at the targets on the nearby wall. "Looks like the sights are ever so slightly off-center, not enough to make you inaccurate" she said as she put the gun on the table. "And what about you? Got anything interesting in your locker?" she asked, looking at Derek. Hanna had moved to another section of the armoury and was crouched beside something that looked like a robotic guard dog.

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Pulling his other pistol out, Derek put it on the table for Suzy, trying not to look at the robotic guard dog. He took a deep breath as he also pulled out his armor. "This is a commissioned piece, so be careful." He wiped a tiny smudge off of his chest piece before putting it down and inspecting the rest of the armor for any dirt.

As he looked over his helmet, Meghan had hers out and ready to be looked over.

Set by Kicks

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

"So you only wield two pistols I take it?" Suzy asked as she looked over Derek's equipment. She noted all the details of it, mostly the specifics of what it was made of. "Alright that's all for the armour. Now do you two wish to get your Fenris-class attack drones set up?" Suzy asked as they dropped out of hyperspace. "Now approaching the Jalcasa Asteroid Mining facility" Tayla said, her voice coming across the ship's internal communications. "Oh good, I can see about getting some more titanium" Suzy said.

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

"I have a rifle too," he said, putting his larger weapon on the table. As they dropped out of hyperspace, Derek nodded, wanting to see how well the drone would do in battle.

Meghan nodded as well, wanting to see how she could operate it.

Set by Kicks

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Suzy nodded and looked over at Hanna. "Han, could you active two of the Fenris for me please?" she asked. Hanna nodded and tapped a couple of holographic buttons on a nearby terminal and two of the guard dog looking robots activated and moved over to them. "Meghan, you first, just say your name and give it a name" Hanna said, activating the voice recognition feature of the attack drone sitting in front of Meghan. Once she was done Hanna activated the same feature for the one in front of Derek so he could do the same. Once this was done Suzy, who had finished looking over Derek's rifle, stepped forward. "Fenris-class attack drones are wonderful things. Almost fully sentient AI, and highly customization" she said. "They can be made to compliment either your combat style, or based on the mission, mine for example is designed to help with my job as the team mechanic in the field, and she can help around the ship here too" she added, petting the attack drone that had just walked up beside her. "Who's a good robot attack dog, Tam-Wolf?" she asked it. "I am, as are all of my Fenris brethren" Tam-Wolf responded after pondering for a moment. "Spare parts are in this crate, they can be outfitted with weapons and storage systems if you desire, and by default they look like Rottweilers since the creator, well one of them, was from Earth and in charge of how they looked" Hanna said.

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Meghan looked over the Fenris battle drone for a moment, confused as to why it looked like a rottweiler. Shrugging, she knelt beside it and pondered over a name for it. "Meghan, Paladin." She watched what the drone did for a moment or so as Derek gave his the name "Kane."

"You couldn't find a better name?" she said.

"Come on, you've never seen Citizen Kane? It's a classic." Well, the film had been transferred to vid form in recent years as with the rest of the films from the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. Derek hesitantly patted the drone's head and said, "Who's a good drone?"

"I am," Kane responded.

Set by Kicks

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Before anyone could get to working on thier attack drones, the ship landed. "We've landed at the Jalcasa Mining Facility, feel free to disembark the ship if you want" Tayla's voice came across the ship's comms system. "Oh good, we finally got clearance to land" Hanna said, stowing her rifle and heading towards the ramp that had just lowered. "You two coming?" Suzy asked as she put Tam-Wolf into rest mode and followed Hanna.

As Hanna, Tayla and Suzy exited the ship they could see all the activity. Other ships similar in design to the Spirit of Redmont were already on the landing platform, with mining ships taking off and landing around them. Other Serpah squads moved around as well, mostly walking from their ships to the main building. "Here we are, the staging point for all Seraph activities in this conflict" Tayla said. "I have to head up to meet the boss of this facility, I'll radio in when I need you on deck" she added, smiling and walking towards the main building. Suzy and Hanna looked at the other Seraph squads around them. "Isn't that Seraph Squad Sigma there in the purple?" Suzy asked. "Sure is, no matter what missions Sigma has we can be sure the enemy wont know what hit them" Hanna said. "Here come the human and Lunari ships" Suzy said, watching as the Spirit of Saturn and Spirit of Adronia landed in the bays next to their ship. Hanna took another look at Sigma Squad and tilted her head. "There's only 5...their sniper isn't there" she said.

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Shrugging Meghan headed down the ramp with Suzy and Hanna while Derek fell behind. He was planning on seeing Tayla before he even set foot off the ship. "I'll catch up," he said. But once he saw that Tayla had disembarked, he rushed to her side and tried to sidestep her. "I need to ask you something," he told her. "Why the hell are you even treating me with such disrespect? I made several requests weeks in advance and I still have yet to have any of them met. How dare you even put me with the rest of the crew?"

Set by Kicks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast