Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: [M] Sanctuary: ADD - The First Eclipse (IC)

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

There wasn't much sleeping done for Myka, so many things spun in her head. So many thoughts that she couldn't settle. It was as if this whole life that had been planned out for her since she was tiny, it was being turned upside down and she didn't know how to stop it or if she wanted to. Killing people, getting stuck in an alleyway... Feeling helpless. These were not normal, they almost made her sick.

Finally, she did go to sleep though, the light coming in far too soon from the window and she let out a groan. With a sigh, she got up out of her bed, shuffling to the mirror, her eyes going wide. She was going to fucking kill Sophia. Grabbing her hair she quickly tied it in a tight bun so it was less obvious how pure bleach blonde her hair had turned overnight. She put on her normal clothes. Dark blue jeans and a tight fitting shirt. There would be no dresses today, and Sophia was going to do something about her bleach blonde hair.

-----------------

Myka's icy gaze never left Dalton as he spoke. She had opened up some to Sophia and a little to Letum, but with everyone around, she reverted back to default Myka. Plus, she was a bit irritated already. Her expression didn't change throughout being told their mission, but when he mentioned the assassinations they were meant to carry out, her heart squeezed a little. Myka had already had a taste of killing people and what resulted afterward and it wasn't a good feeling. She knew as well as all of them that Darkwood needed stopped, and the only way to stop him, was for him to die, but it still left a bad taste in her mouth and a bit of a lurch in her stomach. It was not something she looked forward to being part of even though she knew their intentions were good. The pilgrimage was not something they could sit back and allow to happen. Still, it was trading some lives for others, but it was necessary... Yet a bit sickening none the less.

The stony gaze she held may have flickered a bit, a sag in her shoulders where she had made a point to sit tall before, but when Selenada was mentioned her eyes went big. Honestly, it was one thing to be here with the assassins, doing what she believed was right. It was another thing altogether to contemplate coming face to face with a life that she had tried to leave behind. With Templars that she had tried to push from her mind. It wasn't like she had really any contact with any of them, Myka was good at being in the background, and if it wasn't obvious... She wasn't extremely approachable. The idea of working with and being that close to someone who had made such different decisions and someone she had once worked beside... Again, it felt like another life... Another Myka.

How could they trust her? Myka trusted no one really, but this seemed like a terrible idea. Selenada had made her choice and chosen where her loyalties had lain. This was not where she chose. It wasn't like Myka to speak up unless necessary and Sophia proved it unnecessary by speaking her fears for her. Myka would do what she had always been good at doing even if it hadn't been evident lately. She would follow orders.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quentyn sat quietly through the briefing, during which the debate of trust was once more brought up. It would seem that for every step forward the group made, someone was intent on running back to the starting line. The knight wasn't sure if it was even the effort to address the matter anymore. Those who could trust, would do so; Those who refused to make the effort would only impede themselves.

He turned his orders over in his head; Quentyn was familiar with the targets by name alone, and thus considered the challenges based on those reputations. The inclusion of an “inside man” in the targets party would give them an advantage. Though what most concerned the knight was the orders regarding the hybrid.

Aybara agreed the hybrid was a massive threat, one that would need to be eliminated; But the inclusion of the stipulation bothered him. If the creature existed the assassins may need the assistance of their targets to defeat it. That would require very precise timing, and it was that which concerned Quentyn. He turned his thoughts to solving those concerns.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Crimson Casanova
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

It seemed that everyone was compliant. Trest was short and concise with his words, but of course, Sophia had to voice her concerns. Dalton strongly assumed it was just because she had a petty vendetta against him, especially when she insinuated that Selenada appeared to be something more for the Grand Master.

Dalton simply ignored Sophia's initial inquiry about Selenada, but he couldn't help but form a small smile of amusement from the rest of her questions. If Dalton received a gold coin for every time he is bombarded by a question about trust, he would be richer than the Divine King at this rate. "Well, she was a former comrade and knows the truth about the hybrid incident, so let's hope that she doesn't actually think you are all traitors, liars, and bloodthirsty killers?" he questioned, a bit playfully, by using Sophia's own words against her.

"And I suppose I should amuse you with an answer on why you should trust Selenada, even though you don't trust me, or hardly anyone else in this room," Dalton pointed out. Hell, he wondered if Sophia could trust herself at some points. The Grand Master's attention turned to everyone in the room. "I trust you all know that your former commander, Isaac Hills, had a daughter, correct?"

"Well, while you lost faith in your old comrades," Dalton cast a sideways glance towards Sophia - again, using her own words. "Both Kiera Sanford and Selenada Volkov have been taking care of Kaitlyn Hills, fulfilling the wishes of her late father. Very recently, however, the actions of Archon Balthazar Hills have endangered the poor child. The two companions are completely powerless against the likes of the Archon, and so the Assassin's Guild recognized that they needed help. I met with Selenada and made an offer she couldn't refuse. We shall help her and stop the Archon and save Kaitlyn, once she helps us eliminate Inquisitor Darkwood. From my understanding, Selenada has no love for the corrupt Inquisitor, especially since he personally tortured Jerris Greymir and Iago Santoro, and caused the death of the latter."

"And so, I will allow you to answer your own question, Sophia," Dalton's emerald gaze fell back on her. "Will you trust in Selenada's love for the child and will do everything in her power to save her? Or will you trust Templar Volkov's desire to fulfill her templar duties and rat us out?"

"Archon Balthazar Hills is already a high person of interest for the Assassin's Guild, so we can only find this as a win-win situation for us. Anyways, if there are no further questions, we will begin our plannings for the assassination at noon, tomorrow."
    Last edited by RedKayne; 10-17-2017 at 03:27 AM.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Orfiel was leaning against the bar sipping some fresh milk and a small pastry he bought from the market this morning on his way back from breaking up much of the rioters who had been tearing up the slums. As ordered Damned vanished from the area as soon as the guards were rounding everyone up. Big O knew not where his comrades exact whereabouts were, but it was better that way. He was no doubt under surveillance by the Assassins and none of them needed another threat to contend with.

O chewed on his meager breakfast slowly as Dalton barked out everyone's missions today. Himself, Yelena and Quentyn were to be shadows. Following a group led by Jerris and with Letum and Kiera Sanford. Just thinking of Jerri's name sent a small knot into his stomach, as far as he knew Jerris had died. But then again the further down this rabbit hole he falls the grayer and grayer the lines become. Friend had become foe, foe had become ally, and death seemed to dance through the rays of life in a maddening dance.

He wouldn't be surprise if by some sick twist of fate Hill came back to life as well. Finishing his food and milk the man clicked his tongue as the Grand Master rattled off more information for them to store away for later. Isaac's daughter, Kiera and Selenada taking care of the girl, Daltona making a deal with Selenada, and the Archon being on the top of everyone's most wanted list. Finishing his milk he placed the tin cup in the sink to be cleaned later and asked a single question.
    "Must we kill them?"

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Copost with Kayne

“Ah, Templar Greymir, always a pleasure to see you, again,” Inquisitor Darkwood’s voice echoed down the corridor. The tall figure of the Inquisitor strode down the hallway and heading towards the officer of the Most Noble, where Jerris just departed from. Luther formed a broad grin across his face, half of it still covered from the burned scars.

However, despite the burns, Luther still carried himself with a… predator-like demeanor. A dark-brown wolf pelt cloak swayed behind his back, his thick silver-steel armor glistened under the dazzling lights of the hallway, and his sinister dark-eyes remembered the vivid memory of interrogating Jerris. “What brings you to his Most Noble’s office?” The Inquisitor stopped before the one-eyed Templar and looked down upon him.

Jerris heard Darkwood before he saw him, not from his announcement but from his proud and heavy footfall. His sneer was recognizable no matter the distance, a voice pounded deeply even into Jerris’s dreamless nights. He was the source of the bags under his remaining eye, a dreadful exchange for taking his other one. Sometimes he felt the Inquisitor’s phantom fingertips reaching into the front of his head, snatching flesh no longer there and brushing against cauterized nerves.

But there was something more to Darkwood this time. It seemed someone finally returned the favor to him, in the form of of fire and burning flesh. Even as the man approached, Jerris’s natural instincts flared to life, the fingers of his left hand twitching as his brain sent the command to draw his pistols. His hyperkineticism demanded movement, but only just in time did he resist the command. He’s no threat here. Not just outside of Elijah’s office.

Relaxing the tension in his forearm, he expelled a short breath and moved to stride past Luther. “Likewise, Inquisitor Darkwood, but I have no time for idle words. Excuse me.”

Immediately, Inquisitor Darkwood took a step to the side and briefly blocked Jerris. “Ah, my mistake, Templar Greymir,” Luther repeated the same sinister words he stated before taking one of Jerris’s eyes. “I was hoping there would be no hard feelings between the two of us,” he said and still held his smirk. “In fact, I would like to request your aid on a matter.”

The irony did not escape the malevolent and corrupt Templar.

Jerris’s forearm twitched again at Darkwood’s movement, his muscles involuntarily jumpy at the man who had deeply established himself in the white-haired Templar’s carnal instincts. Easy, now. “Unfortunately, I have extremely important business for the Most Noble to attend to,” he said. “I’m sure you can handle your issues by yourself. Again, excuse me.”

Luther looked down at Jerris and studied him silently, before he finally moved aside and apparently allowed the Templar to pass. “Archon Denaris just received a terrible report. Inquisitor Nolan is dead. There are no survivors from his squadron. He was originally sent to defend the town of Levi to fight against a pack of Wendigos. The people of Levi overheard Lycan howls instead from the battlefield. The Scourge Beasts never bothered the town after it killed off the squadron.”

Jerris took two steps, but he halted upon hearing Luther’s response. So we are being targeted. I knew it. “Tell me,” he raised his eye up to Darkwood, his stare indiscernible between grim and indignant. “Did you interrogate the reporter for killing Inquisitor Nolan as well?”

Luther’s smile widened at Jerris’s question. “I’m offended, Templar Greymir. Based on the tone of your voice, you’re making it sound like I’m a monster,” he chuckled. “And tell me, why do you think Archon Denaris keeps me around? It’s fairly obvious I am not like your Inquisitor Caleb, so why do you think she keeps a man like me… running the law enforcement of Sanctuary, of all things?”

“Perhaps you should save me the conjecture, Inquisitor Darkwood, because I don’t have time for rhetorical questions.” Jerris said, exhaling. “So Inquisitor Nolan is dead. Do you now—“

He cut off and hesitated, glancing up and down the highway before lowering his voice. “Do you now understand that something is out there, killing Inquisitors and destroying the Templar Order?”

“Oh, I don’t doubt that there’s a monster out there, hunting us down,” Luther said nonchalantly. “But do you know the best way to kill a monster?”

The Inquisitor’s smile darkened, “You send another monster to kill it. That’s why I am needed, Templar Greymir. I have been dealing with monsters throughout my entire career. Human traffickers. Serial rapists. My team and I are currently investigating cases involving frequent occurrences of child kidnappings, s behead nobleman in a brothel, and a vigilante draining the blood of low-life thugs.”

Darkwood’s feet pivoted towards Jerris’s direction and then he crossed his arms together. “My strict law enforcement deterred criminal activity and low-life criminals have whispered my name in fear for many years. This hybrid is no different, he will learn to fear true monsters… like you and I.”

“I...see.” Jerris paused and stepped back, his eye narrowing slightly at Darkwood as he spoke. I knew it. He’s completely useless. “If you’re trying to impress me then I assure you there’s no need. The beasts outside of the walls are impervious to intimidation, so I hope you have something better prepared--for your own sake.”

He moved to disengage from the conversation, but something about Darkwood’s response nagged in his head. Wait a minute… “But this ‘vigilante’ you speak of…what do you mean it’s ‘draining blood?’”

“You never caused a Scourge Beast to experience fear? I was hoping you wouldn’t be such an ammateur, Templar,” Luther’s did not seem unnerved by Jerris’s warning. “And don’t worry, we don’t have a loose Vampire running amok in the city. This has been an ongoing case for the past few weeks. We found corpses, usually dumped in an alley, of low-life criminals. Their throats were slit, completely drained of blood. We highly suspect they were hanged upside down. This vigilante has been doing a bit of a favor for the law enforcement… but he is a butcher and his next victim may be a bit more innocent.”

Darkwood uncrossed his arms, “Anyways, I was going to propose to you that we form an alliance to seek down the perpetrators of the riots for the past couple days; after you’re done with your little fetch quest to Abel. But, I get the sense you would rather focus on the external threats of Sanctuary first, before we deal with internal.”

“External, internal, the threat is all but omnipresent at this point.” Jerris said, his brow rising in slight surprise at Darkwood’s suggestion. “What sort of alliance could you possibly recommend, anyway? I remember how you work, Inquisitor; you always find someone to take the blame, whether guilty or innocent.”

Luther cracked another grin, “Well, basically, after you assist me with capturing the riot perpetrators, who I strongly suspect to include Iago Santoro… I will put all of my efforts and resources into investigating the hybrid. We both know that someone, in a much higher political position than me, is behind the conspiracy that framed you and your fellow Templars with treason. And I know… who to start with,” his eyes glance sideways, knowingly, towards the Most Noble’s office.

“Templar Santoro?” Jerris paused and frowned in thought. I had forgotten about him. Perhaps this isn’t so much of a waste of time as I thought. And if he suspects the others of the Trinity as I do, then we have much to talk about. His gaze followed Darkwood’s to Elijah’s door. But it’ll have to wait until I’m finished in Abel.

“In that case, I recommend you speak nothing of this meeting,” he said, his voice now hushed. “I’ll conclude my investigation at Abel, return to the Most Noble upon my return, and report to your office immediately afterwards. Agreed?”

“Agreed,” Inquisitor Darkwood turned away from Jerris. “I bid you farewell then, Templar Greymir,” his dark eyes glistened with delight. “Have a safe trip,” he said before walking down the hallway to report the news to the Most Noble.

Thanks to Karma for the dandiest set
    Spoiler: RPs I'm in 

Crimson Casanova
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Dalton stirred from Orfiel's singular question. "I will repeat myself," the Master assassin said. "If need be, and with the assistance of Letum, eliminate Greymir and Sanford. So I will elaborate on that. If there is a situation where it calls for their elimination, such as Letum's identity being discovered, we cannot allow the risk of either Templars reporting back to Sanctuary. Otherwise, if there is no situation that deems it, they can live."

Gregory understood that they were former comrades and they would not take pleasure in killing them. He understood that they would rather prefer the option of letting them live, but they needed to be aware that the operations of the Assassin's Guild cannot be placed in jeopardy.

"Now, I can see that I have answered all pressing questions. You are all dismissed, get some rest and prepare yourselves for the upcoming days."

"I knew I would find you here," Gregory overheard Inquisitor Cox's voice spoke up. He sat on the edge of the roof, staring into the dark city streets and the cloudless sky of stars. He took a sip from a mug of hot coffee, despite the midnight hours. "Coffee? This late?" the Inquisitor questioned as she took the seat next to him, always adorned in her signature dark-leather outfit.

"What do you want, Inquisitor?" Dalton paid no eye contact to the mirthful woman. More often than not, her presence causes him a headache.

Esther smirked and her red eyes studied Dalton. "I actually am a harbringer of bad news. Archon Denaris received the report that Inquisitor Nolan and the rest of his squadron have been slaughtered by Scourge Beasts. We don't have concrete details, but we assume that Lycans and the Hybrid are responsible for the incident." She glanced back ahead, "The High Lord is hesitant to proceed with the mission, now," she warned.

"This changes nothing," Dalton said immediately, without hesitation, before taking another sip of his coffee.

The Inquisitor scoffed. "This actually changes things quite a bit. The Order has lost two templar squadrons within the month. Riots are taking over the streets. Sanctuary is on the brink of destruction, do you truly believe that eliminating Inquisitor Darkwood and his law enforcement squadron will bring beneficial consequences?" She raised both eyebrows.

"Sanctuary's law enforcement does not look after its citizens," Dalton promptly stated. He turned his face, his emerald eyes narrowed at Cox. "You know my story... my resolve remains unchanged. We will proceed with the mission," he turned his face forward again. "If the Hybrid does exist, Sanctuary is in no state to face that threat. We must weed out the corruption and make the city anew, stronger than it was before."

Inquisitor Cox chuckled lightly, "That sorta makes a bit of sense... but, I get the sense you're trying to convince yourself of your unquestionable resolve, than trying to convince me that it's not about pure vengeance."

3 Days Later...

Today is the day, Dalton thought to himself as he stepped into the market square of the city. The past couple of days have been a bit busy. He briefed the assassin's on their specific roles with the upcoming mission, he met with Selenada again to discuss her part with the Inquisitor's assassination, and then they bid farewell to Orfiel, Renakovic, and Quentyn the other day as they began their trek to follow Templar Greymir's group.

He casually strode down the busy market square in the afternoon. He held a coffee mug in his hand, took small sips from it and blended casually with the crowd of citizens. Darkwood's law enforcement passed strict curfews for the citizens and punished many of the rioters severely. The streets have calmed down... for now... but the angered feelings still laid dormant within many citizens of Sanctuary.

Dalton's emerald eyes then glanced sideways at a group of patrolling Templars, lead by one that personally lead the charge against the rioters, Templar Jenkins. They will soon learn that this pleasant-weather day filled with promise and hope... will turn out to be anything but.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Letum was not really expecting a meeting to be called so soon. He had relayed the information of the meeting that was held to the Grand Master, and his mission that was given to him and the others. Now he was stuck sitting around a table. With people that hated him, and some that he has made a connection. Whether it was physical or maybe more was still up in the air, but he did care a little about her well being. Nodding his head at Myka, he then turned his attention to the meeting as Grand Master Dalton began to speak.

A small smile crossed his face as Dalton went over his orders. So the higher ups though that the two might find something that might cause them to be forced to kill the two. Though this order was on the grounds of if it would be advantageous to do so. He doubted that there would be a reason to kill them. The only thing that would facilitate that kind of reaction is if his cover was blown. He hasn't been caught all these years, and there was no way he would now. Besides he had an idea to deal with the both of them, without having to kill them.

He needed to get close to his real target, and he didn't need to explain how he survived an attack, and the others perished. When astray and he survived then he wouldn't be able to get close enough to kill the most Noble. A though he would need to keep in mind when making his decisions later. The hybrid was a threat, and Letum knew that if it was there they would need to make sure that they kill it if possible. The creature might even do their job for them before the fight was over. However, were mere numbers enough to actually kill the creature? Or would there need to be something else that would need to be played? He had a couple of days to think on the matter before his mission, so he just listened to what elses was being said.

Then the subject of Templar Volkov came up and this just happened to be an unexpected twist of fate. One other Templar had been recruited in the mission to stop the pilgrimage. However, she might not have been the best choice in all of this, but who was he to challenge his superiors? Though he did wonder how much she did know about the assassin's order, and what they were trying to achieve? Well in the end it will be another person to help in their task.

Letum knowest the bandage on his superiors arm, but thought nothing of it since there were times that people got hurt during their missions. Or maybe Templar Volkov gave him that injury? That thought made his smile a little larger, but it disappeared at once once the mention of trust was brought up yet again. Shaking his head at the notion he just ignored the concern. Trust is not a simple thing to achieve, and he for one didn’t trust many people, but at the same time he still put his life in others hands.

Once everything was settled they were dismissed, and Letum knew there was a lot to do to get ready for his mission. Both as a Templar, and as an Assassin. Leaving the crumbling Inn he made his way back home in the darkness of the night using the allies to his advantage to keep himself concealed.

---------

Three days had passed like it was nothing, and it was time to get ready to meet his fellow Templars for their mission. He had been dressed before the sun rose, and he was sitting on the wall watching the sun rise on a day that seemed to have very few clouds to block it radiant light. As he watched the sun peek up from behind the mountains a smile formed on his face. It was always nice to see the sun instead of clouds. A sign that this mission might be an easy one. Though he truly didn’t believe in that superstition. Standing up he brushed off his pants and made his way down the wall. It was getting close to the time for him to meet the others, and that is when he will offer an olive branch of sorts to the two he will be working with.

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

A copost between Beta (Templar Jenkins) and RedKayne (Gregory Dalton)

Jenkins had been praised rather highly for apprehending the vandals and blasphemers in the middle district. As a direct result of his actions, he was placed at the head of a patrol unit whose duty it was to keep watch on the area where the incident had taken place. He was honored to take charge of such a task, of course. Such was his fervor that he drilled the younger templars on one specific verse. ”Those who oppose the Divines shall know the wrath of heaven. Field and forest shall burn, the seas shall rise and devour them, the wind shall tear their nations from the face of the earth, and lightning shall rain down from the sky. They shall cry out to their false gods, and find only silence.” while not even Jenkins took this verse literally, he knew its meaning to be truthful. Anyone who blasphemed against the church would be found and judged. His actions three days ago and his current assignment were proof of that.

Thankfully, things seemed very quiet since that day. No one had done anything even remotely as bad as those miscreants three days prior. A couple petty thefts, a physical altercation in a pub, and kids throwing tantrums when their parents would not buy sweets. While he appreciated the quiet, Jenkins knew that those behind the riots and murders were simply laying low. His sharp eyes scanned everyone he came across… looking for the slightest hints of danger. A hand on a belt, someone reaching inside their jacket, people ducking behind things or retreating when they saw the templars… all of it threw out red flags for Jenkins. While he had not seen anything terribly suspicious yet today, he knew he could not let his guard down. To do so would be to neglect his duty… and to neglect his duty would be to disobey the orders of the Divines.

Dalton eyed the group of patrolling templars and then took the last swig of his coffee - laced with Dolor. He could already feel the effects of the drug dulling the physical sensations of his body, which would be needed for the upcoming event. He counted six templars among the group and noticed their mistrustful eyes glancing at the area around them. The Grand Master’s belt was empty, which gave the appearance that he was unarmed.

Dalton made his move and still held his empty coffee mug, maneuvering around the crowded market area and towards templars. He did not make eye contact towards them, minimizing a threatful appearance. He could follow the movement of the templars regardless due to his seismic senses. The patrol group was to his left and three templars covered the rear. Dalton strode down the area, closely packed by other busy civilians. Finally, he accidentally shouldered one of the templars in the back of the group.

“Hey!” the templar sharply turned around to face Dalton and made a move to his sheathed blade in case if there was a threat. “Watch where you’re go-”

Thwack!!

Dalton’s free hand sharply thrust towards the templar’s face like a viper, landing a powerful palm strike against the man’s nose, breaking it on the spot, and causing him to stagger backwards and fall against another templar. Gregory’s face remained completely aloof and he needed no words. He was here to fight.

Only at the last second did Jenkins pick up on the current situation developing, and by then it was too late to stop it. One of his men was hit, and a second was knocked over by the first stumbling into him. Eyes darting around quickly, Jenkins assessed things. One attacker, unarmed, apparently alone. Odd. It seemed like the man knew how to fight, as well. No back alley brawler could stagger a templar while unarmed, that much was certain. Well… he had wondered when someone would do something illegal. That said, Jenkins had really wished the illegal act would have been something less direct.

”I offer one chance to stand down, citizen. Should you accept, I will argue for leniency on your behalf. Decline, and things will not go so well for you. Choose now, citizen.” Jenkins’ hand instinctively moved to his war pick as he spoke… but soon moved away from it. Deadly force against a single unarmed attacker was ALLOWED, but far from necessary. Hopefully the man was truly alone, as Jenkins did not care much for use of force on Sanctuary's people. Still, his focused glare and ready stance made it abundantly clear that Jenkins was not messing around with this man.

There was a brief silence between Dalton and the group of Templars, which was quickly broke from a “You son of a bitch!!” The templar with the bleeding nose roared as he pushed away from the arms of the comrade that caught him and helped him to his feet. He grabbed a short-sword from his belt and slashed down with it.

Dalton immediately reacted by taking a step forward and closed the distance between the two. He swung his right arm outward and caught the man’s wrist with his forearm. He clenched his teeth and felt the dull pain of the stitches. Once the effects of the Dolor wore off, he would certainly feel the excruciating pain. Then, with his left arm, he swung upward and uppercutted the man across his chin. The assassin could’ve swore he felt some teeth breaking as the man staggered and fell back to the ground harshly.

Dalton sensed the nearest templar to him fumbling towards his belt to draw his weapon, but Gregory quickly swung the coffee mug - which he still held with his right hand - and smashed it across the templar’s face, where glass shattered and raked his skin. The second templar wasn’t knocked out, but he would be screaming from the pain for a little while. The Grand Master sharply pivoted towards the spearhead of the group, who warned Dalton to surrender. Gregory only cockily smirked back at the leader, who got his answer.

They always had to be difficult. Why did they always have to be difficult? ”Have it your way, citizen. Men, apprehend him by force.” Jenkins stood back to keep watch for any potential accomplices, as well as to spot any deadly weapons the man might use. So far the Templars were not authorized to use lethal force… but that would change should the Knight bear witness to any deadly weapons being drawn. In his heart, Jenkins felt sorry for the man. What had wounded him so that he would so brazenly attack the peacekeepers of Sanctuary? A sad situation, really.

Regardless of his personal feelings, Jenkins still had a job to do. Even as his men moved to apprehend the criminal, Jenkins said a prayer for the man. Speaking aloud as if to a gathering of the faithful, Jenkins spoke from memory. "For your eyes are sorrow-blinded, in darkness unbroken. There upon the earthen floor, a voice answered my call and He spoke to me. 'Heart that is broken, still beating unceasing, An ocean of sorrow does surround you. Lo, you have forgotten, son of Sanctuary. Within My creation, none are alone. Rejoice and take solace in the Word and the Way.' Thus I was uplifted, given strength anew, and wept tears of joy in thanks to our Lord." None were beyond redemption unless they refused it, and Jenkins would pray this man was not one to refuse it.

The three Templars moved about and surrounded Dalton in a triangular formation. Dalton’s emerald gaze flickered between each Templar and observed them carefully for an initial strike. He had the element of surprise before, and considered himself very lucky he managed to knock down two of the six Templars. However, he no longer has the advantage, and each Templar warrior is worth ten men. The odds were incredibly stacked against the Grand Master.

The crowd of people formed a large circle around the fight and remained largely silent. They couldn’t exactly make what Dalton stood for and his purpose of attacking the Templars. A few wanted to cheer for him and hope he defeats the oppressors, but they doubted he was capable of knocking them all down.

The first Templar made his strike. He charged at Dalton and sharply jabbed towards the man. Dalton immediately reacted by pivoting his feet and taking a sidestep out of the way. His left arm quickly gripped the man’s arm and then-

BAM!

Dalton stumbled backward from the fist that struck him across the face. The second Templar reached Dalton before he managed a counterattack with the first one. He’s fast, Gregory quickly noted and assumed that one belonging in the Paladin-class. Dalton’s attention was quickly distracted by the rush of the third Templar, who took him by surprise. The third Templar lowered his body and tackled Gregory. The Templar tightly wrapped his arms around Dalton and began to lift him up.

Shit! Dalton slammed down an elbow against the man’s back in an attempt to break apart from him. However, his elbow only harshly met the man’s metallic armor and barely dented it. The Templar swung down with his immense strength and then Dalton’s back brutally slammed against the ground. He yelped loudly in pain before the man released his grip. The Templar, most likely a Crusader-type, raised up both of his hands together and prepared to slam them down to break some ribs.

The assassin lifted up both of his legs and pushed against the Crusader’s chest, creating distance by causing the Templar to stumble backward and for Gregory to roll away roughly. Dalton stood back up, breathing heavily and sweat glistening on his brow. He raised a hand and wiped away blood dripping from his lip, courtesy of the blow from the Paladin.

The three Templars stood in a line is opposition against their assaulter, and stood between him and their patrol leader. Despite being heavily bruised, Dalton’s gaze never lost its intensity and stared down at all three Templars. He had no intentions in giving up on this fight. Dalton quickly charged over to the three Templars and rushed between two of them. Before Gregory had a chance to strike, the Paladin Templar quickly jabbed at Dalton’s face once more.

This time, Gregory adjusted to the man’s speed. He quickly swung out his left arm outward, which slammed against the Paladin’s arm and redirected his fist against the first Templar’s face. The first Templar fell back from the sudden attack, and then Dalton quickly shoved against his shoulder against the surprised Paladin, which caused him to slam and stumble against the Crusader.

Before any of them had a chance to regain their footing, Dalton quickly darted over to their spearhead, whom had been watching the fighting the entire time. Dalton’s made eye contact with their patrol leader, who recited holy verses earlier. [I]Your God will not stop me,[I] the assassin quickly closed the distance between the two and will soon involve Jenkins in the fray, too.

His men were holding their own against the man, but had not taken him down. Jenkins had been watching very intently, and it became very clear the assailant had Templar training. Stepping between the men under his command, Jenkins held up one hand toward the unknown attacker and spoke two words. ”Hold, men.” Lost templars were not new to Jenkins, but he always felt the need to ask them one question… why.

It did catch Dalton by slight surprise when the leader called his men to a halt. The assassin paused in his movement before glancing back at the commanding Templar. “What is it?” Gregory spoke up for the first time throughout this entire confrontation, and held his signature cocky smirk. “Do you prefer to handle this one-on-one?”

”Using numbers is not a problem for me, lost one. What is a problem is that you clearly have as much training as my men… if not more.” Jenkins looked the man over briefly before continuing. ”You were a templar. That much is plain to see. It is only right that I ask why you abandoned your post. I am of course still obligated to take you in for your assault on a Templar, but you are not simply a common rabble-rouser, and due at least some modicum of respect as per your former station.”

One of Jenkins’ men gave him an odd look, but the Knight’s steely glare hushed any protest. He may not have been a Senior Templar or Inquisitor, but Jenkins answered directly to Inquisitor Darkwood… and none wished to draw his ire.

After all of these years… around six years… Dalton has kept his presence as a Templar a secret. Now, his former position has been finally revealed in public. Even if he somehow managed to escape this conflict, Sanctuary’s law enforcement will not rest until it has hunted down the Templar deserter hiding within the city’s walls.

“Yes,” Gregory affirmed Jenkin’s connection. “I was a Templar. Gregory Dalton. I left the Order about six years ago. I left because the Order betrayed me,” Dalton stated flatly. “I will not disclose any further information about myself. If you want to learn more about me, ask your Inquisitor.” Dalton inferred that both he and Darkwood had business together in the past. “Now, are we done with civilities, Templar?”

Dalton… Dalton… why was that name so familiar? In the heat of the moment, the connection escaped Jenkins. ”If you are so against going in peacefully, we can of course oblige you. But surely enough has been done. You have taken a few blows and are unarmed and unarmored. I am fresh, armed, and armored. Even if my men did not assist me, you would not likely escape further harm.” Jenkins, to further emphasize his message, first tapped the massive pistol at his left hip and then the war pick at his right.

He did not want this to end in bloodshed. That would only further tarnish the reputation of the Templars, given the current sociopolitical situation in Sanctuary. Rather, showing Templars were just as capable of apprehending suspects peacefully would do nothing but good. Even making an open offer to stop violence would get the public talking, regardless of the suspect’s decision to accept or refuse. ”I would prefer we just take you in now and avoid risking your further injury or death. But if you insist, we can do this the hard way. The one who repents, who has faith unshaken by the darkness of the world… they shall know true peace. So to could you, Mister Dalton. No man is beyond redemption and repentance.”

Dalton could applaud this man for his sense of peace, but unfortunately, he just happened to be in the wrong side of the battlefield. Perhaps if there were more men like this, back when Dalton was a Templar… things would’ve happened differently. “I am seeking neither redemption nor repentance. I am simply a man with conviction. Do your worst,” the assassin stated and straightened his posture, preparing himself.

A shame, really. Why would this man choose violence over peace when it was offered? In any case, Jenkins would do his job. ”Lord, my enemies are abundant. Many are those who rise up against me. But my faith sustains me; I shall not fear the legion, should they set themselves against me.” With this prayer, Jenkins squared up to face Dalton in a fistfight. He would not resort to his weapons just yet, as he had the distinct advantage. And so the fight would begin, as Jenkins took his first steps toward this Dalton fellow.

Dalton responded by moving towards Jenkins, too, but the other members of the patrol quickly got involved. Behind Dalton’s back, one of the three Templars revealed his class as a Chevalier and spat out a glob of web which quickly enwrapped around the assassin’s legs. The attack caught Dalton by surprise and he fell forward, barely catching himself with his hands.

The Paladin quickly took advantage of the opportunity and rushed towards Dalton, kicking harshly against his side and sending him sprawling away a few feet. Dalton rolled over and coughed from the pain and then opened his eyes to see another looming figure. It was the very first Templar that he struck, the one with the broken nose, and his eyes were filled with hatred. The Templar raised up his foot and stomped down Dalton’s chest.

Dalton tried to bar the blow with his forearms, but still took the brunt of the force heavily. He clenched his teeth together and grunted through the pain, but the Templar wasn’t finished. He kept on brutalizing Dalton, raising up his leg and stomping down. Once more. And more once. And once more in front of the entire crowd of people gasping in horror. It looked like he was going to kill the man.

Jenkins, angered by the direct disobedience of his men, delivered a forceful kick to the ribcage of the templar about to deliver the final blow, then drew his pistol. ”BY THE DIVINE, I SAID STAND DOWN! YOU ARE IN DIRECT VIOLATION OF YOUR ORDERS!” With his pistol drawn and one hand on his primary weapon, Jenkins was not fooling around. ”This incident will be in my report, Templar. Pray I suggest leniency. Now help me escort this man to headquarters or make yourself scarce.” There was no doubt the flagrant disregard for chain of command had angered Jenkins. The younger templars had ignored his order and would likely be punished for it.

Taking his chance to slap manacles on the injured Dalton, Jenkins ensured he could not somehow lash out again. In his current state, attempting to do so was unlikely… but the man had shown considerable stubbornness. Jenkins would not put such an attempt past him. ”And so the loyal Brennos, his life broken to pieces, found only ash where his home had stood... left to the wind and rain. He wept and took the ashes, still hot from the fire, and pressed them to his heart... resolved to build atop them. Think of this as one such fire, Dalton. Build atop these ashes and learn from what came before.” And with that, he would help Dalton to his feet and begin the slow trek back.

Dalton was forced upward, his ribs incredibly bruised, perhaps a couple broken from the one Templar’s attacks. He was breathing heavily, his eyes were weary, and the leader was going off on a godforsaken rant on religion. The circumstances irritated Dalton, but he calmly accepted them along with his loss. Jenkins would find no further resistance from the man.

Gregory cast a sideways glance towards Jenkins, and the intensity of his conviction has not wavered. “There’s only one fire that fills my heart, Templar,” he stated before looking forward. “The fire of vengeance.”

”A single candle banishes the dark. If but one spark of faith remains within you, it can overcome. You need only let it.”
    Spoiler: Neat Stuff Within 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Up before dawn on the day of the mission. It has been a long time since Orfiel could say he's been on any kind of officially sanctioned mission. Since he left the Order his missions were chosen by himself and far from sanctioned. He was a rebel and guerrilla fighter now, hit hard, hit fast, and go. This new little shadow mission would require some finesse as well as some old skills he used as a brigand.

He was in the yard outside the inn doing some early morning exercise to get his body ready for what the road may throw their way. He finished up his exercise and began moving towards the rally point, he wasn't sure if he'd be the first or the last one there, but he was ready. Armor on, weapons sharpened, and eye towards the promise of disaster.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678