Page 1 of 34 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Ages Undreamed Of (OOC)

A Storm Is Coming
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Default [M] Ages Undreamed Of (OOC)

This RP is rated M/R for the promises of blood, violence, ritual sacrifice, slavery, fantasy racism, perverted sexuality, and other such adult themes.

”The nostalgia of things unknown, of lands forgotten or unfound, is upon me at times. Often I long for the gleam of yellow suns upon terraces of translucent azure marble, mocking the windless waters of lakes unfathomably calm; for lost, legendary palaces of serpentine, silver and ebony, whose columns are green stalactites; for the pillars of fallen temples, standing in the vast puerperal sunset of a land of lost and marvelous romance. I sigh for the strange and hidden cities of the desert, with burning brazen domes and slender pinnacles of gold and copper, that pierce a heaven of heated lazuli.”
    — Clark Ashton Smith: Nostalgia of the Unknown

Hither came all manner of intrepid folk from the glit-chased domes and spires of great kingdoms that lay as blue mantles beneath the stars, and thither did stalk wild and moody persons from their scorching sands and sullen hills. Knights and pirates, exiles and mercenaries, drunkards and sorcerers. Vital and elemental spirits all, stubbornly resolute against an unforgiving world of cruel kings, foul sorcery, and the shadowed terrors that lurk within the brooding ruins of bygone aeons.

“Know, O Prince, that all men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.”
    — The Chronicles of Prospero

These very words have no doubt fluttered past your ears as you made your crossing to Zakharan, the fabled crossroads of the world. It is fitting poetry for such a place — with its shadow-steeped temples and cyclopean ruins, ensconced in the ever-shifting, primordial sands that no adventurer was ever meant to plunder.

Whatever their circumstances or their reasons, whomever these individuals are, they themselves on the great Ivory Road, the greatest inland trade routes in the world. It is a perilous journey, rife with dangers both monstrous and mundane, one that no sane fellow would make lightly. Perhaps it is the promise of gold as a caravan guard, or the burgeoning opportunity that spots the deserts, steppes, and wilds. Or, nestled deep within the labyrinthine confines of a sorcerous mind, one seeks the eldritch powers left by those who came before. Whether privateer or pilgrim, all can find a place on the Ivory Road to Zakharan, whether they are returning home, seeking refuge, or on the road to plunder. But remember, Zakharan is the azure gateway to the gleaming cities and long-forgotten mysteries of ancient and temperamental lands. Enter if you dare, effendi. Fortune and death are the most generous gods here, fickle as they are furious.

Which of them will mark you first?

“The Lion strode through the Halls of Hell;
    Across his path grim shadows fell
    Of many a mowing, nameless shape
    Monsters with dripping jaws agape.
    The darkness shuddered with scream and yell
    When the Lion stalked through the Halls of Hell.
    — The Scarlet Citadel

This is to be a tale of Sword and Sorcery, pulled from veins adjacent to the works of Robert E Howard, Clark Ashton Smith, Robert Jordan, and Charles R. Saunders . Might, magic, gods, and devils all prowl in such a place, but they do not do so idly. The gods are uncaring and indifferent to the plights of mortals, who desperately seek their favor through ritual and sacrifice. Demons take many forms to deceive, corrupt, and ravage mortalkind. Sorcery may grant great power, but it always comes with a hefty price, never to be trifled with lightly. Finally, there is might - the Iron Way of sword and axe which makes men like chaff before your scything steel.

While many great civilizations sprawl across the world, much remains undiscovered, or lost in the world-shaking cataclysm that swallowed the greatest kingdoms ever known. Strange races may lurk beneath the shifting sands, or within the night-dark shadows of great jungles. As such, players may freely submit lore of all kinds to the GM(s), but the validity of said suggestions are to the discretion of the GM(s) alone, and some submissions may be denied in order to maintain the tone and aesthetic of the world.

Spoiler: Enter the Library of Alisandreja 

”As I told you longe ago, do not calle up That which you can not put downe; either from dead Saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond. Have ye Wordes for laying at all times readie, and stopp not to be sure when there is any Doubte of Whom you have.”
    — H. P. Lovecraft: The Case of Charles Dexter Ward

Spoiler: Now tell me… Who are you? 

Spoiler: Rules and Guidelines 

Last edited by StormWolf; 06-26-2017 at 11:04 PM.

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Adventurers

Hither came...
    Spoiler: Tyrgan, Lion of Ysgard 

Iolaire-Sealgair, The Raging Ranger - SikstaSlathalin
    Asteria - Karma
    Nomad - Splat
    Lasair MacCaderyn - ScottishGal
    Besehaedra the head-taker - Cfavano
    Khars Damos - NinjaontheRoof
    Irazebeth - Koti
    Lash - AngelDellaNotte

Important NPCs
    Spoiler: Samad el-Fasiel, King of the Ivory Road 
    Last edited by StormWolf; 06-25-2017 at 04:38 AM.

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Mmmm I am a slut for fantasy and world building. Consider me interested. I love how detailed all of this is
    Last edited by Splat; 06-19-2017 at 11:33 PM.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Count me in. Just gotta catch up on things <3

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

color me interested as well, I am thinking of doing an amazon warrioress

Spoiler: Things I like 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

*Fantasy powers activated, worlds begin to collide, ides manifest from the lights of dawn, begins playing Two Steps from Hell playlist.*

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SikstaSlathalin View Post
    *Fantasy powers activated, worlds begin to collide, ides manifest from the lights of dawn, begins playing Two Steps from Hell playlist.*
    Pretty much my brain 24/7, tbh.

So many ideas... I'll try and think of something concrete on the plane tomorrow haha. I'm thinking of a nomadic, Arabic sorta guy. Because Scimitars.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

is a fullblade a viable weapon in this world?

Spoiler: Things I like 

A Storm Is Coming
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

@Cfavano; no, it is not. A zweihander will be about as greatswordy as it gets.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hmm zweihander such a sexy sword.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Page 1 of 34 123 ... LastLast