Thread: The Ardent Venture (OOC)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Default The Ardent Venture (OOC)

The Ardent Venture

“Following the War for Qrihn, over a century ago, an era of cold, hard tension gripped the Known Systems. Now the Sol Confederacy reaches out to all species willing to join them on a diplomatic tour of the ‘Wonders of the Galaxy’, aboard the Ardent Venture, an Embassy Vessel. The Ardent Venture is quite possibly the largest vessel of it’s kind known space enough for the hundreds of known species.”

Background Information
    Factions

Sol Confederacy
    An association of various Sovereign States born out of the remnants of the Sol System and its immediate surrounding neighbours. Currently has an open migration policy, allowing any willing being to migrate to their space. Major species included in the Confederacy include: Terrans (almost hairless ape-like bipeds), Martians (Small greyish bipeds built for underground living).
    Spoiler: In-Depth Information 

Rotun Autonomy
    A small faction of sentient AI hailing from the sun known as the “Source”. Individuals of this species are known as ‘Units’ though they live in a collective. Most beings in the ‘Known systems’ have only been face-to-face with Diplomatic Units.

Cazor Tribunal
    A theocratic oligarchy, one of the instigators of the War for Qrihn. A deeply religious people, the Cazor are looking for the Mother Seed, which is believed by the Tribunal to be the source of all life in the galaxy.

Scorgax Empire
    A militaristic empire, the second instigator of the War for Qrign. Primarily populated by an Avian species, the Scorgax Empire is outwardly aggressive, arrogant species. However they have been active in the galaxy longer than most species and as such, have become quite wary of the advances on their borders.

Terminology

Known systems - Current charted systems known by the majority of the active factions.

War for Qrihn - Sometimes referred to by the Terrans of the Sol Confederacy as the First Galactic War, though named the War for Qrihn universally. Primarily between three parties, the Cazor Tribunal, the Scorgax Empire and the unwitting third party, the Sol Confederacy. Both the Cazor Tribunal and the Scorgax Empire laid claim to Qrihn, when it was discovered by the Sol Confederacy. The result was a scourged Qrihn, and a Pyrrhic victory for the Scorgax Empire.

The Gorr Accords - Similar to the Vienna treaties of Earth, the Gorr Accords provide protection for the diplomatic forces of the galaxy, signed following the War of Qrihn.

Ardent Venture

Spoiler: Ship specifications 

Characters

Spoiler: Terran Chief of Mission 

Character Form:
    Name:
    Profession:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:

Species/Faction Form:

Species
    Name:
    Appearance:
    Traits:
    Lifespan:
    Description:
    Homeworld:
    Homeworld Description:

Faction
    Ruler:
    Faction Type:
    Faction Description:
    Faction History:
    Diplomatic Status:

OOC

Alrighty got as much done tonight as I could... Will be editing some more stuff in when necessary. If you have any questions by all means post them. If you're going to create your own species and factions, please put limits on how big it is, nothing bigger than five or so systems. Feel free to shoot me a pm and whatnot. Also if I left anything out, I'll try and fill it in, though I tried to not clutter this up with too much information.

Last edited by Jonas Garland; 07-07-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I'll get to work on a species then a character that belongs to it.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

The Scottish Fluff
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started Jonas !! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

This RP has been featured as

Haya was nice enough to make the banner for you and said you were free to use it if you wish! Congrats!!

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes