Thread: [M] Arise Celestial Dragon Shilong!

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default [M] Arise Celestial Dragon Shilong!

1 AD, June 28th

A sea of pinkish-red and white peony flowers gently moved with the breeze. These flowers covered the ground for a mile around the focal point of the ceremony which was to begin. Everyone had gathered around and stood among the flowers. The Deathborne were reserved while the Ryudeshi were humbled before one of their gods. At the very center atop a hill was the skull of Shilong, a Celestial Dragon. This pinnacle was located just South of Longtan, the temple and city of the dragons. Shilong once lorded over the region alongside their kin, the fellow dragons. It was when the Barbarian High King Dschingh came to their lands and battled with the mighty dragon that the ancestors of the Ryudeshi lost hope. Now the thousands present stood these hallowed grounds with uncertainty in their hearts.

The skull of Shilong was massive in size, greater than that of a simple house. An elephant would be dwarfed beside the remains of the god. It was long and slender with rows of thick teeth the width of tree trunks. There was no body attached and instead the dragon only remained as its head. Great antlers sprouted from the rear of the skull, the jaw of the dragon was massive and looked to be capable of crushing even ships with ease.

Standing before the mighty dead god was another dead god, Archlich Koryza. Slowly around her the peony flowers were turned a soft blue with white accents. A thousand necromancers had been gathered. Liches, death knights, any they could spare from the Deathborne front were brought. These walking dead stood in a massive ring around the skull with raised arms. Shadows gathered across the ground as the wind picked up. Koryza lifted her arms as her long loose sleeves blew back to her elbows. "Deathborne of Mersus, it is on this day that we resurrect the ancient god Shilong for our allies the Ryudeshi! Let us bring back the dragon's soul from the great chaos and show them that there is life after death and that even gods may yet join us!"
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Arael had never placed his faith in gods. The chants of weak men desperate for meaning grated on his ears. He pitied those who worshipped thoughtlessly. If gods existed, they were not to be trusted. Fickle and cold as the tides. Power, on the other hand... that Arael could understand. Power was worthy of faith, of worship. And before him stood power incarnate.

Arael and Koryza had their differences. Countless decades had allowed the Weaver of Shadows to see the archlich's strengths and weaknesses. She was not perfect. She was not a god, in his eyes. But she was the closest thing to it that he had ever come across. She was the only other 'living' entity that Arael placed his faith in. Even if she chased a pointless ideology, he could not help but admire her. He always had, ever since their first meeting over two centuries ago.

She made all my progress seem like a child's game.

As her voice echoed across the land, Arael shfited from his contemplation and threw a quiet glance to the kensei that stood to his right. The lich wondered how she felt about this. Was she indifferent? Did some part of her still yearn for simpler times?

I hope you know what you are doing, Koryza. If this dragon's loyalties remain with the Ryudeshi - we will only complicate our own betrayal. But Arael had learned that there was little usein questioning Koryza's wisdom. In all his time knowing her, she had never been wrong about the extent of her own powers.

Arael turned his own arms to the heavens, wreathing them in darkness and mustering his energies in preparation for the ritual. He was curious as to how Koryza intended to do this. If the creature had no body, surely a new one would need to be crafted. Such a thing was technically within his power... but it would be no easy task. He wondered if the dark lady had something else in mind.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

The collective necromantic energies pooled together creating a blob of power. Shadows, light, like so often they did in Mersian magic they swirled together. It mimicked the great chaos that they had witnessed in death. A constantly struggle of the void and light over supremacy, an ever raging battle. The mighty dragon skull lifted into the air as magic surged throughout it. Around them the flowers were uprooted and plucked right from the ground and joined the magical storm. Winds blew cloaks and clothing as it strengthened in power. Electricity filled the air and there came a feeling of unease that spread among all present. Surrounding the Deathborne were the Ryudeshi including a large number of dragon sages who watched with incredible interest.

Jihai walkted forwards while holding up his arms to protect his eyes. "Oh mighty Shilong! We beckon to you to return to the world of the living and once again guide the people of the Five Kingdoms, the new Ryudeshi Empire, and our eternally devoted lives. We live and die for you, you are the greatest of us and we wish to see you! We have summoned death itself to give you life again!" Then he bowed and many of the Ryudeshi followed suit. There was a grand gathering that numbered in the thousands who all wished to see Shilong for the very first time.

A blue fire started to grow within the eye sockets of the skull. The peony in the air started a vortex at the base of the head then spread out into a massive spindly body. Shilong took form with the flowers as its body as the head came to life. Koryza started to shake and finally collapsed onto the ground. Life had returned to the dragon and its head turned toward the West. "I'm, alive? I live!" Cheers were had all around and liches surrounded the Archlich to support her. Again Shilong spoke. "Now that I live I can, I can, I will! Die Barbarian King! Slayer of dragon-kind! Monster in human form, I will have justice!" The mighty dragon simply flew away West leaving behind a trail of flowers. Jihao and the Ryudeshi were utterly shocked and stayed silent.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Arael gazed with mounting apprehension and excitement as the Mersian ritual began to coalesce. Will we possess a deadly new ally, or a horrible enemy? Normally, Arael would not doubt Koryza's power to crush such a creature with her spellcraft - but the ritual was going to leave her hideously drained. He could tell that just as much as the other assembled mages.

Then... the dragon rose. Arael tensed, preparing to make himself ethereal in the event of the dragon turning on his followers. But it did no such thing. Instead with a proclamation of vengeance, it flew westward. Arael's first instinct was to laugh helplessly, but such a display did not befit his courtly demeanour. He suppressed his mirth, and his eyes roamed Koryza. Her reaction would set an appropriate example for the others. If she was angry, then he would be angry. If calm, then he would remain calm.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

The Archlich was helped to her feet as she held the sides of her head. Her eyes were drawn to the center of the gathering. Calmly she spoke with a tired voice. "What happened? Where is the dragon?" There was still a stunned silence among the Ryudeshi while the necromancers started mumbling to one another about what had just happened. A death knight walked forwards and raised their wicked sword. "Witness the might of the Deathborne, for we resurrected your god!" Others raised their implements of magic in celebration. The Ryudeshi stayed stunned. Jihao rose from his knees and approached the Archlich and Arael. Through his teeth he asked them a question. "What the fuck did you just do?"
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Arael glided past the archlich and moved to meet Jihao curtly. As Koryza was clearly very drained, Arael thought he would be doing her a service by speaking on her behalf. "We brought back your dragon for you. Truth be told, he was perhaps a little ungrateful. No matter, he goes now to ravage your enemies, and is freed from the cruel torment of death." Arael's tone had a half-bored quality to it. "And watch your tone. You address the archlich and prophetess Koryza. Mind your manners." The last three words Arael spoke forcefully, instilling the full force of his persuasive magic to its highest extent.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Jihao's mouth was agape as Arael spoke. "Now you listen here." He pointed a finger at the lich's chest then retracted it. "You can't speak like that." The Ryudeshi prince cradled his fingers and opened his mouth to speak but then hesitated. Koryza with help walked over towards the two. "It is alright Curator. He is just upset. This didn't go quite as planned." Then there was a look of astonishment on the prince's face. "Wait a minute, perhaps Shilong is trying to tell us. Yes, his divine sense of justice, which we must emulate. We should join him in battle against the ruthless Barbarians." Koryza's ethereal brows lowered and she cast a knowing glance at Arael and mentally communicated with him. "Oh death what is he thinking?"
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

"Something that can be turned to our advantage, my lady. Let the Ryudeshi mobilise against the barbarians. By spreading them thin we can further advance our own ends." Arael nodded solemnly to the Ryudeshi prince, as if in thoughtful agreement. "I believe you are right. I was thinking along the same lines, for what it is worth." His quick change in manner was surprising, as if he was suddenly utterly respectful of the prince's opinions.