Member Blog and Profile Rules
These are the rules of the member blog and community forum. Repeat offenders will be banned, so please do your best to follow the below content. We all need rules to abide by and most of the information should be common sense. But just to play on the safe side, here is an organized list of what is and isn't acceptable forum behavior.
1. Who can submit comments? All readers are welcome to submit comments when invited. We try to post as many comments as we can but can not guarantee every comment will be posted. That is what the internet is all about! However, as in any community, there have to be guidelines and rules. Submissions that do not follow those rules will not be considered for posting.
2. What are the main rules? This is a public forum so people have various shades of views. Be courteous and respect other readerís viewpoints. Make others feel comfortable about expressing their thoughts.
3. Lively debate is discouraged; we can't be around 24/7 to make sure you all behave. You can make everybody a lot happier if you don't encourage it on your blog. Your comments must not be personally abusive about people, including others who have had their comments posted. Never use threatening language or terms. This will get you banned without having your side of the story posted.
4. Do not use language or make comments that can be considered discriminatory on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual preference, nationality, age, disability, etc. Your comments must not contain defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise illegal material.
5. Putting whole words or sentences in CAPITAL letters is considered shouting in the internet world. This is unacceptable. Our moderators do not have the time to correct comments that use this method of getting a strongly held point across. Lots of exclamation marks are also annoying for readers. One used sparingly is enough, please!
6. Do not use text messaging short forms. Our moderators will sometimes change spelling or grammar so everyone can understand a submission. It would be appreciated if you could run your comments through a spell checker to speed up the posting process. Repeat offenders will have their submissions deleted and privileges removed.
7. Do not waste your time using the forums to try to spread gossip or make allegations about people. This is one of the reasons we have to moderate the forums. Disrupt the peace on these forums and you will be permabanned.
8. If you are a business or another forum, please do not use the forums to try to slip in free advertising. If we catch you, you will be banned depending on the severity of the incident.
9. By submitting a comment you are consenting to its display on the site. In submitting the comment, you are agreeing to abide by the rules, take responsibility for your comments and accept that these comments may be edited, deleted or not used.
10. All of Roleplay Adventure's forum rules and guideline apply and supersede these rules. What isn't ok on the forum is most definitely not ok on the member blog. Read them, follow them, and we won't have any problems. The forum and the blogs are both part of the same community.
11. Civility and courtesy in communication should be practiced by participants posting on the forums and blogs. All participants are free to express their opinions in a respectful manner. Disagreements will naturally arise, but personal attacks are never acceptable.
12. By posting on the forum you agree not to use the forums or blogs to send or post any message or material that is illegal, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, racially offensive, intentionally inaccurate or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to use this online community to communicate information or material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation. Any other unauthorized or illegal use of or activities on this board, including copyright infringement, are prohibited.
13. One online account (or username) is allowed per person. The creation of a duplicate account as an attempt to circumvent a suspension will result in further disciplinary action.
14. It is strongly recommended that you use discretion in sharing personal information, such as your address or telephone number, with other participants. When you post on the forums or blogs, your comments and username will be visible to the general public and indexed by search engines such as Google.
15. The Roleplay Adventures staff may, in itís sole discretion, remove or suspend your forum or blog privileges if the staff believes you are violating these rules.
16. We may add guidelines here from time and time as our community develops.
17. Although the forums and blogs are monitored regularly, they are not monitored on a 24-hour basis. When the staff becomes aware of a problem, it is reviewed and action is taken as soon as possible.
The forums and blogs are moderated to ensure that this online community is constructive and beneficial to as many people who want to enjoy a peaceful roleplaying atmosphere. Posting a message in one of the forums or on a blog constitutes your agreement to abide by the following rules and policies. These rules also apply to your communication with the team of moderators.
Tags for this Thread