Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Pursuit to the End of the World

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jaregon asked, "How would we get any of it to carry, and how would we do that then?"

Ahriten said, "I will reach in now, and I will hold the end of the rope with the grappler, and as I come with my arm out from there I will pull on the rope with that end taking what it grappled onto along. I have had some encounters with cold conditions in what I experienced, in which I still worked with things. It would be solid and we can just carry it in something, I can just use my coat for it. It will be evidence we bring then for other Ithalists to know we have found where any can get the frozen water, which they might get for themselves."

Jaregon then asked, "Where would you then stay? The access to this place runs through that space you used hidden away from others."

"I am still a known hero. I hope someone will respond to our discovery and with knowing who I am then offer me a new place to stay as I lost what I have had. But we should not let Eldersons or Arceusians know about where I have stayed or my involvement, or where I would be after this. Authorities will still be after me."

Fornesak said, "I do not think we should just let you lose a place and have nowhere to stay. I might not have as much room to give you as another, but if no one offers you a place to stay as you will need it, I will make the space I can manage for it available to you. It is true that we would make this way known to others so that they can come here, so you would no longer have that space for yourself."

Ahriten said, "Then I will reach in and pull out what I can of any of the frozen water there." He held the end of the rope where the grappler was attached, and reached in through the hole still holding that outward from his hand. Once his arm was way in, he was seen trying to do something with it in there, which must have been some difficulty while he necessarily kept his arm straight without moving it to any side. At length he said, "I have it!" He then carefully pulled his arm back, moving away from that hole. He held the rope, and pulled at it. Nothing yet happened, and he said, "I will need help to pull back hard enough for a broken part of that frozen water to be pulled out from there."

Fornesak and Jaregon agreed to help pull back on it, and they took their different positions for all to pull together at the same time, for some of the frozen water to break off to be pulled out. And they all pulled, with this taking some time.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

There was finally a loose frozen chunk breaking away, and Ahriten pulled it out through the effective vortex, that connected from there directly to the end of the world where water was all frozen. He then wrapped his coat all around it. He said, "Let us go back along the way which we came, we can go from where we entered out to meet with other Ithalists where they meet by themselves, to show this that we now knew Arceusians and Eldersons bring secretly for themselves."

They had to go back through that narrow tunnel to the opening they had gone through from the side of that canyon. Once out from it in the canyon, they saw the few animals that dwelt there pretty far in the distance. They then went back that way they had come, to reach the opening to that passage they came through to reach here. And here the light from the lantern Ahriten brought enabled them to return through that long way to the hole above them where they had entered this tunnel.

Here Ahriten told the two others, "This climbing rope I brought will now enable us to get back. I will go first, and one of you hold the frozen water that is wrapped up in my coat. When I am up there it can be passed to me, and each of you can climb out."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Both the others had to wait as Ahriten climbed up once the rope was securely held, trusting him to stay with the rope for them to come out after the great piece of frozen water was passed up. He was professional about it, wasn't he? Ahriten still had his code of team cooperation, and was there to help Fornesak out from that tunnel, and then Jaregon out from it. It was not long until they were all back in his hidden space.

Ahriten said then, "You might both go now, with the piece of frozen water, where you meet with other Ithalists to let them know of this which was hidden from us. I must stay hidden still. I know some who are also Ithalists would return here with you, after you have shown this evidence to them."

Fornesak said, "There is a place where we would be meeting this evening. Both of us can go there now and someone among them would be there, to whom we will show it, and more would soon find out. It might not take long." He looked at Jaregon. "We will go by the Doohop Bar, some will start meeting there right by it soon."

Ahriten said, "That will be fine. I am ready for this. Remember I need to hear you speak. Saying 'This is us' is good enough."

Fornesak and Jaregon then left that hidden spot, and went from there out from the park, the piece of frozen water now carried by Fornesak wrapped up in a towel from Ahriten's hidden space.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234