Thread: The Danger Out There

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Default The Danger Out There

I will start a new thread. One is interested in this, maybe I can have others.

A small village surrounded by wilderness has recently lost a hunter and also several explorers to the surrounding wilderness. It is suspected there is a dangerous creature taking unwary individuals captive, maybe devouring them. Volunteers are sent out to search for answers.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

So, @PRINCESS SARAH; it was you who were the one on my mind who would have interest in this. I post it here to see if any other would like to join in a group role-playing thread, but am not sure I can get any other, that hardly ever works for me. So I can easily put an in-character thread for this in the private roleplay forum.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Military, Slice of Life, Anime Fandoms
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I'm guessing this is kind of a medieval fantasy?
    "Good men mean well, we just don't always end up doing well."

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

If this is medieval fantasy, I'm interested.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

@Iratelrukandji; and @MidKnight; I prefer settings in a country or a world that doesn't correspond to the world of our industrial age, and it how I write things, including roleplay threads I start. They could be anything otherwise, certainly including medieval settings or ancient settings, or possibly settings in another world with people that corresponds to those. In what was suggested in my request, there would be several scattered cities further from the village, basically on one side, we can say to the south, and plenty of wilderness is left, while cities are not more developed than any of medieval settings, or even settings in antiquity. Creatures that are not human will still have places of their own. I can have it be a medieval setting if it is preferred.

If this interests either or both of you, we can discuss it a little further, and I can create an out of character thread where characters with their descriptions can be posted, and soon after an in character thread made for role-playing. Do let me know, that things can start for it.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Either way...I'm down!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Military, Slice of Life, Anime Fandoms
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I usually prefer guns and bullets, but I can make it work.
    I'm going to have to research what the best way to draw an odachi is.
    Last edited by omgLYNX; 09-21-2023 at 09:03 PM.
    "Good men mean well, we just don't always end up doing well."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

@Iratelrukandji; @MidKnight; here is what I had thought of for starting a thread for us. If you will be interested, work on a character with some description of appearance and abilities to post in an OC thread I will start with this beginning I can show.

A small village surrounded by wilderness has recently lost a hunter and also several explorers to the surrounding wilderness. It is suspected there is a dangerous creature taking unwary individuals captive, maybe devouring them. Volunteers are sent out to search for answers.

It was a small village in the wilderness north of the five city confederation. An inn, a tiny farm, and very few houses dotted the edges of the tree line. Yet, despite its quaint size, there were a fair amount of people occupying coming and going and crowding the inn. This village was a popular resting zone for a myriad of different people. Merchants, adventurers, and petty criminals alike passed through there quite often. There was often a bundle of brand new faces. Unsurprisingly when these visitors disappeared, they were simply assumed to have continued on their journey; leaving the village behind and making room for the next drifter. The problem only arose when a skilled hunter native to the village was the one who vanished. Something like that never happened before, and nobody expected it to happen to that particular hunter because of how competent he was known to be.

For weeks, the village hired those brave enough to go out into the wilderness and search for the hunter. Many took up the challenge, and yet, most of them came up empty handed. What was more interesting, however, was the fact that the latest group they'd hired didn't return at all. It was possible the group simply abandoned the job altogether, but some of the townsfolk didn't think it was that simple. Rumors spread that perhaps something killed those adventurers and, most likely, their hunter too. That curiosity was still enough for them to accept one more time a few bold and daring enough with some skills to survive that would go out and make their investigation for what things were happening in the wilderness, and provide any explanation for the loss of their fellow villager known to be the competent hunter.

There were inhabitants known to occupy much of the land who were other than human. But those ones left humans alone all the time human people left them alone. Every inhabitant of the village knew that needed to continue, and there was a code all could speak for leaving others among nonhuman inhabitants alone.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I do hope to hear expression of interest, with what is shown. I will consider suggested modification. If I would hear it, I can start the OOC thread where characters' descriptions would be shown, and what modifications to this start there are that would be shown in the IC thread that would come from this.