PDA

View Full Version : Northern Fury

SikstaSlathalin
11-02-2009, 11:24 PM
It was a bright moonlit night in the dead of winter, deep in the snowy north, the bone white moonbeams illuminate a clearing surrounded by skeletal trees. A mournful howl resonates through the sub-artic air. A lone gray wolf enters a lost male with a quick sniff of the air his ears perk then immediate jumps into an aggressive stance as his blood enemy the wolverine bounds into the grove. The weasel snarls and locks his gaze on the gray adversary. They both take a step further toward the center and begins circling the outskirts of their wild battlefield. As the ancient berserkers once did the big dog charges but the wolverine unsheathes his deadly razor-like nails to add extra grip as he executes his own charge. With a mighty thud the combatants collide at the core of the natural arena. The kinetic force knocks them back but like the wind they spike back up and carry on. Unnatural speed invades the rodent who lunges at Wolf slashing the fur of it’s forelimb they flutter off into the bitter night. The surprised canine chomps on his attacker’s paw but before he could pull back a loud snort comes from Wolverine and he begins pummeling the wild dog with his free paw in an attempt to liberate his captured appendage.
Soon Wolf is dazed but he clamps down even harder and thrashes his head trying to rip the leg away from it’s owner. Finally with a pained growl Wolverine brings his heavy paw down upon his rival’s skull and with a loud yip Canis Lupus lets go and Gulo gulo yanks his gashed arm back while he snaps at Wolf with his sharp fangs and sinks them into wolf flesh.

Quick on the draw Wolf smacks Wolverine’s brown head away. With a stagger the giant weasel retreats slightly likewise with Wolf. Warm crimson droplets pierce the whiteness beneath them as blood trickles from their wounds. They breath with synchronized pants Wolverine shifts off his injured paw now with three mighty limbs firmly planted he grunts indicating to Wolf that’s it’s his move. But the wild dog takes this interval to catch his breath. The moon was embarking it’s nightly slope from the peak of the ebony sky to the distant horizon. A fierce growl rings out as then Wolf runs at the weasel ramming it full-on unable to evade his opponent took it head first the blow sent him tumbling back at crashing into a frozen maple.

Wolverine lies still as death thinking he has won Wolf stalks closer to the still body to smell it but gives a surprised yelp instead. The stout beast springs back to life to pounce on Wolf pinning him to the cold tundra he tries to bite his enemy’s throat, but Wolf blocks with it’s paw then kicks his attacker over his body. Wolverine attempts to regain his demeanor while the gray wolf howls deeply to call his pack in. Many separate responses simultaneously break the tense atmosphere. Wolf watches his antagonist with what almost appears to be a devilish smile as six other wolves run in from the darkness and surround Wolverine snarling. Knowing this is his last fight the monster bares his bloody teeth and claws preparing to go down fighting. The pack descends upon the weasel. With a mighty swing he breaks an attacking wolf’s jaw. He acts on a whim and tries to run but is dragged back by three dogs. So he tackles the wolf with the bum jaw and slashes it’s gullet leaving it to bleed to death. The remain lot all jump on Wolverine shredding his flesh before the great northern spirit takes him he locates his original adversary then executing his final attack he buries his fangs into Wolf crushing his windpipe. With a triumphant snarl he vanishes under a layer of enraged wolves.

Mysteria
11-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Siks, I truly enjoyed reading this. I do hope you will share more of your work with us!

SikstaSlathalin
11-09-2009, 05:16 PM
I have some more up I should've edited them more since I wrote them when I was about 14,15

Cleopatra
11-26-2009, 02:32 AM
It's very good; the descriptions you use are very clear and give good images of the surroundings. The grammar and the way you change the names of the wolf and wolverine are confusing though. If you edited that though then it'd be a good piece of work.

SikstaSlathalin
11-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Cool I was thinking about that.