PDA

View Full Version : Mystery in the Sand OOC - Recruiting

TheDashingRogue
12-23-2010, 09:58 PM
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7083/mysteryinthesand2.png

>>> Music to get you in the mood <<< (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYbcgODfMyk)

Mystery in the Sand is an adventure roleplay set in the 1920s
which will take you on a journey across the globe in search of a long lost treasure!

------------------

The general RPA rules are to be followed lest you be struck down by boils, pustules and other horrific ailments.

Have you ever wanted to roam the rolling sands of Egypt? Fight bloodthirsty criminals and mercenaries? Or even explore the long lost tomb of an ancient Pharaoh? Then this role-play is most definitely for you.

You will play as a member of a team of treasure hunters, explorers and other such characters after the undiscovered treasures of the Fifth Dynasty Pharaoh Neferirkare Kakai. Your travels in search of this treasure will take you from the grimy alleys of 1920s Chicago, amongst the priceless artefacts of the British Museum in London, through the dusty streets of Cairo, across the endless sands of the Egyptian desert and to the Pharaohs pyramid itself (assuming you reach that far).

The team will be quite small, consisting of myself and 4 others, so 5 in total, so we aren't all waiting for everyone to post and no one gets left behind.

I'd prefer people that are able to post fairly frequently without disappearing. If you're unsure as to whether this could be a problem, PM me your situation and I'll get back to you. This RP is quite strongly structured and I hope we can finish it together.

You are fairly free to create whatever character you want, perhaps they fit an archetype? Are they a gunslinger? Maybe a professor? A gangster? Scholar? Ancestor? Greedy merchant? Ex-soldier? There will be limited spaces and your character will not be selected on a first-come first-served basis, so don't rush, take your time and make them original. I will ask, however, that you describe your character's appearance with words, not pictures.

It's the 1920s, so please, no futuristic technology, no bazillion guns strapped to your back and no jet packs. Choose equipment that your character would be able to carry by themselves (although you can be a little generous just like in an adventure film, I'll let you know if you can carry more or need to lighten the load) and might be expected from the time. No one is able to carry everything, and in many cases you might acquire new equipment in a certain chapter.

You needn't be totally specific with weapons, they aren't the entire point of this role-play, so for those of you without an innate knowledge of weapons a simple visual description of a "long bladed knife" or "rusty bolt-action rifle" will suffice.

The mood of this role-play is somewhat light-hearted, akin to an adventure film, with no excessively visceral violence but quite a few confrontations for gunfights and fisticuffs and the occasional bit of cloak-and-dagger. Cheesy one-liners and unnecessary exclamations earn you my respect. Refrain from excessive cursing, so nothing that you wouldn't see too often in a family film.

In certain parts of the RP you will be confronted with challenges for your character, which you will (probably) achieve with little trouble. Obviously you'll want to complete them, and I want you to as well, but try to add a bit of flare and danger. If you have to jump a chasm, by all means make it, but one of you should take it upon yourselves to make it only far enough to grab hold of the ledge and provide something of a spectacle. You aren't invincible and you certainly aren't perfect, so the occasional crack to the jaw or grazing shot in a fight is expected on the odd occasion

Write as though you're an actor in an adventure film. Perhaps you've seen Indiana Jones, or one of The Mummy films. Remember the moments where the hero almost didn't make it, and you'll do just fine.

The RP will run its course through a variety of "Chapters", each in a separate location in the world. I will act as the narrator and the leader of the team (to keep things running smoothly) and set out the premise of each section and what the team needs to achieve.

You will need to provide a small sample, a paragraph or two, of your writing style and capabilities in the OOC for you to show off your skills. You can also use this to place your character in a scenario of your own choosing to show me what they're like and how you intend to play them.

I want to create an RP that's both fun to write and to read, that takes you across the world to a variety of settings and enables you to write amazing sequences and dramatic events.

And I hope you do too.

Please take the time to post below if you're interested, I'd like as many people as possible to apply (which GM wouldn't?) please don't be put off if you aren't accepted - I may repeat this RP with different scenarios at a later date if this proves to be successful.It is the 1920s - a time of exploration, aspirations and the search for success. For some people this means starting a business, or inventing a technological marvel. For those select few who are mad enough to chase their dreams it is a time for adventure...

You have been contacted, through sealed letter, by the mysterious and eccentric businessmen Mr Robert Cavendish, of the famous Cavendish & Associates Auction Houses, in correspondence to his latest, last and greatest venture for fame, fortune and intrigue!

For your own reasons, ones that cannot possibly be fathomed by any reasonable person, you have accepted the mysterious offer - and head eagerly towards the dark Chicago speakeasy where your adventure will begin...The Role-Play will be structured around several "Chapters" which I have already (more or less) planned. Each will be introduced by myself with both an IC and an OOC post. Chapter-specific information will be included, such as extra equipment, starting locations and goals.

1. Chicago
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???

The settings of the chapters will be revealed as you reach the prior chapter - so, for example, when you reach Chapter 2, Chapter 3's location will be revealed. The number of chapters might change before I start the IC and I may add more if we're moving too quickly or we need a change of location.

If, for whatever reason, some people are unable to continue, then I will most likely find a way to incorporate new characters to the group in the next chapter. So if you aren't accepted initially, this may mean you are accepted at a later date.

There will be opportunities, towards the end, for your character to make some very important decisions...

Name: Your characters name.
Age: Good range of ages here please, although no decrepid oldies and no teenagers. 20 years minimum late 40 maximum.
Nationality: Again, a good range would be nice - but not necessary.
Appearance: Either words or pictures (or both) are perfectly fine here (no anime, purely because this RP is set in the real world, but realistic art and photos are good). Please no overly scarred characters or ones with heterochromia - or you'll make me cry.
Voice: How your character speaks, whether they have an accent or not, speak fast or slow etc etc. Your choice how you describe it.
Clothing: A large part of your character's identity. You don't have to describe every little detail down to your socks, but general info should be fine. Dress for adventure, people!
Weapons: 1920s is the key here, so try to make sure your weapons are suitable for the time period. Gun-wise you don't have to list the exact make and designation (unless you really want to). You might also want to carry some close quarters weapons (knives, knucles etc). Not every character has to carry a small arsenal, I'll let you know if you're carrying too much/too little. If you're short of ideas here then leave it blank and I'll write you some loadouts :)
You can also look here for some inspiration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_infantry_weapons_of_World_War_I). Don't forget Wild-West style weapons are suitable also.
Equipment: Anything that isn't necessarily a weapon but your character might use. Not too important or necessary but it can add a little something extra to your character. Your character might also be given equipment throughout the Role-play.
Background: This is where you can really show off your character with a colourful backstory and a bit of depth to them. Don't skimp on the details - and don't rush!
Other: Anything about your character that can't be placed in the above fields.
Writing Example: A spoilered part of your character sheet in which you can write your character into a scenario of your choice to "show them off". Probably one of the most important parts of the sheet; it gives me a good idea of your writing style/skill and, even more important, the nature of your character. Should be something similar in size to an average IC post.

There's extra character creation advice in the intro, so don't forget to read it again if you've gotten stuck.
Name:
Nationality:
Appearance:
Voice:
Clothing:
Weapons:
Equipment:
Background:
Other:
[*hide=Writing Example][/hide*]
1. TheDashingRogue [RESERVED]

This Roleplay is NOT first-come first-served, I will be setting a deadline for final submission of character sheets (if there is enough interest) after which I will pick characters based on depth, appropriateness and effort. This is because there's only a limited number of spaces and I don't want someone being pipped at the post just because they couldn't post up a sheet after a day or two.
Join me, and together we shall reach the fabled Hall of Fame!

TheDashingRogue
12-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Name: Robert Cavendish
Nationality: English
Appearance: http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/4/6/1270579821736/Charles-Brewer-Carias-001.jpgClothing: Beige short-sleeved shirt and khaki-coloured canvas trousers over black cavalry boots. Also wears a Pithe helmet, leather gloves and a monocle.
Voice: Rather low and clear upper-crust English accent.
Weapons: Webley Revolver
Equipment: A seemingly bottomless hip flask, a small waist-pack and a smoking pipe.
Background: Robert Cavendish was brought up in a very comfortable household on his family's estate in the Midlands and has lived a life of affluence. He was well educated, attending Cambridge University, and earning his qualifications in Finance before following his father's footsteps in managing a string of auction houses.
When the market for auctioned goods moved to the increasingly wealthy America - Robert followed, increasing his funds by supplying the vast amount of wealthy American businessmen with countless European and Egyptian Artefacts.
In recent years, Cavendish has become somewhat of a recluse, retreating out of public life and selling off large amounts of his property to hire private detectives and investigators from around the world, buying seemingly worthless items of antiquity and reaching, as one might put it, a dead end.
Other: Cavendish frequently takes to drinking and/or smoking when the mood takes him.
"Capital, just capital!"

Cavendish smiled as he walked slowly around the ancient sarcophagus, lightly running his hand over the cracked surface. It was better than his dreams ever told him it would be. Standing a little over four feet tall, this tiny tomb was worth more than an entire neighbourhood of luxurious housing, and it meant the world to him.

He turned to face the bespectacled man waiting quietly in the corner.

"I'll take it!" he exclaimed, hurriedly retrieving the dog-eared bank-book from his pocket and writing out a cheque. He ripped the expensive scrap of paper out and extended it towards the attendant (who was wearing an even more gleeful expression) before pausing suddenly. His face hardened and the cheque was pulled back slightly, the elderly gentleman raising a superior eyebrow.

"At my price... of course."

The attendant's eyes grew wider and his lips began to utter soundless words of protest. Cavendish's voice oozed with an antiquated charm.

"Come now Mr Ajarat! Let us not beat about the bush and all that - me and your father were the very greatest of friends you know!"

They hadn't been, of course, but it is a businessman's prerogative to say such things. They had, in fact, been opponents of sorts; but the inexperienced salesman would not risk opposing the supposed wishes of his dead father. A tactic the late Mr Ajarat would have just as eagerly used had he the same advantage.

With a muttering of Hindi the younger man leant forward to grasp the cheque.

"Jolly good show!" Cavendish laughed, slapping a hand round the shoulders of the young Indian man and leading him away from the exhibit.

Sir Manguydude
12-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Name: Jazeps Miervaldis
Nationality: Latvian American
Appearance: His blue eyes have lost much of their glow, and his hair is receding and gray. Jazeps has seen war, and war has seen to make its mark. Jazeps appears to be 10 years older then he actually is. His face is creased with wrinkles. He has managed to keep his body in good shape. He has a circular scar about the size of a penny on the outside of his left arm, towards his elbow, and a nickle sized circular scar on the inside of his left arm.
Clothing: He wears a tan pair of pants, and a white long sleeve button up shirt. He covers his head with a tan trilby hat.
Voice: He speaks with authority. Sometimes come off as arrogant.
Weapons: M1917 Enfield
Colt M1911
Trench Knife
Equipment: Flashlight, lighter, a pack of cigarettes
Background: Jazeps was drafted into the US Army during WWI and was placed in the US Army I Corps. He drudged on and on through endless trench warfare for the next year. He had witness a lot of his platoon die right in front of him. He was rotated out after receiving a gunshot wound in his arm during the third phase of the Meuse-Argonne Offensive.

Having not gone to school, he has been working odd jobs wherever he can find them, as he has come to realize that the army was all he knew.
Other: Smokes in order to relax.
Tension filled the air. We knew that most of us would not come out of this alive, but we had to do this. Those damn Germans on the other side of the NML were about to get what was coming. A call to fix bayonets was heard, as we all complied, pushing ourselves up to the trench wall, ready to run for our lives.

We made it about 10 seconds before the machine guns started firing at us. I got something wet on my face, but I shrugged it off. Blood was like war paint here.

"Keep going!"

I shouted as loud as I could, taking sight down my Enfield. With a loud crack, one of those bloody germans on the MG placement was removed from life. We were approaching their trench line rapidly. The Shrill of artillery was too late, our surprise attack had worked.

The howl of a man was heard across the battlefield, followed by a roar of anger. The stock of the Geweher splintered and broke over the pointed helmet of the German soldier laying in front of Jazep. He was knocked out cold.

A wound on Jazep's left arm was dripping blood. The adrenalin had dulled the pain, but now his arm hung lifeless, his humerus shattered where the bullet had entered and exited it. Using a strip of the dead soldier's uniform and a large chunk out of the Geweher, Jazep fashioned a makeshift tourniquet.

He pull his gas mask up from his face, and quickly wiped off the tears from his eyes and the lenses of the mask, before replacing it on his face.

soullesshuman
12-24-2010, 12:33 AM
OOOOOooooooh.

I like this.

I'll work on a character sheet here in a small bit.

Alice
12-24-2010, 12:37 AM
I haven't read everything nor started on my character sheet, but I'LL HAVE IT UP AS SOON AS I CAN! :D

TheDashingRogue
12-24-2010, 12:38 AM
I'm not overly keen on the first person style of writing Manguydude - not that there's anything explicitly wrong with it, it's just personal taste on my part :)

Would you be comfortable writing in 3rd person?

EDIT: Make sure you do read everything Camille, I wouldn't want you to miss anything ;)

StormWolf
12-24-2010, 01:10 AM
IM reserving a spot

Gunnison
12-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Don't think you can reserve a spot StormWolf, you have to post up a CS and hope that it gets accepted :D

StormWolf
12-24-2010, 01:33 AM
We shall see....

soullesshuman
12-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Name:
Alicel Cheshire
Nationality:
American
Appearance:
Alicel is a tall, slender woman who is not so different from her peers. She has dark hair and deep brown eyes, and carries herself with confidence and arrogance. In fact, she is quite scandalous in the fact that she openly wears men's clothing, tailored to fit her curves. Her dark complexion only expresses her tendency to be outside, working a man's job rather than her proper womanly duties.
Voice:
She speaks with confidence, and rarely does it waver, with a lazy accent that is more of not bothering to make her words proper than from where she comes from.
Clothing:
Alicel wears men's clothing openly, putting on pants and shirts, not even going anywhere near a dress or even proper gloves. She prefers anything tight on her body, as well as light clothes so that she can move as much as she pleases.
Weapons:
A small knife and a single pistol, along with her wits.
Equipment:
Some rope, a compass, a belt containing multiple pockets containing:
Pistol Bullets
Tightly-packed water flasks
Tinder & Flint
A Swiss Army Knife with a cork remover, nail filer, multiple knives, and more.
Background:
Alicel was raised without a mother figure to look up to, and a father figure that she both respected and feared. When he was sent off for the World War, she was taken to her aunt on the farm. She desperately hated the restrictions she felt when around her aunt, and soon ran away from her family. Since then she largely welcomed the edgy and new fashions, then decuded to make a name for herself and show off that women, too, can be talented in every field, including treasure hunting.
Other:
She has been known to throw a fit if she feels her pride is being hurt and she is being looked down upon for her gender.

[NOTE: This is from another RP with another character. I hope it's suitable.]

And as the patient wandered the nightmare realm, he smiled to himself at his loneliness. This land was barren, not even the life of plants provided him company here. He enjored the sound of crunching, it reminded him of a time where he was alone in the snow in the middle of a snowstorm, how the snow crunched beneath his boots and how the world swirled in white and black. He sighed a moment in relaxation, before tensing up as he felt a presence by him.

Amadeus paused in his walking and opened his eyes, looking over at the man he knew all too well, if not by personally meeting him then merely by the dream-world knowledge he had acquired over his time here. He looked once more, far away, to that land he knew as a world of beauty and joys... and people, far too many people for his liking. His head cocked to one side, his mouth and body emotionless as his thoughts ran slowly but surely, working through the haze of sleep.

Then, the Wanderer nodded. Who would refuse a request from this man, after all? However, he did not bow, as he knew most would. Instead, he merely nodded in acceptance and recognition, along with a dry grunt. After some time in some more deep thought, he spoke quietly. Amadeus's voice was crackled with what sounded much like flames on wood, although he nor anyone else seemed to notice this. Who would notice such a thing, in a world of monsters even the most humanoid creatures spoke in a manner not human at all?

"Where to?" He growled lightly, openly in his hostility towards this invasive creature upon his sight and his presence. He despised company, anyone who knew him knew thus... including this man. Most especially this man. "...and what's in it for me?" He asked quietly, his claws clicking together threateningly, yet only expressing his increasing anger and hostilty.

StormWolf
12-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Name: Raymond "Ray" Murphy Rich
Nationality: 2nd generation Irish American
Appearance: http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jdm295.jpg
While Ray is not the tallest man around - standing at a modest 5'7", he makes up for his lack in vertical superiority with a powerful physique and stellar physical fitness. His hands are rough with calluses due to the time he spent outside working in the fields and factories and his hairy chest has a few scars from his time in the Marines during World War I.

Voice: Ray's voice was deep and smooth, once upon a time, but smoke and drink have added a subtle rasp to his voice. One can faintly hear the hint of an Irish accent on his words - almost nonexistent.

Clothing: Ray wears pretty commonplace clothing from his home state of Massachusetts - denim jeans, worn leather cowboy boots, a thick leather belt, and a long sleeve cotton shirt with a tan-brown vest. The one thing that will never be seen far from Ray or off of his shoulders is his brown leather jacket with a wool-lined collar. The jacket belonged to his brother who was an aviator in World War I, and was passed to Ray after his brother's passing shortly after the war. To top it off, Ray wears a brown handkerchief around his neck to keep sweat at bay and a brown leather fedora on his head to protect him from the sun.

Weapons: http://www.novaksights.com/images/GUNS/wayne%27s%20collection/colt%201911,%201911a1/coltL7050w.jpg
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/fe/Smith%26WessonModel29.jpg/500px-Smith%26WessonModel29.jpg
http://westernandwildlifewonders.com/shop/catalog/images/WHipPro.JPG
http://knivesandmore.biz/images/Italian_Stiletto_Automatic_Knife_Wood_Handle.jpg

Equipment:He has a pouch-heavy leather belt with: Journal and pen, cigar case with a seemingly endless supply of cigars, matches, bifocals, a timepiece, a rosary, and a flask of moonshine.

Background: Raymond Rich grew up in an overflowing household - two bedrooms, two baths, twelve children and two parents. Ray and his brother Roy were the oldest two of the dirty dozen. Ray and Roy were almost co-dependant off of one another, always helping another with chores, taking care of the sibling and the parents, and being back-to-back in alley scraps with other boys. When the call came for able bodied men to enlist to fight the German menace overseas in the first World War, Ray and Roy scrambled to sign up so that they may get away from their family.

Roy was always the smarter of the two intellect-wise while Ray always had the stronger street smarts. Because of Roy's superior intellect, he was put in the Air Force while Ray's brawn and ability to improvise placed him in the Marine Infantry Corps. Both boys made it through World War I alive and intact, though they both had their fair share of scars. Roy, however, was not as intact as everyone thought. He had accidentally bombed a civilian hospital in one of his air raids instead of an enemy hospital, killing hundreds of innocent people. Roy was never the same, and eventually used his Wesson 44 for what it was intended for - ending the suffering of a pilot who was suffering. Roy left everything to Ray - his jacket, the gun Roy used to kill himself, and a sealed letter he had received in the mail by a man named "Robert Cavendish". Roy's suicide note was attached to the unopened letter and it read:

Dear Ray,
You were always the adventurous one. I hope you have the adventure of a lifetime. See the world and leave your mark.

With much love,
your brother Roy.

Other: Ray does not take being called short very well and doing so will likely end with fists flying and Ray knocking out some teeth. He also does not refer to his brother in the past-tense. He says "my brother is" instead of "my brother was" when he speaks. He does this partly because he is still trying to accept that his brother committed suicide and also because he believes that his brother is still with him in spirit - guiding him.

The sun finally set and the gas lamps around the city slowly came to life. Automobiles chugged and honked their way down trash filled streets and the men and women of the night came out to strut or beg. It was a odd time, when one moment a man might see a woman covered in head to toe in fine silks, furs, pearls, and precious metals and then one step behind her he sees a homeless man who looked like he hasn't bathed in months. Raymond was closer to the latter, sitting on a barstool in a little hole-in-the-wall speakeasy owned by a family friend. Ray got what he paid for here. While he got to drink for free, the lager was like piss and the smoke in the air was so thick that it made a ritual smoker like Ray choke.

There was a ruckus everywhere Ray looked, the worst being some of the locak Italian boys acting like they owned the place; groping the women and pushing the men around. Damned Italians always put themselves above everyone else because they wore some nice suits. Someone was going to have to put them in their place some day soon.

"Hey! Leprechaun!" one of the Italians hollared over to Ray, shoving him off of his barstool, "You know, I've seen you haul your ragged ass in here, day after day, and yet I never see you drop a dime on the counter. What's with that? Too short to see the prices or do you just vanish under the counter?" Ray had already been pissed the past week due to his brother's suicide, and the alcohol and short jokes were not helping his already-hot temper.

"Listen here you greasy fu-" Ray started when he got slapped in the face by the Italian. The greasy-haired suit smirked and held his hand over Ray's head by a few inches.

"Hey, you need to be this tall to argue with me." the Italian snickered, backed up by the laughing of his completely sloshed comrades. Ray had had enough. It looked like the someone who was going to put these Italians in their place was going to be him. Lucky day.

"Fine, Billy. We'll play your way." Ray sneered before punching the Italian in the groin and smashed a bottle of whisky over the olive-skinned pretty boy's head, making him writhe at Ray's booted feet.

"Listen here, Billy. Everyone answers to someone." Ray gave Billy a firm kick in the spleen before sitting back on his heels and holding his hand an inch over Billy's head. "And keep in mind that you need to be this tall to crack wise and not get an ass-kicking." Ray have Billy a pat on the cheek and stepped out of the speakeasy after paying the owner for damages so he could catch his train to Chicago.

Walking towards the station, Ray put his hands in his pockets, feeling the folded note his brother had passed on to him upon his death. What kind of adventure was Roy referring to? Sure, the Marines was definitely exciting - perhaps too exciting, but why insist that Ray go to Chicago when it was obviously Roy they were expecting? If this "Cavendish" fellow wanted Roy, it must have been for his brain - a brain that Ray was lacking in the book-smarts department.

"I hope you know what you are getting me in to, Roy..." Ray mumbled as he boarded the train.

Sir Manguydude
12-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Not as good at doing 3rd person, but there you have it, I did post a 3rd person writing example. I just find it harder to get the inner workings of a character in that form.

StormWolf
12-24-2010, 06:57 AM
True, but it isn't impossible.

TheBaron
12-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Mystery In the Sand

Name: Nathan Bird
Nationality: British

http://laborparty.files.wordpress..com/2007/11/pete_bw.gif
Minus the tattoos and the other modern things.

Talks in a slow deliberate way laced with a British Accent.
Clothing: He has no specific preference in clothing. He will wear anything that looks good and isn't to dirty. This suits his personality and is typical of said personality.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/Mauser_m98.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_Zig-Zag
http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/fs/p1/3tum/3tum_rf01.jpg

http://www.collectibles-articles.com/antique/collectible-image-large/antique-1920s-violin-w-case-bow-jg-co-made-in-usa_200530660672.jpg

Nathan grew up poor in England his father worked in a factory and his mom worked in a cannery. However despite all this, he grew up relatively happy because he was a only child so it wasn't hard to provide for them since he wasn't a very demanding child. The only thing he wanted was to play music. He had wanted to ever since had heard a symphony in a concert hall. He hadn't actually been in the concert hall but had been sitting outside a open window with some of his friends. He soon found out that his mother had a old violin that she had inherited from her late brother but did not know how to play it. He taught himself how to play and found that he excelled at it and his life continued on from that point as it normally had. He had fun with his friends, he had good relationships with both his parents, and he filled the life of those and around him and himself with music. Then it all changed. His mother fell into one of the machines and quite obviously died. It destroyed his world and his fathers life. He father had been a strong but kind and peaceful man turned into a raging monster of a man. He turned abusive so Nathan left. He used his talents and the excess of emotion that he had after his tragedy to advance his musical career and gained a sponsor to get him through high school and then college. Now he looking for something to do.

He has also through his college career learned how to play the piano.

Nathan sighed sitting on the roof of the castle. The stars were everywhere and the moon was bright. There were few clouds in the sky but in the distance clouds could be seen hovering dark and ominous over the nightmare realm. The wind was blowing gently rustling the trees below. It also blew over the top of the castle and ruffled his hair and combed through the feathers on his wing. He sniffed the air tentatively. "It is going rain soon so the ball will be inside." He rolled over and fell gently into sleep.

He rolled back over in the morning after yet another dreamless night. His nights were always like that long and dreamless. All he ever remembered of them was darkness and a bit of sadness. He stood up and felt the wind ruffle through his hair again and felt it once again comb through his wings. He heard people calling his name. He smiled a little. He was king now and that made him in charge and he smiled and the frantic way the people looked for him when then needed a major decision made. He smiled and walked forward off the edge and landed in front of two of his handlers, "Well let us go there are preparations to be made also it will be raining the night of the ball. So let us adjust our plans accordingly." He lead them into the castle.

He walked through the hall. Now bedecked with flowers and other fun party type things. He smiled and leaned in to smell the flowers. "Ah these are quite beautiful smelling." He turned and almost ran into a servant girl who was carrying a heavy plate full of food. She fell and dropped the plate. He caught her and it gracefully and pulled her to her feet. "Careful if you are not careful you won't be able to attend the party." The girl looked at him shocked and blushed deeply, "Y-yes o-of c-course..." He smiled as she rushed off plate of food in hand. He smiled and continued down the hall.

The day of the party was almost upon them. He sat on the roof once more. This time he had brought a cat up their with. He stroked the creature lightly and scratched it between the ears and he meowed and purred at him happily. He smiled and scratched th creature again. He was facing away from the Nightmare Realm and was watching as the rain clouds he had predicted bore down upon his light world. He sighed, "It will rain all day tomorrow." He frowned just slightly and sighed. Rain was unusual in this the Light Kingdom. It drizzled enough to make sure that drought was never a problem. However, real rain was a different thing. It meant that great change and perhaps great sorrow were coming upon them. He shook his head and the cat ran from his as though away from the rain clouds.

He looked out the window at the rain. He had been right he had woken to the rain. It was beautiful as everything was in this the realm of dreams. It tapped gently on his window and formed a symphony that he could rise out of his black dreamless state to. He grinned. No matter that it was a strange occurrence. He enjoyed it all the same. It had rained when he first came here as well. He looked out the window at the carriages and people coming towards the castle for the party. "Let this begin."

Alice
12-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Shádí Demir

Shah-dee Deh-meer

Female

Mid- to late-twenties

Turkish-American

A darker tone of hair that flows down to her lower back; somewhat murky, honey-shade eyes set on a smooth, round face along with thin but rosy lips. A fit and curvy body, standing at a solid 5’7”. Hardly ever seen without a cigarette between her fingers.
Snapshot (http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/TR-Alice/Tuba_Buyukustun_by_paradox1299.jpg)

A gentle, but authoritative voice with a slight Turkish accent nearly impossible to distinguish.

Although being a woman, Shadi never gave much thought to the latest fashion, glamour, nor any such thing. Flappers and boas were neglected by her, and pants chosen over dresses for any occasion. Her general attire consisted of a top with tight-fitting but comfortable slacks, boots barely reaching her knees, and a beige parka (http://www.sterlingmotorcycles.com/images/parka%20lady%20555_big.jpg) usually worn unbuttoned.

Colt M1911, trench knife (http://www.extremeblades.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/trench-knife.jpg) with hand guard knuckles.

An ill habit of smoking doesn’t permit the female to leave the house without a pack of cigarettes. Other than that, a notebook with a writing utensil, a wallet, a pocket watch and a water flask sum up her equipment.

Although born in Turkey, it would be proper to say that most of the female’s life was spent in the US. She was brought up and raised in the states until adulthood, which, in her case, arrived at an early age. Never content to stay in one location for too long, she traveled as much as her finances allowed, teaching as a professor wherever her current home was. By the time she was capable of comprehending the exact concepts of war, though, the first World War had already been brought to a conclusion.
Being a professor, she specializes in cultural landmarks, capital/important cities, and of the like. Her teaching mostly rotates around sharing information about the most valuable places in the world with her students.
Upon receiving the letter from Cavendish, Shadi herself cannot fathom what exactly brought her to accept the invitation. Sure, most of the destinations are included in her area of expertise, but maybe it was the hint of adventure, exploration, or fame… Who knows.

Other: Her order of actions usually include a definite, “I-know-what-I’m-doing” aura about them.

A soft sigh, a turn of the head.

She clasped the smooth, cold fountain pen in her right hand and moved in a brisk manner to sign the several documents. Upon completion, she handed them to the student in front of her wordlessly. The student turned on his heel, as if meaning to leave the room, then turned back around.

“Ms. Demir, I apologize, it slipped my mind. This envelope came for you several days ago,” he said. The envelope was slipped out of his pocket and handed to the professor at her desk.

Shadi took a drag of smoke, the cigarette in her left hand, before reaching to take the envelope. She gave it once-over before looking up and nodding. “Thanks.”
The boy left the room.

Upon opening the seal, she skimmed through the letter, then dropped it on her desk. Venture for fame, fortune, and intrigue…? The last sentence in the letter was read more than a few times. Why would she abandon everything she had so far accomplished to go on a fool’s adventure for fame?

Another drag of smoke, a few more minutes. Then, the female rose from the desk chair, left the envelope on the desk, and walked out of the room… to pack.

Gunnison
12-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Name: Léon Rousseau
Nationality: French Algerian
Appearance: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2492/frenchflegion2.pngVoice: A dry French accent that has been slightly affected by life amongst North African natives.

Clothing: Though no longer part of the Legion, Léon still wears the traditional white Kepi whilst in hotter climates (though the cap and the neck cover has since turned a mottled beige hue through everyday use). He wears a full sleeve khaki shirt tucked into white linen trousers, with white bracers attached to the trousers going over his shoulders (though originally white, both the bracers and the linen trousers have also since turned a beige hue through constant use and wear). For footwear he wears a pair of plain black infantry boots, with the linen trousers tucked inside.

In colder climates he wears a navy blue beret, a black woollen pullover on top of a simple white vest, with dark brown cotton trousers and a pair of black leather working shoes.

Weapons: http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/c96-1.jpg

Given as a gift upon retirement from the Legion, the venerable C96 Mauser 10-round is Léon's handgun of choice.http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/556/sabeles1.jpg
Though unable to wield the Sabre in Western metropolitan areas, Léon is free to carry his sword in the more uncivilised areas of the world (though always in a Scabbard).Equipment:
A leather bound writing pad, used as a notebook and diary
A Hand compass
Stainless steel Couteau Suisse

Background: Léon was born into a family of French colonials living in Algeria in the midst of the régime d'exception and, as such, was brought up with a sense of superiority over the native population.

Upon reaching the age of 17, Léon was recruited into the French Foreign Legion (a natural move for many young French men living in Algeria at the time). For the next 15 years he served in the Legion, completing tours in Algeria and Morroco, eventually gaining the rank of Adjudant Sous-Officier in 1914, the year war broke out in mainland Europe. With the Foreign Legion called to serve in Europe, he found himself pressed into service for the Triple Entente. Having survived the Great War, he endured a further year of service in the Legion before an honourable discharge sent him back to his native Algeria.

Though initially welcoming of this new found freedom, Léon soon found himself in need of paid work, the Legion Pension not proving quite as supportive as he had once expected in the post-war era. Not only this, but he found himself longing for the more adventurous days he had experienced in his youth.

It is for these reasons, both financial and personal, that the invitation from Cavendish was one he could ill afford to ignore.

Other: Ingrained into him from a colonial upbringing, Léon maintains a natural belief of superiority over the native people of North Africa, particularly of Morrocco and Egypt. Though not openly hostile, he finds it difficult to believe their word and trust them.

Léon made his way through the seething crowds of people, eager to get out of the stifling heat of the Moroccan sun. The journey to Casablanca had been a long one, most of which had been spent inside hot and somewhat unfurnished train cabins. Crossing the Saharan desert in such a manner was an uncomfortable affair; however there was no faster (or cheaper) option than locomotive travel. He could risk taking a plane over the desert of course, but Léon would rather eat sand than risk his own life in one of those aerial death traps. By land or sea he would travel happily, but by air? No, not this time. If Léon was to make the meeting with Cavendish, he could not afford to miss his ship’s departure. He pressed onwards through the crowds towards the port, already hearing the horns of the various ships as they called out across the harbour.

Upon arriving at the entrance of the port, the crowds had thinned and a cool sea breeze was gently blowing over Léon, providing some relief in the sweltering heat. The Aquitania was to be his ship of travel; often regarded as the most beautiful of the great liners, he was eager to see it for himself. Having located her, he made his way down the pier towards the gangway. A smartly dressed figure stood at the base of the walkway, calling out the same phrase in a clear cut and oddly enthusiastic English accent;

“Aquitania, Aquitania! Last call for the Aquitania.”

Dumping his seabag unceremoniously on the floor in front of the smartly dressed figure, he searched in his satchel for the ticket before passing it over.

“Mr Rosseau? Mr Léon Rousseau? Travelling to Chicago I see. Well all’s clear on this end of the line, enjoy your journey. Bon voyage and all that!”

"Let us hope so mon amis."

Smiling somewhat grimly, Léon picked up his bag before making his way up the gangway, muttering expletives to himself quietly in French. The Aquitania was truly a thing of beauty; though not the fastest and most efficient of the great liners, her designers had made her the most comfortable by far. Whatever the future held, in Chicago or further afield, Léon could be sure that his journey across the Atlantic would be one experienced in the comfort of first class, courtesy of Mr Cavendish of course.

TheDashingRogue
12-25-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm liking all of the completed sheets so far - remember that things like equipment and weapons aren't overly important. There will be times when you can only use certain weapons, when you can't even use weapons and times when extra weapons will be provided to you. Same thing goes for equipment.

I'm quite busy at the moment with the holiday season and all that, so don't expect the start date to be very soon. You can edit your sheets as much as you like.

If you're thinking of joining then feel free to post up your sheet :)

TheBaron
12-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Is it at all possible to have a writing sample from a RP that I am doing now.

TheDashingRogue
12-25-2010, 11:57 PM
You can do that, but as I said I'd prefer it to be an original piece on your character. It's almost like a preview of what your character and your writing style is like. I've seen so far that it's a brilliant way of gauging a character compared to just a conventional sheet.

Basically you can but I'd recommend against it.

TheBaron
12-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Damn oh well or was worth asking well I am gonna put that other piece in there as a place holder until I have time to write the real one.

SonicStyle
12-26-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm working on a character if it is not too late.

TheBaron
12-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Good luck to you

SonicStyle
12-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Name: Nora Walsh, Nora means 'honor' in Irish.

Nationality: Irish.

Appearance: Nora has round eyes that are spring green in colour, centered between long dark lashes. She's petite, only five feet and three inches tall. Her hair is cropped around her face, and brown, despite her heritage. She slender, without many curves, but is girlish all the same. Her skin is fair, and easily burned if she is not careful.

Voice: Small and high, Irish accent. She speaks carefully as if tasting every word for the first time.

Clothing: Coming from a wealthy decent, Nora dresses like so. However, considering circumstances, she has chosen a more conservative wardrobe. She has simple black pants, and a forest green shirt that makes her eyes stand out even more. She does not wear any makeup or any jewelry, apart from a simple engagement ring (http://www.bigboxdetox.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/letter_rings_05-1.jpg).

Weapons: A hidden dagger and a M1917 revolver. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1917_revolver)

Equipment: A leather pack including a canteen, identification and passport, ripped photograph, and a Irish dictionary.

Background: Nora grew up on a farm in Ireland with her parents, Patrick and Mary Walsh. They became very rich, which was unusual for a farming family to do, and decided to send their only child to England to further her education in a different manner.
While attending the University of Cambridge, she met a man who knew her father. Apparently, Patrick Walsh was much more than an Irish farmer. The man however, could not tell her much information. Throughout the World War, Nora spent most of her time trying to unearth her father's secrets.
One night, when Nora returned to her hotel after several hours in the library, she opened a letter from a man named Cavendish. She assumed it had something to do with the university, the name was familiar to the place. But she was mistaken...

Other: Nora only drinks on special occasions. She may seem like a bookworm, but she will surprise you. Also, if accepted, this will be my first roleplay on this website, but I promise I will not disappoint. I would like to be here for a while.

The night sky swirled around as Nora Walsh started her way up the old hotel steps. The evergreen bushes that lined the walk were rustling eerily, but she took no notice. It was nearly impossible to scare Nora. Besides, rustling bushes were the least of her worries.

Approaching the hotel desk, she finally removed her eyes from the ground and slid her fingers along the ancient wood. The feeling reminded her of home.
"May I have my mail, please?" Nora quietly stared at the man behind the desk. He grunted and ducked down to find her mail in the numerous stacks. When he stood back up, he tossed the mail at Nora, letting a few envelopes fall to the dusty carpet. She knelt down without a word and gathered the letters and hurried off to her room, muttering curses at the man.

Nora forced the tarnished key into the lock. It had been yet another disappointing day. Your father isn't what you think he is. It replayed in her head, a constant reminder of the unknown. The weary woman shuffled over to a wooden chair and sat down. As she began to sort through the envelopes from the week, something caught her eye. These days, letters to her were simply in congratulations of her engagement. It was easy to grow bored with the questions of babies and cooking.

This letter was different.

Nora silently tore the paper. Glancing over the elegantly written words, something inside of her heart stirred. Maybe this would be just the adventure to get her mind off of her father.

TheBaron
12-27-2010, 02:20 AM
I wonder where dashing went

SonicStyle
12-27-2010, 03:13 AM
I wonder where dashing went

I was thinking the same thing, he's probably busy today.

TheBaron
12-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Probably his just wrapped up in Christmas stuff... Yah you are probably right well I hope he gets on later.

StormWolf
12-27-2010, 03:46 AM
Murphy appears to be a common name in Ireland...

SonicStyle
12-27-2010, 04:02 AM
Murphy appears to be a common name in Ireland...

Oh my god, I'm sorry. It is, but I'll change Nora's. I've just used her before.

TheBaron
12-27-2010, 04:14 AM
Haha ah the confusion of life.

TheDashingRogue
12-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Don't worry, I haven't gone anywhere - I was wrapped up in Christmas stuff as you put it :D

You're not too late at all :)

SonicStyle
12-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Fabulous. :) You're plot is very intriguing, even if I don't end up getting to participate, I look forward to reading it.

TheBaron
12-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Yay that is a good thing I am glad that you are back nd btw dashing sorry to bother you about it here but would it be okay for me to post in the IC of live together or die apart

TheDashingRogue
12-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I left you a message on your visitor board about that a few hours ago :)

TheBaron
12-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Ahhh I will check it

Cheshire
12-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Okay! I'll definitely submit a character, bur first I have a question to ask:

I have something of an idea for a character, which I think could be awesome or horrible, so I'll ask here before I start on it.

Essentially I was thinking of doing a Japanese character, who would use a katana (and /possibly/ a gun as well, but I don't want to turn them into a walking arsenal). Now obviously, my immediate concern is that sounds a bit... silly... and well... cliche, in terms of rp characters. But at the same time, it has the potential of providing an interesting juxtaposition. Ya know. 1920's desert adventure with WW1 and Wild West guns and mystery and drama, and... some samurai person xD

So. If you think the idea has potential, lemme know and I'll work on an app. If you think it'd be a bad idea (and believe me, I won't be offended if you think so xP), then I'll get to work on a different character!

TheBaron
12-29-2010, 03:58 AM
I personally like the idea

StormWolf
12-30-2010, 02:12 AM
The problem I have is that a full sized katana would be impossible to conceal. That and the scene from
Indiana jones comes to mind:

- dude swinging the sword all fancy like. Looks scary-
- Indy shoots him in the head. Game over. Period-

SonicStyle
12-30-2010, 02:18 AM
- dude swinging the sword all fancy like. Looks scary-
- Indy shoots him in the head. Game over. Period-

Classic.

TheBaron
12-30-2010, 03:35 AM
That happens in a lot of movies

thesouleater
12-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Is it alright if I have a character up sometime tomorrow? This is interesting. ^_^

TheDashingRogue
12-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Yes its certainly alright for you to post up a character :)

I've PMed Cheshire on the matter, but I'll share with you as well. There will be sections of the story where large weapons of any kind won't be allowed, that includes rifles as well as swords. So the concealment issue isn't really something you need to worry about any more than if they had a large gun.

On top of that, there will be times when you are forced into a melee; where the use of a gun is as pointless as the example you gave with the sword :D

Swings and roundabouts really.

soullesshuman
12-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Dashing is being quite curious.

TheBaron
12-30-2010, 10:35 PM
He always is

TheDashingRogue
12-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Good curious or the worrying "Why is that man wearing a duck on his head?" curious?

TheBaron
12-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Both

thesouleater
12-31-2010, 01:46 AM
I am sorry. I lied. D: I will be spending the next few nights away from home and I might not be able to get my character up tonight. I shall have it as soon as I can possible get it up.

TheBaron
12-31-2010, 02:56 AM
When are you going to decide on the characters

Cheshire
12-31-2010, 05:18 AM
Here, it's not 100% complete, but I figured I'd post her up so you can see how it's coming and see that I'm working on her.

Name: Regina Tachibana

Nationality: Japanese (Japanese/German ethnicity)

Appearance: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gRWMZ-x-wV0/SavYsf03xwI/AAAAAAAAD_A/Kn82KO5P4Lk/s400/Tsuchiya.JPG

Voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHCBKUHFKE
She speaks naturally in a deep, sultry tone and tends to seem to have a deep purpose behind even insignificant words. She speaks Japanese fluently, speaks German with a slight accent, and speaks English with a rather heavy Japanese accent. When prepared before hand, and with some effort, she seems capable of suppressing her accent to blend in with a crowd.

Weapons: (Note, she generally keeps most of these in a safe location, only carrying with her what is fitting for a particular job.)
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/norstar1/sw-1842asx2.jpg
http://www.samurai-swords-for-sale.com/store/images/T/japanese-swords-samurai-swords-tanto-cold-steel.jpg
She also has a variety of cane and umbrella concealed swords for blending into crowds while remaining armed, and a varied assortment of bo shuriken (throwing spikes) and hira shuriken (throwing stars) to give her a very limited ability to fight at a range.

Equipment: In addition to her above-mentioned collection of weapons, she also keeps an assortment of disguises ready, a grappling hook, lock-picking gear and other general thieving equipment. She also has a variety of sheaths for her weapons designed to blend into various environments (see the image for her katana for example).

Background: Regina was raised and trained by a secretive Japanese order, headed by her father. She never knew her mother growing up, and was instead raised entirely by her father, trained in the arts of deception and concealment. The order was an organization dedicated to the protection and recovery of ancient artifacts, originally focused on the preservation of Japanese culture, though it has since expanded to act globally, for the preservation of all ancient knowledge.
After experiencing this thankless and unrewarding profession for a time, she grew bored and restless. One day she simply decided to leave. It wasn't exactly a pleasant parting, and she had to hide from them for quite some time. Since then she puts her skills to a more self-serving goal, working as a thief and a treasure hunter.
After a few highly successful jobs, she seemed to relax for a while and take life easy, until something changed. She started doing more jobs, more frequently, trying to amass more and more money, and this new job was far more than she could pass up on.

Other:

soullesshuman
12-31-2010, 06:23 AM
Good curious or the worrying "Why is that man wearing a duck on his head?" curious?

'I wonder what he's up to' curious.

mbs_f3
12-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Name:Carlo Maurizio
Nationality:Italian-american
Appearance:A short scar in left cheek, Shaved beard, Black dark eyes, small ears, black not too short hair, medium height, muscular but not too much, hairy, populated eyebrows.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/5053858560_b86df4e527.jpg

Voice:Deep voice, a barely, small italian accent.
Clothing:Black gabardine, black cowboy hat, black leather gloves, black army boots, black suit dress pants.
Weapons:Glisenti Model 1910, Smith & Wesson Model 10, Mark I trench knife, Luger P08.
Equipment:Shave blade, shave cream, a Chewing gum pack, a bottle of wine.
Background:Carlo comes from a very poor family,he was born on italy and their parents brought him to america, Chicago city, he fought two months on WWI and got back home for a wounded leg, his mom died by a tuberculosis when he was 16, and a gang brutaly murder his dad when he was 14 years old.
Other:he is addicted to womans, alcohol and candy chewing gum.

Writing example:A creepy tavern was the scene that shows Carlo misery without a dollar left with his luger in the table chewing gum and drinking his last sip of wine.

"Hey pizza face drunk,you need to pay!". Yelled the waiter, Carlo tried to grab his gun to teach the waiter a lesson but he can barely see so he tried to get up and grab all his stuff and he left, after falling on the street several times he made it to his house, Carlo sat on a chair, served himself some whiskey.

"I hate whiskey but i need a drink". He though,"I need money right now". After saying this he falled into the floor inconcious.

PantsTheReaper
12-31-2010, 09:40 AM
It looks like you haven't chosen the whole group yet. Do you mind if I put someone up?

TheDashingRogue
12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Not at all, I'm still waiting on thesouleater's character - but after that I will most likely choose before I end up disappointing too many people.

TheBaron
12-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Nah he is just crazy

PantsTheReaper
12-31-2010, 08:07 PM
Name: Lee Longchi
Nationality: Chinese-American Immigrant
Appearance: http://www.columbia.edu/itc/history/baker/w3630/images/chinmanwebsm.jpg
Voice: Speaks loudly and with an accent
Clothing: (Please see picture, minus hat). Also wears a pair of sandals.
Weapons: Smith & Wesson Model 10
Equipment: A shovel, rope, and a pocket knife.
Background: Lee grew up as a poor farmer. When he heard about the "boundless treasures of America", however, he left his parents, promising that he'd raise enough money so they could come too. It's been 7 years since then. In America, Lee is still rather poor, living in a small shelter and eating bread and water. However, he still managed to make a few friends and get a slight grip on the English language. Said friends are responsible for his revolver and ability to use it. He later heard about treasure hunting and started that, hoping to become rich.
Other: Lee has a tendency to slip into speaking Chinese* (specifically Cantonese)
"Aiya!" Lee exclaimed as he stumbled. He quickly regained his balance and sighed. This station was so busy. People milled about like ants, each knowing exactly where they were going. Except Lee. He was tempted to just board a random train, but that thought was quickly expelled from his mind. He looked to the signs around him, but to his dismay, they were all in English. "Aiyaaaa. I need to learn to read English."

Lee dug a piece of paper from his pocket. It was a just some symbol that Lee didn't recognize, but apparently he was supposed to board the train at the platform with the same one. Unfortunately, he was lost. He wandered about the station, going from platform to platform looking for the right one. Lee sat on a bench and sighed. At least he had had the foresight to come early, knowing he would get lost.

Lee looked up at the sign on the platform and held his paper up to it. "Wait." He nearly slapped himself in frustration at his own stupidity. Lee flipped the paper and found that it was a perfect match. "Of all the stupid mistakes, I have to read upside-down?"

Lee looked at the train. There was a man calling something from one of the doors. The Chinese man walked up to him and silently handed him his ticket. The man on the train looked it over before punching holes in it using a small device and handed it back to Lee, gesturing for him to board the train.

"Well," said Lee. "here's to a new life." He boarded the train and watched as the scenery flew by.

*Please note that I have no idea how to write in Chinese, and I don't think anyone here reads it, so I'll have to use phonetic romanization of my (limited) Chinese.

TheBaron
12-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Same

Gunnison
01-01-2011, 03:04 AM
"Aiyaaa!"

XD

TheDashingRogue
01-01-2011, 03:06 AM
This is so difficult to even begin to choose from these characters D:

mbs_f3
01-01-2011, 04:08 AM
why you dont choose everyone characters?

TheBaron
01-01-2011, 05:40 AM
Because he has a set number of spots

PantsTheReaper
01-01-2011, 06:17 AM
You need Chinese people! XD

mbs_f3
01-01-2011, 06:55 AM
ohhhhh ups sorry u.u

mbs_f3
01-01-2011, 07:05 AM
You need an italian drunk ladiesman:)

TheBaron
01-01-2011, 05:21 PM
What are you talking about lol

StormWolf
01-01-2011, 10:17 PM
You could use a WWI veteran, especially a guy that served in the Corps and knows his way around petty crime.

Alice
01-01-2011, 10:51 PM
You'll need a... Nah, just kidding. You just choose whoever you think will be best for the RP. 'Tis totally fine if I'm not one of those people. ;D

mbs_f3
01-02-2011, 02:55 AM
my character is a italian drunk ladiesman:D

TheBaron
01-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Just choose lol

Sir Manguydude
01-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Technically Storm there are two Corps Members. Your character(Marines) and my character(Army I Corps).

TheBaron
01-02-2011, 04:45 AM
I just want to start

mbs_f3
01-02-2011, 04:47 AM
Everyone wants to this will be awsome:D

TheBaron
01-02-2011, 04:49 AM
Again just want to start

StormWolf
01-02-2011, 06:28 AM
i'm with vampire. I want this to start

TheBaron
01-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Yay someone is with me.

TheDashingRogue
01-02-2011, 05:17 PM
It will be starting fairly soon - I just need to wait for thesouleater's sheet. I'm willing to give him a few extra days before making my final selection; I understand you guys want to get this rolling :) I do too.

thesouleater
01-02-2011, 05:34 PM
D: Sorry. I am holding everything up. I am almost finished my character. Perhaps tomorrow by the latest.

TheDashingRogue
01-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Don't worry about it - it won't factor into when I choose the sheets I promise :)

soullesshuman
01-02-2011, 06:01 PM
*patiently chills in wait*

mbs_f3
01-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Awesome roleplay plot is awesome

TheBaron
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I am like so excited haha and I am happy tis a good day

SonicStyle
01-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Patience is a virtue. :P

mbs_f3
01-02-2011, 10:38 PM
lol true

TheBaron
01-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Fair enough

StormWolf
01-03-2011, 12:11 AM
patience? bah!

TheBaron
01-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Though storm makes a eloquent point

SonicStyle
01-03-2011, 01:22 AM
But virtue overcomes all evil.. follow the light!

Gunnison
01-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Yay for thread spam :D

TheDashingRogue
01-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Don't spam the thread please.

TheBaron
01-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Sorry

thesouleater
01-04-2011, 05:13 AM
Name: William Night
Nationality: Canadian
Appearance: http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2010/Sep/Week3/15736506.jpg
Voice: Will does not have a deep voice, but not a high voice either. That also kind of goes with how fast he talks: he does not speak fast, nor slow.
Clothing: Will wears a long-sleeved, dirty white shirt and dark brown pants. His shoes are in similar shape to an army boot, but are slip-on and are a dirty grey colour. A thick belt sits around his hips. During colder days Will wears a mottled brown/grey coloured coat that goes to just past his knees. If he’s wearing the coat his hands are often stuffed into the pockets, fiddling with something. He always wears a necklace that has a small pendant with a tooth in it. Overall, Will looks a little scruffy, not caring too much what people think about his appearance.
Weapons: A longer sabre knife that sits at his waist inside of a sheath, a small blade that is kept hidden inside his shirt sleeve and a gun that is kept on his belt.
Equipment: A water bag, a basic first-aid kit, a compass and a map.
Background: Will grew up working on a farm with a two brothers, three sisters, two cousins, his father and his mother’s grandparents. He had had one more brother and another sister, but they had died shortly after birth to the family’s dismay. Only one of his brothers were older than him and only one of his sisters, making him the third oldest of the kids. His mother had died giving birth to the youngest edition to the family.
Besides his family, Will had had a regular life. Nothing special. He was home-schooled by his father, who had learnt lots from his own parents as a young boy. That quickly changed after his father passed away from old age, a few months after his mother’s grandparents. His two older siblings had moved out a year beforehand and Will was left in charge. He gave the kids more freedom than he had had while his Dad was still alive, but made sure that they were working. There wasn’t much he could do to run a family since he was only fifteen when he was left in charge. The next oldest child was only twelve and he hadn’t planned on leaving them in charge. It would be too much trouble.
About a year after Will’s time in charge (he had just turned sixteen) he found a woman he liked and they quickly got married when Will turned seventeen. He and his love watched over his siblings for another year or so before trusting the farm to his brother, who was then fifteen.
Will and his wife moved closer to the city and made sure to visit the farm as often as they could. They had had children of they’re own and Will worked a good job near the house. But only a year after living in the house with his wife and children, Will had wondered into his home one evening to find his family dead. They had been killed by a brutal murder, they’re wrists slit as they bled to death.
It took a year for Will to be able to function somewhat normally again. He still has a few problems talking about his past merely because of the death of his wife and children. But he had lost his job in the process and decided that, by joining this hunt for treasure he would possibly be able to function as a regular human being again.
Other:
Will found himself standing in the middle of a street, during the middle of the night. The sky was an awful blood red colour, the moon looking black. The stars were a dull grey colour. Suddenly the buildings surrounding Will seemed to be closing in on him, as if being pushed in by some unknown force to crush him into a pancake. His first instinct was to run, but he would never make it away in time before the walls would crush him. So instead he ran up to a building and started climbing as fast as he could.
He managed to squeeze through the tops of the buildings just as they closed and he sprawled out on the roof, a heavy sigh escaping his lips. He collected himself and stood, looking for a way to get down. But he was startled by something else. A sight he didn’t want to see. It was all of his family, surrounding him. But there was something wrong with them. None of them had the deep, chocolate brown colour to their eyes that most of them had. Instead they were white orbs and they’re skin seemed far too pale.
Will noticed the blood on each of his family member’s clothes and he realized they were all dead. He screamed, his fingers clawing at his hair and arms.
A quick shout startled Will awake. It was a bunch of drunken people. He had been dreaming.

Here it is! Sorry I held everything up. *sweat*

TheBaron
01-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Wewt wewt we can start soon

Cheshire
01-06-2011, 10:21 AM
\o/ I think I had a few points unfilled on mine, do you want me to go back and finish those up? :O

TheBaron
01-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Where did dashing go again

TheDashingRogue
01-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Mate I don't "Go" anywhere. Some of us have College to focus on or other responsibilities aside from RPing.

Aside from that, expect a post about which characters made it through (and perhaps something for the rest of them) fairly soon.

G
01-06-2011, 04:34 PM
So it is too late to post a character now? If so, no worries, I will keep an eye out for your next rp, as this one is immensly intriguing.
But I won't post a sheet tonight as it's three thirty in the morning, I just got home from the pub and I am slightly inebriated (not the best situation for writing a masterpiece)
I will have one up tomorrow if I'm not too late, though.
=D

*edit: by 'slightly inebriated,' I really meant extremely. I am actually amazed at my level of correct spelling and grammar.

*edit#2: when I said tomorrow, I mean today, since it's technically morning already.

TheBaron
01-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Haha you are crazy mindless

TheDashingRogue
01-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah it's too late now I'm afraid - sorry!

TheBaron
01-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Awwww that's a shame.

G
01-07-2011, 02:01 AM
that's alright, ten pages of sheets to go through for four characters will be a handful I imagine.
I'll catch you next time though =D

TheBaron
01-07-2011, 02:08 AM
That's a shame see you later mindless

Cheshire
01-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Eee, I look forward to seeing which characters made it :D

May the best rper win :D

(and by that, I mean me :U <3)

TheBaron
01-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes I wonder when it will occur

TheDashingRogue
01-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Later today (GMT) the team will be revealed. You have my word.

TheBaron
01-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Okay cool

TheDashingRogue
01-09-2011, 11:21 PM
1. TheDashingRogue - Robert Cavendish (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=428546&postcount=1)
2. StormWolf - Raymond "Ray" Murphy Rich (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=429069&postcount=11)
3. Alice - Shádí Demir (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=429571&postcount=15)
4. Gunnison - Léon Rousseau (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=429647&postcount=16)
5. Cheshire - Regina Tachibana (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=436749&postcount=48)Thanks to all those that submitted sheets - unfortunately I had to choose only four of them on the grounds of which ones would counter each other best and form what I saw as the most team-like.

To the people who's characters weren't accepted I apologise if you got excited about this RP - if it turns out to be a success (i.e. I finish it) I'll most likely restart it with a different storyline/locations and you guys will have something of a priority in that.

To the people who were accepted, expect more details in the OOC soon as to the RP starting.

Thank you for your interest, all of you :)

Alice
01-10-2011, 12:09 AM
-hurr-
I'm so excited.

mbs_f3
01-10-2011, 12:14 AM
ok :/ but it will be cool to watch

G
01-10-2011, 01:31 AM
- Lurky Lurk -

I'll be interested to read this one =]

PantsTheReaper
01-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Whelp, I'm disappointed as hell, but what can you do, right?

StormWolf
01-10-2011, 04:15 AM
*does a happy Irish Jig*

Cheshire
01-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Ooooh, yayification! :D

I look forward to starting!

Aslee
01-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Would it be too late for me to apply? I've got an idea...

Gunnison
01-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Vive la France!

Merci Dashing :D

TheDashingRogue
01-13-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm afraid it would be, it'd be a little unfair on the others if I made an exception now. Sorry about that.

Cheshire
01-23-2011, 08:00 AM
-poke-

TheDashingRogue
01-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Argh, sorry I've been really quite held up by a lot of other things, I'm going to keep this on the boil at the moment but it will be starting sometime soon.

Sorry for the delay peeps!

Alice
01-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Alright, good to know. No rush Dashing, take your time. :)

Cheshire
01-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Alright ^^ Just wanted to see what's going on x3