PDA

View Full Version : Stormfront: The Dawn of a Golden Age

Quantum Winter
12-24-2010, 03:05 AM
Stormfront: The Dawn of a Golden Age OOC Thread

Story:

It is the year 5150 A.D. Humanity, sole controller of the Sol System, has looked away from external colonization in the hopes of creating a brighter home system. The Terran Technocratic Commonwealth, or more commonly known as the T.T.C, is the unified government of the Sol System, controlling a vast and over-populated dominion of ninety-billion residents. The modern and sleek cities of the Commonwealth dominate a never changing skyline, upon which only the light of innovation is sprung.

The hive cities, now the permanent homes of true humanity, are populated with one billion humans at Terran Standard. As the Age of Reformation and Standard ended, so did humanities unique habit of random colonization. What were once bustling cities and towns were immediately demolished and converted into identical super-cities. Crime, as it is in it's current form, is utterly unknown. The tight reign of the T.T.C has kept the population in prosperity and wealth, along with security. Sol, to be put in simple words, is perfect.

But to every good there is a bad. That is the planet of Stormfront. Home to the last remnants of humanities ill's and perceived " Undesirables ". The initial project of Stormfront was rather to establish a penal colony, not a full scale Hive World. The Terran Technocratic Commonwealth soon got hold of the planets Hyperspace Lane Gate and destroyed it, leaving six billion souls, both former citizens and military staff, and the original two billion " Undesirables ".

The event went un-noticed in the T.T.C annual news report, but that didn't hide the truth of what had just transpired. What is your role in this?

You are a survivor of the Hyperspace Incident, perhaps a former colonist, criminal, soldier or even scientist. It does not matter. What you do know: How will you carve out your mark on your new home?

RP Idea:

You're stuck on a planet with two billion exiles and four billion city-dwellers.

Simple idea.

Factions will be developed along the way, as will events. What is available at the time is that you are a stranded survivor of the Hyperspace Incident, and you're stuck on Stormfront. This will gradually transform from survival to societal development.

If you're interested, just submit a Char Sheet as this:

Name:
Special Attributes:
Social Personality:
Background:
Items:
( Be creative. Think, if you're a former T.C.C colonist, then you're going to have very standard gear. Jumpsuit, canteen, etc...., if you're a planetary exile, then you're going to get the funner end of the deal, but albeit more primitive. If you're military, then you're going to have to moderate yourself to basic laser and plasma weaponry, AND only if you keep a nerf on it. I don't want you blast apart everyone we meet. )

Quantum Winter
12-24-2010, 03:23 AM
Here's my char sheet, just to begin with :)

Name: Alexander Vargas

Appearance: Gruff, tan, hispanic lineage moderately apparent. Green eyes, jet black hair, rough complexion. 6'6 Ft. in height.

Special Attributes: Alexander has an unsurpassed understanding of Physics and Metallurgy among his military peers.

Social Personality: Cold and heartless, but fair. Alex grew up a military fan through and through, and loyal to the Commonwealth beyond all things. He is reknown for being cynical and even ruthless.

Background:

Alex grew up on the colony of Neptune, having grown as a T.C.C army-brat by the age of 18 in the Hive City of Coronis. His parents were both high-ranking officers in the Commonwealth military, and when his academic record showed equal promise, he was placed as " Apprentice Commissar ". Alex tested himself time and time again until he finally gained the rank of " Commissar " by the age of 25.

His first assignment, unfortunately, was the " Colonial Supervision " of Stormfront. Now trapped after the Hyperspace Incident, Alex intends on drawing the line between the savage " Exiles " of the penal districts and the city-dwellers now trapped with them.

Items:

Armor: Commissar Uniform, which composes of a black trenchcoat, military vest, black cap, gas mask, and straight black pants with boots. Black military attire beneath vest.

Weaponry: A basic laser pistol, with a small golden hawk emblazoned upon the left side of the grip. Primarily used for execution, he also carries with him a side arm Combat Knife.

Misc: Portable Military PDA.

John
12-29-2010, 06:47 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

leafy_kille
12-29-2010, 04:18 PM
hi there im a total newbie to this site but not to rp, ill draw up a cc shortly but id love to be a part of this rp as it seems to be just starting and some of the more established ones would require more reading than im wiling to put in!

leafy_kille
12-29-2010, 06:05 PM
name: Seth Smith

appearance: white British with some Japanese traits, exceedingly pale skin (hacker tan) with long, dark brown hair and short beard, fairly healthy looking for the most part though often unwashed and unkempt. artificial completely black eyes. 5ft2 tall.

special attributes: Seth is a computer genius, there is no system known that he can't get into, he has a computer hard wired into his brain that aids him with almost everything, it is almost undetectable being a quantum computer (if you don't know the physics behind quantum computers I can explain it) . he also has various ,mostly very small, attachments mounted under his skin that he can use to directly neurally interface with nearly any system.

social personality: socially very awkward and often quite childish. Seth will do things often just because he felt like it at the time and this can cause all sorts of social problems. he feels much more comfortable with computers, machines and artificial intelligences than with real people.

background: Seth is the son of an extremely rich couple, his father a Japanese man who runs one of the largest nanotechnology companies in the whole TTC and his mother is an English banker of notable renown. he had his quantum computer installed at birth and was using external computers before he was walking, he was always a misfit, never really fitting in and he soon got into trouble for his cyber crimes, they tried to rehabilitate him several times with no success and his cyber crimes just got worse so at the age of 18 he was sentenced to life, it would have been death if it weren't for the strings his parents pulled. Seth was both lucky and unlucky to be one of the last people ever sent to Stormfront, in fact he is one of the only survivors of the gate destruction incident.

the gate was switched off just as Seth's penal transport was arriving, this caused the ship to be literally cut in half, the resulting explosion blew the gate to pieces and almost totally destroyed the penal transport, had he not been in the isolation chamber with padded walls he would not have survived, when he regained conciousness he escaped from the ruins of the ship, stole some clothes and mixed in with the local populous living hand to mouth by electronic and physical theft.

items: worn clothes, jeans, trainers, blue shirt, black hoodie, waterproof coat that is several sizes to large for him and his computer equipment under his skin and in his head.

Quantum Winter
12-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Accepted. I just want a few more folks in before we start. As for being a newbie, well, same here. Role Playing is natural to me, though, as I've attended a few other forums. Don't worry, this is all planned for the worst of RP'ers and best. No one gets excluded.

TheBaron
12-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Interest will try to get a bio up soon.

Quantum Winter
01-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Interest will try to get a bio up soon.

You got your char sheet ready?

TheBaron
01-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Not going to lie I forgot about this I am going to work on it now.

Higurashi
01-02-2011, 08:12 PM
(in the works)

Name: Sullivan Marx
Appearance: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2418/2222292837_2e5282fb02.jpg
Special Attributes:
Social Personality:
Background:
Items:
( Be creative. Think, if you're a former T.C.C colonist, then you're going to have very standard gear. Jumpsuit, canteen, etc...., if you're a planetary exile, then you're going to get the funner end of the deal, but albeit more primitive. If you're military, then you're going to have to moderate yourself to basic laser and plasma weaponry, AND only if you keep a nerf on it. I don't want you blast apart everyone we meet. )

TheBaron
01-02-2011, 08:15 PM
So yeah working on it now.

VerVolf
01-11-2011, 05:44 AM
I'm looking for an excuse to get back into roleplaying on this forum and a thread like this seems just the thing I need! I'm currently extremely tired however, having had no sleep and awaiting a long day at college.

I'll try and get a character up later today however may end up just dropping straight into bed when I get home. ;) I do have some questions that I would like answers to before I start however. The main one being whether or not I can have control over two characters as my initial idea has them packaged as a pair. The other is the rating of this roleplay. I don't want to post anything too graphic depending on how young your target audience is.

Quantum Winter
01-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I suppose I'll notch it up to [R]. And yes, you may have multiple characters.

TheBaron
01-16-2011, 05:16 AM
Will have it done soon I hope lol I am super busy

VerVolf
01-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Right I'll have my character sheets up once I get back from college today. Sorry about the delay, I've had an awesome yet hectic weekend.

TheBaron
01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Damn school