PDA

View Full Version : Me against the World (Levias & Lacey)

Levias
11-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Name:
Appearance:

Personality:
History:
Hobbies:
Pet Peeves:
Other:

I will put mine up then wait for you to post yours

Levias
11-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Name: Levias Jasto
Appearance:
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc329/dragonreno/anime%20guy/l_ab518052ae2f4d60a38266d7caffd2-1.jpg

Personality: Two different personalities...

Towards people that he doesnt trust, or know, he is cold, quiet, and cynical. He never offers up any form of kindness. Also is especially mean towards the preps that make up the popular group

If anyone gets to become his friend, he is actually very loyal and caring. He is still quiet, but less than normal. He tends to also be very intellectual, and likes to help.

History: His mother died when he was four years old. His father became an alchohalic shortly afterards, and beat Levias, telling him that he was a miserable excuse for skin. Levias took the beatings, and still does, though they are less frequent, due to the fact that his father is rarely home. But if Levias happens to be home when he is, the man beats Levias to a pulp,and sometimes breaks bottles on his head. He learned how to defend himself at ten years old, because of some kids who picked on him at school (some of which are now in the popular crowd). He has nevere believed in god, and had always gotten good grades. His father couldn't care less for either, and hated his son for just wasting the air that he breathes. Thus Levias became Emo, and became lost in himself

Hobbies: Playing guitar and singing, working out, listening to music, and cloud/star-gazing

Pet Peeves: His parents, His history, Any music that is not Rock/Metal, Anyone who bothers him, people who pick on the weak, and any preps, rich, and/or popular.

Other: Has a pet fox that is all black, and is named Shadow

Lacey
11-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Name: Rani Lyson

Appearance:
http://api.ning.com/files/PFbOWFhrj4Jzy4gftaDlUWHAS1s8tEkkFQBa-TzufPHAkhttLwEWrYjP9RQQHZR2KrHEd4BsK*w9zevDnzf8ql3 Jf3iXu9DD/anime_girl.jpg

Personality: She generally loves people, no matter who they are or what they look like. Rani hates to see anyone hurting, and when she does, she thinks about what to do to help them. She has a very small backbone though, and gets pushed into doing things she doesn’t want to a lot because she hates turning people down.

History:

Rani grew up in a large family, the second youngest of six children. When her parents were at work, she would help her older brother care for them. He was always the one that punished them and cooked for them and she always made them feel better if they fell down or tucked them in late nights. Her family attended church regularly and she loves God with all of her heart, which influenced her a lot.

It was there that she learned both independence and how to work with people easily. When she got into high school, her sweet disposition and pretty looks made her very popular.

Hobbies: playing the piano (she has a nice voice but is incredibly tone deaf), writing, laughing, making people laugh, reading

Pet Peeves: People pretending they don’t matter, people who don’t don anything to change what they need.

Other:

Levias
11-04-2009, 12:16 AM
(Okay, We is going to start during a school day)

Levias leaned forwards slightly as he gathered a book from his locker, and put two others back in. He slid the book down into his black backpack that had the Three Days Grace One-X logo on a couple of places. He looked around as his CD player played loudly in his ears. The music drowned out the hassle and annoyance of all the other kids. He headed out the door, to go through the courtyard. He walked through, noticing the popular kids standing in a group and laughing. He scowled and continued walking.

His next class was AP Human Geography, which was a very easy course, considerring he had already taken AP World History. All he had to do was listen to music while some unfortunate sophomores, juniors, and other seniors who haven't taken another AP Class struggle to keep up with the teacher. They were taking notes today, meaning Levias could sleep. He simply set his head down and rested. as the music played into his ears.

Lacey
11-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Rani sighed, leaning her head on her hand, which was proped up on her desk. World History was boring, unless they were talking about something other than politics. Which was rare. Very rare. She looked around the room, her blue eyes catching some of her friends' eyes. They smiled and she smiled back.

Her eyes wandered on a guy who seemed to be sleeping with some music playing. She wondered what it was that he was so immersed in. He looked so at peace, unlike the rest of the students, who were stressing. For a moment, she wondered what it was like to be him; so comforatable, at ease. Of course, his entire life couldn't possibly be like that but...still. It was a thought.

Levias
11-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Levias felt...uncomfortable... His facial expression twisted into a grimace as he opened his eyes, and looked around. He felt like someone was watching him, and the hairs on the back of his neck were standing up, which helped him decide that someone was. He almost growled once he caught the girl across the class. His grimace turned into a scowl, and he instantly turned back to his notebook, which had lyrics written all over it. He looked to his currently coverred wrists and idly traced with his pencil at the places where his scars were. He lost track of time,a nd soon enough, the bell rang. He stood, and gave the girl another grimace, before leaving. Some of the guys who hung out with her, followed him, not liking the way he looked at her.

In the hall, Levias was putting his book back into the locker, when someone slammed a book into the back of his head. His head flew against the locker next to his, leaving a currently slightly blue/purple mark. He glared at one of the people who used to pick on him when he couldn't defend himself. Two other guys surrounded him at the same time. "What the fuck do you want?" Levias spat out venomously, glaring at him. The guy looked unphased, but began to feel fear because of what had happened last time.

"Why are you looking at Rani like that? Why are you even looking at her?!" He yelled. Levias looked eye to eye with him, then hit him in the gut, making him double over. Levvias brought his knee up almost to the guys head, then stopped. "She was staring at me, so I glared at her. End of the damned story..." Levias said, before the final bell rang out loud. "Stay the fuck away from her you bastard!" The guys yelled, before Levias put on his headphones and walked out and away from the school

Lacey
11-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Rani stormed towards Josh, anger full on her face. “What the heck are you doing?” Josh whirled around, shocked at her anger. Her eyes were a blue fire, searing his own and he had to look away. People rarely saw her like this, and when they did they never wanted to see it again.

“I was just trying to protect you. He’s bad news.”

“I’m sure you know that for sure, right?” Rani clenched her fist and ran out of the school, looking for Levias. She felt horrible that she was the cause of the boy’s pain. And how could Josh have done that? She’d never known him to do that before. It just didn’t make sense.

Suddenly, she caught sight of him and she ran to him.

“Levias!” Rani suddenly realized that he couldn’t hear her with the music playing. With a burst of energy, she ran faster to him and touched his shoulder, “Levias!”

Levias
11-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Levias could have swore he heard his name in the background of the music. 'Nah, that was just my imagination...' He thought, and then winced when someone touched a bruise on his shoulder that he had recently gotten from his father. He paused the music and looked to see the girl named Rani. "One, what do you want? And two, how do you know my name?" He asked bitterly. He already knew he wouldn't gain any friends this way, but he didn't care.

He took time memorizing her as he did to everyone that he needed to remember to possibly avoid in the future. He did think she looked good, but that did nothing to the way he acted. Looks don't matter to him.

(By the way, I can normally get out a paragraph when I have writer's block, unless it is severe, and i cant think of anything. normally, I avoid one-liners though. I had a bit of writers block here)

Lacey
11-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Rani swallowed, then looked down. It was embarrassing to say what she was about to say, as she had been staring at him. It was all her fault Josh had hurt him. "One, I'm sorry. It was my fault that Josh hurt you and I'm sorry. I was being stupid and he hurt you. I was just...interested. You looked so at peace...."

She cleared her throat, starting to turn red. No one really talked like that, much less to someone they didn't know at all. And his grey eyes were piercing hers so that she could hardly look into them.

"Second, you are my classmate, aren't you? Why shouldn't I know your name?" She looked up, self-consiously touching the silver cross hanging from her neck.

Levias
11-04-2009, 01:51 AM
Levias simply listened, and nodded after what she said first, before saying "I am not that interesting. I was simply resting..." He said explaining. "Well, it is not your fault, he is an arrogant asshole. The last time he did that to me, he almost lost use of his leg, so I'm surprised he actually got the backbone to try to fight me." He said again, looking back at the school grounds, where John and the two other guys were staring at them. "It is not that you shouldn't. Most people do not though, so I hardly learn their's, but I believe yours is Rani, correct?" He asked.

"You should get back to your friends...I'm not necessarily one of the prime people to be hanging out with..." Levias said, pressing play, but decreasing the volume on the device. He watched her finger the cross absently, and began thinking 'Oh great, she's one of them...' He thought to himself, before looking back into her dark blue eyes, that looked like they would turn away from him at any time. He faintly heard a girl yelling Rani! in the background and he gestured back towards them with his thumb.

Lacey
11-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Rani gazed at the bruise on his face and her anger ignited again. He'd done something like this before? Did she even know her friends? She could Just as she was about to speak, one of her friends yelled at her. Levias dismissed her with his thumb, which she was not having. Not now. Taking a calming breathe so she didn't take out her anger on anyone that didn't deserve it, she turned, "One second!" They didn't look too happy.

"First of all, you're way more interesting than you think, so don't lower yourself to thinking like that. Second, I can talk to if I want to. They can deal, espeicially since they've done this before." Letting out a long breathe, she smiled. "Yes, I'm Rani. I'm flattered that you'd know it."

Once again, her friends called her, more urgent this time. She turned and glared at them. Turning back to Levias, Rani motioned towards the bruise, concern reflected in her sky-splattered eyes. "You really should put some ice or something on that. It looks painful."

Levias
11-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Levias nodded when she stated that she was flattered. "I only have heard it in passing..." He explained. He noticed that her anger was flaring as she yelled at her friends. Levias shrugged at her response to him. "Eh, maybe to you. To me, it doesn't matter what people think. I say let them think I'm an outcast. I don't care..." He said.

At her concern, he almost smiled. It had been a while since someone had shown concern for him.15 years... He thought to himself. Yet, he still didn't smile, and continued keeping the dull look on his face. "I've had worse, it'll heal in a day or so. If I were you, I would worry about your friend, he might not be able to move his stomach tommorow..." Levias explained, referring to the blow that he had delivered to Josh. His grey eyes didn't shine as other people’s did when light reflected off of them. They were dull, and almost lifeless.

Lacey
11-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Rani wondered what he meant by ‘I’ve had worse.’ That bruise looked nasty. At the mention of Josh, she wanted to say that he deserved, because he did, but that wouldn’t be nice. Even though he’d been incredibly stupid, it wasn’t nice to actually say that out loud. For a moment, she gazed at his eyes and what she saw made her want to cry. It was as if those eyes were dead. Just looking at them made her heart wrench into tiny little pieces.

“I’m sure he’ll be fine. Once he gets slammed into a locker for no reason, then I’ll worry about him.” She folded her arms over her chest, started to reach for him, and then hesitated. How would he react to what she was going to do? It was rather bold, but she wanted to. Rani couldn’t do look into his eyes and not do it. So she grabbed his sleeve and started to pull him back towards the school. “Ice.” He explained.

One of her friends, Rachel, ran up to her, looking warily at Lavias. She started whispering, “What are you doing?”

“Can you not see that bruise? I’m helping him.” Rachel sighed.

“Rani, I’m hurt too,” Josh said in a very annoying voice.

Rani grinned, “Yes, but you’re not a jerk.” She dragged him into the school.

Levias
11-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Levias wanted to struggle. He really did, but she had grabbed the sleeve of the arm that had been injured by his father. He cringed as his sleeve was dragged down against his shoulder. He was still carrying the CD Player. Now he obediantly followed her, lowerring his head, and slouching his shoulders, a trick he learned a while back to make him seem less visible to others. "I don't know if he will be fine, but okay..." He said quietly.

They came up to her friends as they walked towards the school campus. He heard one of them whisper "What are you doing?" while looking at him with a mixture of fear and annoyance. He knew this would happen. He sighed, and allowed her to bring him into the school. "I said I would be fine...I seriously don't think you should be doing this..." He said quietly, in an almost timid voice, while he slouched and looked down.

Lacey
11-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Rani stopped for a moment, turning to look at Levias. He was looking at the floor as if there were something incredibly interesting there and he was slouching. His voice had suddenly gone extremely quiet. As if he were trying to disappear. She smiled reassuringly. “Josh will be fine. He has all of those other people taking care of him. You don’t. Not right now. So, ta-da! I’m going to help you.

“And why shouldn’t I be doing this?” She tugged his sleeve again, pulling him towards the janitor’s room, where there was an ice maker. For a moment, he cringed and she felt a pang of worry. Had Josh done more than hit his head? Rani sat him down on a chair and found a bag, scooping ice into it. She gently put it on the bruise and held it there.

Levias
11-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I don't need someone to take care of me...I only need myself...' He thought, before following her into the closet. "You shouldn't because You don't know me at all. You are helping a stranger...I deserved in in one respect or another, I'm not that nice of a person..." He explained, before he watched her get the ice. She put it on his head, and Levias couldn't help but sigh in relief." Suddenly, Rani's friends came through the door, looking seriously at her,and a few were glaring at Levias. "See, this is another good reason. Your friends hate me, as I do them..." He whispered to her, watching One of the girls and Josh approach. Josh's glare was stuck on him.

"Come on Rani, Why are you helping this loser nobody? All he's ever done for us is glare and talk shit." Josh said, looking at her with pleading eyes. Levias grey eyes instantly glared at him. "Look, I may hate you, but that doesn't mean I say shit. And the only ones Ive glared at are the ones who I have almost had to permanently damage." He stood, and held the ice pack, before looking towards Rani. "I thank you for your courtesy..." He said, before he shoved his way through the group of ten that were stuffed into the closet. He slammed into Josh forcefully, and made him fall to the ground. "Stay the fuck away from me you rich, snobby jock..." He said menacingly, before leaving, and running at a speed that was unmatchable by anyone other than professional athlete's.

On his way home, he had to stop at a grocery store, which was where he also relaxed, because no one bothered him. It was an organic foods store, also very cheap for food. He worked the Customer Help Desk int he back of the store. He didn't even have to wear a uniform, only a nametag. He stood there, and watched as people walked by.

Lacey
11-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Rani gasped in disbelief at what had just happened. She hadn’t ever seen anything like that. So much hatred. And for what? Josh got up and shot a glare at the door. He then turned with a relieved smile on his face. All of her friends looked relieved, both because it was over and because Levias was gone. Josh moved towards her and put a comforting hand on her shoulder. “See, you shouldn’t hang around his kind too much. They just end up hurting people.”

She shoved his hand off of her shoulder. “Again, who the heck do you think you are? Are you really that petty that because someone might have some originality they need to be shunned like a plague? I was helping him, you jerk. Don’t talk to me until you finally realize what you’ve done.” Her eyes were again acidic. A few of her girlfriends went with her, trying to calm her. Only one of them seemed to agree with what she said, and that made her want to leave and never come back. Rani loved every one of her friends, but she couldn’t stand them being like this. It burned her soul.

“I’ll see you guys later,” she said, going to her locker and pulling her backpack out. Normally, she got a ride from a friend but she’d have to walk home today.

About half-way home, her stomach started to growl and she decided to get some sort of food. Not only would it kill her hunger, it would calm her down. As she went through the store, she thought about what to do about this situation she’d inadvertently caused.

Levias
11-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Levias saw her and instantly ducked behind the counter. "Dammit, I thought I lost all of them..." He whispered to himself. He noticed three shady guys following her, and they weren't her friends. They looked more like a couple of angry, smirking Levias', with different hair. He then recognized them. "Dammit...Why do I have to be a fucking hero..." He says, waiting for the Shady figures to do what he knew they would do. He saw Josh enter the store, looking at him, and waliking towards Levias. "Dammit not him..." Levias said, looking between Josh and The Three Shady figures that were about to mob Rani.

"Look, stay away from Rani. You're not good enough to be hanging around her." Josh said, glaring at Levias. Levias glared back and only nodded, before another customer came up and asked "Where is the butchery?" Levias pointed towards the right,a nd the lady thanked him. "Listen Josh. I hate you. I always have,m adn always will. I have no intention of being around someone associated with you. She came to help me since you and your idiotic friends tried in a feeble attempt to cause me pain. Let me tell you something." He said, leaning closer slightly, witha dangerous glint in his eyes. "I live pain..." He said, before getting down and flicking his finger towards the exit. "Now leave..." He commanded, and Josh simply left. He turned back to make sure that Rani wasn't being hurt by those three.

Lacey
11-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Rani hummed to herself as she browsed through some snack food. She saw some of her younger sister’s favorites and decided to get them. Just as she was about to grab it, someone tapped her shoulder. When she turned around, she was surprised to see a three guys with a strange glint in their eyes. A small bit of fear sparked in her but she pushed it down, smiling. “Yes?”

“We saw that you were all alone and were wondering if you’d like to hang out.” One said, and Rani pushed down her shock. Who were these people?

“Thank you for your offer, but I really have to get home.” She said truthfully, “I was just stopping in to get some food.”

“Are you sure?” They didn’t seem daunted by her answer, “We’ll have a great time.”

Rani didn’t bother pushing down her fear, but masked it with a smile, “I have to get home. Please, excuse me.” She tried to politely push past them, but they didn’t budge. There was steel air in her eyes when they didn’t move, and she stood straighter. “I advice you to move. My father will not appreciate it if I’m too late.” Or harmed. She wanted to scream. There was no way she could get out of here by force, and they probably wouldn’t listen to a word she said. Oh, Jesus, help me.

Levias
11-04-2009, 11:09 PM
"Dammit..." Levias said as he did a vault over the desk. He walked over behind Rani, and grabbed onto her shoulders. "Leave her alone..." He said menacingly. The guys smirked wider, and one chuckled. "Aren't you that kid who everyone is afraid of in our gang?" He asked. Levias pulled Rani back behind him, and glared at them. "I don't know, it depends on which gang you are in." He said. The three pointed to the logo of a Blood Red Dragon on their shoulders. "We're in the Red Dragon's. And We don't like Smartass Punks...Come on guys, lets see how tough he really is!" The one yelled, before he was punched square in the eye with enough force to make him fall, while the other two were in shock, Levias kicked on on the chest,a nd smacked one's temples with hsi palms, effectively knocking the man out.

"Fuck..." Levias said, before dragging the guys into an aisle, and laing them agains the long shelves of food. He did anything but look at Rani. He went back over to the desk,and sank down into his usual brooding self.

Lacey
11-05-2009, 03:36 AM
Rani closed her eyes when Levias pulled her behind him. The fear in her was escalating, though at the same time she felt safe. She heard their entire conversation, though didn’t register the words, until the sound of flesh meeting flesh met her ears. At this, her eyes flew open and she saw one of them fall. Levias’ motions were a blur as he brought them all to the floor. Her rescuer started to drag the thugs away when her legs gave out on her and she fell to the very floor they’d been knocked to. If Rani could have felt anything, she would have felt the pain shooting from her knees. Tears blurred her vision.

Her entire body was shaking as she tried to stand. She wiped away the hot tears and waited until her legs regained their strength. Rani looked frantically around for Levias. Grabbing her purse, she started walking around the store until she saw him at the Customer Help Desk. It was as if he hadn’t just saved someone, more like watched his best friend died or something.

Walking quietly up, her face red, she stood at the desk. “Thank you. That was…amazing. You saved me,” she smiled, “I told you that you were interesting.

Levias
11-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Levias watched her come towards him with a smile on her face. He grumbled something to himself, then stood straight up when she talked to him. He sighed and said "It was nothing. Consider it your repayment for helping me with the bruise..." He forgot that he had left the ice pack somewhere in the back room with all of his stuff. His bruise had lowered a bit. "It's not interesting that I kicked their asses..." He said, before shaking his head and looking back up at her.

"Why are you here anyways? Did you follow me? I told you I am fine..." Levias said, before looking to the entrance, which now had two of Rani's friends enterring,and looking around for her worriedly. "Look, your friends are her to find you, shouldn't you go with them? I'm boring, and not much fun to talk to, so you should probably leave...I should too..." He said, finally looking at his old watch. It was already the end of his shift.

He plucked his nametag off, and walked into the back room, before coming back out and nodding to her, hoping she would let him go in peace.

Lacey
11-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Rani felt her face burn in anger. It was as if he was accusing her of stalking him. She took a few quiet breath as she waited from him to come back out. As she did, she remembered the hungry look on the gang members’ faces. Shivers ran down her back and she pushed the memory back. If she concentrated on it too much, it would become locked in her brain. When Levias returned she was able to remain calm.

“I promise that I didn’t follow you. I decided to walk home and got hungry. This store is about halfway to my house, so I decided to get a snack. Besides, you’re way more interesting than you think. There aren’t many people that could have beaten up three guys before they got in a blow. Even I know that.” Seeing her friends, she knew she was really pressing her luck. They just didn’t trust Levias, which was insane. Rani gave Levias a big smile, “I guess you’re right. I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

She really hoped she would.

Levias
11-05-2009, 11:00 PM
"I'm not very proud to say that I have been in more than my share of conflicts, three is one of the least number of people in a group that I have had to fight." He explained, locking up the door that led to the desk.

At her next statement, he froze. He looked at her differnetly. Not, weirdly, just different. 'Why is it not working!? She's supposed to hate me for being a dick!' He thought to himself. He opened his mouth. Then he closed it. "Why?" He asked. He was truly confused. Nothing mattered other than that currently. 'Why does she care?'

Lacey
11-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Rani walked over to her friends, looking back a few times to see him. That look was priceless, and she doubted it had ever appeared on his face before that moment. “Rani, what are you doing?” Rachel asked, a concerned look on her face. With a glance at her friend, she rolled her eyes. Did this have to start up again? The walk here had cooled her down and it seemed they just wanted to draw this thing out longer than it should have been.

“Get all stalkerish thoughts out of your head. I wanted food, so I went inside a store. Honestly, I had no idea he was there. That was merely a perk.”

“You do know he’s just a thug, right?” Rachel retorted, and Rani gave her a look. They started out the store and Rani looked around once more, waving to Levias.

“And you’re just a dumb blonde.”

“Dumb blonde my ass! I have a 4.0 GPA.” At Rani’s raised eyebrows, “Sorry ‘bout the language, but why must everyone call me that when I’m actually smarter than they are?” They always seemed to apologize about that around her; a symptom of her wearing the silver necklace. The apologies go annoying because she didn’t care about what they said; it wasn’t as if she could change them.

“So you don’t like the stereotype because it’s wrong?” Rachel fell silent.

“Okay, okay. Life lesson learned. Just be careful around him, okay? His rep. isn’t the best.”

Rani was about to tell her that it should be, as he had just saved her, but felt it would probably be safer for him if her friends (the guy ones) didn’t know that he’d associated with her again. Really, they were pathetic. Just because she talked to them a lot didn’t mean that only they could do so.

“Whatever. I’ll be fine.” She did get a ride from Rachel.

As soon as she stepped through the door, her brother greeted her with a glare. “Way to leave me hanging.”

“There was a bit of drama at school I had to take care of, sorry bro.”

“Lucy is mad at me because I sent her to her room; she took some of those cookies we weren’t supposed to touch. Will you take care of it so she doesn’t shun me for the rest of her natural life?”

Rani grinned and kicked off her shoes, arranging them with her sock feet so they looked half way decent. She went to her room and threw her bag on the floor then went to Lucy’s. She knocked on the door quietly and said that she was coming in. The night after that was peaceful enough; Lucy forgave Kyle, her brother, after Rani talked to her about how he was just looking after her. She did her homework, ate dinner, and sat down at the keyboard she kept in her room. The tune was that from the ever popular song, fireflies, and she thought of the words. As soon as she’d heard it, she’d dissected the song and decided it was a good life song.

When she’d finished, she played a song that she’d played before she went to bed. Changing into her pajamas, she grabbed her notebook, the one that served as her prayer journal.

The last few words she wrote were this:

God, please be with Levias. Thank you for sending him to help me. I get the feeling that he needs You. Please keep him safe from whatever he needs to be protected from.

Your daughter,
Rani

She turned off the light and tried to sleep.

Levias
11-06-2009, 12:12 AM
(Damn, that was long, I shall match it!)

Levias watched after her, and idly waved when she did. He shook his head, then smacked it a couple of times, before realizing he was hitting the bruise. 'Ow...' He thought, holding his head as he walked out of the store, clocking in the hours that he worked. He couldn't contemplate it. Why does she want to see him?

He walked out, and went the opposite way than Rani did with her friends. It was the Ghetto. He began to see the changes in the houses adn buildings as he entered. He received a few looks from the various gang memebers hanging around, some nodding in repect to him. He had quite a reputation around here.

A Sixteen year old Levias walked down the street leading to his home. Suddenly, a group of about ten gang members. "Hey Punk, dont you know this is Red Dragons turf..."

Levias gave them a glare, and his blank face nearly scared a couple of them. "Move..." He commanded in a threatening voice. "Wrong answer SmartAss!" One of them yelled before three of them charged with switchblades in their hands. Levias grabbed onto one of the blades with his hand, drawing blood. He took the knife, and stuck it into the gang member that he stole it from.

The other two quickly were dispatched of their hands. They screamed in agony as They fell, clutching onto their severed limbs.

"Leave me the fuck alone..." Levias said, shoving the blade into his pocket, and walking towards his house.

He slowly entered, noticing the Car in the driveway. He entered his home to the smell of Alchohal. He glared at his father, who was sitting on his chair. Levias simply hoped that he didn't realize that he was here. He was about to walk down the hall, when he heard "You got your monthly rent?" From the living room, where the TV was on. "I'm getting paid tommorow..." Levias said, before feeling someone kick him down to the wood floor, creaking against it.

He grunted in pain, and felt his father pick him up. "I need it Now!" He yelled, punching Levias in the stomach, and throwing him into the wall, before leaving. Levias sat there, and silently sobbed, before stuffing his junk into his room, and walking out of the house, adn around the town. Eventually, he passed by the wealthier neighborhoods, his boots making a small clacking noise.

Lacey
11-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Rani woke up suddenly, her body covered in sweat. Something was wrong. It had to be. Putting her bare feet on the soft carpet, she escaped from her room. The carpet stopping any sound, she moved like a cat throughout her house, checking her siblings’ rooms. When she saw that all were sound asleep, she moved to the kitchen to get something to calm her nerves.

Maybe it was the day’s stress that woke her up. She practically inhaled two glasses of milk before looking outside. The cool air felt good so she moved out onto her porch, not bothering to turn on the light. Rani was addicted to the night; it was just as beautiful as the day, though it was a quieter beauty. One that could be breathed in slowly, not shoved down your throat in small doses.

A clacking was suddenly heard and Rani shrunk into the bench she was sitting on. Who else would be up at this hour. Squinting, she made out a figure and held in a gasp. This was too weird.

“Levias?” she stood and watched the figure, “Levias, is that you?” Why would he be here, in the middle of the night? She’d been living there long enough to know that he didn’t live here.

Levias
11-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Levias stopped like a deer in headlights. He noticed a light and Rani standing there with a glass in her hands. He nodded a little, and stepped closer to the light. As he did so, his back twisted where his father had kicked him, and he winced badly, twitching his eye. "Damn..." He muttered, rubbing it as he stood straight up. "What are you doing up so late? Then again, you're probably wondering why I'm here..." He said, looking to his boots. 'Why is she up? surely she doesn't normally stay up, and she looks like she was just asleep a few minutes ago.

He scuffed them on the curb and looked around him. "I don't really know myself...I was just walking and somehow ended up here..." He explained, before he felt teh pain on his stomach again. He instantly doubled-over, and fell to his knees in the grass, landing on his side, clutching his injured stomach.

(Sorry, I got writer's block here)

Lacey
11-06-2009, 02:44 AM
Rani gasped and ran down the steps, dropping the glass. By some miracle, it didn’t break but merely chipped and the milk spilled on the wood. She almost touched his back, but realize that it could be hurt as well. Seeing his pain made her want to cry, her blue eyes were already starting to mist. What had happened? Who would have done this to him? Trying to figure out what to do, she knew that it would be best to get him inside. An idea popped into her head.

“Hang on, Lavias, I’m getting some help.” Running faster than she’d ever thought she could, she threw the door open and was bounding up the stairs like a deer. She burst into her older brother’s room and he bolted upright. “What the heck—”

“Someone’s hurt.” By now, tears were running down her face. With no more question, Kyle got out of bed and followed her, shirtless, as she ran outside. No words were exchanged as Kyle quickly went to Levias. Her brother practically lifted him and he half-carried the boy up the steps and into the living room.

“Rani, get ice. Lots of it, and some bandages. That entire drawer in the bathroom full of that cream stuff would be great too.” Rani nodded and followed his orders. As she left, she heard this: “Now take off your shirt, dude, or I’m taking it off. No creepiness intended.”

Levias
11-06-2009, 02:56 AM
Levias couldn't move. He was hefted into the air by two bigger than average arms. His breathing was normal, but he heard the male voice directing Rani, who's breath sounded erratic. Was she crying? Levias couldn't tell. When he opened his eyes, he saw a guy standing over him and looking down at him.

“Now take off your shirt, dude, or I’m taking it off. No creepiness intended.” The guy said, referring to the article of clothing that seperated them from Levias' past. Levias cringed visibly, and hesitated. "I don't need it, I'm fine, it's a minor bruise..." Levias said, trying to desperately find a way out of this one. Only once had he reported his father, and he was severely beat for it.

The guy sighed, and said "I guess I can just poke here..." He paused to poke his stomach, making Levias grunt in pain, clenching his eyes shut. "And here..." The guy said, touching his shoulder, making Levias groan. "Fine..." Levias said before the guy had another lucky guess at where it hurt. He pulled the jacket and shirt off, revealing his slightly tanned skin, and scarred up wrists, along with the many cuts and bruises on his stomach, which was a regular six-pack, not fully sculpted out on him though.

The guy looked at his wrists, and then to him. "...Did you do any of these to yourself...?" He asked, pointing to the bruises. The scars were old, so he hadn't done them today. "No..." Levias said, before he heard footsteps down the hall. "I try to keep it to myself..."

Lacey
11-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Rani walked into the living room, arms full of everything Kyle had asked for, and more. Neither of them knew what was up, so she had to be prepared. As she was finally back into the living room, what she saw made her want to start crying again. In fact, she didn’t actually want to hold it back at all. So she didn’t. It probably wasn’t helping the situation (it wasn’t at all) but it was helping her get a hold of her own emotions, as they were spiraling in about fifteen directions.

She had never seen so many wounds on one person before. No wonder Levias was so hard; someone had to have made those bruises. How could he stand it all?

“Rani, dump all of that on the coffee table.” Kyle’s voice shocked her out of her thoughts and she hurried. It really was a lucky thing that Kyle was training to be a doctor. Looking at the bruises on his stomach, Rani knew that he could have some broken ribs, which would kill. Feeling useless, Rani wiped the tears from her eyes.

“So, how ‘bout them Yankees?” Rani said, trying to break the tension. Kyle sent a glare in her direction. There was an awkward silence and she got the nerve to ask what seemed like the forbidden question. “What happened, Levias?” Her blue eyes were shining with concern, staring at him through a slight mist.

Levias
11-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Levias watched as Rani came in, and when she saw him, the tears started showing. Levias turned his head away from her. This was why he didn't let people in. Because when they learned the truth, it might be too much for them. He cringed, hearing Rani's erratic breathing, from her crying.

He turned back to her and his lips twitched in an attempt of a smile. Her persistence was admirable. He almost fully smiled at her attempt at a conversation. But when the question of how he came to be like this came up, Levias' mouth went back into the sme flat line that it always was.

"My...My mother...She...Died when I was four... Right in front of my eyes..." He said, turning away from them. He felt a glance of pity from Kyle.

A young Levias ran around with the other children, in a game of tag. The sun was shining onto his face, his eyes glistening from the light and happiness. Suddenly, the children heard a scream. People were running away from the entrance to the street, and suddenly, a speeding car went down teh road, with guns blazing out of its windows. Levias hid behind a big rock, but his mother, who came to get him, was caught in the crossfire...

Thud...

Levias watched as the car sped away. He ran over to his mother, shaking her, saying "Mommy, please wake up...Mommy? Mommy!"

Levias explained the last part of what had happened. He let a tear fall from his left eye, and it glistened for a moment, before they returned to their dull state.

"Since...That...My father...He...Drinks...A lot..." He finished explaining, feeling sick to his stomach, remembering all the blood that coverred the street that day. He just realized he said his father had done it, and went wide-eyed, but didn't sit up strait. "Don't tell anyone!" He said loudly.

Lacey
11-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Rani swallowed tears. It was not what he needed, what he need was someone strong. Without a word, she slipped her hand in his and squeezed. What kind of childhood had he had? Watching his mother die at the age of four…what was this world coming to? “Don’t worry, Levias. My lips are sealed.” Her voice was like a breath of wind, soft and soothing. All of her urges to cry were gone. A strange kind of strength filled her. When there was a need to protect someone from anything, she figured anyone would feel this. A glint shone in her brother’s eyes; he would tell. Rani shook her head, and he sulked

Kyle gave her a glance, one that was like fire, and Rani blinked knowingly. That a father would do something like this to his son, it made them both want to kill. They never wanted to kill.

“You’re staying here tonight,” Rani said, as Kyle started applying all of his skill. She could only imagine how much that hurt

Levias
11-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Levias felt her squeeze his hand, and he was instantly filled with an unusual easiness. He felt her hand as she squuezed his. It was soft and silky, unlike his own rough hands. "Thank you..." Levias said, closing his eyes slightly, so that he looked less worried, and more relaxed. He noticed the exchanges between the siblings, but didn't say anything. When she said that he was staying, his eyes opened slightly. "I..." He started, but knew it would be pointless to try to get out.

While Kyle was fixing him, he would occassionally squeeze Rani's hand if something actually hurt. During the process, Kyle asked a question that probably bothered both of the siblings. "How long...Has this been happening?"

Levias shrugged a little. "A little over twelve years, but it got worse as I grew..." He said.
'Why am I openning up to them? Maybe it's becauseI haven't been able to for a long time...' He thought to himelf, before he noticed Kyle glancing to the scars on his wrists. Soon, he sighed and said "I would rather not talk about it..." Kyle seemed to want to know, but nodded, and finished up his work.

"Rani, you find him a pillow and a blanket, and get some ice for that bruise on his head...I'm going to sleep..." Kyle said tiredly. He walked away, and Levias loosened his grip on her hands, but she was still holding on.

Lacey
11-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Rani stared at Levias, half in disbelief and half in worry. Twelve years. Twelve years of being beaten by the one you’re supposed to be able to count on. Her father was so caring, he said he loved them every day, if not more than once. How long had it been since Levias had heard those words? Had it been those full twelve years?

Suddenly, she realized her hand was still in his. She forced down a blushed and gave his hand one last squeeze. Standing, she said, “I’ll be right back.” Standing, she hurried to the hall closet where there were extra pillows and blankets. For a second, she buried her face in the linens, smelling them. Smiling into them, she started back towards the living room.

“I have arrived,” she grinned, “Did you miss me?” Without asking for permission, she lifted his head and put the pillow under it. Unfolding the blanket, she spread it over him like she’d done for her younger siblings so many times. “Now for that ice. You want some water? Food?”

Levias
11-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Levias nodded as she left. He pulled his hands back behind his head and looked at the ceiling. 'Could I let her get through my defenses? What if it's just her, that wouldn't be so bad. It feels...nice to be around her...' He thought. Unconsciously, his lips twitched up slightly, into the smallest smile someone would ever see. 'Only her...No one else...' He thought, nodding to himself, before she came in, and picked his head up to place the pillow below it.

He looked at her as she asked the question. His smile didn't change sizes, but it was still there. "Food please...I haven't eaten since lunch..." He said exhaustingly. His bruises were all sore, meanin he felt like he was just pummeled into the ground by a cement-roller-thingy. He wondered if she noticed his smile. It was teh only smile he's had for years.

"I really have to thank you...For caring...For not dismissing me because of the way I act on first impression." He said, getting into a comfortable position while looking at her. And for one, his eyes got lost in someone elses. 'They are like the ocean...' He thought

Lacey
11-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Rani started grinning when she saw his smile. It was barely there, but it counted. It definitely counted. Looking again, she could see he looked exhausted. Which was understandable, do to his circumstances. She tried to think about what kind of food he’d like. Perhaps a PB & J?

When Levias thanked her, she was momentarily startled. Then she smiled warmly, “You’re welcome. I really am glad I met you, Levias. You’re chivalrous and not really afraid of what people think of you. It really makes it worth it, getting to know you.” Levias stared into her eyes, and she felt a small bit of heat rise to her face. Before, his eyes had practically been dead. They had life in them now, even if it was just a small spark. At least it was something; anything.

“Um, you like PBJ’s? Not allergic to peanut butter or anything?”

(Sorry it's so short)

Levias
11-07-2009, 12:58 AM
(Its all good)

Levias' smile twitched again. He nodded at her response to his thanks. He let out a small chuckle at the PB&J idea. "Nope, no allergies at all. I'm clean..." He said ina joking manner, still looking into her eyes, an dhe watched her face redden up in a blush. His mental self smirked, and he hid it.

A song played in his head. It was the chorus to Dehumanized, by Disturbed.

If I offer you my soul,
will you carry me away?
I cannot be the only one,
to be dehumanized again

He wondered why it was that song that had come up. He shrugged it off mentally, and began humming the guitar melody of 'The good Life' By Three Days Grace. His eyes closed in relaxation

(I actually couldn't come up with much either)

Lacey
11-07-2009, 05:23 AM
Rani didn’t have to think to make PB & J’s. She’d made more of them than she could count; it was all muscle memory. Instead, she thought about everything else. This day had been probably the most exciting and scary day of her life. No question. She’d looked at a stranger, said stranger had gotten beat up, she’d helped stranger, accidentally stalked stranger, then gotten saved by said stranger. Then, at an ungodly hour of the night, this stranger had shown up on her doorstep, collapsing with pain.

It was a full day and she sighed. Looking down at the sandwiches, she realized she was done and had already cut both diagonally. In fact, she’d almost cut off the crust but had looked down in time. She poured two glasses of milk and balanced it all precariously. On her way to the living room, walking as quietly as she could just in case he’d fallen asleep anyway, she realized she heard something. Humming. Levias was humming. That was unexpected.

For a moment, she stood there, listening. Rani liked his voice, wanted to listen to it some more, but she felt a little bit like a creeper standing there so she walked in with a big smile, “I come bearing gifts!”

She set the food down on the table with the milk. “Enjoy, my friend.” She raised her sandwich in a toast and took a bite. No matter how much food she ate, she always savored that first bite of the beloved sandwich. Simple beauty wrapped in white bread.

“What were you humming?” She suddenly asked, not one for subtleties, “it sounded pretty cool.”

Levias
11-07-2009, 05:41 PM
While she was gone, His humming became slightly louder, and he started singing the lyrics to it. He finished up as she came back into the room. Her smile was almost contagious, but Levias' smile still didn't move. "Thank you..." He said after her first statement, taking up one of the plates. When she said 'my friend', Levias stopped. He looked up at her.

It had been so long since someone had called him a friend...He shook his head a bit, trying to rid the thoughts from his head. He thanked her silently as he looked down to the PB&J that was on the plate. He picked up one of his pieces after she took her first bite. He looked at it with curiosity, and took a bite of it. He wanted to smile larger at the flavor, but still didn't. He figured that his current smile was enough, considerring she was grinning.

"This is...Really good..." Levias said, taking big bites, one after another. He picked up teh other piece, and finished it in less than twenty seconds. His hands went down and rested at his lap. "It's a song by Three Days Grace...You probably don't know who they are...But the song is called 'The good Life'. I can play it on the guitar..." He said, still looking at the plate in his lap.

"Can I ask you something?" He looked up and into her eyes, and for once, his eyes radiated warmth.

Lacey
11-08-2009, 07:37 PM
“Thank you,” Rani said at his compliment, nearly laughed out loud as she watched Levias scarf down the sandwich she gave him. As she took a bite, she again savored the sensation of taste on her tongue. It was sticky and delicious, like candy if it was healthy, though that wouldn’t be true candy at all.

When he said that she wouldn’t know who Three Days Grace was, she nearly choked. Of course she knew who they were. She didn’t really listen to them, but she knew who they were. Rani was about to tell him that little Christian girls weren’t deaf, blind, or ignorant when she heard the bit about the guitar. She looked at his fingers, trying to see if he had the calluses that came with playing that beautiful instrument.

“Can I ask you something?” Levais suddenly asked, and she looked up just in time to see him looking up. His eyes were probably the most wonderful thing she’d ever seen. They looked like a cloud with the sun shining straight through it. Shock took away her speech for a moment, but she smiled to cover it up.

“You just did, but you’re on a roll so keep asking.”

(Sorry I didn’t post yesterday, I wasn’t home)

Levias
11-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Levias smirked as she looked at his fingers, but his eyes lost the warmth. It had only been there for a moment, and he couldn't remember the last time it was. "So you know about the calluses, most people think its just 'Oh, look, he's holding down that string and playing, that's not hard at all.' You must have some form of musical knowledge..." He said, before going onto his question.

"Do you...Do you think that a person can change? Say that, hypothetically, Someone killed a person once. Can they change, or are they always a murderer?" He asked, looking into her eyes for an answer. He looked at the clock that rested on the wall. 12:59 it read. Levias shook his head and looked back at her. "Nevermind about the question...You should probably go to sleep, we still have school tommorow..." He said, pointing to the clock.

All the while, thoughts buzzed around his head like bees in a hive. 'She barely knows me, adn she is willing to help me even though I treated her so badly at first. I suppose I am lucky to have met her. Without her, I would probably be ona curb, throwing up my blood...' He thought, before pulling his hand up, and involuntarily showing his scarred wrists. He believed that she already saw them.

Pointing to the his hand, he nodded. "I'm surprised you didn't notice my calluses when you held my hand...I suppose now you want me to play for you sometime, am I right?" He asked, smirking a little again.

(It's okay, but I got a question for you. Are you into Fantasy/Mideval type roleplays? I got this one out called Soul Shards, I'm trying to get people to join, but no one has yet. Can you check it out and tell me what you think?)

Lacey
11-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Rani smiled, nodding. “My brother started playing a few months ago. He was whining about the pain until they developed. In fact, I tried it once to see if he was just a wimp and realized that playing the guitar is harder than I thought.” Her smile disappeared when Levias asked his question.

Even when he’d told her to go to sleep, she was thinking of that question; it was running in her head like the road runner, kicking up dust as it went. She wanted to answer his question well and was afraid she wouldn’t be able to. Her mind was working so hard that Rani didn’t register that Levias had said something until the full sentence was out. Luckily, her brain heard it subconsciously and the words flitted into her head. Unwanted, a blush spread across her face.

“Truthfully, I wasn’t really concentrating on anything like that. I…uh…was looking at your face to see when it really hurt…” The blush deepened. Then clearing her throat, she grinned, forcing the blood down. “And yes, I do want you to play. If you don’t there may or may not be serious consequences. Such as, no more PB & J’s!”

She suddenly yawned and realized that he was right; it really was to late/early to be alive. Standing, she started towards the stairs. Rani had just touched the railing when she turned.

“Anyone can change, Levias, though never on their own. No one can change without help.”

Levias
11-09-2009, 10:16 PM
"No one can change without help.”

The words ran through his head like a bullet. He looked down at his own wrists. The scars covered them like waves on a shoreline. He wondered what she thought of his scars, if she even saw them. He smiled, a bigger smile than before. It was a soft smile, and it wasnt a grin, so it wasnt very noticeable. 'I guess I can play for her...It might be nice...' He thought. Then he looked back down to his hands, before falling back into the couch.

His normally dreamless sleeps were now clouded with many different dreams...Maybe they could be considered visions...

Levias stood in front of the school grounds, holding onto his bookbag in one hand while it rested on his now-perfect shoulder. He walked through crowds of people, with a large weight in his other hand. People stared as he walked towards Rani, who was smiling at him. He hefted up the case in his hand, and nodded at her. Later on, in the auditorium, he was up on stage, with a large banner over his head. It read 'Talent show', and Levias started playing the guitar, and singing...

Levias walked into his home, and was met with a fist to his jaw. His father looked furious. "Where the hell is the money!?" He screamed. Levias glared and yelled back "I paid you yesterday!" His father sent two more punches, this time at his stomach. Levias doubled-over a bit, before he was thrown into the door. "I don't care! I need money!" His father screamed, poising a vodka bottle in his hands, ready to hit Levias with...

Rani's brother nodded towards him and said something that Levias couldn't interpret throught he dream. He felt himself nod, and smile. The smile was much bigger than any that he was showing in true life. He looked down at his hands and saw something, but it ended before he could tell what it was...

Levias looked into a pane of plexiglass that seperated him from his father. His father glared at him, obvioulsy wishing death upon Levias. Levias nodded and said "Father...I'm sorry that mother died...But I can't forgive you for treating me the way you did..." Before getting up, and leaving. On the outside of the jail, Rani's arms awaited him. They hugged, and she comforted him as a few tears spilled out of his eyes...

Levias awoke suddenly. He wasn't sweating, or brething hard. His heart wasn't racing wither. He just woke up. He looked at the clock. 4:00 AM it read. 'Almost time that I would have to start walking...' He thought, standing up off of the couch. He didn't want to wake anyone, so he went into hte downstairs restroom that he had to spend a minute looking for. He ran some water, then smothered his hair in it, adn used his own shirt to dry it. He got some water into his hands and put it into his mouth, swooshing it around to clean off anything from his teeth.

He pulled his shirt over his wrapped up chest, and looked into the mirror. His eyes had a bit of a glow, something he wasn't used to. He looked at himself closely, and also saw the shadow of a smile. He stopped it, but still saw the twitch. He walked back out, and was met by the stare of Kyle. "Yes?" He asked.

Kyle nodded towards him. "Why do you do that?" He asked. Levias didn't know why he wanted to know, but he looked down, deciding he could trust him. "My father...he makes me feel like I am useless...Like a waset of skin and air..." He said slowly, looking back down to his wrists again. Kyle nodded, but didn't lower the stare. "I trust you...You have a vibe about you that deems to be respected and trusted...I take it you are Rani's friend also?" He asked. Levias nodded.

"That's what I thought. Can you please help her if she ever needs it and I'm not there? I know I shouldn't ask you this, since I barely know you and vice-versa, but again, I feel like I can trust you." Kyle said. Levias nodded, and went over to the couch that he slept on, wincing as he bent down, as it stressed his muscles on his abdomen. He picked up the sheet and pillow, and looked over to Kyle, who pointed into the hallway that also had the bathroom. Levias nodded and took the sheets into the laundry room, setitng them down. He walked back out and relaxed against eh couch, with his jacket over his shoulders.

Lacey
11-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Rani woke to the sound of the alarm. She rolled over and hit the clock several times before she ended up getting the snooze. Trying to wake herself up, she rubbed her hands on her face. To her surprise, she felt wetness. Was I crying in my sleep? What the heck did I dream about? Wiping the tear-streaks away, she put her feet on the carpet and strolled to her dresser. Lazily, she pulled out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She dressed quickly so she didn’t get cold and picked up a brush. It took her about a minute to finish her hair; she didn’t feel like actually doing anything to it today.

Yawning, she went to her keyboard and turned it on. Her fingers started playing some random chords until she remembered; Levias.

“This is why I hate sleeping,” she muttered, practically sprinting out her bedroom door. Slowing herself so she didn’t look like a complete idiot, she made her way down the stairs to see Levias lounging on the couch. He seemed different. Rani couldn’t pinpoint it, but he defiantly had a different air about him.

“Morning!” She said cheerfully, grinning, “Did you sleep okay?” Suddenly, she noticed Kyle and pointed to the stairs with her thumb.

“I’m too nice to get the kids up, you go get them. I’ll start breakfast.”

“I’m so glad that I get to get them up and you get to feed them. I’m known as the house jerk.”

“It’s a title you must bear with pride,” Rani grinned, and Kyle rolled his eyes but went upstairs.

Rani went to Levias, “You better get up or you’ll be trampled by four small children that really hate waking up. And of course, being incredibly overprotective of their food-bearing sister, they’ll glare at you until you prove yourself.”

She motioned towards the kitchen, “Yet I know the way to their hearts! Give them food and they will adore you.” That was all too true; it was how all of her friends managed to get the approval of her younger siblings. Not one of them could cook worth anything, but as long as they served the food they weren’t the wiser.

“Are you ready to take on this challenge?”

Levias
11-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Levias watched with a raised eyebrow as Kyle sulked up the stairs. After her challenge to make food, Levias shrugged. "I guess I can make stuff...They don't mind spicy foods, right?" He asked, getting up,a nd pulling his jacket over his shirt, coverring his wrists. He walked over to the kitchen and began scouring their pantry, and cabinets. Soon, he found all of the necessities.

"Any allergies I should know about?" He asked, looking at her fully for the first time in the morning. She looked good. The Chaste look suited her. He smiled the very small smile for her, and turned back to his work. He had managed to find a skillet, and was currently putting onions into it., and pouring olive oil. He put a glass cover over it, and went to cutting upt he other vegetables, before putting them in. He heard a stampede of feet against wood stairs as he worked. He didn't even look as he heard the children instantly stop, and he figured they were watching him. He just kept working, wonderring why he was nervous.

He cracked ten eggs into a bowl, adn mixed them with half and half cream, before pouring the skillets contents out onto a large platter-type-dish. He didn't know what to call it. He put the eggs into the skillet, and closed the lid again, before turning the burner down. THen, he closed his eyes, and turned around to meet his judgement

(This must be very nerve-wrecking for Levias, lol)

Lacey
11-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Rani noticed him covering his wrists, but didn’t react. Of course she hated that he was hurting himself. In fact, she wanted to pummel him for it, but now wasn’t the right time to do so. She shook her head to his question, “Unless you’re planning to put aspirin in breakfast, you have nothing to worry about.” When he started working, a smile formed on her lips. He was absorbed in his cooking, and soon a smell that made her mouth water swelled in the kitchen.

The kids ran into the kitchen, attracted by the food like flies. When they saw Levias, they stopped with a confused expression on their faces. So they looked to Rani hoping for an explanation. She motioned for them to wash their hands, but they stayed still, watching Levias like a hawk. The looks on their faces were so serious; she wanted to burst out laughing. One of them even folded their arms over their chest, staring at Levias as if he could read minds.

When Levias did turn around, she almost laughed yet again.

“Kids, this is Levias, my friend.” She looked at her siblings and they barely moved. Pointing to the tallest of the four, a blonde, Rani started introductions. “This is Peter,” the next tallest was a boy with dirty blonde hair, “That’s Edmund,” the next was a boy with the same hair color as she, “That’s Lewis, though everyone calls him Jack,” the next was a tiny girl with blonde curls, “The cute one is Lucy.”

The kids stood silent for a moment, looking into Levias’ eyes. She gave him a comforting look and tried not to laugh.

“Why is he here? Now?” Lewis said, in curiosity, not malice.

“He needed someplace to sleep, so he came here.”

They accepted the answer and started washing their hands then gathering at the table. Their eyes still seemed to hold suspicion and Rani wanted to squeal because it was so incredibly adorable.

“Levias made breakfast just for you guys.”

Every one of the kids bowed their head and closed their eyes. Rani motioned for Levias to wait for one second. After a few moments, each child looked up and started to eat. When their faces lit up, she knew that he’d won them over. She herself took a bite and nearly chocked in astonishment. It was delicious. A little bit spicy, but it was perfect al the same.

“This is yummy, Levias!” Lucy said, smiling widely.

Levias
11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Levias felt nervous under the children's scrutinizing gaze. He had never felt this nervous. He nodded after she explained who each one was. "Nice to meet you all..." He said, trying to offer his shadow of a smile. Kids were his weakness. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't help but have a soft side towards them. They were just so innocent, and helped remind him of the good int he world. 'Wow, That was deep Levias' He thought to himself.

He turned back around and began to clean the skillet that he used as they tasted the food. He wouldn't be surprised if he liked it. He's had to cook for himself for a while now, and this was what he has made the most. Normally, he has a tortilla with it though. He chuckled in his head about that. 'Why do I have a fetish with mexican foods?' He asked himself in his head as he finished cleaning and putting the leftover stuff that he didnt use away.

“This is yummy, Levias!” Lucy said as he turned around to face them. Her voice was so innocent, it was like that little sister that was learning to speak. He mumbled a "Thank you" before looking to Rani for her reaction to the food. "Hey Rani, you might want to hurry, we're gonna be late..." He said, pointing to the clock. He then smacked his head and mumbled something about forgetting that his stuff was at his house... "Then again...I don't need it today..." He said to himself

Lacey
11-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Rani started to get up, but Lewis raised his eyebrows and pointed to her unfinished food. With a sheepish grin, she continued to eat the delicious breakfast.

"Hey Rani, you might want to hurry, we're gonna be late..." Levias said, pointing at the kitchen clock. She looked at it lazily and it took her a few seconds to realize what time it was.

“Shoot, you’re right!” Rani shoved the rest of her food down her throat like she was a starving child, then nearly threw her dishes in the sink. Running upstairs, she grabbed her bag and a few hairties to put around her wrist: just in case her hair decided to get incredibly staticy. Going back down the stairs, she threw on her flip-flops because her shoes took forever to get on, and stood at the door with a small smile on her face, “Now that my procrastination chaos is pretty much over, shall we go? I can get Kyle to take us or we can just walk.”

(sorry it's so short)

Levias
11-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Levias smirked at her as she ran around him to the stairs, and scrambling back down. He nodded and said "I think I can walk, how about you?" He asked, openning the door for her as she went out (Sorry for doing something for your character, I had writer's block unless i did this). AS they walked, Levias felt his bruises in a slight pain when he breathed. He glanced over to Rani a couple of times before deciding to tell her a little about himself.

"You know how I can fight pretty good right? It's because the people around me all made fun of me because I was weak, and my father was an alchohalic. You were wonderring about Josh and My history, correct? I thought you were. He used to pick on me everyday for the whole first quarter of fourth grade, then I got sick of it,m and retaliated. I have this...Will, I suppose you can call it, inside of me that refuses for me to lose. It makes me fight when I am attacked, and sometimes, it makes me go too far...Like when I finally fought Josh..."

Levias was punched in the stomach, before hitting his back against the wall. He looked up with an animalistic growl. He lunged forward, grabbing onto Josh's Shirt, and twisted him around to the wall, where he kick Josh in both knees. Josh wailed in pain, before he fell to the floor, and Levias stepped on his back,a nd pulled up the boy's left leg. He began to pull, andJosh was screaming. Soon, security was all over him, and he struggled, even getting out of their grasps for a moment.

His father beat him three times as hard that day...

He finished explaining, hoping that she didn't care what he had done. He noticed some of her friends up ahead, and they seemed to be waiting for them, They were already a block from the school

Lacey
11-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Rani was silent, mulling over what Levias was telling her. At first she was angry that he would hurt people so easily. She remembered seeing Josh after the fight he must be talking about it. Josh didn’t say a word about it, but she knew it must have hurt. At the same time, she knew that kids can be cruel because sometimes they don’t understand they’re hurting someone. By the time they realize it, it’s too late to turn back. To start caring. Plus, it must have taken a lot for him to come out and say what he did.

“I have to admit that I’m kind of mad about what happened to Josh, even though he probably deserved it. I understand though, Levias.” She gave him a quick smile, “Thank you for telling me.” A grin formed on her face, “I guess we’ll have to work on that, right?” She winked at him and finally noticed that her friends were waiting.

Most of them weren’t even trying to disguise their mistrust. Even their disgust. Rani almost groaned out loud. The girls would question her, interrogate her until she spilled. Which she wouldn’t do. She’d made a promise and she would keep it.

“Hey, guys,” she said when they were close enough, “What’s up.”

“Nothin’,” LeeAnn said with a smile. Rani felt relief that at least one of them had some sense. LeeAnn nodded at Levias with a small, nervous smile.

After a second, she noticed Josh but didn’t say anything. She was walking on a hair-thin wire here. And she found that she didn’t care.

(Tis okay, this would be moving at an inch a second if some of that didn't happen. :))

Levias
11-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Levias offered a nod and a small wave towards LeeAnn, who seemed the most prone to letting him stay witht hem. The other's glared at him, probably hoping that they could possibly stab him to death with glares and manicured nails. Levias smirked inwardly, thinking 'I just had to add that in there...' before he looked to Josh.

Josh's face showed a look of pure malice and hatred. He glared severely at Levias, baiting him with a look that said 'You are fucking dead' Levias looked at him with the dangerous glint that he could show whenever he was thinking about attacking.

When the friends started walking, Levias noticed a small hand gesture by Rani that meant for him to walk next to her. He obliged, and listened as one of the friends, a blonde named Rachel, asked "So who studied for the AP World History Exam?" nervously, trying to break the tension. Levias could tell from her voice that she was aware and slightly nervous of him around Rani.

The others answered with groans about forgetting to study. Levias didn't answer, figuring that it wasn't meant for him also. Rachel nodded ,and asked "What about you Rani?"

Lacey
11-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Rani saw the looks between Levias and Josh and fought the urge to sigh loudly so they’d get her drift. Of course, Rome wasn’t built in a day and that was probably easier than change the mind of people that just happened to be males. So Josh wouldn’t grab Levias and start half-killing him, she motioned for Levias to stand next to her.

“So, who studied for the AP World History Exam?” Rachel asked in an obviously nervous voice. Rani smiled as the groans started sounding around her. Of course they’d forgotten; they always forgot those kind of stuff. “What about you, Rani?”

Rani shrugged, looking at her feet as she walked. “Naa. I never study. All of those dates and words get themselves mixed up in my head. The one time I did study, I ended up failing even though I knew all of the information.” Every one of her friends was nervous; angry. They were being decent for her, she knew, but it was difficult for them. She knew they were worried she was losing her mind, because she decided that the all-American box was a coffin for creative thought.

She looked at Levias and wondered for a moment if he was still hurting as much as he was last night. His face was a mask, now that he wasn’t glaring at Josh, and she couldn’t tell. How many times had he gone to school as injured as he was now?

Levias
11-15-2009, 08:42 PM
They were enterring the campus, and the stares eventually left him as they simply ignored his existence as they talked. He liked it better this way. He heard Josh try to start a conversation with Rani, but wasn't paying to what he was saying. He was trying to focus on anything but the pain of his healing wounds. He felt a pang in his head, and remembered the last time he ran from his father. 'I won't tell anyone...' He thought, knowing his father would beat him just for leaving him without a punching bag.

Levias noticed Rani looking at him, and looked at her with a raised eyebrow. The bell rang out, and Levias shrugged, before walking away from the group, towards his first period class. He waved at Rani, a silent goodbye.

(As you can see, writer's block)

Lacey
11-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Rani gave Josh a look when he tried to talk to her. She meant what she said yesterday and, though that particular anger had faded, she would stick to it. It seemed of course, only LeeAnn actually remembered her saying it and she choked down a giggle. She was about to say something to Levias, but the bell rang.

She waved back at him and, only when he was out of hearing range, sighed. “You guys really could be more friendly.”

“It’s really weird.” Rachel said, a strange look on her face.

“And he needs to mind his own business. It’s not like we’re his friends or anything,” Josh growled. Rani gave him a look.

“He’s my friend. I’m not going to force you guys to befriend him or anything, cause that wouldn’t work out, but you could try to be decent. Levias isn’t a bad guy. A victim of stereotyping.” And, of course, his father.

“Whatever,” Josh mumbled as they split up to go to their first class. Rani shook her head and walked to her Algebra II class, concentrating her thoughts on her loathing of the subject.

Levias
11-16-2009, 02:46 AM
Levias heard them speak as he walked away. He slouched his head over, and smiled that small smile to himself. His thoughts travelled to her in his class, where they had a substitute teacher, so they basically did nothing.

His smile was gone, but as he looked away from everyone else, and out the window, the warmth and glow that had once been there last night came back. It stayed for a longer period of time, before disappearing. He growled slightly at himself.

'So I haven't scared her off...Big fucking deal...'He scoffed mentally at himself, before sighing, and silently asking himself "Who in the seven layers of hell am I trying to fool?" It made no sound, but he still mouthed the words.

'She actually cares about me...She smiles at me...Dammit man, you're getting soft over this!' He yelled at himself mentally, before going back to look at the details. 'I glare at her, her friend hits me with a textbook into a locker. She helps me, I storm out. I help her, she thanks me and leaves. She helps me again, I stay at her house to sleep, therefore innevitably prolonging another beating. Oh yea, things have gone just fucking peachy...' He thinks, before he realizes that the bell has rung.

He walks into the hall, remembering that he has Rani, LeeAnn, and Rachell all in his next period AP Literature class. "Damn..." He said to himself, before walking towards the room

Lacey
11-17-2009, 02:37 AM
Rani hardly concentrated on her teacher; his words were gibberish to her ears. She could stand most things, but one thing she couldn't stand was a math lecture. They would never care what x to the fourth plus x squared minus nine was ever in their entire lives. So why should they now?

Looking at her page, she began to write random words. They meant nothing but after painstaking hours, they could. Hmm... sulpher... staccato... maiden... bruise... heal...

Putting her pencil down, she gazed at her math teacher, who really didn't know how to teach math, as if she were listening. Truthfully, her fingers on her right hand were moving as if the desk were a piano and music was sounding through her head to the time of the seconds ticking by.

"Now do page..." she snapped out of it and wrote down her homework; it was easier to figure out through the book anyway. Unlike someone she knew.

One minute, Levias could be opening up to her, the next he'd be a wall that no one can overcome. He was simply different, and Rani liked that. If somebody didn't care, neither did he. She wished she could be like that; pretend that no one was watching and be herself.

The bell rang, tearing her out of her thoughts and she quickly collected her things and started towards her locker to get her textbook for her next class: AP Lit.

A small smile graced her features. It was one of her favorite classes. They delved into books as if they were mines, tearing them apart so that they could truely understand what their creators wanted to convey to an audience as large as the world. What was going through their head when they killed so-and-so or when they created that certain setting. It intruiged Rani to the fullest, unlike many of her classmates. The ones who only read such books that were socially acceptable. Whoever said that literacy was stupid needs to get their brains checked.

Levias
11-18-2009, 02:26 AM
Levias quickly stepped into the class, carrying his textbook, and he took his usual seat a tthe back of the class, away from everyone else. His breathing was abnormal, because of his chest injuries, so he had to sit a certain way to not choke.

He remembered that he did not have his things, right before Rani and her friends came in. Naturally... He thought as she sat next to him. She smiled in his direction, and he offered a small smile back. He looked down to the textbook on his desk. The teacher started going on about advanced infinitives, and compound negatives, and so on and so on (I am actually not sure if that second one exists)

Halfway through class, Levias found himself taking sneak-glances at Rani, He stopped himself before taking another. Dammit! Why am I doing this!? Oh yea, she saved me, I suppose I owe her something don't I? THat's whats wrong with me, I have her on my mind becasue of her help...Did she just look at me? Levias could have sworn that he saw he take a glance at him, but it could have been his imagination. He looked down to his desk, letting his head rest in his palms, and resting his eyes

Lacey
11-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Rani propped her head up on her arm, hoping that it wouldn’t fall asleep. It was difficult to concentrate when your limbs feel as if a feather is tickling them. The teacher was reviewing something-or-another that related to double negatives. That was one of the things that she didn’t understand about humans; why did we have to give complicated names to simple things? Calculus can simply be called Hell, and so on. ‘I hope thinking that isn’t sacrilegious or something,’ she thought, her eyes shining.

For a moment she glanced at Levias, noticing that he was sitting strangely. Is it his stomach? Worry made her look away, and LeeAnn, who sat diagonally from her, looked back as if sensing something. She saw the look in Rani’s eyes and gave her a look that was asking her what was wrong. Rani shook her head and her friend looked away, knowing she would get no more looks out of the girl.

“Rani, would you give us an example of a compound negative?” the teacher asked her, startling her out of her thoughts. She thought for a moment and then came up with something.

“I didn’t not remember what you told just told us,” some of her classmates chuckled and her teacher moved on with a roll of her eyes. Rani glanced again at Levias, who was resting his head in his hands. [I]God, if he’s hurting, please help him…” Subconsciously, she touched her necklace and then started listening to her teacher again.

(Sorry I've been posting ishly (umm...making up words is...er...fun?...)Exams are killing me. *headdesk*)

Levias
11-20-2009, 12:16 AM
(It's all good, i finished all of mine already, so Im good again. Exams arent really much of a challenge for me. I was born lucky witht he ability to retain information after hearing it subconsciously xD)

Levias had fallen asleep for five minutes, before waking up. He felt as though someone was thinking about him. He looked over at Rani, who was touching her cross, almost nervous looking. He quickly stole a paper from the kid in front of him, withoutt he victim knowing, and scribbled a drawing onto it. He then wrote something.

It was a picture (very poorly drawn may I add) of the teacher scratching his nails on a chalk board, while ranting, and looked like a comic. It showed a Levias standing behind him with a knife in the 'Psycho' movie pose, grinning. At the bottom it read 'I was bored, please don't show anyone my poor drawing skills...Dont laugh too loud'

Levias smirked to himself,and quickly passed it to Rani, before turning away, waiting to hear coverred laughs. Even he hemself was smirking. He imagined that it was actually happening, and his smirk grew a little lopsided.

(I even tried to picture that, and ended up laughing, cause I was thinking stick figures)

Lacey
11-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Rani bit her lip, the corners of her mouth turning upward. She put her hand over her mouth when this didn’t suffice. The picture was hilarious in itself, but the drawing was quite horrible and the two combined made an interesting effect. An effect that made her want to laugh out loud. Taking a breath shaky from the suppressed laughter, she gave Levias a shining look and turned the paper over and started scribbling.

Her handwriting was probably the complete opposite that a girl’s should be, as bad as chicken scratch, so what she wrote had merit:

I am writing these poems
From inside a lion,
And it's rather dark in here.
So please excuse the handwriting
Which may not be too clear.
But this afternoon by the lion's cage
I'm afraid I got too near.
And I'm writing these lines
From inside a lion,
And it's rather dark in here.

Looking up to make sure their teacher wasn’t looking, she put the paper on his desk.

Levias
11-24-2009, 05:32 AM
Levias read the poem. Interesting... He thought. He nodded to himself. He began writing a song that came to his head. He figured he didn't have to be original in these notes.

He wakes up haunted
With voices in his head
Nobody knows it but today
He won't go unnoticed
He can't forget
Can't forgive
For what they said
He's never been
So hurt but
Today the screaming
Is over

At the bottom there was a note that said I in no way own this, jsut pointing that out...

He smiled to himself, thinking of the song, and begna humming the guitar riffs. He turned to her with the smile,and handed her the note, before turning back to the window, where a bird passed by, behind its formation. 'Like me...' He thought, watching it stutter in its flying right when he thoughtt that. He looked down to his wrists.

Lacey
11-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Rani smiled as he smiled at her and made sure the teacher wasn’t watching then looked down at the paper. Her eyes, used to words so much that she absorbed them in great amounts, went through the words several times in the seconds she looked at the paper. She’d heard the lyrics before; her younger brother liked Three Days Grace, she knew some of their songs. It was thanks to him that she started branching out in music.

She thought hard, her pencil tapping softly on her desk. Levias needed some encouragement; he didn’t need revenge or worse…she shuddered inwardly at the thought. With a sudden realization, she had a song in mind; it had that very tempo. Furiously, she started scribbling:

Hold on to the world we all remember fighting for,
There's still strength left in us yet
Hold on to the world we all remember dying for,
There's still hope left in it yet

And sing…
Sing
Arise…

Arise and be,
All the you dreamed…

I didn’t write this either.

With a glance at the blabbering teacher, she handed the paper to him with a smile.

Levias
11-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Levias looked at the words intently. His analytical mind tearing them apart. He knew the song. The guitar melody instantly came to hsi mind, and his fingers played imaginary frets. He nodded to the melody in his mind. He wrote back.

Arise. Flyleaf. Good song. Okay Band.

He passed it back, and the bell rang. He had a free period now, and didn't know whawt she had. He stood and waited for her to pack up. He felt as though he was being watched. Sure enough, he saw Josh at the door, glaring at him. Levias felt his blood pressure spike, about to go over to deal with him, but remembered Rani. I have to control myself...

Lacey
11-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Rani grinned, throwing the paper into her binder as the bell rang. She gathered her stuff quickly, though it, embarrassingly enough, took much longer than it normally would. Of course, she usually didn’t pass notes so her stuff was ready to go two minutes before the class was over. She looked at Levias and, out of the corner of her eye saw Josh. Must those of the male species always cause trouble?

“You’re insane,” she told Levias with a playful smile, “Flyleaf is a band of epic proportions.” They started walking towards the door and she lowered her voice so only Levias could hear, “Ignore him. He’s my friend, but he really does need to get over himself,” As she said the words, she couldn’t help but giggle a little.

“So, I have an independent class next, what do you have?”

Levias
11-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Levias shrugged. "Same..." He said. He smirked. "Flyleaf is nothing compared to the awesomeness that is Three Days Grace. And Disturbed." He said, his smirk bearing a teasing look. "I am trying to ignore him, believe me..." He said under his breath.

He saw something interesting in his feet while Rani talked to her friends. He slouched his shoulders, becoming less visible to others. He didn't know what they were saying, but right now it didn't matter

(sry writers block)

Lacey
11-26-2009, 11:12 PM
“I disagree there. Lacey is the best, and Pat, Sameer, James and…jeez, what’s the other one…ahh, yes, Jared are the best! And I love their name. Flyleaf…did you know that a flyleaf is that blank page for the dedications and stuff? I think it really cool…” Rani trailed off, blushing. Rachel, LeeAnn and Josh laughed and she sent glares in their directions. Seeing Levias staring at his feet, she looked down too.

“Nice shoes,” she commented with a small smile, then lowered her voice, “Don’t look down. You have nothing to be afraid of. If they can’t accept that you’re…you…then they can go jump off a cliff.”

“Rani, you’re obsessed,” Josh said, teasing. Every once in a while, he glared a Levias, when he thought she wasn’t looking, “You didn’t used to like that kind of music,”

“That just means my horizons are broader than yours, for your information.” She said, defending herself, “Not that you’d know anything about that,” Rani’s eyebrows were raised as she said this and Josh immediately looked down, knowing to what she was referring to.

(It’s no problem! Happy Thanksgiving, btw)

Levias
11-27-2009, 03:48 AM
Levias smirked at her comment on him looking down. "Yes. I got them at a discount price..." He said jokingly. The truth was that he had found the shoes, and they fit him. He nodded at her next statement. He whispered back. "I would prefer it if Josh would do that..." He looked up at Josh's comment about the music.

"Rock is the best form of music there is." He said, and for the first time, contributing something to the group's conversation. LeeAnn and Rachel looked at him, seemingly relieved to finally hear something from the statue that was Levias.

Levias heard something. It sounded like screaming. And gunshots. His eyes widened, adn he looked down the hallway. Outside, there were some members of the gang that Killed Levias' mother, doing a repetetive Drive-by. Students ran and screamed, though none were getting killed. Two students got shot in the arm or leg, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. What was worse. It was a gangwar. The Home-Gang (Who owned the turf) was now using theh insides of the school for cover. They ran in, sporting Uzi's and Pistols. A few held AK-47's. Levias pushed the frozen Josh, LeeAnn, and Rachel into the class, before pulling Rani in. "Stay..." He whispered to them. They had the lights off, adn the teacher was also hiding.

Levias reached into his pocket, pulling out a knife and his other had reached into his other pocket, pulling out a small Military Knife. He handed the Switchblade to Josh. "Truce for now, protect them..." He said, sneaking itno the hallway, hiding behind a trashcan.

"Shit..." He said to himself. He looked back at the people he pulled out of the fray. "THis shouldn't be happening..." He said to himself. He heard people cowerring under the vicious members, who were rounding the occupants of the building into certain rooms, such as the cafeteria, and the auditorium. One patrol was coming this way. He stayed behind the trashcan. The man walked to the door, not noticing Levias, and was knocked out. Levias stood behind him, with the butt of the knife where the man's head was.

He plucked the gun up in his hands. It was a modified UZI. He shrugged. It would have to do. "Josh, get your ass up here..." He whispered. Josh did, trembling. Levias grabbed the front of his shirt and held him face to face. "Get them to that bathroom across the hall..." He said, before shoving Josh back in. Funny, take away the jock skina dn easy life, look what you have, a trembling wimp... He thought. Josh got the girls and began silently taking them across the hall. "Rani?" He asked, looking back into the room, wonderring why she didn't go with him.

(HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO YOU ALSO! Sorry, i got this idea, and it helped me with my writer's block)

Lacey
11-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Fear was coursing through Rani, that was undeniable. She wanted to run, scream, hide more than anything. Nothing like this should be happening; not at her school. Her school was never supposed to be on the news for any reason. If my brothers find out…. They would find out and never let her out of the house again, or Lucy, for any matter.

She was trembling, no, she was suppressing the trembling now. Which wasn’t at all better. Rani’s blue eyes were hard; she couldn’t show her fear; she shouldn’t be afraid of anything, right? She didn’t follow Josh.

“I’m not leaving.” Her voice shook; how lovely. That wouldn’t give anything away. Looking at her friends across the hall, who were concentrating on not running into any of the gang members. She nodded towards the gun in his hands. “You were just injured; I’m not letting you do something stupid. My brother would kill me.”

Folding her arms over her chest, she tried to slow her heart, which was beating faster as adrenaline coursed through her veins, telling her to move; to get out of danger. “I won’t…I won’t let you get hurt again.”

The gun startled her. Paintball guns; lots of fun. Real ones; not so much. And that he would wield it so easily…he really must have been through a lot. A lot he hadn’t told her, which was fine because they’d only really met just yesterday but to carry around baggage like that.

“If it kills me, I won’t let them hurt you.” Her eyes flashed, “and I don’t take life so lightly to be able to say that easily.”

Levias
11-28-2009, 04:56 AM
"Well If I don't do something stupid, you will be killed before your brother can get to you." He said, going over to her. The teacher had long since jumped out of the second story window, probably now with a broken leg. He pulled her over to the teacher's desk, and sat down next to her. She may not have realized it, but wet streaks were forming on her face.

"It doesn't matter if I get hurt again...All that matter's right now is that I get all of you out..." He said quietly to her after her second statement about her not letting him get hurt. "And if it kills me, I won't let them get you. Now come on..." He said, picking her up, and slowly wrapping her arms around his neck, adn slid her onto his back, considerring she seemed to be immobilized by fear.

The only possible way he could do this was adrenaline. There was a quick Boom... and the ground shook slightly. Levias' eyes widened. 'They're using grenades?' He thought, carrying Rani on his back. The hallway was open and empty. THe downstairs and balconies were wher the people were. He saw Josh trembling withthe other girls. "Come on..." He hissed. He led Josh adn the other two girls down the hall, stopping every few seconds.

THere was a repetetive ta-ta-ta sound, meaning gunfire. Levias looked out of the exit that went to the stairs on the outside of the building. THere were two guards. Josh couldn't help him, due to the fact that he was shaking. Levias put the gun unto the ground, and took his switchblade from Josh. He set Rani down and whispered "I'll be right back. I promise..." He comfortingly put a hand on her shoulder adn nodded.

Silently, he exited the doors. THe two were looking around, adn their backs were wide open. 'Amateurs...' Levias thought, before hitting them withthe handles ont eh back of the head. THe two fell, and Levias picked up one of their guns, the other one had binoculars and a walkie-talkie. Levias picked up the binocular, and checked around. He threw them down onto a lone guard that was slowly walking up the staircase. It hit the guard on the center of the head, adn knocked him out, probably with a concussion.

Levias walked back in. His adrenaline was pumping, and he had the look that he always had in a fight. He hadned Josh teh knife and the gun, which probably made him more nervous. "Only use it if you absolutely need to..." Levias warned, pointing at the safety, which was on at the moment. The one on his gun wasn't, because he wasn't a trigger-nervous-wreck. He bent back downt o Rani. "Are you okay?" He asked, seeing if she could move on her own.

Lacey
11-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Rani let herself be put on his back. She hadn’t been on piggy-back in years and it felt comfortable, even in all of this. Burying her face into his back, she tried to forget everything that was going on; there were no guns, no gang members. Nothing like that could touch her, even get near her. Right?

At least we know you’re delusional, she thought, tightening her grip when the ground shook with a sound like thunder. I hope I don’t accidentally kill Levias—death by helping a friend… A choked sob, that she’d though would be laughter, escaped from her throat and she realized she was crying. Well my day is totally ruined. In her brain, she wanted to chuckle, to be able to do something, but that seemed not to the plan, though the need to sob was gone, even if tears were streaming down her face still.

The gunfire made her jaw tighten. Levias stayed calm, taking the switchblade, which was pretty much useless in Josh’s hand, and set her down. All feelings of comfort went away, until he put his hand on her shoulder. “I’ll be right back. I promise…” She bit a trembling lip. Rani wanted to say something, to say exactly what was on her mind, but she couldn’t get it out until he’d gone.

“A promise is forever…” she said, holding her hands together as she tried to get a grasp on this fear that wanted to run away from her after taking hold.

She bent her head, clasping her hands together, sitting on her knees. Where have I seen this before…oh, yes…when used to pray before bed…maybe I should…yes… So, she started to pray. It wasn’t made of coherent words, not even in her mind, but merely emotions. A plea for the safety of her friends and her, for him to forgive her of anything she’d done or hadn’t done.

Suddenly, familiar words came to mind, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil… she let out a breathy laugh, probably sounding insane. King David was way better than I at this whole ‘not panicking’ thing. God please… Rani suddenly felt calm, the fear melted away, as if someone had just scared out all of the monsters under her bed. She wiped away the tears streaming from her eyes, pretending she didn’t probably look like a tomato.

Then Levias was back, quite alive, though there was a weird glint in his eyes that almost brought back the fear back. Almost, but not quite. He gave Josh the blade back and a gun, and she almost laughed. As if he could use them without hurting himself. When he bent down, asking her if she was okay, she grinned like a maniac.

“Don’t ask me to explain it now, because right now I’m more than okay.” Looking at Levias with a soft smile, “Tell me what to do.”

Levias
11-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Levias smirked. "At least someone other than me has a hold of themselves..." He said, before he turned serious again. He swiftly took the other gun from Josh, luckily it was another UZI. He also took teh knife, adn handed both of the blades to Rani. "If anything happens to me, you defend yourself with these..." He whispered, looking into her eyes. He nodded, and got up, looking both ways down the hall. It was quiet. There was then yelling downstairs.

"Come on..." Levias said, leading them down the first section of stairs, wielding both of the weapons. One of his hands was shaking very slightly, not enough to be noticed though. He flipped the safety off, and shat a few rounds off ot distract some people insied. He stopped,and waited. A moment later, bullets sprayed through the glass, shattering it like a hammer on thin ice.

When the bullet sstopped, Levias knew they were reloading. He got out, adn began firing the weapons ino the first floor hallway. THe people inside instantly ran for different rooms. Levias motioned for the others to go. He quickly used one of the three spare clips he had to reload one of his guns, which had only had five bullet sin it. Three bodies littered teh ground inside the building, but Levias hadn't killed them.

He winced, and return fire started coming back. He quickly rolled over to the others. He winced again, becuase he rolled on his shoulder. "We can leave now..." He whispered, quickly crouching and moving over bewhind teh staircase. He still had the guns in hsi hadn, just in case. Soon, a voice rang through his ears.

"Levias!" He heard someone whisper. He looked up on teh staircase, and there was an acquaintance of his. THe guys name was Runox. He jumped down to them. "I didn't know it was your gang fighting." Levias said, now losing the energy to continue, but not willing to give in. Runox nodded. "Don't worry, none of the people were harmed, just the gang members..."

Levias gave a grunt, then fell to his back, flicking the safety's on the guns. He tossed them to Runox, who caught them adn put them at seperate holsters that he had. He was panting, and his eyes closed. "Thank...you..." He said in between the heavy breaths.

Lacey
11-28-2009, 09:08 PM
“Nothing is going to happen to you,” The serenity hadn’t left her; she truly believed nothing was going to happen to them. It was as if she had to. There was nothing else to consider; to even think of considering. They would be fine. As she followed her new friend, Rani’s blue eyes looked like a lioness’, ready for anything and everything. Daring trouble to come her way. She wasn’t afraid anymore.

Rani clutched the knives; she hadn’t ever really hurt anyone before. Paintball welts, bruises from wrestling, but nothing like this. How was one supposed to use these? Not that she would have to, right?

When he fired, she cringed, jeezum, that’s loud. Glass shattered and she winced as some cut her skin and held back a scream. Rachel didn’t. LeeAnn was trembling, though she seemed more in control than Josh and Rachel combined, the former of looked like a child in the dark. There was no way any of us was prepared for this. If Levias hadn’t been there…

At Levias’ motion, Rani pushed the others into flight mode. As she moved, the cuts stung but she ignored the pain. They stopped when the return fire came. She saw his wince when he moved towards them but didn’t say anything; she could scold him later.

The voice made her jump, clutch the blades until her knuckles whitened. When he seemed to know Levias, she relaxed a little bit. The knowledge that the gang members were harmed brought a momentary thought of joy, but she smashed it. They were hurt, that shouldn’t make her happy, it should never make her happy.

“Levias?” she asked when he fell, rushing to his side “Levias!?” He was breathing heavily, he must have been in pain or…or something. Maybe he was just out of energy? She looked to the person he’d thrown his guns to, “You have a candy bar or something?”

“What?”

“Water, candy, something edible? Do you have it?” she asked, checking her own pockets. There was a Jolly Rancher. Rani poked Levias’ nose. “Eat this. Right. Now.

Levias
11-30-2009, 03:16 AM
Levias flinched slightly when someone poked his nose. He opened his eyes, and saw Rani's concerned blue orbs gazing into his. He opened his mouth to say something, but noticed the Jolly Rancher. He took it into his mouth, before chewing roughly onto it, not really worrying about the pain.

"You do realize I'm tired right?" He asked jokingly, showing a bit of emotion, before turning to Runox. He sat up, taking Rani's offer of a hand, and looked Runox in the eyes. "What the hell is this about man? The gang's know that this is a no-war territory. Some of tehm even go to school here, so what the hell is happening?" He asked, standing up, his voice raising a bit.

Runox hesitated physically. "Have you ever felt like you were making a choice that you are actually against, but something is making you do it?" He asked. Levias shook his head. "I only do what I want to do..." He said.

Runox examined him for a moment. "I think you might have one in you..." He said to himself. He sujddenly put a finger to Levias' forehead, and Levias was instantly in a defensive position. "Of course..." Runox said to himself.

"This all makes sense now!" He again said, obvilously finding something Levias did not. "What?" He asked, giving Runox a strange look. Runox looked him in the eyes,and suddenly, his eyes changed colors from brown to ocean blue. When someone expieriences a tragedy, emotions are poured out of the body. You know this, correct? Well, whatever you have expierienced in your life had done that at least once. When this dam of feelings is opened, these... Spirits... Have a chjance to get in you. When they do, they can choose to 'Host' you, or leave you. Each one gets into the brain or soul, though no one really knows which, and begins to change your life. It might be physical, and/or mental..."

Levias nodded, starting to understand. He wasn't a believer in stuff like this, but this sounded like himself more and more as it was explained. "The final abilities...Are all elemental and superhuman...Your reflexes for example, are amazing, adnd inhuman. That might just be your training, but the being inside of you might have done that. FOcus your strength into your palm...Just try it..." Runox said as Levias gave hima weird look. Levias did as he was told,a nd his arm was trembling a bit.

Suddenly, and sphere of wind began forming,a nd everything around them was shaking, being pushed away by the wind, but only trees really moved. Levias fell down, and the sphere stuck in hsi palm after it absorbed the other wind int he area. "I...I can't help youu anymore than I already have..." Runox said, before a sudden burst of water came from the ground. When it disperesed, Runox was gone.

Levias looked to Josh adn Rani's friends, who weren't even paying attention throughout this whole conversation, then he looked to Rani, who was staring back at him

Lacey
11-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Is there another word for shock…except…you know…bigger than shock? Rani asked herself, blinking. She should be terrified, screaming, running into or through solid brick walls. Not staring like a creeper at the one he or she is stalking (would they be referred to as the stalkee?) Of course, Rani started to rationalize, this is just a dream. A dream caused by seeing a boy writhing in pain from getting beaten up by his father. That kind of horror had to cause weird dreams, and of course there must have been something in that sandwich you made last night. Or just eating before bedtime: that really isn’t that healthy, as everyone seemed to tell me.

“Hoo, boy,” she said in one breath. As if what she’d seen was only a little bit out of the ordinary. Not absolutely impossible, or anything remotely close to that. Impossible isn’t a word, right? It’s only a reason for someone not to try…

She scratched the back of her neck, wondering when she would wake up. “So…” she blinked a lot, then pinched herself. “Youch,” she muttered. Closing her eyes, she waited to feel a pillow beneath her head and her sheets thrown from her bed, as she’d probably done that with this strange dream she’d been having. Opening her eyes, she suppressed a groan. No such luck. Either this was real or she’d just discovered she was schizophrenic. Or just delusional…maybe she had been reading too much lately…

“Umm…” she said, then cleared her throat, “I think I’m a smidge confused on what just went on here. Last thing I knew, there was a bunch of shooting and then suddenly there was a spout of water and that one guy went…er…poof.”

Rani felt a little bit dizzy, but ignored the feeling; she was going to be fine. “And then uh…the…er…wink…um, I mean, wind…it…well…” What was that called when you started to go black, tunnel vision? Well, of course, she started to experience that. Taking a few deep breathes, she fought it and stood up. Her legs felt shaky, but she’d be quite alright, it was no big deal. What she’d just seen was a big deal, not a little dizziness.

Her mind felt fuzzy. This has to be a dream…

Levias
12-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Levias looked at her, chuckling at her response to this all. Of course she thought she was dreaming. He also thought he was delusional until he saw her expression. She looked uneasy, and slightly shaken. She began to tip from side to side like a slowing dradle. Levias was at her side, holding onto her shoulders. She was out cold. Levias sighed, adn looked to Josh adn them, who looked at Rani, concerned. "I will take her home. LeeAnn, you make sure Rachel and Josh get home, because you seem a lot less shaken..." Josh was going to object to him taking Rani home, but Levias glared and said "You were just trmebling and almost crying. You don't hav ehte strength..." Levias said, picking Rani up onto his back. He winced once, before he began moving.

To his surprise, no one was home. While holding Rani, and struggling to do so, he found a spare key under the welcome mat. "Typical hiding spot..." He said, trying to distract himself. He walked in, and wen tover to the couch that he had slept in the night before. SGoing back to shut the door, he looked around for the closet that she had gotten him the spare pillow from. He found it,a dn walked back in, lifting her head up slightly, adn putting the pillow under it. He took her flip-flops off of her feet, before sitting on a smaller chair. His head dropped back a bit as he dozed off slightly, before he shook himself awake. He looked at his hand, and there was a wierd ink-looking mark that was there. He shook his hand, looking at it as if it were a small bug, a nuisance.

He pulled it up to his face, and it disappeared. 'I am a freak...All those people were right...I have had this...Thing living inside of me this entire time wihthout knowing it...' He thought, looking up to teh ceiling, waiting for either Rani to wake up, or one of her family to come home.

Lacey
12-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Rani opened her eyes and forced herself to calm the panic that had immediately started to rise up. She shook a little bit but quickly gained control again, and concentrated on slowing her rapid heartbeats. Biting her lip, she closed her eyes again. The memories of the fighting was fresh in her mind, of the shattering glass. The insanity afterwards. It wasn’t a dream, was it, she asked herself, though heavy doubts remained.

“Thank you so much, God,” she spoke out loud. Whatever weirdness was happening, she was alive. Sitting up, she looked around and registered that she was at her house. How the heck did I get here? Then she saw Levias and blushed, “You took me home, right? Sorry for being such a bother.”

Rani smiled at him, trying to forget the spout of water. The wind. It would be easier to communicate if she put those things in a special place in her mind and lock it away before someone else pulls it out.

No, wait, that isn’t right. Glancing at Levias again; he had to be just as confused as she was.

“You okay?” She realized what a stupid question that was; who could be okay after all of what’d happened, “Dumb question. How about this: do you wanna talk about it?”

Levias
12-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Levias waited, eventually dozing off slightly, before her speaking woke him up. At first, he wondered what she meant by Thank You God... but then he wiped it from his mind when she began to speak to him.

He offered her the small smile, and shook his head. "Don't worry about it. Today was rough, and hard on all of us...You shouldn't have had to go through that...Not even Josh did..." He said, feeling ashamed slightly that he was now a part of whatever happened.

He looked up to her, adn back down, rubbing his palm with his thumb nervously. "I do...But I don't know how to explain...All I know is that this thing is inside of me, and has been since my mother...I'm a monster..." He said, not looking her in her eyes. He didn't want to see her judgement.

Lacey
12-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Rani reached towards him, touching his hand and looking him in the eyes. As he seemed to be avoiding her gaze, she grabbed his chin gently and forced him to look at her, gaze hard, “If you ever call yourself a monster again, I’m afraid that I’ll have to slap you. You, Levias, are the farthest thing from a monster. You just saved the lives of people that have only shown you contempt, yesterday you saved me from those guys…” She shuddered a bit, thinking about it.

“Whatever is inside you doesn’t make you a monster. It makes you special. Stronger.” She smiled, an innocent expression cut to shreds by the glint in her eyes, “So if I ever hear that you’ve called yourself a monster, expect punishment.” Crossing her arms, she tried to appear serious but failed miserably and grinned.

“Levias, though I’m honestly freaked out because…well…it isn’t normal, but fear or weirdness has never stopped me before and it won’t now. No matter what, you’re stuck with me.”

Levias
12-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Levias looked her in the eyes once she lifted his chin. He listened, his eyes hard, but gentle and afraid at the same time. "I know I saved them...But I have hurt them before...Sometimes I almost killed them..." He said, without leaving her gaze.

Levias heard her next statement, and couldn't help but smirk. "What kind of punishment are we talking about here? I might want to call myself that just for teh fun of it..." He said with a joking tone.

Levias now looked down. "You...You don't mind me having this...thing...Inside of me that is basically controlling me? You don't know how much that means..." He looked up then. "But why? Why do this for me? For a person who has basically judged you throughout the time I've seen you..." He said, ashamed that he thought she was like the rest of her friends

Lacey
12-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Rani’s eyes softened at his words, “But you didn’t kill them. ‘the old has passed away,’” she quoted. Her gaze turned thoughtful, “One thing I have learned is that things pass away. Whether it be good or bad, it always passes away. Sometimes things take longer than others but they do pass. Half the time you don’t know it, won’t until you really think, but they pass like everything else.”

She coughed back a smile, “I…er…I’ll come up with something. And trust me, you won’t like it…it may have something to do with food or the absence of food.”

Her gaze turned to space, a place on the wall that she knew better than the back of her hand because she’d stared at it so many times lost in thought. After a few long moments, she looked at Levais again with a shadow of a smile. “I don’t mind, really,” she insisted. “To tell you the truth, I believe I have something inside me too. It’s a secret that shouldn’t be a secret but somehow has become one. But I won’t get into that now because when I do, I tend to ramble.”

Rani looked him in the eyes, her manner thoughtful, “Why? Because it doesn’t matter. The past is the past and no matter how hard we wish, we can’t change it. Because I probably deserved the judgement by how I acted or didn’t act. Because…well…people have done it for me.”

Levias
12-20-2009, 08:34 PM
"You...You're really different...You know...I'm really happy to have met you..." Levias said, before chuckling. "Food, it's my one weakness..." He said, smiling. The smile was a bit larger than before. His eyes showed off a slight warmth.

Biting his lip in nervousness, he stood, and hesitated physically. Finally gathering up his will, he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her. Her body heat instantly filled him with fullness and tenderness. It was like she was radiating her aura to him. He buried his face into her shoulder, and a few tears escaped his eyes.

"I...You already know my past...I just...I need someone to hold me..." He said like a scared child after it lost it's parents. He was trembling slightly, and his eyes were suht tightly

Lacey
12-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Rani felt her own tears start to well up but she held them back with an iron will. Without hesitation, she brought her own arms around him, holding him tightly. She felt him tremble and reached up with one of her hands, softly stroking the back of his head. Warm tears rolled down her back but she didn’t care; she just held him.

“Shh,” her voice was gentle: she was afraid that if she spoke to him in any way but that that he would shatter in her arms. “I’m here,” she whispered, rocking slightly, “I’m here.” He was like no one, nor like anything that she’d ever met before. On the outside, he was a hard, cold wall. Letting nothing penetrate his defenses and willingly fighting off those that tried. Beyond that, he was porcelain teetering on the edge of a never-ending cliff.

Closing her eyes to tears that threatened to appear, she held him closer. She wanted to tell him that not only was she happy that he felt that way, but she felt the same: she couldn’t do it. Her throat was thick with the hardness of held-back tears.

Levias
12-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Levias felt her pull him in tighter, and felt wet spots forming on his chest, where her head was. His eyes opened in realization. She's crying... He thought, his own tears still falling slowly, cascading down her back. Her own were forming a small wet stain on the front of his black shirt. He also pulled her tighter, and breathed in the scent of her hair. Lavender...

He realized that he was being intimate with someone, but didn't particularly care. His own tears were stopping, but her's were still running freely, so soon, he was rocking her back and forth. "Hey...Don't worry about it...It's okay..." He whispered soothingly inot her left ear.

When she felt like she was finished, he pulled back. Her ocean-like eyes were reda dn puffy with tears, and she was still trembling. "Don't cry...I didn't mean to upset you..." He said softly, rubing small circles with his thumbs on her upper arms

Lacey
12-21-2009, 05:40 PM
“Hey…don’t worry about it…it’s okay…”

His breath was like the rest of him, warm; calming her as it made it’s way into her ear. She shivered at it, letting his arms encase her. Their roles had switched abruptly; she’d been comforting him and now it was he that was protecting her from the sorrows that had found their way into her heart and mind. His arms were like towers, towering over her; shielding her.

Finally, her tears stopped and Levias gently pulled away. “Don’t cry…I didn’t mean to upset you…”

Rani let out a choked laugh. Despite her hardest efforts, she couldn’t have stopped the flow of tears. His emotion, suddenly released in a way he probably wasn’t used to, had made her compassion spike and it was as if she’d been feeling those emotions. The slow, soft circles he made with his thumbs warmed her and she the trembling stopped.

She rubbed at her eyes, knowing she had to look something like a tomato, “I’m sorry…it wasn’t you…” she looked into his gray eyes, “I’m fine…” Rani smiled, then rubbed her eyes again. Sniffing once, she looked at Levias’ face again, then looked at his shirt and grimaced, “Aw crap. I got your shirt all wet.”

Levias
12-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Levias smiled softly again, and nodded. He chuckled lightly, and said "Don't worry about it...Speaking of my shirt...I need a fresh change of clothes soon..." He said, grimacing slightly. "That means going back to my house..." He sighed, and pulled back, and instantly regretted it. He missed her warmth that had spread to him. His body was again filled with the cold void of lonelyness.

"My father shouldn't be home...And I should be able to make it on my own...Do you want to come?" He asked quietly, scuffing his boot down. He looked up into her eyes as he awaited his answer, and something started to churn inside his stomach. He looked down at it, confused, before shrugging it off.

(That was all i could think of for the moment)

Lacey
12-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Rani smiled again, suddenly wishing he was still holding her. She felt safer; sturdier. He didn’t want to go back there. Heck, I don’t wan him to go back there…seeing him in so much pain…

”My father shouldn’t be home,” at those words, she felt some of the worry flow from her. She was so caught up in those five words, she almost didn’t hear the rest of the sentence. …do you want to come? It took a moment for the words to register, when it did Rani smiled.

“You couldn’t keep me away,” Rani said softly, standing but not breaking eye contact.

Levias
12-22-2009, 02:10 AM
Levias nodded, and pulled his boots on, arching his back to get them. He winced slightly. The pain was going away, albeit slowly. When he pulled on the shoe-stings, his shoulder also stung. He shrugged his shoulders in a wave-like motion to pop them, then twisted his back, something he instantly regretted. He winced again, and upon seeing Rani's worried face, he shook his head. "It was my fault..."

Now, here they were on the way to his house. They passed by the store at which Levias worked. There was not much activity at this time of day, considerring most people worked and normally school was still in.

As they finished the walk down his street, Levias felt like he was being watched, He thought he saw Rani look at him, but when he turned, she was looking around. It must have been nothing... He thought, before stopping at his door. There was no car. Levias reached into his pocket, and pulled out the key, before opening the house. "Careful..." He said, referring to the bottles that littered the floor.

He led her back into his room, which had a bed, a 1995-6 computer, a small covered cube that shooks lightly, and a bookshelf. Under his bed was his guitar and his small amplifier. He walked over to the shelf, and picked up a novel. The Cover had a picture of a man holding two swords horizontally. It Read The Way of the Shadow's.

He walked over to the rustling cage, and slowly lifted teh cloth, revealing a small black fox. He opened the door, and the foc jumped out and grabbed onto his coverred arm, climbing up to his shoulder, and curling itself around, looking oddly like a fluffy scarf. "Rani, I think he wants to know you're not going to scare him..." He said, nudging his head on the fluff-ball on his shoulders. The fox unwrapped and slowly walked down Levias' estended hand towards Rani's head, and sniffed her, waiting for a sign of recognition

Lacey
12-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Rani shivered; the hairs on the back of her necks standing on end. Someone is watching us… she thought, looking around for the source. Nothing. The sense of dread didn’t leave as Levias opened the door to his house. The neighborhood wasn’t as nice as the one she lived in and she forced a small bit of fear away; she didn’t want to become someone who judged based on appearances. Never.

As Levias opened the door, Rani clenched her fist at the sight of all of the bottles that littered the floor. She sidestepped them carefully but cold anger started to stir in her stomach; she let it. The one who was responsible for this wasn’t worth the effort.

She followed Levias to his room, standing there uncomfortably for a moment as he picked out a book out of the bookshelf, not knowing what to do. Until he got the fox out of it’s cage. It was all she could do to not run towards the fox and cuddle it as if it was a puppy. Rani bit her lip, slowly bringing up her hand to not startle the precious animal. Sudden movements tend to do that with animals, especially when they meet a new human.

“Hey there,” she spoke soothingly, “I’m not going to hurt you.” Rani let it sniff her and when it licked her once she looked up at Levias, her eyes shining.

“He’s wonderful,” she made sure to keep her voice low enough to not startle the fox, “where did you get him? I’ve never seen a fox like him before.”

Levias
12-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Levias smiled at her softly as Shadow licked her. He yipped playfully, and squirmed in Levias' palm. He chuckled, his eyes showing that warmth that was showing itself occasionally. "He likes you too..." He said. At her question, the warmth was gone, and filled by sorrow.

"He was abandoned by the previous owner...After the person beat him...He reminded me of myself...Here...Hold him." Levias explained, putting the small animal into her hands, and letting her cuddle it like a comfort item. There was a distant banging noise. Levias stopped in place, frozen. "C'mon!" He yelled, going to the kitchen quickly, and gathered some foods into a bag. He opened hte back door,a nd almost pushed her out, before closing it.

Inside the house, a door opened and closed, followed by drunken and uncoordinated pounding of boots on the wood floors. Levias grabbed Rani's free hand that wasn't holding Shadow, and led her around the house. A car was in the driveway. There was swearing happening inside the hoiuse now. Levias quickly and quietly led Rani down the street. He must have gotten a shift change..." Levias said softly, with a forlorn look in his eyes. "Let's go..." He said, holding onto her hand still,a dn basically dragging her slowly away.

Lacey
12-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Rani looked at Levias in disbelief, stroking the fox gently. She didn’t know what to say so she stroked the fox until he let her hold it. The fox was warm and she smiled into it’s black fur and it nuzzled her, making her smile again until the banging noise made her stiffen, holding the small fox closer. Fear coursed through her as she followed Levias into the kitchen and he pushed her out of the back door.

She held the fox close to her, gripping Levias’ hand tightly when he grabbed it. He pulled her around the house and she walked faster—closer to him—when she saw the car. The swearing met her ears and she flinched away from the words; they were harsh and full of so much hate she couldn’t bear it.

He must have gotten a shift change… Rani felt her heart break at the tone of his voice. She could only see a small part of his eyes from her angle, and for that she was glad because the look was enough to stomp on all of the little pieces of her heart and break them more. “Let’s go…

Rani move closer to him, holding his hand tighter. It felt good; the spaces between her fingers seemed just where his fit perfectly. “Levias,” she leaned against him, hoping to act as some support, “don’t worry.” She let out a small laugh, “The sun will come out tomorrow, remember?”

Levias
12-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Levias looked down at her fingers as they tightened around his own. His rough calluses met her smooth skin. His larger hand melded with her smaller hand, creating a perfect fit, like a key to a lock.

The sun will come out tomorrow, remember?

Her words hit his soul like a bowling ball being thrown at his face. He looked to her, and back to their hands, before looking back at her. He squeezed his hand against her's as she leaned against him.

"I suppose so..." He said and thought at the same time. Quite suddenly, a gust of wind circled around them, and they slowly lifted up into the air. Levias looked down at his now floating feet, and somehow, the wind carried Rani also.

"This is weird..." He said, not completely freaked out, because he knew the Wind was inside of him. He tilted his head upwards, and they moved upwards faster. Soon, the Wind gathered faster around them, and two blue and grey wings appeared on his back. Now that was weird. He looked down to Rani's wide-eyed expression, and shrugged at her. "I think this is an ability of mine..."

Lacey
12-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Rani’s eyes doubled their size when she realized her feet weren’t touching the ground anymore. She tried to suppress her scream but a startled squeak managed its way out. The grip on Levias’ hand tightened even more and she held the fox as close as possible. Her gaze went to his face and some part of her relaxed. He didn’t look at all scared, so she shouldn’t either.

At the sight of the sight of his wings, she swallowed. “I think that this is an ability of mine…” Rani laughed—trying to make her eyes their normal size—as it seemed more polite than screaming in shock. They were beautiful, those wings, and a sudden longing came into her.

“Levias, you’ve definitely been given a gift. I don’t know anyone that wishes they could fly. Not in a plane, but really fly.” She closed her eyes and felt the wind touch her skin, then looked back at Levias, “You’re so lu—no, lucky isn’t the right word—you’re blessed.”

Levias
12-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Levias chuckled at her small squeak. When she began speaking, he listened to her over the wind. “You’re so lu—no, lucky isn’t the right word—you’re blessed.” she said to him. He looked down to her, and saw her looking down at the houses below them. He shook his head. He whispered almost ruefully to himself. "No Rani...I am not...You are..." He knew she wouldnt be able to hear it, or at least thought he did, so he continued.

He closed his eyes and a small smile appeared upon his face. The feeling of flying was so good, it made him feel free. He was no longer bound on the ground. He saw Rani's house, and leaned downwards, making the wind lessen, and they landed in the fenced yard. He smiled and let go of her hand. His wings were still there. He was reluctant to let them leave.

"Hey...I'm going to go someplace to practice using my abilities...And figure them out...You can come if you want...But I don't know what I can do yet...I don't want you getting hurt because of me..." He said softly. He looked at shadow, who had a pleased expression on its face. He pet its head and scratched its ear, before looking back to Rani for her answer.

Lacey
01-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Rani saw his lips move every so slightly but the words were torn away by the wind. This is one of those moments I wish I could lip-read, she thought, looking at the ground below them. There really is a reason everyone dreams of flying, she decided, smiling. Looking at Levias again, she felt warm; he was smiling. He started to angle downwards and she turned to where he was going, blushing and hoping he hadn’t seen her staring at him.

He let go of her hand when they landed and she found she didn’t want him to let go. Get a hold of yourself… she looked down as she spoke. It took a few long moments for her to register his words and she looked up, eyes wide.

“I…” she swallowed, using her free hand to fiddle with her necklace, “I won’t…leave you alone. I don’t want you to be alone anymore.” Rani blushed, knowing the words were too corny, but she meant them.

Levias
01-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Levias nodded, opening his hand, and dropping his bag filled with his food and book. He smiled, and felt the same free feeling he felt the previous flight. He grabbed Rani into a hug, and suddenly they went flying up at high speeds.

"I Want to show you a special place..." He whisperred into her ear with a gentle voice. They passed by a bird, who squacked in acknowledgement. Levias felt a relation to the bird. It was a strange relation, like his affiliation with the Wind brought him closer to anything that used it. He felt Rani tighten her own grip around him.

He slowed down, and began to descend into the forest. He went into a small clearing, which opened into a larger clear space, covered by the shadows of trees. He landed in one of the shadows, and the sounds of nature met him without teh Wind's interferance. There was a creek nearby, making a running water sound. He reluctantly, and slowly let his hands fall off of Rani. "What do you think?" He asked.

Lacey
01-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Rani was surprised when Levias took her in his arms in a hug. Compared to the wind whipping around them, he was so warm. She could hear his heart beating and for a moment it was all she could hear, even above the wind in her ears that threatened to steal away her senses.

That is, until he spoke. It should be against the law for him to be hugging a girl and say anything in that gentle voice. His breath contrasted with the wind: peaceful. Yet I wish he would say something again like that… They sudden squawking made her grip Levias tighter and she suddenly realized what she thought. That’s just embarrassing. I can’t be crushing…I’ve known him for what, two days…I can’t be crushing. I promised myself that I wouldn’t feel this…

The feeling of something solid beneath her feet helped her push away any thoughts or emotions she didn’t want. She opened her eyes and looked around, half-disappointed and half-thankful that he let her go.

“It’s beautiful!” Rani said, breathing in the fresh scent of the forest around her. “How did you find this place?”

Levias
01-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Levias smiled when she said it was beautiful. When she asked the question, his smile vanished. It was replaced with him turning away, and making sure she couldn't look him in the eyes. Her ocean-like orbs had pierced his soul more than once in a time period of two days.

"One time...When I was running from home after a beating...When I was Thirteen...I ran through here...I always come here to calm down...Or after my father drinks..." He explained, before shaking his head, and wiping a tear from his eye. He turned and smiled at her. "But I'm trying to not remember that..." He said, before he turned around, with a focussed glint in his eyes.

He concentrated on Wind, and on his hands. He created the same sphere as before. It spiralled dangerously fast in his palm. He slammed it against a tree, and a giant vortex came out the other side of the tree. Levias went wide eyes, and pulled it back, closing his hand, then openning it again. He heard a silenced gunshot.

The bullet wizeed past his forehead, giving him a small cut. He looked back to Rani, and it had missed her also. He jumped towards her and grabbed her into hsi arms, growing his wings again, and flying them up inot a tree. He had picked Rani up in a hug because it was fastest. "What the hell is this?!" Levias yelled into the coverred up bushes, though they were coverred too, he could see with the wind. A group of three men walked into the clearing,a nd looked around. Levias was making his voice come from different directions, not even realizing it.

"You are an abomination!" One yelled. They all wore silver masks that had an emotionless face on it. "You must understand...You are a Monster..." Another said, with a voice similar to Levias' emotionless one. The last one almost hissed his S' like a snake. "You are a mixture of sacred and sacreligious power...Therefore you must die..." Levias' eyes widened when he saw them pull teh guns up and begin shooting around him and Rani. "Rani, Stay inside of my wings!" He yelled to her, and his defensive emotions made a barrier of Razor sharp wind appear around them. He was holding her with his hands and wings.

When the bullets stopped, they stated this "We will kill you Oh 'One Eye with Wind' " The evias sounding one had said it, but they vanished not a moment later. Levias felt his energy depleting, and he lowerred the shield, still holding onto Rani, and fell over to his side.

He landed on his back, with Rani on top of him, but he didn't notice or seem to. He was panting due to exhaustion. His eyes closed for a while, then opened, and said "I'm sorry...I have gotten you sucked into this...I didn't know they...Would come after me...I didn't even know they existed..."

Lacey
01-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Rani felt the emptiness that he’d felt so many times. The numbness, the pain, that let him grow so unattached to everything around him. Swallowing, she started towards him but he’s started to practice before she could move in. She scratched the area between the fox’s ears as she watched. The vortex that appeared made her freeze. That’s different, she thought lamely.

Until she heard the gunshot. Blood appeared on Levias’ forehead and she started to take a step. Before she’d moved an inch, he had her in his arms and was flying into the trees. Daddy, protect us! Rani closed her eyes, trying to shut out the fear. Then they started to talk.

Anger that was so cold that it burned swelled up, shoving away the fear. How dare they call someone a monster. That Levias didn’t deserve life. Who had died and made them God? Told them that they said could tell everyone was right and wrong.

Rani, stay inside of my wings!” Gunshots rang out and Rani tried to bury herself into his protective grasp. She expected to feel a stinging and then a warm light any second but the wind whipped around them, making the bullets fly anywhere but near them. The black fox burrowed itself in her arms.

The raining bullets disappeared and a voice rang out, [I]“We will kill you oh ‘One Eye with Wind’” Rani realized how alike that voice and Levias sounded when silence took over. Levias’ wings moved from their position and the wind had stopped. Then he fell.

Not expecting this, Rani fell on top of him. It took a moment for her to realize this and, blushing, she moved from her position, to his side, near his head. His breaths were ragged and many. Those ashen eyes were covered by their lids and she had an urge to play with his hair as she did when her younger siblings fell asleep while watching a movie, leaning on her.

At his words, she looked up to the sky for a moment. The tall, strong trees and the unending expanse of the sky made her feel small. Insignificant. So she looked back at Levias.

“You have no reason to be sorry, Levias,” she said softly, gently. Without actually standing she moved closer, kneeling, “Like you said, you had no idea that they were alive.” She let the fox out of her arms and it nestled close to Levias’ head. Rani tentatively reached out a hand and brushed the wound on his forehead, her touch as gentle as butterfly wings.

Levias
01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
His eyes opened once more when Shadow rubbed his head, and Rani brushed her fingertips against the skin of his forehead. He was looking into her eyes, his own shining. Her's were trapping him, sucking him in like a rip current in the ocean. His eyes were locked into her's, and he mentally questioned this feeling that was rising up inside of him.

What is this?

He wanted to reach up and caress her face in his palm. He wanted to smile larger. He didn't understand this. I only met her yesterday...I can't feel this...I promised not to feel this for anyone after Mom... He thought, blinking once, but again lost in her eyes.

I shouldn't even feel this towards her...

His hand unconsciously made its way towards her jaw, almost making it there, but he noticed and stopped it about a few inches from her face. He didn't know what he should do. His eyes became questioning, looking into hers, as if asking for permission.

Lacey
01-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Rani felt herself light up at the look in his eyes, the smile on his lips. Something inside of her trembled and she smiled. Levias’ hand started to move up towards her and her toes, out of his sight, scrunched themselves up. A million and one thoughts scrambled through her head and she couldn’t make sense of anything.

That is, except his hand and his eyes and his smile. Those made sense to her.

His hand stopped a few inches from her face. A question appeared on his face, in his deep eyes. Those eyes that were so full that they seemed unfeeling because you cannot comprehend it. Without realizing what she was doing, she took one hand and put it on the back of his. She guided his hand up to her cheek.

His hand was not soft. It was rough from playing his every emotion on a guitar, from working when he should have been enjoying life. The warmth was a different story. It wasn’t overwhelming but it was just right. And it spread. From her face it traveled through her veins and made her toes relax.

Her thoughts fled from her head.

Levias
01-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Levias couldn't help but let out the happiness in his eyes as he caressed her cheek lightly. The feeling of her hand on his had sent shocks throughout his own system. His heart fluttered. Something it never does. He realized what this meant.

We're too different...Her friends wouldn't approve...

He shut his eyes once again, trying not to get lost in her ocean-orbs. It was proving very difficult. His face was desperately trying to force itself towards hers, but he would not allow it. I am not going to take advantage of her like that... He thought, looking away from her with a mourning expression. "I'm sorry...I shouldn't...Feel...This way for you..." He whispered breathlessly, hoping she wouldn't hear him. He still had to let it out

Lacey
01-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Rani closed her eyes and tried to control her heart beat. As if that way ever going to happen. She feared the emotion, loved it. Either way, there was no way that it was just going to fly away and leave her, no matter how much she really feared the feeling. But… a part of her brain started. It seemed another part of her brain seemed to disagree, there’ll always be the ‘buts’ and the ‘what ifs.’ Fear can’t run your life.

“I’m sorry…I shouldn’t…feel…this way for you…” his words were soft, barely a breath, but with her suddenly heightened senses, she heard the words and bit her lip, glad that he couldn’t see her red face. She swallowed and reached with her other hand to make Levias look at her.

“Close your eyes, “she said softly, moving feather-soft fingers to his lids to move them over his eyes. Swallowing once to gather her scrambled but ever present nerves, she leaned down slowly and softly brushed her lips over his closed eye lids. “And why shouldn’t you feel how you feel?” Rani breathed before sitting up a bit just to kiss him softly on his lips.

Her first kiss. She sat up again, her face red with the warmth of the kiss and her embarrassment.

Levias
01-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Levias heard her swallow, then felt her silky-smooth hand upon his rough, and slightly rugged (due to not being shaved for two days), face. She pulled his own face to meet hers. Grey met Ocean-Blue. She pushed her fingertips over his eyelids, feeling to him like an angel shutting his eyes for an eternal sleep. He felt her lips over his eyelids, and his eyes almost widened. Had they not been closed by an angel, they would have.

“And why shouldn’t you feel how you feel?” He heard through his sensitive ears. It was received into his brain like radiowaves of ecstacy. Then he felt a sizzling sensation on his lips. It burned (not in a bad way, mind you) through his entire face. As soon as it started, unfortunately enough, it ended. Levias opened his eyes and was met with Rani's gentle face being painted by a blush like paint on a canvas.

It was his first kiss. His first kiss. He never even had a thought of ever getting one other than from his long passed-away mother. This was completely different from the ones he had gotten as a child. Those kisses that were placed on the forehead or cheek. This was nothing like that. He blinked again. Rani was looking at him too, locked into his gaze as he was to her own.

"Because...Because...I have no reason..." He said, before he smiled sheepishly. This was probably the most emotion he had ever felt. He sat up, and nervousness overtook him. He was going to go hug her, but wondered if he should. His hands looked like they were heading towards her, but hesitated physically. The nervousness was rushed away by his own rashness. He reached forward and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her lips softly once more. His lips held the same tingling sensation that had occured during the first, but was more gentle, and he had issued it. He waited for her reaction for a moment, resting his forehead against her own

Lacey
01-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Rani wondered what his words meant, as she became ensnared by his eyes. The vivid emotions swirling in them made a small smile cross her face. It was so different from when she’d first spoke to him. They were so alive and it made her feel incredibly blissful to know that he was becoming happier than when neither of them really knew each other.

She’d been lost in thought so she didn’t notice until now that he’d sat up. His facial expression changed and she tried to figure out what emotion it was trying to show her. Before, he hadn’t shown her at all what he’d been feeling. Now that he was, it was just as confusing because she couldn’t comprehend what he might be feeling. Racking her brain for the answer, for all knowledge of both facial expressions and Levias, she didn’t detect the arms coming towards her.

Until l he kissed her.

Warmth spread throughout her, heart pounding—wanting desperately to be released from its small confines within her chest. Not only were his gentle lips causing new sensations to stir through her, but his strong arms holding her were probably the only thing keeping her up; locked away in his protection. Now his forehead was to hers and she tried to control her body, keeping it from making her heart burst and her lungs collapse from overuse. Rani’s throat was dry but she didn’t have the will to swallow to relieve it of its parched feeling. Words just didn’t seem right at the moment.

Before she could have a chance to talk herself out of it, she turned, leaning into him with her head on his shoulder, the one she knew for sure wasn’t hurt.

Hurt. Pain. Death. Them…they…were just here. Levias falling…

“Ohmygosh,” Rani said quickly, sitting up abruptly. “You’ve got to be exhausted. Did they hurt you?” She’d been so wrapped up in her emotions, however powerful, and had forgotten. I almost wish he’d complain a bit so I could help him…

Calming down a bit, she moved a bit, kneeling where Levias’ head had just been. “Here,” she said, “Sleep. Before you collapse again. I don’t know everything but I know that people don’t just fall like that.”

Well, that’s one way to ruin a Kodak moment.

Levias
01-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Levias felt her turn around slightly, and lean into him. He sighed in comfort. Her body fit into his perfectly. His own broad shoulders covered hers inside of them. It felt oddly warming inside of him. It must have suddenly dawned on her that he had fallen out of a tree. He chuckled after she started talking.

His smile softened a bit, and his lip twitched. He laid down, but this time, his head was in her lap. He could tell she blushed, considerring he had been around her long enough. How long has it been? A day total?" He asked himself. Mentally shaking his head, he added And I fell for her...hard...

"Actually...My chest does hurt a bit...I think the bandage's got too tight...Can you loosen them up a bit?" He asked, blushing very little, with a small innocent glint in his eyes.

"Um...So...Um..." He said, tripping over his tongue a bit. He didn't know how to address her about this. "Was that...You know...Your first too?" He asked, trying not to be awkward, and failing miserably

Lacey
01-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Rani blushed as the weight of his head pressed on her legs. It wasn’t a burden at all, but it made her heart wrench. Breathe, Rani, breathe. Just…calm down. Breathe. She had to clench her fists so she didn’t do something stupid like stroke his hair or let her emotions run away with her again. She’d seen people she loved get hurt with runaway emotions like that. It scared her to think that she might get just as hurt as they when she’d promised them she never would.

His words drew a small laugh from her lips, watching the slight blush form on his cheeks. “Silly, you should have told me before you laid down. Now sit up so I can help you.” She put her arms gently under his back, trying her best to avoid any spots she knew probably hurt. I hope I’m not doing any more damage…

Heat rose to her face at Levais’ question, she cleared her throat, “Uh…yeah…um…” She had to clear her throat again, “Yeah, that was my first kiss.” Just when she thought she’d gotten the ferocious blush under control, she realized something.

“Um, Levias, um…er…will you…uh…please take off your shirt so I can fix the bandage?”

Levias
01-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Levias somehow felt her fists clench because of the oxygen around. His eyes were closed. He had gotten quite comfortable when she spoke “Silly, you should have told me before you laid down. Now sit up so I can help you.” She said to him, causing him to open his eyes.

He felt her hands under him, trying to help him, and he smiled back at her, lifting himself up. When she said it was her first kiss, he blushed too. "So, Uh...How was it?" Because I enjoyed it...

Levias chuckled at her awkwardness when saying that he needed to take off his shirt. He pulled it off swiftly, wincing slightly when it ran over any bruises. He leaned backwards so that she have easier access to his bandages.

A bush rustled on the other side of the clearing. Levias was up in a blink of an eye. He stood in front of Rani, just in case it was something more dangerous than normal, like his new personal hunters. I think that's what I'll call them...Hunters...

Then, two people emerged from the forestry. The first was Rachel, and the second was Josh. Levias sighed in relief quietly, and sat back down. Josh was glaring at him, and Rachel had a questioning look on her face as she noticed his wrappings.

"Rani, why are you out here with him? Alone? We called your house and they said you hadn't come back from wherever you went, they didn't even know you came back. When your brother got home, he saw your bag, and thought you were with us." Josh said, with malice when he mentioned Levias at the beginning of his statement.

Rachel blushed when she realized she was staring at his chest, and looked up to see Levias' face. It was turned away, looking into the thick underbrush.

Lacey
01-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Rani started to blush even more furiously, not knowing how to answer. How did one answer to something like that? How she felt? Rani didn’t understand it herself, so what was she supposed to say? Swallowing as Levias pulled his shirt off. Words, words. What are the right words? Are there words to describe such emotions and sensations? Will there ever be?

As she thought, her muscles recalled how to fix the wrappings that Levias needed fixed. Her brother had shown her many times, and she’d learned them as he did. Just as she was about to touch the bandages, a rustle made her jump, her body tight. Levias was standing, putting himself between the noise in herself, in the same time it took her to put her arms down so she could push herself up.

When Rachel emerged, Rani melted with relief. When Josh came out, she felt her muscles tighten once more. He was angry, that much was completely obvious. Rani sighed softly, moving herself so that she could better change the bandages when Levias sat again. For a few moments, she ignored both of her friends.

“Josh, will you please deflate that ego of yours and get over yourself?” The words weren’t said with malice, but matter-of-factly. Josh froze and Rachel had to smile, her embarrassed blush disappearing. “Now that I’ve got your attention, will you please listen. I mean really [I]listen?”

Josh nodded numbly and Rani continued.

“I’m here with Levias because both of us needed to wind down after all of that excitement. Levais found something out and needed to think about it. Both of us were kind of worried about the other’s mental health so we didn’t want to leave the other alone but at the same time our sanity wasn’t at the level that we could function around normal people.

“Though, now, I realize that it was probably stupid and my family is going to feed me to the crows when I get home.” She smiled, shaking her head. Rani looked right at Levias, “But I don’t regret it. At all.”

A slight blush formed on her cheeks and she wrung her hands as she tried to keep the whirling emotions off of her face.

“We really do appreciate your concern, but we’re fine,” Rani smiled.

Levias
01-15-2010, 02:02 AM
“Josh, will you please deflate that ego of yours and get over yourself?” Levias was astounded by her bluntness on the subject. She was fixing his wounds as she spoked to the arrogant --- Stop... Levias ordered himself, stopping his subconscious from finishing the long string of words that could be used to describe Josh.

That was when she started to go off on Josh. Levias smirked a bit, and Rachel giggled a bit, stealing a glance at the still-shirtless Levias. Levias pulled up his muscle shirt over his head and brought it down just as she finished telling Josh about why they were out here.

“Though, now, I realize that it was probably stupid and my family is going to feed me to the crows when I get home.” She said, shaking her head. She turned and looked right at Levias, “But I don’t regret it. At all.”

That Answered his question about how she felt about it. He looked back at her, and offered the smaller smile that was only for her. "I'll take her home...You two go ahead and go back to your own houses, okay?" Levias said. Afte Josh surpressed a glare, and mumbled something, he left. Rachel nodded, and followed him out. Not even Five seconds later, with his sensitive hearing, he heard them start talking.

"Does she like him or something?"

"I don't know...She says he's a good person..."

"Good person my Ass! Do you know what he did to me!? I nearly needed surgery, and he was only Ten!"

"People change Josh. Except you..."

"...This screws up the entire plan..."

"I know, we'll just make sure she falls for you faster than him..."

"How?"

"Be nice to Levias, that will get you some points...And just be sweet to her in general..."

That was where Levias wasn't able to hear them anymore. His eyes slightly widened, but not enough to be noticed. So Josh likes Rani. That did make sense. He felt a tinge of anger and jealousy surge through him,a nd he hid it by clenching his fist.

He turned to Rani, and smiled a bit larger than the former one. Then, he frowned slightly. "So...Where...Does this leave Us at?" He asked quietly, with a hand nervously around his back, the other grasping and scratching it.

Lacey
01-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Rani sighed in relief as her two friends left. The tension was less than what it had been when Rani first started associating with Levias, but it was still palpable. That sentence sounds so horrible. Maybe I was just a really horrible person before now and I’ve only recently converted to being a decent person. The thought seemed to fit. It wasn’t as if she’d been evil, but there was a whole different side to everyone she knew. Had she really been that blind?

”So…where…does this leaveus at?” For a moment, Rani could only blink, her mind blank. Then the swirl of conflicting emotions set in. It took her only a few seconds to realize that this was the first time in her life she was in a situation like this one. She trusted Levias. Even though he had unusual talents and people that didn’t exist in their minds before a few minutes ago, she wasn’t afraid to be around him.

Beyond that, she was defiantly crushing. Crushing strong than she’d ever before. Of course, he did save your life who knows how many times in the span of less than two days. No. No excuses. She liked him.

And she was afraid of that.

Only a little more than a year ago, Kyle had come home from college. He’d been changed. It took a few months before he would talk about what happened. When he did, she grew afraid. A girl had shattered his heart. Taken him for the sweet guy he was and crushed it in her pretty little fist. Who knew if he’d ever trust a girl enough to fall for her after that.

But it also put a fear in her. She never wanted her loved ones to see her like she’d seen Kyle. He’d been dead. Rani was deftly afraid of being hurt. It was the only thing she could ever claim to ever be really afraid of.

So these feelings rising up in her, sweeping the rest of her sanity away, was sending up all kinds of warnings that she’d carefully put in her brain.

And she was ignoring them.

She smiled, standing up and brushing stray leaves from her jeans. There were a few cuts in them from the glass. That seemed like a lifetime ago, the shooting. She probably still had cuts, but none of them bothered her as she took a step towards Levias, making sure to avoid stepping on the little black fox. His posture made her want to giggle a little bit; he looked so innocent. Almost like a small child.

Her voice was soft, “Honestly, Levias, I don’t know.” Her right hand involuntarily went to the left arm’s elbow. She swallowed, her face turning a bit pink as she gazed into his gray eyes. “I am ready to find out though.”

Levias
01-21-2010, 03:12 AM
It seemed like an eternity while he waited for an answer. All of the possibilities ran through his head. They could work out. She could find him lacking in some way. He could leave her to protect her from himself (Or his father/Hunter's). Josh could win her over. He could Die. So many If-Possibilities...

When she spoke, he did not catch her sentance at first. It went through his head like a bullet.

“I am ready to find out though.”

When she spoke those words, all of the possible scenario's left his heart and heart. He wanted to hug her. He wanted to hold her. He shook his head. If what she just said meant what he thought it meant, then he wasn't going to rush that.

She was rubbing her arm slightly, but Levias couldn't tell what the reason of it could be. Could she be nervous? A voice said in the back of his head.

"You...You do?" He asked, stuttering slightly. She had brought such changes to him in the past twenty-something hours. He never acted like this. He never did. So why did she change him so much. He used to not care about anything. But now there is her... He thought. He sprouted his wings, and extended a hand towards her. "I'll take you home..." He said, smiling softly.

Lacey
01-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Rani smiled, nodding, still a bit insecure about what she was feeling. The sudden growth of wings made her jerk in surprise but she let out a slight giggle at her own fright. Jeez I’m getting jumpy, she thought. Reaching out, she took his hand. Once again, his warmth surged within her and she felt safe. Nothing outside of this really mattered anymore.

There wasn’t an ounce of fear when he flew. Those times were over. She’d fly with him any day and never be afraid. Those people could be raining bullets down upon them and she still wouldn’t be afraid. As long as he held her hand like he was now.

Get a hold of yourself. Don’t fall too hard. She smiled to herself and looked down. It really was beautiful. No matter people wanted to fly so badly. Rani really wanted to do this on her own but she would definitely do this without complaint.

“You know, I’m really glad I finally talked to you. I’ve really…lived these past…wow…it actually hasn’t been that long, has it?”

She laughed a little bit closing her eyes and letting the air caress her skin.

Levias
01-22-2010, 02:44 AM
He saw her jump at his sudden wing-span, and felt her smooth hand grab onto his. The empty void filled again. A cold, resonating feeling was replaced by a warm, filling one.

He intertwined their fingers before lifting off. The ground slowly faded away from his boots. He looked over to her, to make sure she was okay with flying now. She had a small, serene smile on her face, and a distant expression in her eyes. He smiled, and looked down at the town below them.

“You know, I’m really glad I finally talked to you. I’ve really…lived these past…wow…it actually hasn’t been that long, has it?” She said over the wind, and he might not have heard without his heightened senses.

"Not that long. And look how much you've changed me..." He said, referring to his smile, and his eyes radiating a warmth directed at her. And how much I care about you... A voice said int eh back of his head.

He looked forward, and saw her home. He sped down, and landed in her back-yard, in a spot that no one could see from inside. He picked his bag up, which was laid out beside him. "I'm sure your family wants to talk to you...I'll tell them it was my fault, okay?" He said, raisinga n eyebrow for approval.

Lacey
01-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Changed? Rani pondered his words for a moment but decided to let it be. Maybe she would understand it all someday, when she was older. That was what everyone was telling her, right? That’s she’d understand later on in life.

On the ground, Rani started to prepare herself for the scolding she was about to receive. Being smarter than the average monkey, she’d never done anything like this before. This time was different, though. It was necessary in a way that she couldn’t explain so she’d hit that little voice over the head with a hammer and gone with Levias. A scolding had to be worth that.

She shook her head, “Oh no you don’t. I’m not gonna let you take the all the heat for this. I made a decision and I’m sticking to it.” With a smile, she led him towards the door, opening it after she took a deep breath. “Hello? I’m home.”

A lot of rapid footsteps and suddenly she was tackled, almost falling over, by her youngest siblings. “Hey guys.” She said. A chorus of angry words came at her and she winced as Kyle, holding Lucy, and Peter came in, flanked by their mother.

“Kids, don’t kill her,” her mother said in a soft voice. Rani winced as they obeyed, avoiding the eyes of her siblings. Her mother looked at Levias, then Rani, a question obvious. Rani just smiled. “You have some explaining to do, young lady.”

“I figured that.”

Levias
01-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Levias followed Rani in, looking at the now-familiar living room. He noticed quick movement, and was about to jump in front of Rani to save her from whatever it was. When he saw the kids faces, he smiled softly. I'm too wound up over this stuff...

The kids were bombarding Rani with questions. Kyle was scolding, Lucy was furrowing her eyebrow (Which was a funny thing to Levias, because of her small face), The rest were simply yelling incomprehensible gibberish. It was really hurting his sensitive ears. He was about to bring his hands to his ears, when a gentle, yet firm voice broke through the chaos.

The woman looked at him, then back to Rani, and said that some explaining was needed. She soon led the two victims of stares outside and back into the backyard. When the sliding door closed, The mother turned to him. "So, you are Levias?" She asked. Levias nodded, raising an eyebrow. "Kyle told me..." She said, and Levias nodded.

"Now, my child, why in God's name were you out this late without so much as a word of warning?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips. Levias could hear the kids inside whispering things like 'WHat do you think their saying?' He glanced at them, and they sprinted away from the door. Am I really that scary? He thought, grimacing slightly.

Lacey
01-23-2010, 02:20 AM
Rani bit her lip, looking at her now very interesting feet. She wrung her hands, trying to figure out a way to explain. Realizing how guilty she must look, she dropped them and started twitching her fingers on her legs as if they were piano keys. This calmed her as it always did and she finally looked at her mother.

“You heard about the…er…incident…at the school today, right?” A worried look crossed her mother’s face as she nodded. Rani smiled as her eyes ran up and down her daughter, searching for bullet holes or something. Then she did the same for Levias, relaxing a bit when she determined neither of them were bleeding to death.

“Well, afterwards, neither Levias or I were in a state that could have contributed to society. We found something out that needed our immediate attention. Neither of us realized how late it was.” She’d tell her exactly what had happened later. Maybe. If she asked, Rani wouldn’t lie.

Her mother sighed loudly, “You know, you’re lucky your father wasn’t here. His flight was delayed.”

Horror filled Rani’s eyes. “Tell me you didn’t call him.”

She laughed, eyes twinkling. “No need to cause a panic attack,” then she grew serious again, “Rani, don’t you ever do that again. We had no idea where you were or if you were okay.” Rani saw her mother’s blue eyes shine with forming tears. Impulsively, she gave her mom a hug.

“I’m sorry, Mom.”

“Just don’t make a habit of it.” She pulled away from her daughter and looked at Levias. “Kyle said he couldn’t tell me everything, and I respect that. He just told me that you needed a place to crash last night, and you ended up here.” Her mother smiled at Levias and put a gentle hand on his shoulder. “If you ever need anything, don’t be afraid to ask, hon. Any friend of Rani’s is a friend of ours.”

Rani watched Levias carefully, not sure how he’d react.

Levias
01-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Levias scuffed his boot slightly when the exchange between them started. Will Rani tell her? What will she think? What about the kiss...? Thoughts ran around his head like the wind was formerly going through his entire being.

When Rani's Mother looked him over for wounds, he felt that warm feeling again in his heart. The concern that the family had shown him in the past two days had been more than he had felt for the past ten years.

When she finished talking to Rani, and hugging her, she turned to him. THe motherly gaze made him want to cry. It reminded him so much of his own. When shde touched his shoulder, he winced. Wrong shoulder... He thought, before smiling at her. "Thank you. I don't want to feel like I'm eating out of your hand here though, it wouldn't be right." He said, trying to keep a straight face as the pain in his shoulder caught up to him. His back ached to grow wings again. His hand ached to grab Rani's. His body ached to be near her's.

He shook his head. "I appreciate it, you don't know how much it means. I'll jsut stay at a hotel tonight..." He said, smiling softly, adn closing his eyes.

Lacey
01-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Rani felt her heart stop for a moment, the same as her breath. Hotel. But...it’s easy to find someone in a hotel. Easy to get into one and hide. All to easy to sneak up on an unsuspecting person and kill them. All too easy. The blood seemed to rush from her face, clenching her fists, and she forced her heart to beat normally so they wouldn’t notice.

“Are you absolutely sure?” Her mother said and Rani silently thanked her. Of course, she couldn’t have ever guessed Rani’s reason for panic, but maybe she could convince Levias otherwise. That was unlikely but it still might work.

Remembering the hate in the eyes of the people hunting Levias, Rani shuddered. That look would never be erased from her head. How could anyone give another person that look? She never wanted Levias to see that look ever again.

Suddenly, she felt very creeperish because she realized she was staring at Levias.

Levias
01-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Levias almost nodded, but he saw a look in Rani's eye's, felt her clench her hands in panic and worry in the air around her. He didn't want to leave her. She didn't want to have him leave. She was worried for him. Her mother was too.

"Um. You know...I can't really afford it...So...May I stay here?" He asked. She smiled and nodded. She reminded him so much of his mother. He stopped his thought process there. "Thank you so very much..." He said, bowing his head slightly in respect. She smiled at him, and walked back inside, most likely to explain this to the children and Rani's brother.

"Your mom's real nice...She's like mine was..." He said, shaking his head, and quickly wiping away a stray tear, so that she wouldn't notice. He cleared his throat. "This has been bothering me since the...kiss...Where do we go from here? I Have never been in a relationship more than acquaintance before you came along...What do we do?" He asked

Lacey
01-26-2010, 02:05 AM
Rani felt her whole body melt at the knowledge that Levias would be safe. Or at least safer than he would be if he were alone. Surely, those hateful men wouldn’t attack with a house full of kids and adults and telephones to call the police with. That would just be stupid, in her opinion. She watched her mom go inside the house, relieved that she understood things that others wouldn’t pick up on (although that sometimes got irritating when trying to hide something).

Your mom’s real nice…she’s like mine was…” Rani turned, feeling her heart sink. I’ve been so freaking insensitive, with my mom standing right there and Levias without one… She took a step towards him than grasped his hand. With a small smile, she squeezed in and listened.

For a moment she thought, trying to figure out the right words to say and how to say them. “Truthfully,” she felt some heat rise to her cheeks, “I’ve never had a relationship beyond friend.” Rani shrugged, an embarrassed smile on her face. “So I can’t tell you anything. All I can think is that we move forward, without overstepping boundaries quickly because that…” she bit her lip, memories of Kyle coming to her more quickly than she would have wished, “…that just ends up hurting people.”

Levias
01-26-2010, 02:16 AM
Levias felt her wrap her memorable hand (At least to him) around his, intertwining their fingers. He looked down at the two completely different hands, and then back up to her ocean orbs as she spoke.

When she told him she had never been anything more than friends with people, he raised an eyebrow, questioning in its own way. Her small smile and blush was cute to Levias. He shook his head very slightyl, still listening what she was saying.

"I agree completely. We have to have boundaries. Without them, things would be going way to fast." He said, nodding. "So what would you think the boundaries should be for now? Kissing, holding hands, cuddling?" He felt like a little kid saying the last word, and blushed a little bit, looking back down to her hand.

Lacey
01-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Rani smiled, reaching up and gently tapping her index finger on Levias’ nose. “That sounds perfect.” Her gaze drifted upwards, towards his eyes. The blush on his cheeks made Rani a bit giddy because she found that she thought it adorable. If he’d been holding a puppy, it would have been altogether too much for her to take.

An idea came into her head and she started towards the door, her had still clasping his. “You haven’t played guitar for me yet.” A grin formed on her lips, her blue eyes shining, “I’m not going to let you weasel out of this one. I’m sure my brother will let you use his.”

Levias
01-28-2010, 02:07 AM
Levias smiled when she tapped his nose, saying that the list was perfect. He smiled a bit and nodded. She looked up into his eyes, and had a look like she was seeing a puppy. He brought his other hand up to scratch the back of his head, offering a small sheepish grin.

Then, she started walking towards the door, dragging Levias by his hand. “You haven’t played guitar for me yet.” Levias smiled softly, and looked down. Of course... He thought as she dragged him inside, getting a confused look from Peter, who was at the table eating. Lucy giggle, and Kyle stopped walking down the stairs.

"Um. Rani wanted me to play guitar for her...Can I use yours?" He asked, scratching the back of his head again. Kyle nodded, and pointed upstairs. "Go ahead." With that, Rani pulled him up the stairs, and into Kyle's room. He spotted the Acoustic guitar instantly, and picked it up with his free hand, and let himself be dragged Again by Rani.

He sat on a chair she had, and his body already memorized the posture he used. He put his back strait,a nd the guitar on his right thigh. "You wnat me to play anything specific?" he asked, looking up from thej wooden instrument.

Lacey
01-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Rani smiled, sitting down. She silently admired the ease at which Levias handled the instrument. Whenever she had handled it, she was always afraid she’d do something stupid and permanently damage it. Even one that didn’t quite understand the art of playing such a thing could see that ease.

“Want me to play anything specific?”

She thought for a moment. Was there something that she wanted him to play? Thousands of songs ran through her head all at once but she shook her head, “You decide. You’re probably better at it than I.”

Levias
01-29-2010, 01:39 AM
When she said he could decide, he frowned slightly. She probably wouldn't like his choice of song, but he chose one. He began playing the deep notes, strumming with his hand.

Then, he sang.

I’ll be coming home
Just to be alone
Cause I know you’re not there
And I know that you don’t care
I can hardly wait to leave this place

He closed his eyes, his emotions taking over his voice and fingers. He had played this song many times before. So many, that his fingers had memorized where they were supposed to go.

No matter how hard I try
You’re never satisfied
This is not a home
I think I’m better off alone
You always disappear
Even when you’re here
This is not my home
I think I’m better off alone
Home, home, this house is not a
Home, home, this house is not a home

This song reminded him so much of his father. He didn't notice the children standing near the door, looking through the crack. They watched as his hands skillfully went across the frets, pressing down on the six different strings. He was too tied up in the song to even notice whatever Rani was doing.

By the time you come home
I’m already stoned
You turn off the TV
And you scream at me
I can hardly wait
Till you get off my case

During this part, he put a little extra emotion into it. He strumme dhte correct notes for the Melody across the beutiful wooden instrument. It wasn't his own, but it still worked. It was slightly out-of-tune though. He could fix that in a minute or so.

Then, he sang the chorus again, and began to play the crescendo before the chorus again. Soon, the song ended though, and Levias sighed out a breath of air. "I probably should have played something else..." He admitted, pulling a hand to his head, scratching.

He heard a wuick breath, and turned ot the door, before hearing scattering feat, and hushed voices. He blushed slightly. I think I should have been a bit more quiet" He said lightly, looking up to Rani from his boots.

Lacey
02-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Rani watched his fingers move along the frets, mesmerized by the movement and the sound of the vibrating strings. When he started to sing, she didn’t pay attention to the words at first, but the sound of his voice. She hadn’t been able to guess that he really was that good. Now, hearing the words, the smile fell from her face. Her lips didn’t turn downwards into a frown but an unreadable expression.

The emotions that radiated from Levias made her want to cry, but she stemmed the tears. The lump in her throat was more difficult to get rid of but she managed. She heard it when her siblings came to the door but she ignored them with practiced ease. Noticing his closed eyes, she made a motion that they also ignored easily. I’ll have to do something about those siblings…

Thinking things like that was helping her to not envision the immense pain that the boy in front of her had gone through. If only she could relieve some of that pain, make it so it never happened. If only.

As the last of the song faded away, Rani wonder what she should say. She’d never heard the song, though Peter probably had. She would ask him about it later, if she didn’t forget.

“It really isn’t fair, is it?” She said under her breath, so softly she wasn’t sure she said it. Looking at Levias, she smiled, “Don’t worry about them. They would’ve come up no matter how softly you played. It’s the character of nosy children.” Rani shot a glance at the door and shook her head with a small laugh.

“You sound great. Anyone would say that. And…” she hesitated but then continued, “and you have so much emotion that it really means something. You’re really good.” Her smile widened a bit, “Lucky duck.”

Levias
02-01-2010, 11:23 PM
"Kids have to be kids..." He said, shrugging slightly. As she called him a lucky duck, he raised an eyebrow. "I'm a what...?" He asked, snickering, which turned into a soft laughter. He went wide-eyed. He hadn't laughed in years.

He looked down to his hands, after putting the guitar down, he stared at them. "You made me laugh..." He said, his voice light and slightly confused. He looked up at her. "You don't know how long it has been since I have..." He said, sighing. He walked over to her, looking slightly awkward, and kissed her cheek softly. "Thank you..." He whispered in a gentle voice.

Lacey
02-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Rani blinked in surprise and Levias’ laughter, but then joined in quickly. It felt good to sit there, laughing with him. It was as if nothing else existed. Just them and the laughter. Forcing down more laugher, she nodded, starting to speak when he stood and started toward her. The movement silenced her and she blinked curiously.

“What—” again he stopped her words, bending and kissing her cheek. Warmth spread through her face as she blushed. She tentatively reached up and, with whisper-soft fingertips, touched his cheek. “If I have anything to say about it, you won’t ever have to say thank you for laughter again.”

She smiled and looked into the gray depths that were his eyes.

Levias
02-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Levias felt her angel-wing-like hands touch his face again. He wanted her hands to stay there forever, on his face, caressing his skin. He looked into her eyes. They looked like an ocean full of emotion and feeling. He wanted to drown in it. In fact, he was. He heard a pitter-patter after Rani's mother spoke something like 'Leave them alone...'

"Can I say thank you like this then?" He asked, leaning down and pressing his lips to hers softly, marvelling at how good it felt to kiss her. He wrapped his arms around her waist lightly, and smiled against her lips. "How about that?" He asked quietly.

Lacey
02-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Rani decided that the day she take kisses for granted was the day she lost all emotion. His hand felt like it belonged there and she felt a pang of regret when he pulled away. Her heart beat fast, trying to convince herself to let it out; to let him take a hold of it even if he crushed it. No…I can’t.

“You know,” Rani said, half to distract herself and half because she needed—wanted—to talk to him, “If you keep doing that, I don’t know if doing things worth thanking is worth it. It really can’t be good for my heart.” She smiled and leaning her head on his chest. The sound of his heart pounded through her ears and she decided that it was like a base drum-ever present and holding the symphony together.

Levias
02-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Levias smiled at the knowledge that she was comfortable in the embrace as she leaned into it. “If you keep doing that, I don’t know if doing things worth thanking is worth it. It really can’t be good for my heart.” She said to him, before leaning her head onto his chest.

Levias smirked. "What, do I make your heart beat that fast with my cassanova-like moves?" He asked jokingly. He realized something then. Normally he felt so constricted to hide how he really felt, He felt bound to keeping them secret. Here, all he was bound to was Her. He buried his face into her hair. "Thank you..."

Lacey
02-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Rani felt it before she heard it, the laughter bubbling up in her. It was so strange that it, laughter that is, is good for you but it tastes so good when everything else that’s ‘healthy’ for you is usually the opposite. The mixture of laughter and whatever other emotions were churning within her felt so good alone but combined it seemed lethal to her sanity.

“Yes, that’s it. That’s exactly it.”

[i]”Thank you…”[.i] She felt his face in her hair and her lips seemed frozen in that upward position.

“You’re welcome…”Rani said, softly, blinking away the confusion that threatened to invade the moment. “Though I do have to ask, what did I actually do?”

Levias
02-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Levias sighed into her soft hair, and nuzzled his head farther into it. "For making me talk to you...For helping me get out of my own depression and self-pity...For helping me open my eyes...And for staying with me even though I have my...Abilities..." He chose the word carefully, nodding mentally afterwards.

Rani's mother opened the door, and stopped. "Oh, I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" She asked, looking away slightly with a slightly happy look on her face. Levias looked to Rani, and was ready to let go if she requested.

Lacey
02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Rani blushed, but didn’t pull away as her mother’s words. She knew that if she did, she’d feel cold and unprotected. Until she’d been encased in his arms, she hadn’t even known that she’d felt like that. Breathing out slowly, she buried her face into him. There wasn’t anything she could think to say. Besides, she didn’t want him to see the tears standing in her eyes. It was difficult to pinpoint anytime that words had made her feel so happy.

Memories of the short time she’d spent with him ran through her head. She doubted they would ever fade; hoped they wouldn’t. It seemed her entire life had turned from the moment she stopped him. Looking up, she wrinkled her nose, hoping he didn’t see any evidence of those now-forgotten tears. “Did you know that you’re tall?” Her eyes twinkled and she giggled a little bit. “Not that I’m complaining.”

Levias
02-22-2010, 02:15 AM
Levias felt her lean into his chest, the soothing feeling of her fully protected by him made him feel good. He smiled slightly, looking down to her. "I don't know...I guess not..." He said, feeling her nuzzle his chest.

When she pulled up, and said that he was tall, he chuckled, smiling lightly and kissing her forehead. He looked back to her slightly blushing mom. "Um...You don't mind this...Right?" He asked slightly nervously.

Lacey
03-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Rani’s mom smiled, her eyes shining almost as much as her daughter’s were. “As long as you treat her like she’s the girl she is, I’m perfectly fine with it.” Wrinkling her nose, Rani gave her mom a look that told her firmly that those words were too momish. Her mother just grinned, “Though I have to say I don’t know what my husband will think.”

“Ooh, jeez, I’d almost forgotten about that.” Rani said, suddenly wondering how her father would react.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure he doesn’t go crazy on you.” There was a crash downstairs and her mom sighed, “I believe that’s my cue to leave. The door stays open.” She left and Rani looked up at Levias to see his reaction.

Levias
03-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Levias felt like beaming when she smiled, and said that she was fine. "I swear I will." He whispered quietly to Rani after her mother had said to treat her like the girl she is. At the mention of a father, Levias tensed up slightly, making sure not to squish Rani, but his muscles tightened up. They loosened when his mind translated that they were speaking of Rani's father.

He had heard enough about relationships and father-daughter relationships to know that this would be nerve-wrecking. And since Rani hadn't been in any relationships like this before, then it would probably be doubly so than normal. Levias was imaging a slightly burly man in a suit, and so far it was scarier to him than his own father.

Levias smiled thankfully at her and nodded as she left. He turned to Rani to smile. His fangs showed slightly. "Please tell me your dad isn't some huge guy who could probably throw me through two brick walls and a car." He said jokingly, yet with a serious undertone.

Lacey
03-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Rani laughed, then brought her hand up to her mouth to stop it from spewing forth once again. She soon found that her hands couldn't do such a task so she just let herself laugh and she wriggled reluctantly out of his arms. “I’ll show you.” Rummaging through her desk, she wrinkled her nose as she tried to find what she was looking for. “Ahh, here it is.” Pulling out a photo album from beneath a pile of papers, she flipped through the pages until she found the one that she wanted to show Levias.

“This is me and my dad a few months ago.” The picture show a man in jeans and a T-shirt with his arm around her. He was tall and skinny, with a hint of muscles beneath his arms. His face was contorted in a goofy grin and the free had he had was in a peace sign. Flipping the page, she show a picture of him carrying her bridal style in front of a pool. From the expressions on their faces, you could tell he was throwing her in.

“There is no way on earth my father could throw you through two brick walls and a car, except in his head.” Looking at the pictures, she grinned, “He’s just really overprotective. He’s the one that enlisted the younger kids to watch out for me and Lucy…think them time three. Lately, he’s been with is publisher, but he’s coming home soon.

Rani grabbed Levias’ hand with a sly smile, “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you. I owe you a few by now.”

Levias
03-23-2010, 10:58 PM
When she left his arms, he frowned slightly, but decided against bringing her right back into them. Levias watched with an amused look at her wrinkled up brow. She pulled out the photo album, and Levias blinked.

Levias observed the man. So he didn't look like he could throw Levias through a wall, in fact his build was similar to Levias'. He looked happy-go-lucky instead of Levias' normally angry and dead expressions.

Levias smirked at the picture of him throwing her in the pool. I think I'll try that someday... The thought came from nowhere, but he nodded at it.

"Oh, that makes it so much better. Three times as protective as the children who tore through me bit by bit this morning with their gazes." He said jokingly, smiling at her.

When she grabbed his hand, he felt his cheeks warm up slightly, and his smile widen. "Oh yes, protect me from the big scary man." He said, rolling his eyes.

Lacey
03-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Blue eyes sparkling, Rani giggled, then spoke. “I’d almost forgotten that particular moment of my life but I’m so glad you reminded me because they were so adorable, don’t you think? I’m sure those were the exact words that ran through your head at that point in time, right?” Joy cascaded through her veins, shoving away any lingering pain of the events that had passed. This was someone she was comfortable with, that she could joke around and just talk with—without the awkwardness.

“Of cows I’ll protect you, it seems as though you might need it.” Rani blinked a few times innocently then glanced around the room as if hiding something but her eyes ran across her keyboard. “Hey…I just realized I forced you to play a song and I haven’t done anything in return. You aren’t the only one will skills.”

Forcing herself to let go of his hand, she walked to the keyboard and turned it on. “I wonder if you’ll recognize this. I’m not gonna sing it because no one wants me to sing it for a good reason.” Without hesitation, Rani put her fingers on the slightly cool piano and started playing the piano to Meteor Shower by Owl City then she flawlessly transitioned into Already Over by RED. Though she winced when she made mistakes, she let them go.

“Well, Mr. Too-Epic-For-My-Own-Good? How was that?” Her eyes twinkled as she wondered if it was weird to grab his hand again.

Levias
03-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Levias smirked once more. "Oh yes, that was definitely what was going on through my head. How can children be that capable to stare you down. I don't even remember being able to do that." He said, shaking his head slightly.

He chuckled slightly at her cow comment, and then watched her ocean-eyes dart across the room. He took this time to memorize them. Sort of like a photograph in his mind.

He blinked at her statement, before feeling her let go of his hand. His finger tried to linger with hers, but he forced it down. He nodded when she started playing. He did not recognize the first song at all. When she transitioned, he instantly recognized the music as Already Over (A/N: One of my favorite Bands of all-time)

He watched her wince at some mistakes, and shook his head. She seemed to let them go, but Levias wasn't sure.

“Well, Mr. Too-Epic-For-My-Own-Good? How was that?”

Levias chuckled once more at her new name for him. "It was good. You're really good." He said, moving forward towards her, and leaning to her ear. "But I'm better..." He teased, before going to pick the guitar up, and placing it on his knee.

"Do you know Nightwish?" He asked, before he played the first melodic verse on the guitar for the song Nemo.

Lacey
03-31-2010, 08:51 PM
With a grin, Rani place her hands on the piano, “Is that a challenge?” Recognizing the song, she started to play again. Her younger brother adored this song and he’d tried to learn it on the piano and had begged Rani to learn it so she could teach him (he gave up soon after) so she knew the song almost perfectly. “Does that answer your question?” With a soft smile, the pleasure of the music caressing her, she started to play a counter melody she’d created.

The strings of lyrics ran through her head but she refused to let them spew from her lips. She could figure out songs by ear but she couldn’t figure out if she was singing the right note or not and it left for some hilarious results. Including her brothers recording it and using it as blackmail.

(A.N: Sorry it’s so short, and, yes, RED’s epicness is amazing!)

Levias
04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
(It's all good, I have a bit of writer's block myself)

Levias smiled when she began to play a counter melody. It was unique. Like her. His smile softened up slightly, and he closed his eyes. It felt good to just be sitting with her and playing music.

"Dinner!" He heard from down the stairs. It sounded like Rani's little brother. Levias played a couple more notes before stopping and setting the acoustic guitar down. "Good job. Could use a bit of work though." He said teasingly, wiggling his eyebrows.

He stood, and opened the door fully for her. "Madame..." He said with a horrible accent, gesturing to the door.